[Guide] Getting H933/Any? Modem to work on a converted US998/H930.

Search This thread

cloud1250000

Jul 4, 2011
Ottawa

A SOLUTION WAS DISCOVERED
CLICK HERE TO ENJOY

Hi Guys!

So... I've no clue if my LTE connectivity is worse then before and since I'm scared of bricking my device by reverting back to the canadian firmware...
I've got a canadian G6 so I compared both of them and.. even tho the Band 4 had weaker signal, the G6 still picked the Band 4 over the Band 2 that my phone picked.
(I know that my network band 4 is way faster then the band2, so maybe that's why it's still using it even if the signal is weaker)

Based on that, I've been playing around, trying to get the H933 modem file to work with a converted phone and behave like my G6.

First of, I don't have my original modem files (the 3 bin files). I tried to flash the modem partition using PARTITION DL with LGUP. It doesn't flash it and prompt an alert about a risk of writing of 4 differents partitions.. From there, I assume the partition scheme for the H933 is not the same as the US998. (And I know a lot of people reported it just bootloop the device which makes sens at this point.)

I gave up on flashing the modem files for now and played around with the build.prop file.

US99820a04 vs H93320e00
First, I looked at the difference in the Global Canadian firmware and the us998 firmware
https://www.diffchecker.com/uQi9MMYA

I handpicked some of the differences and tried them directly on my phone (using a rooted file explorer)
https://www.diffchecker.com/vVrIpjts

this change was just a test to see if I get the option to record in the phone call app
Code:
persist.vendor.audio.fluence.voicerec=true

But, sadly, it doesn't change anything so It's not valuable and i'll probably revert it back to false.

From there, strangely, I got different elements appearing in the stock OS and the icon from indicating LTE changed back to what it was before the conversion.
So I can assume one more thing, the US998 system should have everything that is needed to behave like a canadian device

The last step would be to flash the modem partition using dd
(https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76584629&postcount=193)
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/modem.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem
dd if=/sdcard/modemst1.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst1
dd if=/sdcard/modemst2.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst2

But I don't have access to the modem setting file.. But I know erasing them should be fine.
(https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=75507379&postcount=38)

BUT! this command doesn't work on my device, so i'll have to do this :
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst1 bs=16384
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst2 bs=16384
I'm not sure about the bs=16384 argument

And the next concern is.. the modem file from the H933 is smaller then the US998 modem file.
H933 : 98,422,784
US998 : 98,947,072

But, since it's smaller, I assume it's fine to flash it over the US998 modem partition

From there, I assume, everything should work as before.. right?

Just posting this here because I'm not sure of some stuff.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: magiconthetire

cloud1250000

Jul 4, 2011
Ottawa
Also, I've been looking at the content both modem file.. and i'm pretty sure they both have all the band...
https://www.diffchecker.com/eV4MAeul
these are the references to the lte band i found while comparing the 2 files

lets try to check the content of modemst1 and modemst2, pretty sure the restriction can be found there and maybe we can just edit the content to enable/disable whatever we want.

Edit:
It's probably a generic modem provided by qualcomm.. So maybe lg didnt remove all the band reference and just blocked them..

Edit2:

By extracting both modem file, I can now say that their configurations are completely different. (sadly)

Last edited:

cloud1250000

Jul 4, 2011
Ottawa
Not sure you can just flash a modem.bin.

While cheaply opening the modem.bin of the US998 and the H933, I found that the configuration of the modem is way different. Where the us998 has more visible configuration then the H933.
attachment.php

Also, carrier wise, they are completely different too. The US998 modem configuration file are pretty straight forward while the canadian one heavily really on nv/item_files/
ATT vs Bell
attachment.php

attachment.php

So i'm pretty sure you cannot flash just the modem.bin. Where is stored the nv/item_file? I think we need to flash one more thing in order to make it work.

Ps. the us998 modem file has a specific configuration for spint too.. I really wonder what's the different between the us998 modem and the LS998 (maybe the content of the NV?)
attachment.php

More info~

Reactions: gahehe and wisunny

cloud1250000

Jul 4, 2011
Ottawa
Okay, just flashed the modem file doesn't work (using dd)
The phone can still boot fine but no sim card is detected.

I've tried to edit more stuff in the build.prop in hope it would allow the modem to pick the right config.. but... nothing.. So I flashed back to the us998 modem. (While keeping my build.prop change)

The lte seems fine for now... still it doesnt have the network optimisation of the canadian modem

So there's clearly something that is checked by the modem before the system load.

Last edited:

karendar

Aug 9, 2010
Montreal
Okay, just flashed the modem file doesn't work (using dd)
The phone can still boot fine but no sim card is detected.

I've tried to edit more stuff in the build.prop in hope it would allow the modem to pick the right config.. but... nothing.. So I flashed back to the us998 modem. (While keeping my build.prop change)

The lte seems fine for now... still it doesnt have the network optimisation of the canadian modem

So there's clearly something that is checked by the modem before the system load.

Honestly, I don't think it's worth going back to the Canadian modem. My personal experience:

• Bluetooth is more stable
  • Signal strength more accurately presented on the signal icon
  • Lost some performance on LTE, but marginal

I have a first gen LG V30 which is plagued with signal issues... It's most likely hardware more than software. Now that I Bootloader unlocked it, it's pretty much over if I want a replacement though.

cloud1250000

Jul 4, 2011
Ottawa
Honestly.. I don't have signal issue..

But. I know for a fact that the Bell LTE band 4 is better and it is not picked by default here...

It prefers the band 2 for some reason.. If we could just change the band preference.. It would be amazing. (Because both are available here and it doesnt pick the band 4 often.. Probably because of signal strength.. But the band 4 is better even with less signals..)

I might try some stuff soon.. But since I was alone.. I didnt really bother with that anymore..

Mad Medik

Jan 28, 2006
The Hammer!
There is also the lack of VoLTE on the 998. I would like to have that working again as it did on 933.

True.. There's another thread where the op explained on how to get volte back in their country.. which is not canada. It doesn't work with our device..

I'll look more into this...

Any progress for anyone on this? ( I mentioned elsewhere but I will drop it here too as ot is relevant) Freedom Mobile announced that they will be releasing a software update tomorrow to activate VoLTE on their V30's.

gilnfld

Dec 14, 2009
St. John's
Honestly.. I don't have signal issue..

But. I know for a fact that the Bell LTE band 4 is better and it is not picked by default here...

It prefers the band 2 for some reason.. If we could just change the band preference.. It would be amazing. (Because both are available here and it doesnt pick the band 4 often.. Probably because of signal strength.. But the band 4 is better even with less signals..)

I might try some stuff soon.. But since I was alone.. I didnt really bother with that anymore..

Hey there,
Just like you I have been for over a month now trying to find ways of flashing the H933 modem file back to our canadian phones once the 998 conversion is done. As i have recently written to @Mad Medik i have tried several different approaches and have arrived to the same conclusion that flashing the modem.bin/img file on dd or twrp is only part of the process. Not only does it kill the SIM access but also wifi as well once you do this this H933 Modem flash and also shows blank IMEI. Some other .bin/img file is necessary and not merely buildprop tweek. I went back to the drawing board yesterday and tried every possible build.prop manipulations but to no avail. I I am now thinking that maybe this requires us to also flash the persist.img/bing from H933, what do you think about this?

I also wanted to add that it is not only with the US998 but allso with the VS996. I flashed westwood24's twrp flash-able zip for stock996 and tried the Canadian modem flash but with same results. On a side note, i feel that, notwithstanding some of the Verizon bloat which is easily removed/frozen, the 996 operates smoother and better battery performance than the US998 but i am not able to full quantify that quite yet.

Either-way, as I have posted elsewhere -- I am able to get LTE here in Atlantic Canada no problems with EITHER the 998 or 996 modems. That said if you find that that these modems are favoring one band over another which you feel would be better you can disable that one particular band. I found the same thing happening here, my v30 was regularly defaulting to either band 2 or 5 instead of the better 4 or 7. So i disabled them and now it works excellent.

gs

Reactions: Mad Medik

cloud1250000

Jul 4, 2011
Ottawa
hm.. Probably the next thing I would try would be to flash the canadian system img and boot img... (like they did to get sprint working) (using dd)

I tried forcing the setting to load the configurations files modem manually... The idea came from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/how-to/guide-volte-vowifi-functional-available-t3834267
I've dropped some of my concern there. btw while following this thread.. I lost the volte option that I had in my mobile setting menu...

