[GUIDE][HOW TO] Build a basic Custom ROM's using android kitchen for Samsung Devices.

Search This thread

el0xren

zYQv7pO.jpg

Here you can find how to build basic custom rom for samsung devices!
This tutorial is based using CRB kitchen. All credits going to @MrWaehere

Code:
I am not responsible if this bricks your phone or causes thermonuclear war

and ends the world as we know it.

You have been warned.

What is Android Kitchen?
• Basically a Tool which helps you customize the shipped ROM's, or modify custom ROMs for the features you like.

This tutorial is specially for:
• Newcomers to the world of Android.
• People who want to create their own custom ROM's but unable to do so as it is going over the head.
• People who did not had any encounters with Programming.

Requirements:
• Windows 64-bit Platform.
• .NET Framework 4.7.2.
• Java (JDK) for APK-Tool.
• WSL 2 NOTE! If you don't know how to enable, follow this.

WSL - Case sensitive
• Some versions of Windows do not support case sensitive. You can test it in CRB -> Settings -> Test WSL.
• Run CRB as Administrator.
• Note: some devices also require this step.

Let's begin!

Download your choosed Samsung Device firmware
Samsung Firmwares.

Starting with the kitchen
• Extract downloaded CRB kitchen and open CRBuilder.exe.
• Click extract button and let's create first work enviroment.
4gs6YWI.png

• Type your project name.
bVkWmYK.png

• After creating work enviroment, select firmware you downloaded before.
y9WuTqe.png

• After extraction finished, you can move on!

Disabling Force Encryption
NOTE! You need to disable encryption, to bypass force going to Download mode.
• Click on Kernel tools button.
Eetre1c.png

• Press Disable DM-VerityForceEnc..
jNzxmBs.png

Deknoxing and Debloating Automatically
• Click on Tools button.
JBs3v06.png

• Press Remove Knox button to Deknox NOTE! You can edit Deknoxing list, navigate to CRB folder, then navigate to templates/knox_list.txt and edit to your dependencies.
WocgT0s.png

• Press Fast Debloat button to Debloat NOTE! You can edit Debloating list, navigate to CRB folder, then navigate to templates/fast_debloat.txt and edit to your dependencies.
rl78Dog.png

Editor
• Click on Editor button.
j89YZsP.png

• Generate Updater-script NOTE! You don't need to generate Updater-script while using raw images method, it will generate automatically.
4W3Fvs2.png

• After generating Updater-script, you can edit it to your dependencies by pressing Edit - Updater-Script.
yr94VjX.png

Debloating Manually
• Click on APK button.
JK7mFOO.png

• Press Debloater.
54QIxtL.png

• Wait a while till tool will load apk files, then you can debloat to your dependencies.

Building ROM's
• Click on Build button.
s2hHTmR.png

• Then you need to choose method NOTE! Highly recommended to use Raw Images method for Newcomers, unless you know what you're doing.
DurRd1U.png

Last edited:

Akhil99

Oct 6, 2015
Mysore
really good starting point bro! I wish all the best for everyone who wish to learn the basics!

A

AshleyTheUseless

This Actually Works!! Thanks!! But one problem , My Modified OneUI Rom Keeps Rebooting to Download Mode , I have removed DM-Verity And It's still rebooting to download mode , what should I do?

el0xren

This Actually Works!! Thanks!! But one problem , My Modified OneUI Rom Keeps Rebooting to Download Mode , I have removed DM-Verity And It's still rebooting to download mode , what should I do?

As i mentioned in thread, WSL 2 is needed to Enable Case Senstive, to check if it's enabled navigate to CRB kitchen, settings and press "Test WSL" if it will bypass, it means you're good to go.

I have tried everything I can think of and I can't get this to work. Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2017) SM-t380. I am running Pie stock with no issues. I have downloaded the exact firmware used on my device. I have gone from the simple (remove dm-verify, deknox and deodex only) to the full boat including debloating. When I output using raw->zip, I get the meta file and a boot.img file only. If I do a zip file then I get the meta file, a system file and the boot.img file. No matter what I do either installed the tablet just hangs at the Samsung screen. I have let it sit for hours and nothing. Luckily, I have twrp and a few backups, so I can save it. How should I be using this tool to create a twrp flashable zip?

jhr5474

Sep 20, 2010
Holley, Oregon
I appreciate the tutorial, however, it feels like you left some things out, I have built and released roms before but its been a while. So I am wondering could add some more steps, seems that you just dropped it at do the raw image step. Then the OP ends?

How do you flash?
What do you flash with?
Do i just flash the output file in TWRP? All it has is an img and boot

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

I type this Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature-Online-FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux

and get this in return

Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature-Online-FeatureName : The term 'Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature-Online-FeatureName' is not
recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if
a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature-Online-FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Su ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Enable-WindowsO...ine-FeatureName:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

I appreciate the tutorial, however, it feels like you left some things out, I have built and released roms before but its been a while. So I am wondering could add some more steps, seems that you just dropped it at do the raw image step. Then the OP ends?

How do you flash?
What do you flash with?
Do i just flash the output file in TWRP? All it has is an img and boot

If you search the original thread on CRB Kitchen he has a really good tutorial on how to install WLS and getting it to work. It took me a couple tries, but I got it installed and the Kitchen working. You do need to run the cmd window in administrator to get it all to work right. I still can't get the outputted ROM to boot right either. I am going to post on the original Kitchen thread to see if I can get an answer.

Reactions: ghazz_<>

YasirArafatShihab

Jan 9, 2019
Bangladesh
zYQv7pO.jpg

Code:

You have been warned.

What is Android Kitchen?
• Basically a Tool which helps you customize the shipped ROM's, or modify custom ROMs for the features you like.

• People who want to create their own custom ROM's but unable to do so as it is going over the head.

Requirements:
• .NET Framework 4.7.2.

WSL - Case sensitive
• Some versions of Windows do not support case sensitive. You can test it in CRB -> Settings -> Test WSL.

Let's begin!

Samsung Firmwares.

4gs6YWI.png

bVkWmYK.png

y9WuTqe.png

Eetre1c.png

jNzxmBs.png

• Click on Tools button.
JBs3v06.png

• Press Remove Knox button to Deknox NOTE! You can edit Deknoxing list, navigate to CRB folder, then navigate to templates/knox_list.txt and edit to your dependencies.
WocgT0s.png

• Press Fast Debloat button to Debloat NOTE! You can edit Debloating list, navigate to CRB folder, then navigate to templates/fast_debloat.txt and edit to your dependencies.
rl78Dog.png

Editor
j89YZsP.png

• Generate Updater-script NOTE! You don't need to generate Updater-script while using raw images method, it will generate automatically.
4W3Fvs2.png

• After generating Updater-script, you can edit it to your dependencies by pressing Edit - Updater-Script.
yr94VjX.png

Debloating Manually
• Click on APK button.
JK7mFOO.png

• Press Debloater.
54QIxtL.png

• Wait a while till tool will load apk files, then you can debloat to your dependencies.

Building ROM's
• Click on Build button.
s2hHTmR.png

• Then you need to choose method NOTE! Highly recommended to use Raw Images method for Newcomers, unless you know what you're doing.
DurRd1U.png
How to make for IPhone? 😎

Reactions: ardasher

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zYQv7pO.jpg

Code:

You have been warned.

What is Android Kitchen?

Requirements:
    • .NET Framework 4.7.2.

WSL - Case sensitive

Let's begin!

Samsung Firmwares.

4gs6YWI.png

bVkWmYK.png

y9WuTqe.png

Eetre1c.png

jNzxmBs.png

• Click on Tools button.
    JBs3v06.png

WocgT0s.png

rl78Dog.png

Editor
    j89YZsP.png

4W3Fvs2.png

yr94VjX.png

Debloating Manually
    • Click on APK button.
    JK7mFOO.png

• Press Debloater.
    54QIxtL.png

Building ROM's
    • Click on Build button.
    s2hHTmR.png

DurRd1U.png
    really good starting point bro! I wish all the best for everyone who wish to learn the basics!

:33, thank you!

As i mentioned in thread, WSL 2 is needed to Enable Case Senstive, to check if it's enabled navigate to CRB kitchen, settings and press "Test WSL" if it will bypass, it means you're good to go.
    Thank you
    Very nice.
    This method works with samsung processors Exynos and snapdragon??

both.