[GUIDE] How to convert TMobile OP7 to International.

Search This thread

Junior117

Apr 15, 2017
Santo Domingo
It took me literally weeks to figure this out I tried everything and nothing worked almost gave up but here is My solution for param proload problem.

My current set up was T-mobile OP7 Pro running the latest android 10 available 01/2021

So the problem was the L2 drivers included are old and don't work with the phone or windows not sure, I also tried countless other drivers and nothing until I downloaded the updated one from microsoft .

Qualcomm Incorporated - Ports - 3/25/2016 12:00:00 AM - 2.1.2.2Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Later Servicing Drivers

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Qualcomm Incorporated - Ports -

When you click download a windows will open with a link and nothing will download, you have to right click and save as

1.Extract the Cab to a folder (7zip)
2.Open device manager
3.put the phone in EDL Mode so you can see it in device manager(windows will auto install or you already installed drivers)
4.Right Click UPDATE DRIVERS/ BROWSE MY COMPUTER and point to the new folder location
5.windows will update the driver to the newest one version 2.1.2.2

Just to be safe because the phone will time out after the drivers updated I restarted the phone (vol+vol- and power for about 10sec) to finally do the conversion and use the MSM tool
******Make sure you use the included ops and MSM or it wont work only the drivers need update
View attachment 5200903
OMFG i love you i have more than 4 week traying flash this i loveeeeee you men i want to give you a beer give me you paypal

• Love
Reactions: pr3dicament

Junior117

Apr 15, 2017
Santo Domingo
So, a little backstory to understand all of my frustration. I bought my 1+7 Pro from ebay, seller was located in Washington state. The listing said it was an unlocked phone, so I bought it. Turns out, it was sim unlocked, not factory unlocked like I normally have gotten when buying phones. This is the T-mobile variant. I should have asked before buying.

Did a bunch of forum screening, tried following every tutorial that I found, but I'm getting frustrated to the point of quitting. So, as per instruction, I've been trying to flash the international firmware so I can unlock my bootloader and do the fun stuff of rooting.

Issue #1
MSM program does not recognize my device when in fastboot or after running "adb edl". I've installed the newest drivers 5 times, I'm using a good cable, I've tried every suggestion I've come across. Still can't get my phone to be recognized.

Issue #2
At one point, I figured I needed to go through unlocking my device via the token method. However, when my phone is in fastboot, the commands "adb devices" and "fastboot oem get_unlock_code" only ever show "waiting for devices".

I've read and followed the instructions, I've updated drivers, I'm using good cables, I'm doing as instructed. I'm still stuck at the point where my phone isn't being recognized as connected. I'm ready to throw this phone at the wall and deal with the loss of money. Please help.
It took me literally weeks to figure this out I tried everything and nothing worked almost gave up but here is My solution for param proload problem.

My current set up was T-mobile OP7 Pro running the latest android 10 available 01/2021

So the problem was the L2 drivers included are old and don't work with the phone or windows not sure, I also tried countless other drivers and nothing until I downloaded the updated one from microsoft .

Qualcomm Incorporated - Ports - 3/25/2016 12:00:00 AM - 2.1.2.2Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Later Servicing Drivers

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Qualcomm Incorporated - Ports -

When you click download a windows will open with a link and nothing will download, you have to right click and save as

1.Extract the Cab to a folder (7zip)
2.Open device manager
3.put the phone in EDL Mode so you can see it in device manager(windows will auto install or you already installed drivers)
4.Right Click UPDATE DRIVERS/ BROWSE MY COMPUTER and point to the new folder location
5.windows will update the driver to the newest one version 2.1.2.2

Just to be safe because the phone will time out after the drivers updated I restarted the phone (vol+vol- and power for about 10sec) to finally do the conversion and use the MSM tool
******Make sure you use the included ops and MSM or it wont work only the drivers need update
View attachment 5200903

thissss woooork

• Love
Reactions: pr3dicament
May 31, 2012
Hello, can you to patch same thing for sprint? I have done the debrand sprint to international EU firmware but updates still very slow..i wanted to go to gm21AA global..i dont mind losing 5g connectivity..but i need to be able to use dual sim..i have dual dim slot but firmware is the issue.
Can you please do smtg?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210326-132838.jpg
    Screenshot_20210326-132838.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 59
Mar 23, 2018
OnePlus 7 Pro
What's the current situation with the drivers required for the oneplus 7 pro and how to properly uninstall the ones I have now. I tried everything. Msmdownloadtool gets stuck on param preload and something is just not right here.

dubedollars

May 25, 2014
Been looking for this issue and I'm not seeing anyone with it. I paid off my t-mobile op7 pro, sim unlocked via tmobile and converted it a couple of weeks ago. Had a second data sim and was basically using it as my music device at work. It's been working flawlessly. Well I decided to sell it to a co worker. Removed it from my google account and Factory reset it via recovery. He is trying to set it up and it turns off. Only way to turn it back on is by holding all 3 buttons and it usually winds up shutting off again. Fully charged as well. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

alive.dew

• Aug 4, 2015
    Chittagong
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    Does this method work for GM1925? I've tried but failed. MSM Tool stops at 'Param Preload'.

However, I was able to debrand my Sprint branded OnePlus 7 Pro 5G (GM1925) by following this guide here. Now, it has a corrupted 'About Phone' section as it was stated in that guide; showing the build number 10.0.11.GM27BA.

Screenshot_20210415-151921.jpg

y2k-inc

Feb 20, 2011
    Been looking for this issue and I'm not seeing anyone with it. I paid off my t-mobile op7 pro, sim unlocked via tmobile and converted it a couple of weeks ago. Had a second data sim and was basically using it as my music device at work. It's been working flawlessly. Well I decided to sell it to a co worker. Removed it from my google account and Factory reset it via recovery. He is trying to set it up and it turns off. Only way to turn it back on is by holding all 3 buttons and it usually winds up shutting off again. Fully charged as well. Any ideas as to why this is happening?
    Try to run the re-convert to International again and this time set it up and let it update to Android 11 :)

lightrules

Aug 5, 2020
    anyone able to answer this (simple?) question...

if i re-install this international version to my 1+7pro, assuming it will install android 9 again, will i be able to update to A10 or will i be forced to update to A11? i dont want A11 as it caused a lot of problems for me. TIA.

Last edited:

octopus82

May 16, 2012
    First of all this is not my work I only tested theirs.
    Credit to @themustached for finding that a patched .ops was the solution.
    This guy doesn't even have the damn phone yet and did this for us so show some love. You can donate to him through paypal here - http://paypal.me/dustinwann
    Also @Eliminater74 @jkyoho and others for their hard work and dedication to this conversion.

Disclaimer: I do not take responsibility for any damage done to your device by using this procedure. Everyone has problems sometimes so be civil and ask clear questions explaining where you failed if you expect help.
    These instructions will convert your TMOBILE Oneplus 7 PRO to the International version of the phone.
    This lets you unlock the bootloader, root, twrp etc.. Sim unlock is still being worked on.

Take a breath, drop the hype and read every single step before you even plug your phone into the PC.
    These steps assume you understand you lose all data on the device, are sim unlocked, have the Download mode drivers installed, adb and fastboot and your device powered OFF.

1) Download both of these archives and extract them to a folder you can locate. - https://mega.nz/#!289BVITR https://mega.nz/#!St1DiShb Mirror - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=294946

2) Open the MSM tool and uncheck the box next to SHA 256.

3) Hold both volume buttons for 5 seconds then plug in the USB cable. OR In ADB type "adb reboot edl".

4) Watch the MSM tool and the second it says *Connected* next to one of the COM ports, press START.

5) DO NOT unplug the device until after it says Success in green.

6) Once the phone boots into the system, go through all the setup options.

7) Enable Developer Options and enable OEM Unlocking.

8) Enter bootloader mode on your device and type "fastboot oem unlock".

You now have an unlocked international OP7.
    If you want to root and install twrp dont take the OTA yet.

-Follow these two threads below then take the OTA, do that after you root and twrp. You can preserve root by going into Magisk Manager after the OTA installs, then press the top Install button on the right and use the after OTA option.
    This will put you on the latest version with twrp, root and working sound/wifi.

