[Guide] GPay in unsupported country (Yes, India too)

Search This thread

coolsid8

Feb 15, 2011
India
S pay worked well, G pay for disabled before I got out to a shop. So sticking with S pay. It was cool showing the watch to the terminal, the guys were simply staring like they are seeing alien tech. 😁

Good thing that ny existing S pay application on my phone didn't got affected in any way. I still put on a magic show to those old machines using MST and S pay.

Hey, does this method to enable S PAY still work for regular SW4 in India? Also, how is SPAY different from GPAY ?

S pay worked well, G pay for disabled before I got out to a shop. So sticking with S pay. It was cool showing the watch to the terminal, the guys were simply staring like they are seeing alien tech. 😁

Good thing that ny existing S pay application on my phone didn't got affected in any way. I still put on a magic show to those old machines using MST and S pay.
Hello, are OTA updates working fine for you? LTE version just received an update in alot of regions. Did you get it after changing to SER?

Please let me know as it is the only thing stopping me from changing csc. Thanks alot.

Okay so the last version you have installed on your watch is?

For SER region I just checked on checkfirm app, FVC8 is out. Maybe you'd just require a refresh in updates. Please check, thanks
Screenshot_20220421_153412_settings.png

This is the version I have. Checked now, but showing any updates yet

Harijith R

Nov 16, 2021
This is the current latest version in India. Samsung watch 4.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220422_111415_settings.png
    Screenshot_20220422_111415_settings.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: ksbalajee

PAVAN DILEEP

Nov 22, 2014
HYDERABAD
Okay so after having tried several guides, apps hacks and what nots, I couldn't get GPay to work here in India.
However after some more fiddling around I ended up getting access to rather easily than expected.

I'd straight away get to the steps.

1. Download this apk.
2. Install this on watch using whatever method you guys been using to sideloaded APKs to watch.
3. Install tunnel bear vpn (or any other if you prefer)
4. Select US server in VPN app. Make sure you're connected.
5. Open the just installed GPay app in the watch and complete the setup and add a new card.
(Mine got stuck at selecting Google account for some time but then got through after switching VPN off, dunno what's actually going on)
6. Once setup is complete, you should see your card in GPay, and the GPay qs tile available.

Note: Though I've successfully added the card, I haven't tried payment yet, I'll update about it soon. Though it should work 99% since my card is shown in the GPay app.

Note 2: After the setup, I disconnected vpn and have been using my watch and phone without vpn and proxy.
With wifi and Bluetooth both enabled, and still haven't lost GPay app. Even after reboot. So hopefully it stays.

View attachment 5280105
Link which you provided seems to be an old version, can i try the same with new/latest/updated version?

RealOkabe

May 2, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Redmi K20 Pro
Anyone still able to use Gpay in India? I installed it three times and made payments as well. I did install the latest apk, so maybe that is at fault but it got disabled in an hour or two after I made a payment. Still no idea why there is no nfc payment option in Samsung watch 4 in India.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay so after having tried several guides, apps hacks and what nots, I couldn't get GPay to work here in India.
    However after some more fiddling around I ended up getting access to rather easily than expected.

I'd straight away get to the steps.

1. Download this apk.
    2. Install this on watch using whatever method you guys been using to sideloaded APKs to watch.
    3. Install tunnel bear vpn (or any other if you prefer)
    4. Select US server in VPN app. Make sure you're connected.
    5. Open the just installed GPay app in the watch and complete the setup and add a new card.
    (Mine got stuck at selecting Google account for some time but then got through after switching VPN off, dunno what's actually going on)
    6. Once setup is complete, you should see your card in GPay, and the GPay qs tile available.

Note: Though I've successfully added the card, I haven't tried payment yet, I'll update about it soon. Though it should work 99% since my card is shown in the GPay app.

Note 2: After the setup, I disconnected vpn and have been using my watch and phone without vpn and proxy.
    With wifi and Bluetooth both enabled, and still haven't lost GPay app. Even after reboot. So hopefully it stays.

20210415_181233.jpg
    Hi,
    I regret that I read your answer late. I have tried changing the CSC to SER (Russia) in hopes of getting the Samsung pay and ecg blood pressure features. But I later realized that those apps need to install a companion app in the phone and those are region locked and couldn't install on phone. I wonder how you get the Samsung pay to work. Also when I tried to change the csc back to INS (default) it didn't show that option at all, can you verify whether you're getting csc selector by running the command *#272*imei# ?
    You can change CSC only once. There is no option to go back. At least for now. If I learn trick to change, i will let you know.

You are correct, you would need companion app for ECG and Spay. but those APKs are easily available on net. Search for Spay Phone companion apk and install on phone. That's how I was able to make Spay work,

Fo ecg, bp, follow @Dante63 trend on SGW4 page.
    Will this work on Galaxy watch 4? Has anyone tried this on watch 4?
    I was able to have Samsung PAy work, but only after changing the CSC to MEA. I use SPay, not Gpay
    You can change CSC only once. There is no option to go back. At least for now. If I learn trick to change, i will let you know.

You are correct, you would need companion app for ECG and Spay. but those APKs are easily available on net. Search for Spay Phone companion apk and install on phone. That's how I was able to make Spay work,

Fo ecg, bp, follow @Dante63 trend on SGW4 page.
    Thanks @avirendra
    I have just installed the health monitor from following @Dante63.
    Now trying to install g pay via the hacks on xda.
    Since I'm on the Russian region, I have S pay in watch by default but when it tries to connect to phone, it directly goes to play store to install Spay watch plugin which is not available in India. Can you share where/how you installed this plugin app on your phone?
    Thanks @avirendra
    I have just installed the health monitor from following @Dante63.
    Now trying to install g pay via the hacks on xda.
    Since I'm on the Russian region, I have S pay in watch by default but when it tries to connect to phone, it directly goes to play store to install Spay watch plugin which is not available in India. Can you share where/how you installed this plugin app on your phone?
    Hi people,
    Just sharing the steps I've tried to install and set up Samsung pay on my galaxy watch with my samsung phone.
    Prerequisites:
    I've setup the CSC to SER (Russia) region using the IMEI code, where Samsung pay is available for the Watch 4. I've downloaded the latest available samsung pay watch plugin - https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsu...ch-plug-in-2-6-88-20006-android-apk-download/ and also setup remote debugging by following this article - https://android.gadgethacks.com/how...-one-ui-3-0-its-actually-pretty-easy-0384228/

Once that is done, simply copy the downloaded apk to the adb directory and using the command to install the plugin to your phone.
    adb install <apk-name>
    Once that's done, open Samsung pay on the watch and choose proceed on phone, this should install the plugin app in the phone. Since I use the Russian region in the watch, I got the terms and conditions on Russian and then I was able to add my Indian debit card to the watch. Now, long press the back button to launch the Samsung pay to initiate the payment.

I tried the google pay app using the steps over here -https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/google-pay-unsupported-country-will-app-will-be-pre-installed.4325033/page-2#post-85581263, but it keeps on disabling and when I enable it, I get a message saying its not available in my region despite having it setup. But, when I again tried to uninstall and reinstall with the steps and the card is available. Some say that if we make a payment with google pay, the app don't disappear, yet to do that. Will update once I go to a store nearby.