[GUIDE] How to convert TMobile OP7 to International.

Search This thread

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Would flashing international rom allow a tmobile oneplus 7 to support dual sim (with two IMEI numbers)? Thanks.
It allows support for dual sim but both slots have the same imei.....as long as you are not on the same PARENT networks (ie several mvno's like simple mobile, mint, etc all use t-mobile's network) it shouldn't be an issue....and t-mobile tends to be the most relaxed about both being on same network. You would also have to purchase a dual sim tray ($5 or so) from ebay or elsewhere as t-mobile has a single sim tray. I've converted two because the difference in price on swappa to purchase a used one was about $150 between the t-mobile version(GM1915) and the true international(GM1917). (see Devices listed in signature below)

Last edited:

jensenchen68

Nov 6, 2012
It allows support for dual sim but both slots have the same imei.....as long as you are not on the same PARENT networks (ie several mvno's like simple mobile, mint, etc all use t-mobile's network) it shouldn't be an issue....and t-mobile tends to be the most relaxed about both being on same network. You would also have to purchase a dual sim tray ($5 or so) from ebay or elsewhere as t-mobile has a single sim tray. I've converted two because the difference in price on swappa to purchase a used one was about $150 between the t-mobile version(GM1915) and the true international(GM1917). (see Devices listed in signature below)
Thanks very much for your help! It looks like the international rom may not work in my situation as both of my sims are from AT&T. Well, it looks like I have to keep my oneplus 6. Many thanks!

lightrules

Aug 5, 2020
Anyone know if Android 11 can be safely installed now without all the problems on the GM1915 version of this international ROM? Mine went berzerk doing Android 11 and now I'm stuck on some Beta version Android 10 because I am afraid to go back to Android 11. If anyone knows please share.

EDIT: Also, I am being prompted to "update" to "OP7Pro_02_BETA_5". Should I do it?

Last edited:

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Anyone know if Android 11 can be safely installed now without all the problems on the GM1915 version of this international ROM? Mine went berzerk doing Android 11 and now I'm stuck on some Beta version Android 10 because I am afraid to go back to Android 11. If anyone knows please share.

EDIT: Also, I am being prompted to "update" to "OP7Pro_02_BETA_5". Should I do it?
If you're referring to your screen getting resized all the time, setting the display to always run at 60hz helped when I had my 1915

sudozeus

Dec 5, 2020
OnePlus 7 Pro
Mine - worked like a charm!
I bought T-Mobile unlocked OP7P on eBay.
I live in Ukraine, so I don't need any of those T-mobile features.
I need an international one.
And now - It's pure and clean.
Thanks a million!
BTW, if you still need this firmware fast, here's another link:
From my GDrive:
THANK YOU ! My download has been failing from the androidfilehost.com. your the best :)

sudozeus

Dec 5, 2020
OnePlus 7 Pro
There are several different posts about the T-Mobile device with different information. The whole purpose of converting to international was to bypass the wait time to carrier unlock the phone. If you just want root and the phone you bought is already carrier unlocked, all you need to do is unlock the bootloader and flash a patched boot image. There is no need to convert to international unless you are using it with a different carrier or something.
I am attempting to unlock my bootloader. i did the first steps to this guide successfully however when the device rebooted and setup was complete i still could not select oem unlock in dev options. fastboot oem unlock also failed. Any ideas? Im trying to unlock bootloader so i can install custom rom like lineageOS.

lectricas

Dec 14, 2011
So, do you guys updated to 11.0.2.1 firmware? I have issues with 90hz and QHD resolution.
Blackscreen or zoom in locked screen. Any ideas how to fix this.
Really want that 90hz refresh rate

Reactions: Morgane3D

ewong3

May 28, 2015
just bought a gm1915 on oos11.0.1.3, with oem unlock and network unlocked, just wondered if one can just flash international as per non-TM phones given these parameters?

Morgane3D

Apr 19, 2013
Oued Romane
OnePlus 7 Pro
I have some problems with Android 11 after doing this guide.
I must stay in 60Hz, and FHD to use my phone.
Anyone had this problems ? can you send me build number after doing this method ? Please.
Thx.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all this is not my work I only tested theirs.
    Credit to @themustached for finding that a patched .ops was the solution.
    This guy doesn't even have the damn phone yet and did this for us so show some love. You can donate to him through paypal here - http://paypal.me/dustinwann
    Also @Eliminater74 @jkyoho and others for their hard work and dedication to this conversion.

Disclaimer: I do not take responsibility for any damage done to your device by using this procedure. Everyone has problems sometimes so be civil and ask clear questions explaining where you failed if you expect help.
    These instructions will convert your TMOBILE Oneplus 7 PRO to the International version of the phone.
    This lets you unlock the bootloader, root, twrp etc.. Sim unlock is still being worked on.

Take a breath, drop the hype and read every single step before you even plug your phone into the PC.
    These steps assume you understand you lose all data on the device, are sim unlocked, have the Download mode drivers installed, adb and fastboot and your device powered OFF.

1) Download both of these archives and extract them to a folder you can locate. - https://mega.nz/#!289BVITR https://mega.nz/#!St1DiShb Mirror - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=294946

2) Open the MSM tool and uncheck the box next to SHA 256.

3) Hold both volume buttons for 5 seconds then plug in the USB cable. OR In ADB type "adb reboot edl".

4) Watch the MSM tool and the second it says *Connected* next to one of the COM ports, press START.

5) DO NOT unplug the device until after it says Success in green.