The problem is.. it doesn't load the files (the modem config files).. so.. we can also try to check the logcat to, maybe, get some insight about why it doesn't initialize the modem at all (lte/wifi/imei)

Edit: Someone also mentioned something about not flashing the root checker thingy.. maybe this would help?

Last edited:

gilnfld

Dec 14, 2009
St. John's
hm.. Probably the next thing I would try would be to flash the canadian system img and boot img... (like they did to get sprint working) (using dd)

I tried forcing the setting to load the configurations files modem manually... The idea came from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/how-to/guide-volte-vowifi-functional-available-t3834267
I've dropped some of my concern there. btw while following this thread.. I lost the volte option that I had in my mobile setting menu...

The problem is.. it doesn't load the files (the modem config files).. so.. we can also try to check the logcat to, maybe, get some insight about why it doesn't initialize the modem at all (lte/wifi/imei)

Edit: Someone also mentioned something about not flashing the root checker thingy.. maybe this would help?

Hi,
Yeah I tried that already -- flashing both boot and system from the Canadian KDZ file -- didnt work, just bootloops even after several wipes. I also had zero luckwith the logcats after the modem flash, no relevant info. Hopefully you have better luck than me...

Cheers,

GS

cloud1250000

Jul 4, 2011
Ottawa
Did you erase the modem setting partition when you tried?

edit:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...ofessional-t1308546/post77558988#post77558988

the person who made this thread and tools might have an idea.

Edit 2 :
Looking here, I assume the nv partition/folderis within the modem setting partition
https://androidforums.com/threads/v...leon-some-efs-imei-info-brick-backups.782318/

Last edited:

cloud1250000

Jul 4, 2011
Ottawa
OKay from one of the link I shared, we might need to overwrite the backup and fsg partition (and then delete the modemst*) parititon

backup - NV data backup partition
FSG - Modem Storage "Golden Copy"

cloud1250000

Jul 4, 2011
Ottawa
okay good news guys.

I made it. :D

I'm currently on the latest global ca version, twrp for recovery and fully rooted :D

(i've just done it... I lost all my data sadly... :'( )

I'll keep you updated tomorrow since i have to sleep now (2:45am and i work at 8...)

It's totally doable by anyone with enough patience but sadly.. I'm 100% sure it's not possible to provide a nandroid backup as an easy solution.

I'll probably drop my solution tomorrow.. once I confirm volte works on the global version (one of the main reason lol)

Good night.

Last edited:

bnevets27

Oct 19, 2010
This is awesome news! Good job. You were perfect for the job, right amount of ambition and smarts to figure it.

I'll patiencently wait for you information or in my case a guide/instructions. I'm in no hurry, just really happy you got it figured out.

gilnfld

Dec 14, 2009
St. John's
okay good news guys.

I'm currently on the latest global ca version, twrp for recovery and fully rooted :D

I'll keep you updated tomorrow since i have to sleep now (2:45am and i work at 8...)

It's totally doable by anyone with enough patience but sadly.. I'm 100% sure it's not possible to provide a nandroid backup as an easy solution.

I'll probably drop my solution tomorrow.. once I confirm volte works on the global version (one of the main reason lol)

Good night.

Did you erase the modem setting partition when you tried?

edit:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...ofessional-t1308546/post77558988#post77558988

the person who made this thread and tools might have an idea.

Edit 2 :
Looking here, I assume the nv partition/folderis within the modem setting partition
https://androidforums.com/threads/v...leon-some-efs-imei-info-brick-backups.782318/

Hey @cloud1250000,

First of all my apologies for not getting back to your previous message sooner re; erasing the modemst1/2 partitions. I was gonna respond when you posted it but depending on my and my wife's work schedule there are times when I have zero opportunity to get back on xda. We have a 9month old crawling around so that makes it even more complicated.

Second, I am elated that you found out some more information about how to get our H933 working with twrp/root. I had some new theories about partition locations for the modem and efs backups but simply did not have the chance play with it. I also never considered the FSG partition but it makes sense. Glad you got it working and looking forward to hearing your procedure. When i had done the modemst1 / 2 erase just as is without any efs backup/NV config file not only did it fail to load the canadian modem i was not able to flash other modems re; 998 or VS996 , which i was able to do before , only way back was to do a full rom install. This implied that the modemst partition could not -- as you also indicated -- simply be erased and that other things were linked to it. Again, glad you figured it out. Now you had mentioned overwriting the fsg partition but i thought when we flash the KDZ with LGUP it does infact do that no?

One thought that just occured to me is that even though a simply nandroid approach wont do it could we not, using twrp do the required manipulation of different FSG/EFS partiitions using twrp backup and restore? For example, as we had discussed earlier when we install the full KDZ of the H933 oreo in LGUP flashing all partitions except the Recovery one, we got bootloops but still are able to access twrp. I assumed that meant that while the system was not booting the full canadian rom was infact installed and that you we could do a twrp backup of the required partitions, re; efs, system etc and manipulate them. Not sure if this was your approach? Looking forward to hearing your wizardry,
cheers,
gs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKED DEVICE
    IF YOU ARE HERE, YOU ALREADY UNLOCKED YOUR BOOTLOADER AND SOME PART OF THIS GUIDE WONT BE EXPLAINED IN DETAIL BECAUSE OF THAT
    ~~~This SHOULD work for any model.~~~
    Except.. use the corresponding unlockable model kdz for your region.
    Read everything before attempting.

PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BEFORE ATTEMPTING.. YOU MIGHT/WILL GET MORE INSIGHT/A NEW SOLUTION BY DOING SO.
    INCLUDING THE TL;DR AT THE END.

Okay...

You all know I tried a bunch of different stuff before reaching this point. The simplicity of the solution is incredible and might shock you.

So first.. I know I couldn't make it without
    throwing away all of my precious userdata/internal data
    because the partition scheme of the H933 is not the same as any US phone. It's more close to the EU open kdz.

This is the story about how I did it.

Uselessly flashing random partitions till I broke the us998 system completely (wasted 3h)

1. H933

I started by Partition DL (LGUP) the latest kdz for canadian device. All of its partition. (Say yes to the fact it changes other partitions...)

The goal here was to reach a state where I know everything should be working. One of my main concern was.. I didn't know if I would loose the unlocked bootloader by doing so.
    (Due to the weird nature of our bootloader unlock)

I quickly learned I didn't loose the unlocked state.. but the device was bootlooping...
    In order to fix that, I had to do a hard reset... I'm still unsure of how you do it.. the timing was really off for me due to the warning screen of the unlocked bootloader.

I finally booted in my freshly unlocked and useless H933 phone. I reached the setup menu and noticed the lte+ icon and I was satisfied with that.
    (Previously, the way I flashed some stuff... the modem didnt work and the lte/wifi was down.)

********** PLEASE **********
    Complete the initial setup and test if the HD Audio option is available for you when you make a call (might need to toggle something in call setting)
    I didn't check that and now.. I'm wondering if I might have done something wrong.. if I did.. maybe the true solution is somewhere else..

From there, I turned off the phone and I fired up LGUP once again. This time, I wouldn't make the same mistake and I backep up everything using the DUMP option.
    (except for the userdata, it might be good to back it up)

2. US998

At this point, it was time to go back to the US and enjoy the liberty of having a working fastboot.
    I just flashed straight to the latest version of US998 Oreo (or the latest one I had on my computer..)

I booted on fastboot and flashed twrp. Within TWRP I double/triple checked it was really flashed by going to the reboot menu and rebooting to the recovery.

3. Back to the Fut... H933

Time to flash back to the canadian version :p

Partiton DL > Select everything except the recovery. (Say yes to the fact it changes other partitions...)

Once you try to boot this time... it should directly go to the recovery.. I assumed at this point it was trying to factory reset some stuff.. So I went ahead and did a factory reset.

