[GUIDE] Guide to unlock bootloader for every LG SDM845 except G710TM (With PHOTOS)

Search This thread

EmanuelCN

Mar 29, 2017
LG G7 ThinQ
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi EmanuelCN, snd many thanks for your usefull guide.
I was able to unlock the bootloader and upload ULM firmware vesion on mine G710PM

I have only one problem just now:

I would like to lock newly the bootloader to don't receive all the time I restart the phone
the screen telling me the bootloader isn't original

I tried to look in the site, but I wasn't able to find any information.
Do I have to install Magisk or what?

Could you be orsomeone could be so gentle to help me orgive me some link where to study?

Many thanks
you can't remove that, you'd have to lock bootloader again and if you lock bootloader you can't have root/custom firmware on it.

EmanuelCN

Mar 29, 2017
LG G7 ThinQ
Xiaomi Poco F3
Based on the other posts; I imagine that this guide should still work for a Sprint G7? I have to unlock it if I want to use it on Tmobile now (since it has been on Tmobile, but not with LTE) due to the Sprint firmware....
Tmobile is telling me I have to dump it unless its unlocked.... mine is "unlocked" (sprint firmware) and can't use LTE on Tmobile it seems....
It does work as long as your phone isnt TM.

Haziel.

Apr 15, 2022
LG G7 ThinQ
Hello all!

I would appreciate some help...

I'm stuck on step 24...how can I get back to EDL mode....my phone is not found on QFIL and the PARTITION MANAGER field is grayed out :(

24. Go back in EDL(9008) mode, open qfil -----> press on "tools" -----> press on partition manager ----> search abl_a ----> right click on it ---> load the abl_abackup.bin located on dextop. Repeat the process with abl_b(abl_bBackup.bin), laf_a(laf_abackup.bin), laf_b(laf_bBackup.bin). (EM and EMW models have to restore only abl_a & abl_b). After you are done press on save partition file then close.

Phone is stuck on FASTBOOT MODE and I get this message when I try to go to recovery mode or turn it off etc?
View attachment 5398345

iGv9RPFbDSLec-4-cvsQNOh46pt5RhEvPy7EKKZXmbtjJ16P7d5EXOJHCIsR=w300

Any help would be appreciated.
can you fix it? i got the same error

siah_gil

May 22, 2022
How do i get passed step 22....? It says to type in 'fastboot flash frp' then to drop over the cmd. I typed it in, and dropped the frp.img over the cmd, but it didn't say 'OKAY'.
Here is the output:

fastboot flash frp "C:\Users\Teresa Gil\Downloads\Unlock LG G7 ThinQ-20220522T120314Z-001\Unlock LG G7 ThinQ\UnlockG7\UnlockG7\frp.img"
< waiting for any device >

Last edited:

Falkentyne

Aug 30, 2018
How do i get passed step 22....? It says to type in 'fastboot flash frp' then to drop over the cmd. I typed it in, and dropped the frp.img over the cmd, but it didn't say 'OKAY'.
Here is the output:

fastboot flash frp "C:\Users\Teresa Gil\Downloads\Unlock LG G7 ThinQ-20220522T120314Z-001\Unlock LG G7 ThinQ\UnlockG7\UnlockG7\frp.img"
< waiting for any device >

I "think" you're missing a command.

I don't remember at the moment but it should be something like fastboot flash frp frp.img or something "similar" to this.
fastboot flash frp.img doesn't work because you aren't telling fastboot WHAT part to flash.

Also if it says 'waiting for any device", it means your phone isn't in EDB mode. (if that's the name). You need to make sure you have "9008" (??) mode as a device in device manager, so make sure you power cycle the phoone WITH the proper buttons held down when turning it off. You should hear a USB sound and see the 9008 device in device manager when you do this. This often takes several tries.

JonatasSfredo

Mar 24, 2016
Erechim
When i try to flash frp, i have this error:

C:\Users\Jonat\Desktop\Unlock LG G7 ThinQ\platform-tools>fastboot flash frp "C:\Users\Jonat\Desktop\Unlock LG G7 ThinQ\UnlockG7\frp.img" < waiting for any device > Sending 'frp' (2048 KB) FAILED (Write to device failed (Unknown error)) fastboot: error: Command failed

@EmanuelCN any ideia?

JonatasSfredo

Mar 24, 2016
Erechim
When i try to flash frp, i have this error:

C:\Users\Jonat\Desktop\Unlock LG G7 ThinQ\platform-tools>fastboot flash frp "C:\Users\Jonat\Desktop\Unlock LG G7 ThinQ\UnlockG7\frp.img" < waiting for any device > Sending 'frp' (2048 KB) FAILED (Write to device failed (Unknown error)) fastboot: error: Command failed

@EmanuelCN any ideia?
I had not installed FIX, I managed to solve it by following the steps sequentially like a normal human being. lol

Spyber1401

Jun 16, 2022
I'm stuck at the last step. How to flash kdz firmware. I follow the instruction in the readme.txt, downloaded the kdz file but then when I try to flash with LGUP
image_2022-06-16_124544066.png

this error comes every time. no matter how many times I re-download the kdz file I'm getting this error repeatedly.

Reactions: SuperTechno2004

EmanuelCN

Mar 29, 2017
LG G7 ThinQ
Xiaomi Poco F3
I'm stuck at the last step. How to flash kdz firmware. I follow the instruction in the readme.txt, downloaded the kdz file but then when I try to flash with LGUPView attachment 5638731
this error comes every time. no matter how many times I re-download the kdz file I'm getting this error repeatedly.
Because the kdz you downloaded its not for your phone, it clearly writes Q850EAW not G710EAW.

FlyingWarPig

Aug 7, 2022
I am having a very basic problem.. so far... I downloaded the files on step 19-21 and when I extract the folder it keeps giving an error, see below. I have re-downloaded the files a few times and all of them have files it will not extract.
1659891320991.png

poos241

Aug 8, 2022
hello i need some help. i was trying to unlock the boot loader i did everything right. i'm at the part where it tells you to go back in to download mode. when i try to go in to download mode i can see it trying to go in to download mode but it some stops and goes in to fastboot. i think i got the LM-V350AWM. any help would be nice.

edit. i fixed it and now all is good also the guide was grate thanks for putting it up

Last edited:

EmanuelCN

Mar 29, 2017
LG G7 ThinQ
Xiaomi Poco F3
I am having a very basic problem.. so far... I downloaded the files on step 19-21 and when I extract the folder it keeps giving an error, see below. I have re-downloaded the files a few times and all of them have files it will not extract.
View attachment 5680061
Your internet has a problem or the tool you extract them with has a problem, files are all extracting properly and working as they should.

Madaz2

whats your fix to this? im right at this situation also. No offence dude but you say follow the instructions to the letter but your video is full of errors. Like my previous comment i watched this video Hundreds of times now over the last 2 days.

Im in a constant boot loop and can only get fastboot mode. IF i turn the phone off and press VOL + and then plug in USB cable i see downlaod mode for a spil seccond then it goes to Error your device failed check...

I have now watched this too many time i care to remember

the only saving grace is the phone is not bricked

301600643_1273507576757694_2254441612983994684_n.png

EmanuelCN

Mar 29, 2017
LG G7 ThinQ
Xiaomi Poco F3
whats your fix to this? im right at this situation also. No offence dude but you say follow the instructions to the letter but your video is full of errors. Like my previous comment i watched this video Hundreds of times now over the last 2 days.

Im in a constant boot loop and can only get fastboot mode. IF i turn the phone off and press VOL + and then plug in USB cable i see downlaod mode for a spil seccond then it goes to Error your device failed check...

