[GUIDE] Get Reachability (IOS8 feature) on android

Search This thread

snorrski

Nov 12, 2013
Copenhagen
If you have followed the publicity about the new iPhone, you have probably seen the Reachability feature and thought, "that would be neat on my 5.5inch super-mobile".

If you have never heard about "Reachability", this is what it's about:
With new features like Reachability you can interact with the larger screen in different ways, too. Simply double touch the Home button and the entire screen shifts down closer to your thumb.
Source: apple.com/iphone-6/design/

Well here is some good news for you: it isn't that hard.

WHAT YOU NEED:

• Rooted phone
  • Xposed framework and the One-Hand Mode module (Premium is best, to get it to work properly)
  • Tasker or a launcher that allows you to use gestures.
PROCEDURE:

1. Install xposed, if you haven't already, and the OHM module (follow their instructions)
  2. Activate the module
  3. Restart

Now to activate the functionality:

I have set the OHM module to move the the screen 700 pixels from the top.
2hzlnht.jpg

Then I used Tasker to make a profile where an up-down shake will activate the One-Hand Toggle app.
rk8vx3.jpg
157lxev.jpg

io2c2h.jpg

If you use a launcher which allows for gestures you can also use these to activate the Toggle App.

This is what it looks like when it works:
10n5cbd.jpg

SHAKE and voila:

2afzyhs.jpg

(screen shots will be added later. Details will be added if asked for)

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
You're right, it isn't too much to ask, but the OP hasn't done that so a better usage of your time probably would have been just to look it up. I wasn't 'being like that' anyway, it was said in jest.

Transmitted via Bacon

danny_and_2

Sep 14, 2008
Denmark
If you have followed the publicity about the new iPhone, you have probably seen the Reachability feature and thought, "that would be neat on my 5.5inch super-mobile".

This is innovative thinking, right here!
Thank you for inlightning us all with this cool trick!

Det er satme smart. :0)

Reactions: snorrski

snorrski

Nov 12, 2013
Copenhagen
Is it only in launcher?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Did you mean whether this feature unly works with one Launcher? Or that it only works with the launcher, and not in apps?

To answer accordingly: I have only tried this in one launcher, but i see no reason why it shouldn't work with all launchers. It does work in apps (if not, what would be the point, right?), though not so well in "full screen" apps.

Last edited:
Reactions: souljaboy

ram4life

Feb 11, 2015
pie control

Pie control works better for me I find... Using the Oneplus
Also if you have nova launcher, you can add 'Nova Actions' to your homescreen that are essentially shortcut icons ie. for the status bar or notifications

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-10-23-12-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-10-23-12-23.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 1,427
  • Screenshot_2015-02-10-23-06-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-10-23-06-51.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 1,457

TigerDNA

Nov 7, 2012
Pie control works better for me I find... Using the Oneplus
Also if you have nova launcher, you can add 'Nova Actions' to your homescreen that are essentially shortcut icons ie. for the status bar or notifications

Yea I agree, Pie is the way for me too. I had Note 2 and 3 and never used "One Hand Mode". I just always thought there had to be an easier way to turn it on and off. Same here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

With new features like Reachability you can interact with the larger screen in different ways, too. Simply double touch the Home button and the entire screen shifts down closer to your thumb.
    Source: apple.com/iphone-6/design/

Well here is some good news for you: it isn't that hard.

WHAT YOU NEED:

• Rooted phone
    • Xposed framework and the One-Hand Mode module (Premium is best, to get it to work properly)
    • Tasker or a launcher that allows you to use gestures.
    PROCEDURE:

1. Install xposed, if you haven't already, and the OHM module (follow their instructions)
    2. Activate the module
    3. Restart

Now to activate the functionality:

I have set the OHM module to move the the screen 700 pixels from the top.
    2hzlnht.jpg

Then I used Tasker to make a profile where an up-down shake will activate the One-Hand Toggle app.
    rk8vx3.jpg
    157lxev.jpg

io2c2h.jpg

If you use a launcher which allows for gestures you can also use these to activate the Toggle App.

This is what it looks like when it works:
    10n5cbd.jpg

SHAKE and voila:

2afzyhs.jpg

(screen shots will be added later. Details will be added if asked for)
    I will take that as a "friendly" crituque of my presenting (posting) style.... And add it.
    It was a friendly critique. Hence the lol. Thanks for adding to the original post!

This is innovative thinking, right here!
    Thank you for inlightning us all with this cool trick!

Det er satme smart. :0)
    Is it only in launcher?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Did you mean whether this feature unly works with one Launcher? Or that it only works with the launcher, and not in apps?

To answer accordingly: I have only tried this in one launcher, but i see no reason why it shouldn't work with all launchers. It does work in apps (if not, what would be the point, right?), though not so well in "full screen" apps.
    Does anyone know of a way to get reachability without Xposed for Nougat users?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone