[Guide] Guides for x2 Pro[Locking/unlocking bootloader, tweaks and more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nattanarcilla

Jul 18, 2014
makati
Anyone tried to unlock the bootloader of RMX1931CN with updated software A.13 and got a working fp? I've read somewhere the fp is working if bootloader is unlock with this version.

Isavar

May 27, 2016
Hi guys! i have a realme x2 pro 12/256

does anyone else have problems wanting to install youtube vanced? with magisk, the flashing the .zip its correct but not view in the desk.:confused:

and search with ess file explorer in system/app youtube vanced if it is there , What happend?

thanks for helpme!

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Anyone tried to unlock the bootloader of RMX1931CN with updated software A.13 and got a working fp? I've read somewhere the fp is working if bootloader is unlock with this version.

Will it work if I lock my bl and update to a.13 (actually in us a.12 whit root magisk) and unlock again?, I ask why I can try if it's any use...

cheers...

Jerry08

Oct 17, 2013
LG V60 ThinQ
LG Velvet
Hi guys! i have a realme x2 pro 12/256

does anyone else have problems wanting to install youtube vanced? with magisk, the flashing the .zip its correct but not view in the desk.:confused:

and search with ess file explorer in system/app youtube vanced if it is there , What happend?

thanks for helpme!

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Will it work if I lock my bl and update to a.13 (actually in us a.12 whit root magisk) and unlock again?, I ask why I can try if it's any use...

cheers...

Did you properly flash magisk like it in guide? Do you have latest magisk canary? Check if it doesn't work in core mode, as that might be the thing.

Isavar

May 27, 2016
Did you properly flash magisk like it in guide? Do you have latest magisk canary? Check if it doesn't work in core mode, as that might be the thing.

Hi Jerry

answer to the first question Is correcto I followed your guide point a point. A the second question I'm not sure what you mean I installed and flash everything you say in your guide. And magisk doesn't Work in corte mode

Cheers.!

striderdon37

Dec 27, 2019
Halp

Anybody have an idea how to flash gapps?
Everything xepct nano 9 fails. But it boot loops.

Im trying to get the google assistant on my cn rmx2pro

P1f

Sep 20, 2010
Bucuresti
@Jerry08 the A08 update is out, do we still need a custom build prop patch or do you know if the latest twrp 3.3.1.11 can now fully flash Magisk over it not just the core mode?

Jerry08

Oct 17, 2013
LG V60 ThinQ
LG Velvet
@Jerry08 the A08 update is out, do we still need a custom build prop patch or do you know if the latest twrp 3.3.1.11 can now fully flash Magisk over it not just the core mode?
You need custom patch and it doesn't flash through mauronofrio. 11. Still needs twrpcnen for properly working magisk.

Good news is that A.08 fixes fingerprint with unlocked bootloader.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    At start i want to say that I'm not responsible for your bricked devices, houses set on fire, bla bla bla and so on.

Hello

Since I see that many users are having problems with unlocking bootloader, flashing twrp and getting properly working Magisk. So here i come.

Downloads:
    Everything you need you find here, on my OneDrive.

Unlocking Bootloader

BEWARE! After unlocking bootloader your DRM widevine will change to L3.

Steps:
    - download and install Realme_x2_Pro_DeepTesting.apk,
    - open app and apply for deep test,
    - enable Developer Options by tapping 7 times Version in Settings > About Phone
    - go to developer options and enable OEM unlock and USB debugging,
    - open app once again after some time tap "Query verification status",
    - If you got approved application tap "Start the in-depth test" and phone will reboot to bootloader,
    - on PC, download fastboot tools from somewhere else(unless you already have it, its not on my OneDrive)
    - open folder where you have your fastboot installed, hold shift and click right mouse buton and choose "open command prompt here"(or Power Shell in newer version of windows),
    - connect your phone to PC, and write
    Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock
    - now on phone select "yes"
    - now your phone will reboot and erase all your data,
    - now you have unlocked bootloader.

Flashing Custom Recovery

I will guide you how to flash Custom Recovery.

Steps:
    - connect phone to PC,
    - on your PC in command prompt type adb reboot bootloader,
    - download TWRP image from mauronofrio or OrangeFox image from thread put in your fastboot tools folder on PC,
    - download vbmeta.img from my OneDrive and put in your fastboot tools folder on PC,
    - type
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery *******.img
    - type
    Code:
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    - when flashing is done, on your phone select "Recovery Mode" with volume +/- buttons and accept with power key,
    - now it will boot into TWRP

Getting properly working Magisk

For now I recommend always using Magisk Canary Debug version cause it supports realme phones(stable needs magiskfix to get out of Core only mode).

Steps:
    -download Magisk Canary zip to your phones internal storage,
    - boot to Custom Recovery,
    - flash magisk,
    - reboot to OS.

Updating ColorOS on rooted phone via TWRP

Use Magisk Canary cause it supports realme phones(stable needs magiskfix to get out of Core only mode).
    This is the only way to update ColorOS via TWRP without losing magisk or running into damaged boot/recovery image message on boot for now.

Steps:
    - download latest Magisk Canary, vbmeta.img and latest update package(ozip) for your device(cn rom for cn device, global rom for eu/in device), if you download update via official OTA app the package is located in
    Code:
    /data/oppo/coloros/OTA/.otaPackage
    - reboot to Custom Recovery,
    - flash latest ozip through twrp recovery(don't reboot yet),
    - flash vbmeta.img through Custom Recovery
    - flash magisk(if flashing fail, than reboot recovery),
    - reboot to system.

Locking Bootloader

Think twice after evey step you did if it's done correctly before doing next step to prevent HARD BRICKS.​

Steps:
    - download right latest ozip for your device from realme site(don't cross flash device, flash global ozip on eu/in devices and cn ozip for cn devices),
    - boot to Custom Recovery,
    - Flash ozip and after don't do anything else, just reboot to system,
    - let it boot to OS and replace Custom Recovery with stock recovery.
    - (optional) boot to recovery to check if it is stock, if its stock recovery than you can lock bootloader(don't ever try to lock with Custom Recovery),
    - reboot device to bootloader and through adb go with:
    Code:
    fastboot flashing lock
    - accept locking bootloader query on phone,
    - device now will reboot and perform factory reset.

F.A.Q.

Q: Can't flash xxxxxxxx.zip(or xxxxxxx.ozip/xxxxxxx.img) in Custom Recovery cause it throws an error, what to do?
    A: Reboot recovery and try again.

RUDE!!!!!!!!!!
    But true!!!!!!!!
    You just described me in 3 words. Thank you.
    You need custom patch and it doesn't flash through mauronofrio. 11. Still needs twrpcnen for properly working magisk.

Good news is that A.08 fixes fingerprint with unlocked bootloader.
    I'm still on V6.1, RMX1931EX_11_A.06 (EU version) with TWRPCNEN and Canary Magisk latest versions (20.4-0dc9f5c3, Code 20303 and MM 7.5)

Now I want to change to TWRP Mauronofrio 3.3.1.-12 with vbmeta from Jerry, and official Magisk 20.3 with Magiskfix from Jerry and MM 7.5.1

Is it correct when I just go to adb and follow the procedure according to @Jerry08 latest guide, overwriting just the old CNEN version, as well as just overwriting the Canary Magisk or do I have to uninstall something of the current installation before changing to the new versions?
    Is it correct that I install all above without booting into OS inbetween?

Is it correct that after above procedure is done everything should run without reinstalling Color OS A.06?

Tks a lot.

Try like patalao described:

You have to relock your bootloader, install the latest update available A08 and then do the normal procedure to unlock the bootloader again and flash twrp and root.
    That's the only way to get fingerprint working.

Enviado do meu RMX1931 através do Tapatalk

But you can relock bootloader after updating to A.08/A.09 than unlock, it will fix fingerprint also.

As for the game space app, find gamespace apk somewhere and install.