I have now watched this too many time i care to remember

the only saving grace is the phone is not bricked

View attachment 5736397
That's not my video, never made one, never will. I don't get from where you came to this conclusion, it would've been linked in the guide if it was mine, also your issue is due not restoring all the backups correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Madaz2

Madaz2

Because you didnt drag the frp image over the cmd so it introduces the path, it cant flash something that its not specified, when you drag the file over the cmd with your cursor it will automatly put the path for you.

I think i had this go wrong too, steps were not that clear to drag and drop the FRP.img file over to the cmd window.

I though i had seen you post that video, that you replied to my previous post on, my appologies.

Madaz2

It is normal, only EAW,EMW and EM have fastboot mode, others would have to erase laf_a and laf_b in order to gain fastboot mode acces, but you lose access to download mode, you cant have both in the same time, its either one or another, so backup your laf partitions and restore them only when you need download mode.
I will try this, as i do have my back ups

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMPORTANT: NEVER PRESS ON "ERASE ENTIRE FLASH" (IT WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE);
    IMPORTANT: FOLLOW ALL THE STEPS IN ORDER TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER SUCCSSEFULLY;
    DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE BRICKS! YOU ARE FOLLOWING THIS GUIDE AND ITS YOUR CHOICE TO DO IT OR NOT TO DO IT AND YOU'RE THE ONE DOING IT. I JUST WANT TO HELP OTHERS OUT.

G710TM: This model has a different SDM845 which the firehose in the guide does not work on. Currently there is no firehose available for it.

Requirements:
    - Windows PC/Laptop;
    - USB-C cable;
    - Patience;
    - Unlock LG SDM845;
    - NEVER PRESS ON "ERASE ENTIRE FLASH".

STEPS:

MAKE SURE THAT EACH STEP IS FOLLOWED IN ORDER NOT TO DAMAGE YOUR PHONE. NEVER PRESS ON "ERASE ENTIRE FLASH"
    You can unlock the bootloader on any firmware.
    1. Download Unlock.zip and extract it;
    2. Install 9008 USB Driver;
    3. Install QPST.2.7.496.1.exe;
    4. Reboot the pc;
    5. Turn on usb debugging in developer options;
    6. Boot the phone in edl mode:
    I) Connect the phone to the PC;
    II) Hold VOL- and Power;
    III) As soon as the screen turns black repeatedly press VOL+ while holding VOL- & Power button.

Video tutorial:
    7. On the windows PC go to device manager ---> Ports and it should say Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM x) or "QUSB_BULK_CID: xxxx_SN: xxxxxxxx";
    aMxsEBT.png

9. Setting up QFIL:
    I) Run QFIL;
    II) Set Build Type to Flat Build;
    III) Programmer path: select the file "prog_ufs_firehose_Sdm845_lge.elf" inside the extracted UnlockG7.zip;
    IV) At the bottom right corner change device type to "UFS".

JdO1AuC.gif

8. QFIL should recognize the port of your phone, if not press on "SelectPort..." and select your phone's port;
    4DrGYV5.gif

10. Press on "Tools" and then press on "Partition Manager";
    OlUOEEJ.gif

11. A new window should show on your screen with every partition on your phone. If you get sahara error, you should make sure you installed the 9008 mode drivers right or reboot your pc, reboot your phone from edl mode by holding volume - and power button for 10-30 seconds, then getting back to edl mode (step 6);
    12. Search the partition called "abl_a" right click on it and press "Manage Partition Data" then press on "Read Data" (this will backup your current partition) then press on "Load image" and load the V35abl.img from Unlock folder;
    13. Press win + R and run %appdata% , navigate to Qualcomm --> Qfil --> COM_X (the port that your phone was connected to in the step 7). In this directory you will find a .bin file called readata... rename it to Abl_abackup.bin;
    14. Redo step 12 & step 13 but instead of abl_a do it with abl_b;

STEP 15 & 16 (NOT REQUIRED ON LG G7 EM/EMW/EAW.)
    15. Search laf_a partition right click on it and press "Manage Paritition Data" then press on "Read Data" (to backup it), follow (step 13) again but name the file called readata... to laf_abackup.bin then you press on erase. (NOT "ERASE ENTIRE FLASH");
    16. Follow (step 15) but instead laf_a repeat the process with laf_b; (DO NOT PRESS "ERASE ENTIRE FLASH")

17. After you are done press on save partition file then close;
    18. Force reboot the phone (Hold volume - and power button for 8s) and immediately hold only volume + (For EM, EMW & EAW its volume -), it should get you in fastboot mode. (If it didn't work try again);
    19. Download & extract "fastboot driver.zip" and follow the instructions inside the README.txt;
    20. Download & extract "FixFastboot.zip" and follow the instructions inside the README.txt;
    21. Download & extract "fastboot-tools.zip";
    22. Open the CMD inside the extracted fastboot-tools.zip and type: fastboot flash frp (drag and drop over the cmd the frp.img), it should say OKAY (frp.img is located in Unlock LG SDM845.zip);
    23. Press volume + until you see on your phone's screen "reboot to bootloader" then press power button and wait for it to reboot back in fastboot (bootloader);
    24. Type in the CMD: fastboot oem unlock . It should say "erasing userdata...." and wait until its done;
    25. Move the backups you have done in steps 12,13,14,15 (For EM,EMW & EAW models only from step 12 and 13) on desktop;
    26. Go back in EDL(9008) mode, open qfil -----> press on "tools" -----> press on partition manager ----> search abl_a ----> right click on it ---> load the abl_abackup.bin located on desktop. Repeat the process with abl_b(abl_bBackup.bin), laf_a(laf_abackup.bin), laf_b(laf_bBackup.bin). (EM, EMW & EAW models have to restore only abl_a & abl_b). After you are done press on save partition file then close;
    27. Get back in fastboot (redo step 18), unplug the phone and press volume up until you see "power off" on your screen and then press power button, your phone should be off;
    28. Hold volume + and plug the phone back to the computer, you should enter in download mode;
    29. Download & extract "How to flash KDZ Firmware.zip" and follow the instructions in README.txt.

Congratulations! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your device.
    Nevermind, I did it!

(I really don't understand step 20 "20. Open the CMD inside the extracted fastboot-tools.zip and type: fastboot flash frp (drag and drop over the cmd the frp.img), it should say OKAY."

I don't know what I have to do exactly. I open the cmd link in the platform-tools folder and I write "fastboot flash frp", but it says

"
    unknown partition 'frp'
    fastboot: error: cannot determine image filename for 'frp'
    ")
    Because you didnt drag the frp image over the cmd so it introduces the path, it cant flash something that its not specified, when you drag the file over the cmd with your cursor it will automatly put the path for you.
    Computers, love em and hate em! I don't have a different computer as an option, however I did dock my laptop which interfaces via different physical ports than my on board usb. From PS/CMD, I used fastboot reboot bootloader, to which my G7 rebooted directly into fastboot. Then fastboot oem unlock and tada! Computer showed erasing, phone showed unlocked for device state (it actually read: device state - lockedunlocked).

I was not actually ready for this to work, lol. I gotta get reading again!!!

Will report back, and hope we can help some others work through this!
    Welcome... Very good progress. Even i sat and backed up my complete partitions tediously.

Anyways, Doesnt that error mean your phone is already unlocked? Check in developer options if it is unlocked.

If not unlocked, make sure you are making changes after cross flashing to an android 8 rom. Refer images in v40 guide linked inside verizon guide, to see how the bootloader should look if successfully flashed.

That happens because you didnt check OEM Unlock in developer options because of that flassh the FRP image provided in guide i updated the guide so check now
    My g7 is the sprint G710PM and currently it wont start. is it possible to unlock bootloader still and fix, or do i have to wait for LG's G710PM .kdz?
    ive tried a LOT of things to fix it but nothing has worked and probably did more harm than good, though i can still put it into 9008 mode for qfil. though i get RED case when booting to fastboot which wont allow a fastboot flash connection