It didn't work... but atleast my data partiton wasnt crypted anymore.. I took this chance and flashed magisk/verity/rctd zip from the original wtf unlock bootloader guide. (In the same order)
    Flash Magisk 17.1 (https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/v17.1/Magisk-v17.1.zip)
    Flash encryption disabler (https://build.nethunter.com/android-tools/no-verity-opt-encrypt/)
    Flash root checker disabler (https://build.nethunter.com/android-tools/lg-rctd-disabler/)

I assumed this might solve my problem.. and restarted.. nop still going directly to the recovery.. Oh god.. the fun begin.. I was experiencing the same thing as @gilnfld

So I turned off my phone and did a fresh start, once I reached the recovery, I went to the advanced menu and tapped on the first option ('copy logs file' I think)

By going tru the kernel logs, I noticed it was trying to resize the op partition.. I guess the original recovery had this feature and not twrp...

Code:
    <6>[    0.979944 / 01-01 00:00:00.969][6] [LGE] Normal Boot Case.
    <6>[    0.979957 / 01-01 00:00:00.969][6] get_qem = 0
    <6>[    0.979975 / 01-01 00:00:00.969][6] GPT is up to date!
    <6>[    0.979989 / 01-01 00:00:00.969][6] get_qem = 0
    <6>[    0.980060 / 01-01 00:00:00.979][6] [LGE][OP Image] BootIntoFastboot : 0, get_qem() = 0
    <6>[    0.980074 / 01-01 00:00:00.979][6] get_qem = 0
    <6>[    0.980110 / 01-01 00:00:00.979][6] [LGE][OP Image] get_ftm_frst 6, op_status : 1.
    <6>[    0.980133 / 01-01 00:00:00.979][6] OP Image - set op_status: 1
    <6>[    0.980166 / 01-01 00:00:00.979][6] OP Image - get op_name : OPEN_CA, ret = 0
    <6>[    0.980203 / 01-01 00:00:00.979][6] [LGE][OP Image] boot_into_recovery:0, op_resize:1.
    <6>[    0.980246 / 01-01 00:00:00.979][6] [LGE][OP Image] Booting as recovery for handling OP image.
    <6>[    0.980274 / 01-01 00:00:00.979][6] [LGE][OP Image] End of OP Resize

Well.. remember that first dump we did at step one? When we had the canadian system working with the lte+ icon? Welp guess what.. it has the op partition image inside :D

So I plugged my phone in my computer and... flashed the dumped op partition on the phone :)
    The filename should look like OP_COMX.. just rename it to OP.bin and put it at the root of your internal storage
    Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/OP.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/OP
    reboot from the twrp reboot menu

I rebooted and!! It still went back to the recovery... :'(
    From there, I flashed a bunch of other partiton from the dump... with each flash I rebooted.. and it still wasnt working..

Code:
    reboot

dd if=/sdcard/misc.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/misc   
    reboot

dd if=/sdcard/persist.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist
    reboot

dd if=/sdcard/ftm.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/ftm
    reboot

dd if=/sdcard/pstore.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/pstore
    reboot
    4. A new approach

After a good 30 minutes of thinking (at 2am)
    I assumed it should be fine to flash the original recovery since I already applied magisk and the other zip to the system.. So I went ahead and flashed the recovery... I turned off the phone.. and did a fresh boot.

Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery
    power off from the reboot menu within twrp

Boot the device..
    There will be a weird erasing screen with a circle.. and then reboot 3-4 times... and finally reached the setup with working lte+ and WIFI :eek: !!!1111!!111!1!

5. Restoring TWRP

I completed the setup quickly and checked if I had magisk and if root was working. I launched magisk and said yes to everything it said (lol)
    After a reboot, I enabled the developer option and debugging.
    I plugged my phone, authorized my computer to debug, put twrp.img to the root of my internal storage and opened an adb shell

Code:
    adb shell
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/twrp.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery
    6. Final Validation

I rebooted to the recovery using magisk reboot menu under its module page and saw that I had twrp running fine! (had to reconfigure it.. stop asking me to install your useless app!!)

Finally.. the ultime step.. I went to the reboot menu and shutted down the phone.

