• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Guide] GPay in unsupported country (Yes, India too)

Search This thread

nishant_713

Jul 6, 2011
Bidar
Okay so after having tried several guides, apps hacks and what nots, I couldn't get GPay to work here in India.
However after some more fiddling around I ended up getting access to rather easily than expected.

I'd straight away get to the steps.

1. Download this apk.
2. Install this on watch using whatever method you guys been using to sideloaded APKs to watch.
3. Install tunnel bear vpn (or any other if you prefer)
4. Select US server in VPN app. Make sure you're connected.
5. Open the just installed GPay app in the watch and complete the setup and add a new card.
(Mine got stuck at selecting Google account for some time but then got through after switching VPN off, dunno what's actually going on)
6. Once setup is complete, you should see your card in GPay, and the GPay qs tile available.

Note: Though I've successfully added the card, I haven't tried payment yet, I'll update about it soon. Though it should work 99% since my card is shown in the GPay app.

Note 2: After the setup, I disconnected vpn and have been using my watch and phone without vpn and proxy.
With wifi and Bluetooth both enabled, and still haven't lost GPay app. Even after reboot. So hopefully it stays.

20210415_181233.jpg

Reactions: bernarbernuli

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay so after having tried several guides, apps hacks and what nots, I couldn't get GPay to work here in India.
    However after some more fiddling around I ended up getting access to rather easily than expected.

I'd straight away get to the steps.

1. Download this apk.
    2. Install this on watch using whatever method you guys been using to sideloaded APKs to watch.
    3. Install tunnel bear vpn (or any other if you prefer)
    4. Select US server in VPN app. Make sure you're connected.
    5. Open the just installed GPay app in the watch and complete the setup and add a new card.
    (Mine got stuck at selecting Google account for some time but then got through after switching VPN off, dunno what's actually going on)
    6. Once setup is complete, you should see your card in GPay, and the GPay qs tile available.

Note: Though I've successfully added the card, I haven't tried payment yet, I'll update about it soon. Though it should work 99% since my card is shown in the GPay app.

Note 2: After the setup, I disconnected vpn and have been using my watch and phone without vpn and proxy.
    With wifi and Bluetooth both enabled, and still haven't lost GPay app. Even after reboot. So hopefully it stays.

20210415_181233.jpg