6) Once the phone boots into the system, go through all the setup options.

7) Enable Developer Options and enable OEM Unlocking.

8) Enter bootloader mode on your device and type "fastboot oem unlock".

You now have an unlocked international OP7.
    If you want to root and install twrp dont take the OTA yet.

-Follow these two threads below then take the OTA, do that after you root and twrp. You can preserve root by going into Magisk Manager after the OTA installs, then press the top Install button on the right and use the after OTA option.
    This will put you on the latest version with twrp, root and working sound/wifi.

1) Root - https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/guide-root-oneplus-7-pro-patched-boot-t3931205 by @acervenky

2) Twrp - https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-7-pro/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-recovery-t3931322 by @mauronofrio

3) OTA zips - https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-7-pro/how-to/oneplus-7-pro-global-repo-oxygen-os-t3930585 by @Titokhan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *Future proofing Update*
    Hot off the press. Here is a tool that will allow you to patch an ops file without having to download a new modified one every update.
    You can use this with a stock MSM or the modified one linked above. Must be run on an unmodified ops

Global
    EU
    China

1) Extract the Patcher into the same directory as your MSM tool and OPS firmware.
    2) Launch the Patcher as admin. Now select the ops you want to patch and check all the boxes under Patch Options and click Start.
    yhqBrcK.jpg

3) Once it finishes you will be able to flash the ops file from the stock MSM or the modded one above.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *TMobile Update*

The MSM tool/firmware for TMobile OP7Pro is now released.

You can find it on my other thread - HERE

Credit for this one also goes to @themustached.
    Guacamole decryption key - 836tI3vZa3ixi9487IpxNEw-I5RGT3QjJXmm0dGYLcI

Additional decryption key - ezLIQmIL9j7OQV1qcvJtof8M0pCHYY_nC9W4pDaw3is

~FAQ~
    ~Not fast enough to start flash
    If you press Start on the MSMTool it will "wait for device".
    Doing this will make the flash start right when the phone enters EDL.

~MSM is getting stuck on Param Preload or something similar.
    This can be caused by having old Oneplus L2 drivers from a different model installed.
    -Follow the steps up until MSM gets stuck. Open Device Manager, right click on the Qualcomm device under the COM section.
    Click Uninstall but do not check the box to delete the driver, then click Scan for Hardware changes. Now go to the folder you extracted the L2 driver to, right click the inf file and click Install.
    You should be able to use the MSM tool right away but may need to exit and re-open. Also restart back into EDL if needed.
    Dont worry about going back to Stock T-mo when needed.. We are working on that too.....

Everything is in the works. But like most anything else, it all takes time............
    We are still working on the patched MsmDownload Tool, so that we can fllash many more OPS files without having to have them hacked.. Right now, what we have is best work around..........

The MsmDownload Tool, I pretty much have it 80% patched, only problem now is, it skips the writing firmware for some reason. but all checks have been bypassed........

as you can see right here:

Code:
    MagicNumber=31983,MetadataVersion=2,CryptVersion=1,ProfileFirstSector=9997505,profilesize=92378,
    m_bIsPackImage=1
    Project Name: 18821
    Image Version: guacamole_21_O.07_190512
    Skip SHA256 Check: No
    HW CHK: Yes
    RF CHK: Yes
    PRJ CHK: Yes
    MDL CHK: Yes
    Tool version verified! (V4.0.88)
    project 18821 support boot mode feature
    project 18821 enable fuse
    [1] dwMajorVersion=6,dwMinorVersion=2,is_win7_system=0
    Device Arrival: \\?\USB#VID_05C6&PID_9008#5&218ab31a&0&1#{86e0d1e0-8089-11d0-9ce4-08003e301f73} 
    [1] Set device as UFS
    [1] [CSerialCommHelper] No data in buffer to be sent 0
    [1] UFS Inquiry Command Output: SAMSUNG KLUEG8UHDB-C2D1 0400
    [1] UFS info Vendor = samsung, TotalLogicalBlocks = 499892224
    [1] EmmcSizeInGB = 238.367188, TotalLogicalBlocks = 499892224
    [1] Memory size:
    [1] [Firehose] HwVersion = 21
    [1] [Firehose] RfVersion = 2
    [1] [Firehose] PrjVersion = 1
    [1] HANDSET_TYPE_256G:
    [1] SID 304 is enc
    [1] SID 304 is enc
    [1] Read ENC CF success (0)

but its late, and im taking a break for the night...................

Not to mention that all my testers gone since finding this workaround.. :) so any new testers that wanna help.. just jump on my telegram group located in my sig..
    Just want to clarify a few things up here:

1: You must be SIM unlocked before you convert, or you will still have a grayed out OEM Unlock, and at Current time There is no FIX for public use yet..
    But we do know how to get around that........... (Just to much work, still working on better way)

2: load up msmdownload tool, Says package not found, it means the OPS file isnt in the dir of the msmdownload tool..

3: People reported that after OTA update, and install of TWRP/Magisk, No WIFI (Not sure if been fixed or what.. This area is kinda gray for me)

4: Having issues with Connection to PC, make sure you have the Latest L2 Drivers installed, still issues, try another US cable and or port.......... If that fails, Another PC............

We are still working on the SIM unlock issues...... If your one of the unlucky few that converted with a SIM Locked, Well just wait.. it will be fixed soon enough.
    We already have a way to get around that, But its nothing that we are going public with at this time.. Its way to much work and very risky................
    and requires a modded msmdownload tool... So please just wait a bit.........

I hope this clarify some things.................