[Guide] Guides for x2 Pro[Locking/unlocking bootloader, tweaks and more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

P1f

Sep 20, 2010
Bucuresti
Don't use adb commands to reboot to recovery. Do like it's written in guides.

Is the vbmeta file the same that can be used in the Android 10 version?
I am downloading RealMe UI Android 10 now and eager to try it using the same steps as always

Edit: unfortunately the ozip from the gdrive failed to install so i never made it to the vbmeta step, hope others are more lucky

Last edited:

VIRUS6006

Feb 8, 2020
Someone tell me how to install Magisk? I tried the usual Magisk, Magisk Canary Debug, tried to install with fix from the main post, tried with vbmeta installation and without. In any case, I get bootloop

vmmore

May 3, 2013
pune
Is the vbmeta file the same that can be used in the Android 10 version?
I am downloading RealMe UI Android 10 now and eager to try it using the same steps as always

Edit: unfortunately the ozip from the gdrive failed to install so i never made it to the vbmeta step, hope others are more lucky
Normal Twrp won't flash this RUI ozip. You have to download Ruitwrp for flashing. (trebble enabled).

By the way.. Don't try this New Realms UI update.. You will lost fingerprint sensor..Fp doesn't work.

Last edited:

SebTech33

Feb 25, 2016
Normal Twrp won't flash this Riu ozip. You have to download Ruitwrp for flashing. (tremble enabled).

By the way.. Don't try this New Realms UI update.. You will lost fingerprint sensor..Fp doesn't work.

Wait are you serious? I thought the fingerprint issue was fixed. Has it been like that always or is it only if you try to update to realme ui? Does this happen if you factory reset before flashing rui v1?

Sent from my Realme RMX1931 using XDA Labs

vmmore

May 3, 2013
pune
Wait are you serious? I thought the fingerprint issue was fixed. Has it been like that always or is it only if you try to update to realme ui? Does this happen if you factory reset before flashing rui v1?

It's was resolved in A9 AND A10 update.. but once again in RUI , Fp Issue is there.. unlocked bootloader breaks FP on RUI..And some users tried to lock bootloader..they bricked their devices..so better to stay away still official RUI arrives and Fp Issue get resolved once agai.

Yesterday morning I tried RUI,AND in evening reverted back to A10 ..ended with formatting total 256 GB data..

Last edited:

SebTech33

Feb 25, 2016
For me it's working, with first version C20 and C21, too.

Fp is working for you? Which version of the phone are you on?

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

It's was resolved in A9 AND A10 update.. but once again in RUI , Fp Issue is there.. unlocked bootloader breaks FP on RUI..And some users tried to lock bootloader..they bricked their devices..so better to stay away still official RUI arrives and Fp Issue get resolved once agai.

Yesterday morning I tried RUI,AND in evening reverted back to A10 ..ended with formatting total 256 GB data..

Okey, its annoying that im so impatient.. my last phone was on android 9 and i bought a new phone to get the updates. I got the phone at the end of January and i have been waiting since. The annoying part is that they released the xt and some others after the x2 pro and they got the update priority when the x2 pro is the flagship. and they manage to break the fingerprint after they fixed it, good job. Sorry for my rant..

johnnyjoe

Jun 3, 2011
Hi!

I've bricked my phone trying to lock the bootloader again to see if I can fix FP not working after updating to A10. Not only that, I lost all my things, including TWRP backup, during the process.

Now, I'll sent my phone back to Amazon and they will sent me a new one. I told that the phone got into a bootloop after and update, that I cannot enter recovery and I could only shut it off while pressing vol up + power. They didn't ask any questions, I just had to choose between a refund or a new phone.

Since I could briefly get the phone into EDL mode, I've search for ways to flash a stock ofp rom but I couldn't do it. Some apps require some username and pass, other apps I couldn't run, and since I couldn't get the scatter files, or extract them, I could do nothing.

When I get the new phone, I want to upgrade it to A10 and them unlock the bootloader. Can I do it that way? The procedure is the same that's on the first page? Anyone have tried to unlock bootloader after updating to A10?

tsoureki

Hi!

I've bricked my phone trying to lock the bootloader again to see if I can fix FP not working after updating to A10. Not only that, I lost all my things, including TWRP backup, during the process.

Now, I'll sent my phone back to Amazon and they will sent me a new one. I told that the phone got into a bootloop after and update, that I cannot enter recovery and I could only shut it off while pressing vol up + power. They didn't ask any questions, I just had to choose between a refund or a new phone.

Since I could briefly get the phone into EDL mode, I've search for ways to flash a stock ofp rom but I couldn't do it. Some apps require some username and pass, other apps I couldn't run, and since I couldn't get the scatter files, or extract them, I could do nothing.

