• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] HavocOS 4.1 With GApps and Root (magisk)

Search This thread

Marcos8760

Aug 12, 2019
Google Pixel 3
Razer Phone 2
I got bored so I made a HavocOS guide. Enjoy!

I am not responsible for any bad things happening to your device/angry parents because YOU messed your phone up. If it somehow broke after you did this, it's not my problem.

oh yea also I didnt make the OS. this is just a guide.

Downloads in video description.

I wanted to make this quick and simple so here's a video:

----------------------------------------------------------
Written guide:

-
Pt. 1: Downloads
-

Download all of these files

Google USB driver Extract with 7z or WinRar.

Platform Tools Click "Download for Windows" and extract with 7z or WinRar.

Stock Firmware Extract with 7z or WinRar.

TWRP/Kernel Don't extract this.

HavocOS Don't extract this.

-
Pt. 2: Drivers
-

How to install Android drivers:

1. Put your phone in fastboot mode (turn off your phone and turn it back on with power button and vol down.)
2. Open Device Manager on your PC.
3. Click on the dropdown for "Other Devices"
4. Find "Android"
5. Double click on "Android"
6. Click on "Update Driver"
7. Click on "Browse my computer for drivers"
8. Click on "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"
9. Double click on "Show all devices"
10. Click on "Have Disk"
11. Click on "Browse"
12. Find the usb_driver folder that you extracted earlier and in that folder, select android_winusb.inf and hit "Open"
13. Select "Android Bootloader Interface" and it "Next"
14. If there are any warnings, just press "Yes"

Drivers have been installed.

-
Pt. 3: Installing command line tools
-

How to install platform-tools systemwide.

1. Find your platform-tools folder and move it to somewhere where it can stay there forever, E.g. the root folder in your C drive (C:\). I don't recommend putting it on your desktop because that will add useless clutter.
2. Go to your start menu and look up "Environment Variables"
3. Click on "Environment Variables"
4. Scroll down on the bottom; "System Variables" section, find "Path", and double click on it
5. Click on "New"
6. Click on "Browse"
7. Navigate to your "platform-tools" folder
8. Click on platform-tools
9. Click "Ok."
10. Click "Ok."
11. Click "Ok."
12. Click "Ok."

(lol)

-
Pt. 4: The Installation.
-

Installing HavocOS

1. MAKE SURE THAT YOUR PHONE IS IN FASTBOOT MODE.
2. Open aura-p-release-3201
3. Run flash_all.bat (double click on it)
4. Wait until it finishes running.
5. As soon as it closes and your phone screen turns black, immediately hold the power and volume down buttons and enter fastboot mode.
6. Open Command Prompt (CMD)
7. Flash the Kernel by typing fastboot flash boot <boot.img> and replace <boot.img> with the file path to your boot.img file. (Tip: you can drag the file into CMD to put in the file path.)
8. Flash HavocOS by typing fastboot flash system <HavocOS PHH.img> and replace <HavocOS PHH.img> with the file path to the HavocOS PHH.img file. Ignore the errors.
9. Wait until everything finishes and unplug your phone (if you want to)
10. Use volume buttons to go down to "Recovery Mode"
11. Select "Recovery Mode" with your power button. (Tip: double tap the power button to get past the bootloader unlocked warning screen)
12. Swipe to allow modifications
13. Tap on wipe > format data > type "yes" > press "OK"
14. Press back until you get to the TWRP home screen
15. Tap "Reboot" > tap "Recovery" > then tap "Do not install"
16. Wait until it reboots back into recovery.
17. Follow steps 12-14, then hit "Reboot" > then hit "System"

If it doesn't boot into the setup screen, open fastboot mode and format the data once more, then reboot into system.

and here are the easiest GSI root instructions ever:

Download Magisk-v21.4.zip

1. Open TWRP and mount everything. (except for USB storage. micro sd card is optional.)
2. Put Magisk-v21.4.zip on your phone (in file explorer)
3. Open the TWRP file manager (advanced > file manager)
4. Navigate to /system/system/bin
5. Find resetprop and tap on it
6. Rename resetprop to phh-resetprop
7. tap on install
8. install Magisk-v21.4.zip
9. Boot up your phone, open magisk, and update everything.
10. Turn on MagiskHide in the settings of magisk manager.
11. Profit$ (lol)

SafetyNet should pass if you did it properly (I would find it kinda funny if you managed to mess up those easy instructions)

Alright guys, have a nice day!

p.s: I might begin work on a user-friendly auto-installer soon.

Last edited:

Marcos8760

Aug 12, 2019
Google Pixel 3
Razer Phone 2
Thank you OP, finally got Android 11 fully working including SafetyNet, camera/flashlight, Bluetooth and SD card. The only tricky part was the Bluetooth - got help from this comment - needed to delete both APKs before first boot.
yea i forgot to include that part. I thought you didn't need to do that before boot tho. I managed to get BT working by deleting BluetoothResCommon.apk and renaming RazerAuraBluetoothRes.apk to BluetoothResCommon.apk.

drumiec

Oct 25, 2010
Quick question: is this version of Havoc have no issues with receiving SMS? Previous versions of it cause this annoying issue that after few minutes from restart SMS stop arriving to phone and the only fix at that time was just to restart it. Tried some patches from telegram but basically end up with no fix.

Cylow333

Sep 21, 2021
Uhh is there anyway to edit the buildprop without getting a bootloop? I tried with buildprop editor and i vant see any of the info if i change something and when i restart it goes in a loop.

gumbyx84

Oct 7, 2013
Asus Zenfone 5Z
OnePlus 6T
yea i forgot to include that part. I thought you didn't need to do that before boot tho. I managed to get BT working by deleting BluetoothResCommon.apk and renaming RazerAuraBluetoothRes.apk to BluetoothResCommon.apk.

So do I have to reflash in order to fix Bluetooth?

Sadly my main reason for losing is that I'm running into a mako issue with HavocOS. systenUI keeps crashing whenever the on-screen keyboard is displayed. This happens with the default installed gBoard and SwiftKey beta. It also crashes when the screen goes to sleep. I followed all the steps from the video. Only thing I did besides that was restore a backup from Google Drive so I didn't have to manually install everything. I'm sadly out of ideas and might have to switch to normal GSI or back to LineageOS so the device is stable enough to use.

Marcos8760

Aug 12, 2019
Google Pixel 3
Razer Phone 2
So do I have to reflash in order to fix Bluetooth?

Sadly my main reason for losing is that I'm running into a mako issue with HavocOS. systenUI keeps crashing whenever the on-screen keyboard is displayed. This happens with the default installed gBoard and SwiftKey beta. It also crashes when the screen goes to sleep. I followed all the steps from the video. Only thing I did besides that was restore a backup from Google Drive so I didn't have to manually install everything. I'm sadly out of ideas and might have to switch to normal GSI or back to LineageOS so the device is stable enough to use.

I have never had to fix BT before first boot.

And also, that's kinda weird. I've never had any systemUI crashes with the keyboard, although i have had a weird bug where the entire OS crashes and it reboots into a state where its impossible to use. however, to fix that, i just reflashed and i never encountered the bug again. your install might have been a lemon. maybe install again?

gumbyx84

Oct 7, 2013
Asus Zenfone 5Z
OnePlus 6T
I have never had to fix BT before first boot.

And also, that's kinda weird. I've never had any systemUI crashes with the keyboard, although i have had a weird bug where the entire OS crashes and it reboots into a state where its impossible to use. however, to fix that, i just reflashed and i never encountered the bug again. your install might have been a lemon. maybe install again?

Do I need to flash back to stock or can I do a "dirty" reflash?

gumbyx84

Oct 7, 2013
Asus Zenfone 5Z
OnePlus 6T
Eh. I think flashing back to stock might be better.

Trying out now. I'm at work so I don't have my laptop with me. Trying it work a live CD image lol

Update: It's been sitting on the "Powered by Android" screen for 20+ minutes. I already tried a data wipe from the bootloader. I can get into TWRP. I'm going to give it another 10 minutes then try flashing HavocOS again.

Update 2: I've made progress. Now it's stick on the HavocOS loading screen. It's been like that for 20+ minutes. Tried the bootloader data format.

Update 3: I was finally able to flash HavocOS at home without issue. I flashed Magisk before even booting into the OS and it seems to be working ok. After it rebooted to complete the setup/install, the issue came back. I'm just flashing HavocOS without Magisk for now.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got bored so I made a HavocOS guide. Enjoy!

I am not responsible for any bad things happening to your device/angry parents because YOU messed your phone up. If it somehow broke after you did this, it's not my problem.

oh yea also I didnt make the OS. this is just a guide.

Downloads in video description.

I wanted to make this quick and simple so here's a video:

Written guide:

-
    Pt. 1: Downloads
    -

Download all of these files

Google USB driver Extract with 7z or WinRar.

Platform Tools Click "Download for Windows" and extract with 7z or WinRar.

Stock Firmware Extract with 7z or WinRar.

TWRP/Kernel Don't extract this.

HavocOS Don't extract this.

-
    Pt. 2: Drivers
    -

How to install Android drivers:

1. Put your phone in fastboot mode (turn off your phone and turn it back on with power button and vol down.)
    2. Open Device Manager on your PC.
    3. Click on the dropdown for "Other Devices"
    4. Find "Android"
    5. Double click on "Android"
    6. Click on "Update Driver"
    7. Click on "Browse my computer for drivers"
    8. Click on "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"
    9. Double click on "Show all devices"
    10. Click on "Have Disk"
    11. Click on "Browse"
    12. Find the usb_driver folder that you extracted earlier and in that folder, select android_winusb.inf and hit "Open"
    13. Select "Android Bootloader Interface" and it "Next"
    14. If there are any warnings, just press "Yes"

Drivers have been installed.

-
    Pt. 3: Installing command line tools
    -

How to install platform-tools systemwide.

1. Find your platform-tools folder and move it to somewhere where it can stay there forever, E.g. the root folder in your C drive (C:\). I don't recommend putting it on your desktop because that will add useless clutter.
    2. Go to your start menu and look up "Environment Variables"
    3. Click on "Environment Variables"
    4. Scroll down on the bottom; "System Variables" section, find "Path", and double click on it
    5. Click on "New"
    6. Click on "Browse"
    7. Navigate to your "platform-tools" folder
    8. Click on platform-tools
    9. Click "Ok."
    10. Click "Ok."
    11. Click "Ok."
    12. Click "Ok."

(lol)

-
    Pt. 4: The Installation.
    -

Installing HavocOS

1. MAKE SURE THAT YOUR PHONE IS IN FASTBOOT MODE.
    2. Open aura-p-release-3201
    3. Run flash_all.bat (double click on it)
    4. Wait until it finishes running.
    5. As soon as it closes and your phone screen turns black, immediately hold the power and volume down buttons and enter fastboot mode.
    6. Open Command Prompt (CMD)
    7. Flash the Kernel by typing fastboot flash boot <boot.img> and replace <boot.img> with the file path to your boot.img file. (Tip: you can drag the file into CMD to put in the file path.)
    8. Flash HavocOS by typing fastboot flash system <HavocOS PHH.img> and replace <HavocOS PHH.img> with the file path to the HavocOS PHH.img file. Ignore the errors.
    9. Wait until everything finishes and unplug your phone (if you want to)
    10. Use volume buttons to go down to "Recovery Mode"
    11. Select "Recovery Mode" with your power button. (Tip: double tap the power button to get past the bootloader unlocked warning screen)
    12. Swipe to allow modifications
    13. Tap on wipe > format data > type "yes" > press "OK"
    14. Press back until you get to the TWRP home screen
    15. Tap "Reboot" > tap "Recovery" > then tap "Do not install"
    16. Wait until it reboots back into recovery.
    17. Follow steps 12-14, then hit "Reboot" > then hit "System"

If it doesn't boot into the setup screen, open fastboot mode and format the data once more, then reboot into system.

and here are the easiest GSI root instructions ever:

Download Magisk-v21.4.zip

1. Open TWRP and mount everything. (except for USB storage. micro sd card is optional.)
    2. Put Magisk-v21.4.zip on your phone (in file explorer)
    3. Open the TWRP file manager (advanced > file manager)
    4. Navigate to /system/system/bin
    5. Find resetprop and tap on it
    6. Rename resetprop to phh-resetprop
    7. tap on install
    8. install Magisk-v21.4.zip
    9. Boot up your phone, open magisk, and update everything.
    10. Turn on MagiskHide in the settings of magisk manager.
    11. Profit$ (lol)

SafetyNet should pass if you did it properly (I would find it kinda funny if you managed to mess up those easy instructions)

Alright guys, have a nice day!

p.s: I might begin work on a user-friendly auto-installer soon.
    Thank you OP, finally got Android 11 fully working including SafetyNet, camera/flashlight, Bluetooth and SD card. The only tricky part was the Bluetooth - got help from this comment - needed to delete both APKs before first boot.