• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ GUIDE ] Get the most of your Nexus 6 sound experience!

Search This thread

pincakez

Feb 4, 2012
Port said
www.arazine.com
I'm a novice sound engineer and i have been learning and reading about audio engineering since last 3 years and now music is my life , i LOVE to listen to the music all the time and I'm tend to hear the best quality i can get..
when i buy a phone the first thing i look for is the sound experience of this phone
i don't usually focus on the speakers , i only focus for the output audio jack
i love android and to be honest i hate iphone or iOS in particular .
I've noticed that Iphone can producer a decent sound quality than the most of android devices ! i was very sad since I've noticed that because i will never own iphone whatever happened
and I've searched online for how to improve my device sound quality and i found a lot of solutions !
the best thing that we all already know is Viper4android , Yes we agree on that
viper can give me A LOT of audio modifications with no doubt and with the best settings you get you Finlay will be happy listening to your music but.. viper can producer an enhanced sound with limits !
th loudness cant be that good .. you increase the Gain and you will hear the distortion in your hear :(
the definition of distortion is simply when you pushing beyond 0db +1db means distortion and you don't wanna hear that
so my target became like that ..
1- get a HIGH and LOUD audio without pushing my audio beyond 0db
2-get a Good audio quality
of course you cant achieve that without having a decent ( earphone - headphones ) and in my opinion try to avoid any unknown brands you can get cheaply in your city market
I'm using my headset Audio-Technica M50x and i love it so much because its a Monitor nit HiFi headset
thats mean its producer a FLAT style audio without any modification at all
HiFi means the opposite
i use a HiFi in my earphones like Skullcandy and sennheiser while I'm out
so this is what Ive tried and what i can recommend for you
Skullcand smokin buds 2 (( cheap + good bass + Loud enough + Normal sound quality ))
Skullcandy 50/50 (( Very good bass + Loud enough + Normal sound quality ))
sennheiser cx200 (( Cheap + Normal loudness + High sound Quality + Perfect bass ))
sennheiser cx300 (( Cheap + Loud enough + Perfect sound quality + Perfect bass ))
and of course th Audio-Technica M50x For the best sound experience i,ve ever had
its VERY LOUD and AWESOME BASS and the sound quality is super but its not very chap
now you've got the right earphone or headset , now this what you should do in my opinion ..
1- install any good kernel you like in your nexus 6 that ca allow you to run a Kernel Adiutor app
2- install Kernel Adiutor from playstore
3- use power AMP as your main music player ( the best music player you can find in android )

WARNING --- you can harm your earphone or your headset if you raised the volume much and you can even hurt your ears so please be careful ---

no you decrees the volume in your device to the half and play the best song you like in power amp and listen to it while you are going to the Sound tap in Kernel Adiutor
and Gently increase the Volume gain .. it will make the sound louder and louder but don't go to the max ... gently increase 1 by one by 1 till you find the perfect sound with no distortion

go to your powerAMP and head to the equalizer and DON'T shape it like a crazy! just make a little changes ( look at the picture ) because PowerAMP will compress your music if you made something crazy like if you increased the 16khz band all to the top
it will give you what you want , a very sharp high ( hats and treble ) but you will loose the mid ( the singer voice for example ) and the Low as well ( bass and bassline )
so take it easy while adjusting these knobs
PowerAMP will give another 2 knobs ( BASS and TREBLE ) yes they are very useful but don't ever get across the 30% to avoid the compressing !
and to make sure that you don't want to ruined your music just enable the Limit button
it will prevent you from crossing the 0db

Now go to the PowerAMP settings-->Audio--->Advanced tweaks menu and make sure they are like this picture

and remember --- your volume was just 50% and you now have amazing loudness
so don't make it higher till you are sure that your headset CAN take more
and please don't harm your ears... :rolleyes:
try to listen to a decent music type like House and Trance so u can experience your headset or earphone

i hope that i helped and Sorry for my very bad English :fingers-crossed:

pincakez

Feb 4, 2012
Port said
www.arazine.com
I cannot see the pics good at all

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Just click on the image

What about a good and cheap BT???
ive been using SBH50 its a sony earphones , search for it

What is power amp ? Is it better than V4A ? V4A is pretty decent, but with Dolby Atmos that really dials it in even more.
well , V4A it just a Audio engine and it cannot play the music without an music player , Power amp count as a Music player with engine inside of it , you have many music players in Play store but not all of then has an integrated Music engine
and with all respect for Dolby , but it cant produce a decent gain and yes you can get much more bass but this is will cost you some of your loudness

Last edited:
Reactions: sgr king

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm a novice sound engineer and i have been learning and reading about audio engineering since last 3 years and now music is my life , i LOVE to listen to the music all the time and I'm tend to hear the best quality i can get..
    when i buy a phone the first thing i look for is the sound experience of this phone
    i don't usually focus on the speakers , i only focus for the output audio jack
    i love android and to be honest i hate iphone or iOS in particular .
    I've noticed that Iphone can producer a decent sound quality than the most of android devices ! i was very sad since I've noticed that because i will never own iphone whatever happened
    and I've searched online for how to improve my device sound quality and i found a lot of solutions !
    the best thing that we all already know is Viper4android , Yes we agree on that
    viper can give me A LOT of audio modifications with no doubt and with the best settings you get you Finlay will be happy listening to your music but.. viper can producer an enhanced sound with limits !
    th loudness cant be that good .. you increase the Gain and you will hear the distortion in your hear :(
    the definition of distortion is simply when you pushing beyond 0db +1db means distortion and you don't wanna hear that
    so my target became like that ..
    1- get a HIGH and LOUD audio without pushing my audio beyond 0db
    2-get a Good audio quality
    of course you cant achieve that without having a decent ( earphone - headphones ) and in my opinion try to avoid any unknown brands you can get cheaply in your city market
    I'm using my headset Audio-Technica M50x and i love it so much because its a Monitor nit HiFi headset
    thats mean its producer a FLAT style audio without any modification at all
    HiFi means the opposite
    i use a HiFi in my earphones like Skullcandy and sennheiser while I'm out
    so this is what Ive tried and what i can recommend for you
    Skullcand smokin buds 2 (( cheap + good bass + Loud enough + Normal sound quality ))
    Skullcandy 50/50 (( Very good bass + Loud enough + Normal sound quality ))
    sennheiser cx200 (( Cheap + Normal loudness + High sound Quality + Perfect bass ))
    sennheiser cx300 (( Cheap + Loud enough + Perfect sound quality + Perfect bass ))
    and of course th Audio-Technica M50x For the best sound experience i,ve ever had
    its VERY LOUD and AWESOME BASS and the sound quality is super but its not very chap
    now you've got the right earphone or headset , now this what you should do in my opinion ..
    1- install any good kernel you like in your nexus 6 that ca allow you to run a Kernel Adiutor app
    2- install Kernel Adiutor from playstore
    3- use power AMP as your main music player ( the best music player you can find in android )

WARNING --- you can harm your earphone or your headset if you raised the volume much and you can even hurt your ears so please be careful ---

no you decrees the volume in your device to the half and play the best song you like in power amp and listen to it while you are going to the Sound tap in Kernel Adiutor
    and Gently increase the Volume gain .. it will make the sound louder and louder but don't go to the max ... gently increase 1 by one by 1 till you find the perfect sound with no distortion

go to your powerAMP and head to the equalizer and DON'T shape it like a crazy! just make a little changes ( look at the picture ) because PowerAMP will compress your music if you made something crazy like if you increased the 16khz band all to the top
    it will give you what you want , a very sharp high ( hats and treble ) but you will loose the mid ( the singer voice for example ) and the Low as well ( bass and bassline )
    so take it easy while adjusting these knobs
    PowerAMP will give another 2 knobs ( BASS and TREBLE ) yes they are very useful but don't ever get across the 30% to avoid the compressing !
    and to make sure that you don't want to ruined your music just enable the Limit button
    it will prevent you from crossing the 0db

Now go to the PowerAMP settings-->Audio--->Advanced tweaks menu and make sure they are like this picture

and remember --- your volume was just 50% and you now have amazing loudness
    so don't make it higher till you are sure that your headset CAN take more
    and please don't harm your ears... :rolleyes:
    try to listen to a decent music type like House and Trance so u can experience your headset or earphone

i hope that i helped and Sorry for my very bad English :fingers-crossed:
    What is power amp ? Is it better than V4A ? V4A is pretty decent, but with Dolby Atmos that really dials it in even more.

Power amp is the normal go to audio player for those that wont rely on cloud based music.
    I cannot see the pics good at all

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Just click on the image

What about a good and cheap BT???
    ive been using SBH50 its a sony earphones , search for it

well , V4A it just a Audio engine and it cannot play the music without an music player , Power amp count as a Music player with engine inside of it , you have many music players in Play store but not all of then has an integrated Music engine
    and with all respect for Dolby , but it cant produce a decent gain and yes you can get much more bass but this is will cost you some of your loudness
    I see you're a KSHMR fan as well!