When I get the new phone, I want to upgrade it to A10 and them unlock the bootloader. Can I do it that way? The procedure is the same that's on the first page? Anyone have tried to unlock bootloader after updating to A10?
I am in the same road with you, yesterday trying to lock bootloader for fp and now I am hard bricked.. I purchased from Amazon.es on December but I didn't contact them yet. Which Amazon you contact and what exactly asking you to do? Thanks

Last edited:

johnnyjoe

Jun 3, 2011
I am in the same road with you, yesterday trying to lock bootloader for fp and now I am hard bricked.. I purchased from Amazon.es on December but I didn't contact them yet. Which Amazon you contact and what exactly asking you to do? Thanks

Hi @tsoureki!

I've bought my phone on amazon.es too, about a month ago.

Here's my first message was: "After an update, my phone it's stucked on a reboot, it gets to the first screen and reboot itself. It only stops if I press vol up and power for a while. Can't access recovery or anything else. Can someone help? How do I activate warranty? Thanks!"

They replied: "... I am sorry to find out that you have had some inconvenience with your smarthphone of your order xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Let me check the information and I will be right back!"
After a while: "In this case João I can offer you a free replacement:
We will send you exactly the same smathphone completely new with out any costs (You will need to send us the damage one back to us)
Other option will be send us back the damage item to get a full refund of your money"

I've choose to get another phone. They immediately arrange to send me the phone, I'll get it on March the 10th. Also, they sent me the return labels. I have 30 days to send the phone back. They will refund me the shipping costs.

That's it, no more questions were made. : )

Reactions: tsoureki

vmmore

May 3, 2013
pune

I think the reason behind Hard Brick is ,The RUI which is realesed is still in beta phase..it's not fully stable..it's meant for software testing ,and we are trying to play with BOOTLOADER ..SO basically REALME DEVES. should have already warned about this thing..but not a single word from them.. Totally disappointed by this behaviour.

My device is just 8days old...if this issue had happened 8 days before, I won't had purchased this phone...too pathetic man...beta is for testing purposes..and you can't even test on betas..

SamePaul

Sep 22, 2010
Sorry for noob question but why I can’t flash global rom on cn device? What will happen?

dragoworld235

Jan 20, 2012
I had also issue with Bootloop after latest update and the solution was from Mauronofrio TWRP thread:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

Flashing vbmeta.img from TWRP caused every time Bootloop for me.
Same thing for me, flashing from recovery is not working, but flashing in bootloader using fastboot is working. Maybe an update to the guide is needed ?

asusgarb

Jul 4, 2010
I think that the best things to do are these 2 (one alternative to the other):

1. Wait for the OTA update. With this, even with BL unlocked, FP I think it should work.

2. Unlock BL while still on PIE and, after having locked BL, download and install RUI.

Reactions: johnnyjoe

P1f

Sep 20, 2010
Bucuresti
Flash vbmeta.img from TWRP later insted of fastboot, will work also.

Do you know if there is a different magiskfix to be flashed when on RealMeUI?

I have Orange Fox recovery
I tried both Magisk Canary and Stable
And I get root but I do not see modules in Magisk Manager
I do see them in the recovery though

KittyxUwU

Jan 23, 2020

same with me, i dont see them in the manager either.

Reactions: P1f

Jerry08

Oct 17, 2013
LG V60 ThinQ
LG Velvet

same with me, i dont see them in the manager either.

I honestly don't know as I rolled back to cos6.1 in under an hour of using rui.

EDIT:
So I flashed rui c21 with latest magisk canary(no magiskfix) and magisk modules are shown in magisk manager in os and in recovery. It might be some module not compatible with A10 and that's why, not sure. Check magisk log(or upload it here), maybe there will be something about it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-03-14-03-25-56-75.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-03-14-03-25-56-75.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
Reactions: P1f
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    At start i want to say that I'm not responsible for your bricked devices, houses set on fire, bla bla bla and so on.

Hello

Since I see that many users are having problems with unlocking bootloader, flashing twrp and getting properly working Magisk. So here i come.

Downloads:
    Everything you need you find here, on my OneDrive.

Unlocking Bootloader

BEWARE! After unlocking bootloader your DRM widevine will change to L3.

Steps:
    - download and install Realme_x2_Pro_DeepTesting.apk,
    - open app and apply for deep test,
    - enable Developer Options by tapping 7 times Version in Settings > About Phone
    - go to developer options and enable OEM unlock and USB debugging,
    - open app once again after some time tap "Query verification status",
    - If you got approved application tap "Start the in-depth test" and phone will reboot to bootloader,
    - on PC, download fastboot tools from somewhere else(unless you already have it, its not on my OneDrive)
    - open folder where you have your fastboot installed, hold shift and click right mouse buton and choose "open command prompt here"(or Power Shell in newer version of windows),
    - connect your phone to PC, and write
    Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock
    - now on phone select "yes"
    - now your phone will reboot and erase all your data,
    - now you have unlocked bootloader.

Flashing Custom Recovery

I will guide you how to flash Custom Recovery.

Steps:
    - connect phone to PC,
    - on your PC in command prompt type adb reboot bootloader,
    - download TWRP image from mauronofrio or OrangeFox image from thread put in your fastboot tools folder on PC,
    - download vbmeta.img from my OneDrive and put in your fastboot tools folder on PC,
    - type
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery *******.img
    - type
    Code:
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    - when flashing is done, on your phone select "Recovery Mode" with volume +/- buttons and accept with power key,
    - now it will boot into TWRP

Getting properly working Magisk

For now I recommend always using Magisk Canary Debug version cause it supports realme phones(stable needs magiskfix to get out of Core only mode).

Steps:
    -download Magisk Canary zip to your phones internal storage,
    - boot to Custom Recovery,
    - flash magisk,
    - reboot to OS.

Updating ColorOS on rooted phone via TWRP

Use Magisk Canary cause it supports realme phones(stable needs magiskfix to get out of Core only mode).
    This is the only way to update ColorOS via TWRP without losing magisk or running into damaged boot/recovery image message on boot for now.

Steps:
    - download latest Magisk Canary, vbmeta.img and latest update package(ozip) for your device(cn rom for cn device, global rom for eu/in device), if you download update via official OTA app the package is located in
    Code:
    /data/oppo/coloros/OTA/.otaPackage
    - reboot to Custom Recovery,
    - flash latest ozip through twrp recovery(don't reboot yet),
    - flash vbmeta.img through Custom Recovery
    - flash magisk(if flashing fail, than reboot recovery),
    - reboot to system.

Locking Bootloader

Think twice after evey step you did if it's done correctly before doing next step to prevent HARD BRICKS.​

Steps:
    - download right latest ozip for your device from realme site(don't cross flash device, flash global ozip on eu/in devices and cn ozip for cn devices),
    - boot to Custom Recovery,
    - Flash ozip and after don't do anything else, just reboot to system,
    - let it boot to OS and replace Custom Recovery with stock recovery.
    - (optional) boot to recovery to check if it is stock, if its stock recovery than you can lock bootloader(don't ever try to lock with Custom Recovery),
    - reboot device to bootloader and through adb go with:
    Code:
    fastboot flashing lock
    - accept locking bootloader query on phone,
    - device now will reboot and perform factory reset.

F.A.Q.

Q: Can't flash xxxxxxxx.zip(or xxxxxxx.ozip/xxxxxxx.img) in Custom Recovery cause it throws an error, what to do?
    A: Reboot recovery and try again.

RUDE!!!!!!!!!!
    But true!!!!!!!!
    You just described me in 3 words. Thank you.
    @Jerry08 the A08 update is out, do we still need a custom build prop patch or do you know if the latest twrp 3.3.1.11 can now fully flash Magisk over it not just the core mode?
    You need custom patch and it doesn't flash through mauronofrio. 11. Still needs twrpcnen for properly working magisk.

Good news is that A.08 fixes fingerprint with unlocked bootloader.
    I'm still on V6.1, RMX1931EX_11_A.06 (EU version) with TWRPCNEN and Canary Magisk latest versions (20.4-0dc9f5c3, Code 20303 and MM 7.5)

Now I want to change to TWRP Mauronofrio 3.3.1.-12 with vbmeta from Jerry, and official Magisk 20.3 with Magiskfix from Jerry and MM 7.5.1

Is it correct when I just go to adb and follow the procedure according to @Jerry08 latest guide, overwriting just the old CNEN version, as well as just overwriting the Canary Magisk or do I have to uninstall something of the current installation before changing to the new versions?
    Is it correct that I install all above without booting into OS inbetween?

Is it correct that after above procedure is done everything should run without reinstalling Color OS A.06?

Tks a lot.

Try like patalao described:

You have to relock your bootloader, install the latest update available A08 and then do the normal procedure to unlock the bootloader again and flash twrp and root.
    That's the only way to get fingerprint working.

Enviado do meu RMX1931 através do Tapatalk

But you can relock bootloader after updating to A.08/A.09 than unlock, it will fix fingerprint also.

As for the game space app, find gamespace apk somewhere and install.