1) Root - https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/guide-root-oneplus-7-pro-patched-boot-t3931205 by @acervenky

2) Twrp - https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...nt/recovery-unofficial-twrp-recovery-t3931322 by @mauronofrio

3) OTA zips - https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/oneplus-7-pro-global-repo-oxygen-os-t3930585 by @Titokhan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *Future proofing Update*
    Hot off the press. Here is a tool that will allow you to patch an ops file without having to download a new modified one every update.
    You can use this with a stock MSM or the modified one linked above. Must be run on an unmodified ops

Global
    EU
    China

1) Extract the Patcher into the same directory as your MSM tool and OPS firmware.
    2) Launch the Patcher as admin. Now select the ops you want to patch and check all the boxes under Patch Options and click Start.
    yhqBrcK.jpg

3) Once it finishes you will be able to flash the ops file from the stock MSM or the modded one above.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *TMobile Update*

The MSM tool/firmware for TMobile OP7Pro is now released.

You can find it on my other thread - HERE

Credit for this one also goes to @themustached.

I lost network after flashing, how to recover it please ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      More you just wait for OnePlus to get back to you. They will email you a file specific to your phone, and you'll use fastboot to first send that file, then to OEM unlock.

Now is a good time to start copying any data you want to keep to a PC, as the unlock process will wipe your phone.
      Thank you very much for your excellent help, I think from here on I understand what I should do.
      First of all this is not my work I only tested theirs.
      Credit to @themustached for finding that a patched .ops was the solution.
      This guy doesn't even have the damn phone yet and did this for us so show some love. You can donate to him through paypal here - http://paypal.me/dustinwann
      Also @Eliminater74 @jkyoho and others for their hard work and dedication to this conversion.

Disclaimer: I do not take responsibility for any damage done to your device by using this procedure. Everyone has problems sometimes so be civil and ask clear questions explaining where you failed if you expect help.
      These instructions will convert your TMOBILE Oneplus 7 PRO to the International version of the phone.
      This lets you unlock the bootloader, root, twrp etc.. Sim unlock is still being worked on.

Take a breath, drop the hype and read every single step before you even plug your phone into the PC.
      These steps assume you understand you lose all data on the device, are sim unlocked, have the Download mode drivers installed, adb and fastboot and your device powered OFF.

1) Download both of these archives and extract them to a folder you can locate. - https://mega.nz/#!289BVITR https://mega.nz/#!St1DiShb Mirror - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=294946

2) Open the MSM tool and uncheck the box next to SHA 256.

3) Hold both volume buttons for 5 seconds then plug in the USB cable. OR In ADB type "adb reboot edl".

4) Watch the MSM tool and the second it says *Connected* next to one of the COM ports, press START.

5) DO NOT unplug the device until after it says Success in green.

6) Once the phone boots into the system, go through all the setup options.

7) Enable Developer Options and enable OEM Unlocking.

8) Enter bootloader mode on your device and type "fastboot oem unlock".

You now have an unlocked international OP7.
      If you want to root and install twrp dont take the OTA yet.

-Follow these two threads below then take the OTA, do that after you root and twrp. You can preserve root by going into Magisk Manager after the OTA installs, then press the top Install button on the right and use the after OTA option.
      This will put you on the latest version with twrp, root and working sound/wifi.

1) Root - https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/guide-root-oneplus-7-pro-patched-boot-t3931205 by @acervenky

2) Twrp - https://forum.xda-developers.com/on...nt/recovery-unofficial-twrp-recovery-t3931322 by @mauronofrio

3) OTA zips - https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/oneplus-7-pro-global-repo-oxygen-os-t3930585 by @Titokhan

*Future proofing Update*
      Hot off the press. Here is a tool that will allow you to patch an ops file without having to download a new modified one every update.
      You can use this with a stock MSM or the modified one linked above. Must be run on an unmodified ops

Global
      EU
      China

1) Extract the Patcher into the same directory as your MSM tool and OPS firmware.
      2) Launch the Patcher as admin. Now select the ops you want to patch and check all the boxes under Patch Options and click Start.
      yhqBrcK.jpg

3) Once it finishes you will be able to flash the ops file from the stock MSM or the modded one above.

*TMobile Update*

The MSM tool/firmware for TMobile OP7Pro is now released.

You can find it on my other thread - HERE

Credit for this one also goes to @themustached.
      Guacamole decryption key - 836tI3vZa3ixi9487IpxNEw-I5RGT3QjJXmm0dGYLcI

Additional decryption key - ezLIQmIL9j7OQV1qcvJtof8M0pCHYY_nC9W4pDaw3is

~FAQ~
      ~Not fast enough to start flash
      If you press Start on the MSMTool it will "wait for device".
      Doing this will make the flash start right when the phone enters EDL.

~MSM is getting stuck on Param Preload or something similar.
      This can be caused by having old Oneplus L2 drivers from a different model installed.
      -Follow the steps up until MSM gets stuck. Open Device Manager, right click on the Qualcomm device under the COM section.
      Click Uninstall but do not check the box to delete the driver, then click Scan for Hardware changes. Now go to the folder you extracted the L2 driver to, right click the inf file and click Install.
      You should be able to use the MSM tool right away but may need to exit and re-open. Also restart back into EDL if needed.
      Dont worry about going back to Stock T-mo when needed.. We are working on that too.....

Everything is in the works. But like most anything else, it all takes time............
      We are still working on the patched MsmDownload Tool, so that we can fllash many more OPS files without having to have them hacked.. Right now, what we have is best work around..........

The MsmDownload Tool, I pretty much have it 80% patched, only problem now is, it skips the writing firmware for some reason. but all checks have been bypassed........

as you can see right here:

Code:
      MagicNumber=31983,MetadataVersion=2,CryptVersion=1,ProfileFirstSector=9997505,profilesize=92378,
      m_bIsPackImage=1
      Project Name: 18821
      Image Version: guacamole_21_O.07_190512
      Skip SHA256 Check: No
      HW CHK: Yes
      RF CHK: Yes
      PRJ CHK: Yes
      MDL CHK: Yes
      Tool version verified! (V4.0.88)
      project 18821 support boot mode feature
      project 18821 enable fuse
      [1] dwMajorVersion=6,dwMinorVersion=2,is_win7_system=0
      Device Arrival: \\?\USB#VID_05C6&PID_9008#5&218ab31a&0&1#{86e0d1e0-8089-11d0-9ce4-08003e301f73} 
      [1] Set device as UFS
      [1] [CSerialCommHelper] No data in buffer to be sent 0
      [1] UFS Inquiry Command Output: SAMSUNG KLUEG8UHDB-C2D1 0400
      [1] UFS info Vendor = samsung, TotalLogicalBlocks = 499892224
      [1] EmmcSizeInGB = 238.367188, TotalLogicalBlocks = 499892224
      [1] Memory size:
      [1] [Firehose] HwVersion = 21
      [1] [Firehose] RfVersion = 2
      [1] [Firehose] PrjVersion = 1
      [1] HANDSET_TYPE_256G:
      [1] SID 304 is enc
      [1] SID 304 is enc
      [1] Read ENC CF success (0)

but its late, and im taking a break for the night...................

Not to mention that all my testers gone since finding this workaround.. :) so any new testers that wanna help.. just jump on my telegram group located in my sig..
      Just want to clarify a few things up here:

1: You must be SIM unlocked before you convert, or you will still have a grayed out OEM Unlock, and at Current time There is no FIX for public use yet..
      But we do know how to get around that........... (Just to much work, still working on better way)

2: load up msmdownload tool, Says package not found, it means the OPS file isnt in the dir of the msmdownload tool..

3: People reported that after OTA update, and install of TWRP/Magisk, No WIFI (Not sure if been fixed or what.. This area is kinda gray for me)

4: Having issues with Connection to PC, make sure you have the Latest L2 Drivers installed, still issues, try another US cable and or port.......... If that fails, Another PC............

We are still working on the SIM unlock issues...... If your one of the unlucky few that converted with a SIM Locked, Well just wait.. it will be fixed soon enough.
      We already have a way to get around that, But its nothing that we are going public with at this time.. Its way to much work and very risky................
      and requires a modded msmdownload tool... So please just wait a bit.........

I hope this clarify some things.................