[GUIDE] Guide to unlock bootloader for every G7 ThinQ except G710TM (With PHOTOS)

Search This thread

Laniakeea

May 14, 2015
For anyone having issues can't getting into fastboot, I've read that it is something about AMD processor based computers and this registry edit here fixed it for me, run it as .bat file and it will hopefully work.

@Echo off
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\18D1D00D0100" /v "osvc" /t REG_BINARY /d "0000" /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\18D1D00D0100" /v "SkipContainerIdQuery" /t REG_BINARY /d "01000000" /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\18D1D00D0100" /v "SkipBOSDescriptorQuery" /t REG_BINARY /d "01000000" /f
pause

Emanel000000

Mar 29, 2017
For anyone having issues can't getting into fastboot, I've read that it is something about AMD processor based computers and this registry edit here fixed it for me, run it as .bat file and it will hopefully work.

@Echo off
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\18D1D00D0100" /v "osvc" /t REG_BINARY /d "0000" /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\18D1D00D0100" /v "SkipContainerIdQuery" /t REG_BINARY /d "01000000" /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\18D1D00D0100" /v "SkipBOSDescriptorQuery" /t REG_BINARY /d "01000000" /f
pause
thats not related to not being able to get in fastboot .. that is related if you can't use fastboot commands (not ii it appears "waiting for device" as that means you don't have the proper driver installed)

tetrodoxin1

Mar 29, 2021
Hi
I have been trying to find a solution for my problem for 2 days now.
I am stuck in step number 18.
When I try to flash frp image nothing happens. No error nothing. Windows PowerShell just stays still with the line blinking.
I am in the fastboot mode.
I am using a usb 2.0 to connect.
I have tried different usb ports nothing changes.
I even bought a dongle so I can try different usb ports still the same issue.
When I search for my phone in fastboot devices I can see my phone clearly.
But when I give the command to write the flash the image nothing happens.
I have tried waiting for hours nothing happened.
When I use the command fastboot oem unlock it restarts my phone and powershell gives the error "failed (command write failed (too many links))
to my understanding this happens because I couldn't flash the frp image.
After trying different things for hours I happened to get a different answer.
When I type fastboot flash frp and I press start on the fastboot menu on my phone powershell says flashing "frp" but because I pressed start the connection drops, this happens not everytime sometimes
I have tried spamming the command for hours still nothing changes can't start flashing for some reason.
I would appreciate if anyone could help
Have a nice day

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guide for unlocking the bootloader for every LG G7 ThinQ except G710TM :

IMPORTANT: NEVER ERASE THE ENTIRE FLASH (IT WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE **STILL CAN BE RECOVERED**)
    IMPORTANT: FOLLOW ALL THE STEPS IN ORDER TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER SUCCSSEFULLY;
    DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE BRICKS! YOU ARE FOLLOWING THIS GUIDE AND ITS YOUR CHOICE TO DO IT OR NOT TO DO IT AND YOU'RE THE ONE DOING IT. I JUST WANT TO HELP OTHERS OUT.

Requirements:
    - Windows PC/Laptop;
    - USB Cable to connect your phone of course;
    - UnlockG7.zip;
    - Platfoorm Tools or any other fastboot/adb tools;

STEPS:

MAKE SURE THAT EACH STEP IS FOLLOWED IN ORDER NOT TO DAMAGE YOUR PHONE
    1. Download UnlockG7.zip and extract it.
    2. Install 9008 usb driver and QPST.
    3. Reboot the pc.
    4 .Turn on usb debugging in developer options.
    5. Boot the phone in edl mode:
    I) Connect the phone to the PC;
    II) Hold VOL- and Power;
    III) As soon as the screen turns black repeatedly press VOL+ while holding VOL-& Power.

Video tutorial:

6. On the windows PC go to device manager ---> Ports and it should say Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM x) or "QUSB_BULK_CID: xxxx_SN: xxxxxxxx";
    aMxsEBT.png

7. Setting up QFIL:
    I) Run QFIL;
    II) Set Build Type to Flat Build;
    III) Programmer path: select the file "prog_ufs_firehose_Sdm845_lge.elf" inside unbrick g7.zip;
    IV) At the bottom right corner change device type to "UFS".

JdO1AuC.gif

8. QFIL should recognize the port of your phone, if not press on "SelectPort..." and select your phone's port;
    4DrGYV5.gif

9. Press on "Tools" and then press on "Partition Manager";
    OlUOEEJ.gif

10. A new window should show on your screen with every partition on your phone. If you get sahara error, you should make sure you installed the 9008 mode drivers right or reboot your pc, reboot your phone from edl mode by holding volume - and power button for 10-30 seconds, then getting back to edl mode (step 5);
    11. Search the partition called "abl_a" right click on it and press "Manage Partition Data" then press on "Read Data" (this will backup your current partition) then press on "Load image" and load the V35abl.img from UnlockG7 folder.
    12. Press win + R and run %appdata% , navigate to Qualcomm --> Qfil --> COM_X (X --> the port that your phone was connected at (step6) and you will have a file named readata...... .bin rename it to Abl_abackup.bin;
    13. Redo step 11 & step 12 but instead abl_a repeat the process with abl_b;

STEP 14 & 15 ARE NOT NEEDED IF YOUR LG G7 MODEL ITS EM OR EMW
    14. Search laf_a partition right click on it and press "Manage Paritition Data" then press on "Read Data" (to backup it), follow (step 12) again but name the file called readata... to laf_abackup.bin then you press on erase. (NOT "ERARSE ENTIRE FLASH") ;
    15. Follow (step 14) but instead laf_a repeat the process with laf_b;

16. Unplug the phone then reboot by holding volume - and power button for 15-30 seconds, as soon as the screen goes black hold only volume + or volume - (if you used step 14 & 15 its vol +) and plug your phone. It should get you in fastboot mode, if not reboot again (hold volume - and power button for 15-30s) and try it again with volume - or volume + (FOR EM AND EMW ITS VOL - ) until you get in fastboot;
    17. Open the folder where your adb tools are, Shift + Right Click in any empty space and select "Open Powershell Window here". Once powershell is open enter CMD and hit enter.
    MsYSC6B.gif

18. Type in the CMD: fastboot flash frp (drag and drop over the cmd the frp.img).
    19. Type in the CMD: fastboot oem unlock , if it says "unknown command" try using USB 2.0, if still persists try to use the command multiple times, in the end it should say "erasing userdata ... " ;
    20. Go back in EDL(9008) mode and restore your backups, go in partition manager in Qfil and use Load image using the backup for partitions you have backuped in step 11,12,13,14 (For EM and EMW model only from step 11 and 12);
    21. Force reboot your phone ( unplug the phone and hold volume - and power button for 10s ) and immediatly hold vol+ and plug the phone.
    22. Flash the required firmware KDZ according to your phone model.
    23. Congratulations! You have successfully unlocked your device.
    My g7 is the sprint G710PM and currently it wont start. is it possible to unlock bootloader still and fix, or do i have to wait for LG's G710PM .kdz?
    ive tried a LOT of things to fix it but nothing has worked and probably did more harm than good, though i can still put it into 9008 mode for qfil. though i get RED case when booting to fastboot which wont allow a fastboot flash connection
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone