• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Guide] How to access recovery on the Zenwatch and more

Search This thread

arbitercu

Oct 29, 2013
I've notices that there is little to know information on this watch so I decided to take the time to create this post;
Here's a simple little guide on how to access simple functions on your Zenwatch
How to Access the bootloader
1. hold the power button for around 5-10 seconds until the watch powers off,
2. hold the power button again until you see the "Asus" Logo,
3. the moment you see the logo swipe down from the top left corner to the bottom right corner
4. you are now in CSC fastboot mode

How to unlock the bootloader
1. Enter CSC fastboot mode
2. Plug the watch into your computer
3. Open a command window
4. type "fastboot oem unlock" without the quotes
5. to relock it type "fastboot oem lock"

How to boot the watch into recovery
1. Hold the power button for 5-10 seconds until the watch turns off
2. Wait until you see the "asus" logo
3. The moment the logo appears swipe from the top right corner to the bottom left
4. Congrats you are now in recovery mode

If you'd like to add any information just reply to this post and i'll ad it up here

kaplah

Sep 12, 2008
ok. Stupid question.

I have the original Zenwatch with the charger that blocks the power button. My watch is somewhat fubared and can't boot to the OS. I need to do a unlock to flash a clean image so I run the unlock command above.

My watch displays a screen that requires a press of the power key to confirm unlock... the button I can't get at...

If I pull the watch from the charger it shuts off and I have to wait 10 minutes to try again otherwise the watch just stays off. I can't seem to interact with the watch via the command line of my PC either to confirm unlock that way.

Did someone screw up on this design? Do you guys just drill a hole in your charger to allow access to the power button?

zenwatch

May 27, 2018
HELP please...

Hello!
Thank you so much for posting this. The problem is that I dont have any background in this kind of process.
I have the first Asus ZenWatch, and I forgot my unlock pattern and I would like unlock it or reset it.
I was able to get into CSC Fastboot Mode, but could not get further than that. I typed the command in my computer and it says <waiting for device>, and nothing happens. Your post is the only one I was able to follow, but it didnt work either.
What can I do?

Thank you for whatever help you can give.

PS: it only has a back button, and is has an old version of Android. I dont know if I need to install anything in my computer.

Hope you can help me...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've notices that there is little to know information on this watch so I decided to take the time to create this post;
    Here's a simple little guide on how to access simple functions on your Zenwatch
    How to Access the bootloader
    1. hold the power button for around 5-10 seconds until the watch powers off,
    2. hold the power button again until you see the "Asus" Logo,
    3. the moment you see the logo swipe down from the top left corner to the bottom right corner
    4. you are now in CSC fastboot mode

How to unlock the bootloader
    1. Enter CSC fastboot mode
    2. Plug the watch into your computer
    3. Open a command window
    4. type "fastboot oem unlock" without the quotes
    5. to relock it type "fastboot oem lock"

How to boot the watch into recovery
    1. Hold the power button for 5-10 seconds until the watch turns off
    2. Wait until you see the "asus" logo
    3. The moment the logo appears swipe from the top right corner to the bottom left
    4. Congrats you are now in recovery mode

If you'd like to add any information just reply to this post and i'll ad it up here