7. Is it done already?

I pressed the power button.. and then... the phone successfully booted to the OS!

8. Food for thought (OPTIONAL)

You noticed how any of the custom roms made for the US998/LS998 are not working with our phone?
    Maybe now they will work :p (flashed from twrp.. assuming they only dd stuff.. no idea of the actual innerworking of zip flashing)

9. Watch out!!! (WARNING)

FASTBOOT IS NOT WORKING, IF YOU LOOSE ROOT AND THE RECOVERY, YOU'LL HAVE A UNLOCKED AND USELESS H933 AGAIN.
    NEVER LOOSE BOTH AT THE SAME TIME... WATCH OUT FOR THE OTA.. even if I doubt twrp will allow them to be flashed lol

10. TL;DR

Unlock your bootloader, then come back here

Good luck with that.
    Pls take the time to read everything before attempting..
    I ?might? have missed a step lol

This is more to make sure you understood everything correctly.
    OR EXPERT MODE

1. Partition DL H993 kdz
    2. Make it boot and make sure lte+ is working
    3. Make a dump of everything
    4. Partition DL US998
    5. fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    6. Partition DL H933 kdz without the recovery
    7. Factory reset and flash magisk/verity/rctd (zip from wtf unlock guide, same order)
    8. Reboot
    9. Flash a bunch of images from the dumped H933 Folder (step 3)
    10. Reboot a bunch of time
    11. Flash the original recovery from the dump
    12. Power off and on the phone
    13. wait till it reaches setup screen.
    14. Launch Magisk and say yes a bunch of time
    15. adb shell
    16. flash twrp to recovery
    17. reboot to recovery and configure twrp again (stop asking me to install your useless app!!)
    18. Enjoy a H933 with a good recovery and root :)
    (WARNING)
    FASTBOOT IS NOT WORKING, IF YOU LOOSE ROOT AND THE RECOVERY, YOU'LL HAVE A UNLOCKED AND USELESS H933 AGAIN.
    NEVER LOOSE BOTH AT THE SAME TIME... WATCH OUT FOR THE OTA.. even if I doubt twrp will allow them to be flashed lol

Oh... well... That's akward.... You're already the end of this post..
    I know.. You'll miss me.. but pls.. even if our relation didn't last for more then 30 minutes..

drop a thanks..
    So, I did a few tests this weekend, almost broke my phone (DONT FLASH the modified h933 over a Frankenstein H998 phone lol).

That being said, following this guide, step by step seems to work(again like the previous user said, some steps may or may not be necessary). Just make sure to make a backup with LGUP with a stock H933 ROM with data working.

EDIT: Personally, I did not do step 7, which is flash the modified H933 ROM, as it should, in theory (and it worked for me so in practice too lol) be giving me everything that the previous steps already gave me.

Now once coming back to H933 I think the important steps to get data back are flashing back these partitions and changing for example OP_COMX.. to OP.bin :

dd if=/sdcard/OP.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/OP
    dd if=/sdcard/modem.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem
    dd if=/sdcard/misc.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/misc
    dd if=/sdcard/persist.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist
    dd if=/sdcard/ftm.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/ftm
    dd if=/sdcard/pstore.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/pstore
    reboot

Hope this helps someone!
    Finally got it to work. I partition dl to Nougat H93310h_00_OPEN_CA_OP_1124.kdz ...then partion dl to Oreo H93320e_00_OPEN_CA_OP_0320.kdz... from there i had to REFURBISH up to H93320g_00_OPEN_CA_OP_0910.kdz just to get data working (this is what i had to do to get data functioning, my not be required for others) so i could do the DUMP as per @cloud1250000 instructions ... then followed all his instructions but i added "dd if=/sdcard/modem.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem" to Step 3...
    followed the rest of the directions and BOOM... fully rooted H933 with TWRP :D
    Thanks to everyone involved with this :D
    Good idea :p Done ;)

Btw.. I don't know if I have some useless extra steps... As I'm trying to show exactly what I did to make it work..
    and I needed a working phone before bed time.. So I reached the stage where I don't wanna redo everything just to keep the necessary steps....
    okay good news guys.

Good night.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone