[Guide] Google Camera on Asus ZenFone Max PRO M2

Search This thread

androwide

Jan 10, 2015
Noida
www.androwide.com
Hello Guys AndroWide Here,

lets Enable Camera 2 API on Asus Zenfone Max PRO M2 to Use Google Camera.

Setup adb and fastboot drivers on your laptop/pc

downlaod the latest adb folder and extract it

on your phone, go to settings >> system >> about phone and click on build no. 7 times to enable developer option

go to developer option and enable USB debugging

power off your device and go to fastboot mode, (press and hold Volume Up + Power Key for 5 seconds)

connect your device to your laptop/pc using micro usb cable

go to the extracted adb folder and press & hold SHIFT key on your PC and at the same time right click

now click on Open Powershell window here or Open Command Window Here (on Win 7)

now run the following commands:

fastboot devices

fastboot oem enable_camera_hal3 true

after this you will get a success message OKAY, FINISHED.

congratulations, you have successfully enabled Camera 2 API on your Asus Zenfone Max PRO M2, now just head over to the Google Camera PORTS page and downlaod the Port of Senior XDA Developer Arnova, Download From Here

Last edited:

Uchiha9911

Jun 3, 2016
Delhi
LTqXLiyDk8LkzP73A
Its working bro, tested on two devices..

Zulfi

Aug 28, 2008
Pune
Camera working well but slow motion not working.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

See this.

Wrong command! You have to put this command " .\fastboot oem enable_camera_hal3 true"
.\ is missing in your command

nickporwal

May 6, 2010
I am also getting same error. I am using the latest platform tools. Dont understand why its happening

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Ok. It worked for me when i tried with another laptop.
It installed drivers automatically upon connection and i connected through usb 2.0.
No need to adding extra "./" in the starting of fastboot command if you are in the same directory as fastboot file.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Camera working well but slow motion not working.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Wrong command! You have to put this command " .\fastboot oem enable_camera_hal3 true"
.\ is missing in your command
You dont need that "./" or backslash if you are in the same directory as fastboot file. It works fine without it also.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F1
Front portrait mode

I have tried many GCam apks by various devs but can't take front portrait pics. Rear cam portrait works fine in all. Clicking shutter button does not do anything in front portrait. Am I doing something wrong? Anyone with any working apk with front portrait?

Last edited:

ShawnMercer

Sep 5, 2012
Kolkata
I have tried many GCam apks by various devs but can't take front portrait pics. Rear cam portrait works fine in all. Clicking shutter button does not do anything in front portrait. Am I doing something wrong? Anyone with any working apk with front portrait?

Edit: Disabled camera.diet_burst in developer settings and now front portrait is working. :D

which version of gcam you using?

Sep 28, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F1
which version of gcam you using?

Currently using GCam-5.1.018-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8.3b1.apk . Also tried GCam-5.1.018-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8.1.apk which is mentioned in OP and many others as well.
Disabling diet_burst helped for some time but again the same problem started. I found a workaround, clicking a rear portrait pic and then switching to front portrait works fine.

Do you know any fully working port?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi @Arnova8G2,
    First of all, thank you for your awesome work on porting GCam! :)

I own Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2. It is currently running Android Pie. I am having trouble running ported gcam version 6.x on it.

I have tried several mods, it works fine for back camera but all of them force close when switched to front camera. I was guessing it might be because of mismatching front cam parameters. I went ahead and took logs but it seems its a little complicated than that. Here is the log for your reference:
    https://hastebin.com/fukosopiwe.php
    https://pastebin.com/VkNhd0Cd

I tried to decompile the gcam apk but it seems the smali code is obfuscated! I'm not sure how to get it in more readable format. Could you please take a look at the logs and guide me how I can overcome this issue? Your help is really appreciated. :)

Thanks again!
    I will see that it is the error in 2.0 (6.2)
    Hello Guys AndroWide Here,

lets Enable Camera 2 API on Asus Zenfone Max PRO M2 to Use Google Camera.

Setup adb and fastboot drivers on your laptop/pc

downlaod the latest adb folder and extract it

on your phone, go to settings >> system >> about phone and click on build no. 7 times to enable developer option

go to developer option and enable USB debugging

power off your device and go to fastboot mode, (press and hold Volume Up + Power Key for 5 seconds)

connect your device to your laptop/pc using micro usb cable

go to the extracted adb folder and press & hold SHIFT key on your PC and at the same time right click

now click on Open Powershell window here or Open Command Window Here (on Win 7)

now run the following commands:

fastboot devices

fastboot oem enable_camera_hal3 true

after this you will get a success message OKAY, FINISHED.

congratulations, you have successfully enabled Camera 2 API on your Asus Zenfone Max PRO M2, now just head over to the Google Camera PORTS page and downlaod the Port of Senior XDA Developer Arnova, Download From Here
    Hi @Arnova8G2,
    First of all, thank you for your awesome work on porting GCam! :)

I own Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2. It is currently running Android Pie. I am having trouble running ported gcam version 6.x on it.

I have tried several mods, it works fine for back camera but all of them force close when switched to front camera. I was guessing it might be because of mismatching front cam parameters. I went ahead and took logs but it seems its a little complicated than that. Here is the log for your reference:
    https://hastebin.com/fukosopiwe.php
    https://pastebin.com/VkNhd0Cd

I tried to decompile the gcam apk but it seems the smali code is obfuscated! I'm not sure how to get it in more readable format. Could you please take a look at the logs and guide me how I can overcome this issue? Your help is really appreciated. :)

Thanks again!
    Can anyone give me the latest download link of google cam port for our phone....
    Links of the gcam versions with and without night sight working for me: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/...f/GCam-5.1.018-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8.3b1.apk

For version with night sight support, use this: https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcamera/GCam_Pixel3Mod_1.3_build.6.1.021.apk (selfie cam won't work with this version)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone