• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] How to bypass authentication and flash in EDL with NO auth for FREE

Search This thread

ilya980

Aug 15, 2019
I am stuck at Step 9 getting the phone into EDL mode. The phone is LG K40 LM-X420AS. I power it off, hold volume - button, plug-in the cable and nothing happens. Phone starts charging and does not enter into EDL mode. I am able to get into Firmware download mode (Volume + and cable) and also can get into "Factory data reset" mode (Volume - and Power, and then release and hold Power on vibrate). MediaTek USB device does not show up in libusb device selection window.

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
I am stuck at Step 9 getting the phone into EDL mode. The phone is LG K40 LM-X420AS. I power it off, hold volume - button, plug-in the cable and nothing happens. Phone starts charging and does not enter into EDL mode. I am able to get into Firmware download mode (Volume + and cable) and also can get into "Factory data reset" mode (Volume - and Power, and then release and hold Power on vibrate). MediaTek USB device does not show up in libusb device selection window.
If you can fash in download mode, you don't need to bypass EDL auth.

ilya980

Aug 15, 2019
If you can fash in download mode, you don't need to bypass EDL auth.
I can enter into "Firmware Update" mode, but I cannot flash anything. If I run bypass.bat or main.py I get "Waiting for device". In the device manager it shows as LGE Mobile USB Serial Port (COM6). What tool do I use to communicate over this port? Also, where do I get a firmware I could flash? Thanks.

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
I can enter into "Firmware Update" mode, but I cannot flash anything. If I run bypass.bat or main.py I get "Waiting for device". In the device manager it shows as LGE Mobile USB Serial Port (COM6). What tool do I use to communicate over this port? Also, where do I get a firmware I could flash? Thanks.
You need to find the right sequence of keys to enter in EDL mode.
I have no ideia about where get a firmware to a LG device.

retsa01

Aug 28, 2021
i flashed lk.img for miui 12.5.1 and i got bricked. I can't boot and a black screen. Cannot connect to computer. Please help me

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
i flashed lk.img for miui 12.5.1 and i got bricked. I can't boot and a black screen. Cannot connect to computer. Please help me
Android 10 LK images does NOT work on Android 11.
You need to use the respective LK.
I suggest you to keep the same lk image of the rom you are using.
If you have problems with any recovery project, just use another:

sapson15

Sep 2, 2021
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 3, in <module>
from src.exploit import exploit
ImportError: No module named src.exploit

Last edited by a moderator:

sigmasirio

Oct 12, 2021
Hi all, I don't understand if this procedure keep all my old data inside the phone o will delete everything, I want to be sure. I need to extract my old photo. Everything work fine until SP flash tool, I'm waiting for your answer. Is it important know the old MIUI version? I don't remeber it, can I install the last one? Thanks a lot

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Hi all, I don't understand if this procedure keep all my old data inside the phone o will delete everything, I want to be sure. I need to extract my old photo. Everything work fine until SP flash tool, I'm waiting for your answer. Is it important know the old MIUI version? I don't remeber it, can I install the last one? Thanks a lot
Bypassing auth does not delete data.
You need to format or erase data to delete everything.

sigmasirio

Oct 12, 2021
Bypassing auth does not delete data.
You need to format or erase data to delete everything.
Hello
this was clear to me, my question was related to SP Flash tool. how can I flash the ROM without losing my data (photo)? in the procedure described it is not indicated whether it is destructive or not. many users are happy with the procedure but it is unclear if they only recovered the phone or even the data. I want to recover the data, not recover the phone, so I can also do others instead of flashing the ROM. It seems to me that TWRP is perhaps the best way. I am currently unable to install TWRP with SP Flash tool. I managed to do the memory dump thanks to the procedure of unlook and SP Flash tool but the extracted partitions do not contain personal files, only the system files are present and readable, probably because personal files are encrypted, I think I need, and I believe TWRP does it, to decrypt them by entering the phone unlock code, do you agree?

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Hello
this was clear to me, my question was related to SP Flash tool. how can I flash the ROM without losing my data (photo)? in the procedure described it is not indicated whether it is destructive or not. many users are happy with the procedure but it is unclear if they only recovered the phone or even the data. I want to recover the data, not recover the phone, so I can also do others instead of flashing the ROM. It seems to me that TWRP is perhaps the best way. I am currently unable to install TWRP with SP Flash tool. I managed to do the memory dump thanks to the procedure of unlook and SP Flash tool but the extracted partitions do not contain personal files, only the system files are present and readable, probably because personal files are encrypted, I think I need, and I believe TWRP does it, to decrypt them by entering the phone unlock code, do you agree?
This thread is not about sp flash tool.
Try google or youtube.
Good luck

cingcopa

Nov 12, 2021
Hi there all, i know maybe i am in the wrong room, but if anyone has the solution to my problem please give me some enlightenment, coz i have been searching for almost 2 months and still can unbrick my DEAD boot REDMI 9A DANDELION.

This situation appeared after i have already install twrp and also already flash rom and suddenly its went completely dark. I already have tried so many kinds of method or ways i found but always hit a dead end.

And 1 more problem, my 9A only can be read by PC if I bypass the EDL using TEST POINT from my hardware, and i have tried many kinds of flashing tools and also downloaded a bunch or ROMs based on guides i read from forum here and there.

Please if you have the solution for my problem, it will means a lot to me.

Thx before.

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Hi there all, i know maybe i am in the wrong room, but if anyone has the solution to my problem please give me some enlightenment, coz i have been searching for almost 2 months and still can unbrick my DEAD boot REDMI 9A DANDELION.

This situation appeared after i have already install twrp and also already flash rom and suddenly its went completely dark. I already have tried so many kinds of method or ways i found but always hit a dead end.

And 1 more problem, my 9A only can be read by PC if I bypass the EDL using TEST POINT from my hardware, and i have tried many kinds of flashing tools and also downloaded a bunch or ROMs based on guides i read from forum here and there.

Please if you have the solution for my problem, it will means a lot to me.

Thx before.
You just need to flash the full MIUI again.
Bypassh EDL auth first and then flash it using sp flash tool in firmware upgrade mode.
It will erase userdata and relock bootloader.
Good luck

cingcopa

Nov 12, 2021
You just need to flash the full MIUI again.
Bypassh EDL auth first and then flash it using sp flash tool in firmware upgrade mode.
It will erase userdata and relock bootloader.
Good luck
Done that before, and already most off all the globa MIUI 12 (latest i tried 12.0.16 for dandelion), and the result is sill the same, stuck at DA 100, then Error : STATUS_EXT_EXCEPTION (0x0050005). also tried diffrent DA FILE still ERROR.

Its been 2 months now lol, and when it's near weekend that's all i've tried to solve, my 2 Dead Brick 9A o_Oo_O

Here is the ss of the error and the By pass tool that i used

Screenshot (302).pngScreenshot (303).png

Here is the ss when i used your guide using phyton, and also tried diffrent DA file, and tried CHINA latest ROM for dandelion, still stuck at DA 100% then ERROR

Screenshot (305).png

Last edited:

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Done that before, and already most off all the globa MIUI 12 (latest i tried 12.0.16 for dandelion), and the result is sill the same, stuck at DA 100, then Error : STATUS_EXT_EXCEPTION (0x0050005). also tried diffrent DA FILE still ERROR.

Its been 2 months now lol, and when it's near weekend that's all i've tried to solve, my 2 Dead Brick 9A o_Oo_O

Here is the ss of the error and the By pass tool that i used

Here is the ss when i used your guide using phyton, and also tried diffrent DA file, and tried CHINA latest ROM for dandelion, still stuck at DA 100% then ERROR
Just read my guide:

cingcopa

Nov 12, 2021
Just read my guide:
Read it and done it with, tried diffrent SP tools that you suggest on your guide, still got the same error.

For the scatter file, i already used form the thread you post
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...tool-to-dandelion-redmi-9a-redmi-9at.4330763/

Or maybe is it the DA file that is wrong??

🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to:
    chaosmaster / k4y0z: GitHub / XDA
    xyzz / xyz`: GitHub / XDA
    Dinolek: GitHub / XDA

• How to install:
    1. Download the attached file: VD171_MTK-bypass.zip.

2. Extract the file and open the folder.

3. Run and install python: python-3.9.1-amd64.exe.
    Keep atention: You need to select "Add Python to PATH" before starting the installation.

image-000-jpg.5211735

4. Open cmd or powershell and execute this command:
    pip install pyusb pyserial json5

5. Go to the Driver folder and right-click on the cdc-acm.inf file, then click Install and then, close window.

6. Run and install filter wizard: libusb-win32-devel-filter-1.2.6.0.exe.

7. Launch filter wizard.

8. Select Install a device filter and click Next.

9. Connect powered off phone with volume- button to boot in EDL mode.

10. Once you see new MediaTek USB Port in the list, select it and click Install.

image-002-jpg.5211741

Now, you are ready for bypassing EDL ! :cowboy:

• How to bypass:
    1. Go to the Bypass folder. Run the script: bypass.bat.

2. Connect powered off phone with volume- button to boot in EDL mode.

3. Once you get "Protection disabled" at the end, without disconnecting phone and usb, run SP Flash Tool.

image-003-jpg.5211729

4. Once the SP Flash Tool opens, click Options > Options > Connection.

5. Select UART mode and select Baud rate to 921600.

image-004-jpg.5211727

Now, you are ready for flashing ! 😍

• How to update:
    1. Download latest release of the tool: https://github.com/MTK-bypass/bypass_utility/releases/latest

2. Download latest release of payloads: https://github.com/MTK-bypass/exploits_collection/releases/latest

3. Extract the content of both files to the Bypass folder.

Now, you are updated ! :cool:

• How does the bypass work?

All Credits To:

:unsure: Do you need help with your MERLIN device ?
    Read this FAQ: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-merlin-redmi-note-9-redmi-10x-4g.4225163/

#NoAuth #NoAuthentication #No-Auth #No-Authentication #MediaTek #Xiaomi
    #MiAuth #MiAuthentication #Mi-Auth #Mi-Authentication #XiaoMiAuth #free
    #XiaoMiAuthentication #XiaoMi-Auth #XiaoMi-Authentication #unbricking
    #unbricked #unbrick
    #MTK #MT6572 #MT6735 #MT6737 #MT6739 #MT6750 #MT6765 #MT6762
    #MT6761 #MT6768 #MT6771 #MT6785 #MT8127 #MT8163 #MT8173 #MT8695
    Good job, The guide helped a guy in telegram group unbrick his device.

Thanks for this :D
    woah this can speed up custom rom development for the device, just like the factory images on redmi note 8 pro, i hope lots of people see this!
    LOVE YOU >....you saved my life ....i succesfully bypassed the protection.. and unbricked my hard-bricked begonia phone
    i dont know how happy i am... huge thanks sir ....this was my first time doing such a work ..and you saved me from a huge loss
    ...thank you sir
    God bless you sir ....
    i have been trying to find a way for the past 16 hours continously .. i almost lost hope ...

thanks sir ..
    Nice job, my friend !
    We love to know that. :cool:
    Please, too give some thanks to:
    I've attached a new zip file with the soon released files.
    Please, try again and good luck
    Hello bro, today I was able to recover my Redmi 9 with the update of the tool that you shared, it was a bit complicated but in the end if it recovered, now, I have a problem, this Redmi is dual SIM and the two IMEIs appear unknown to me and a Wi-Fi network called NVram warning: Err = 0x10 appears, is there any solution to this error?