2. change sku to WW
3. flash lk WW.

if u want use Chinese rom.
1. flash to CN rom.
2. change SKU to WW
3. flash lk CN

that it, it worked for me.

i own device with SKU ID (indonesia)

its can use global rom, or chinese rom, and can ota update without a problem.
Gan pas saya mau flash ko ada bacaan verified boot img ? Tolong dibantu gan

bx2nero

Apr 22, 2015
Unlike previously released Qualcomm based Nokia phones, Nokia X5 uses MediaTek Helio P60 processor.
However, unlike Nokia 3, it no longer uses authentication file, this will make unbrick easier.
After you read the full guide, you should understand how to unbrick your phone.
This guide should work on both 64-bit Linux distro and Windows operating system.

And this guide is simplified than previous guide to ensure your phone will get newer updates.

What you need to have:
- MTK Smart Phone Flash Tool, which you can download from https://spflashtool.com/download/
- Android Platform Tools
- For Windows users, patched OST LA: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n91aYT9Di6_v4F3Wjlv8TjfeLc64AcYA and MediaTek USB Port driver, which is easy to find
- Nokia X5 Chinese firmware and Global conversion firmware: https://tpedutw-my.sharepoint.com/:...dFks--5G6V4vYBGTwLw1BsthbtIuJqMUN3tQ?e=wOfytH

Part 1: DO FULL BACKUP
Because few critical partitions are included in this backup, this will ensure you can restore them.
Download "PDA-1100-0-00WW-B01_unpacked.7z" and extract it.

Open Smart Phone Flash Tool, choose the Download Agent file and Scatter File in the unpacked PDA-1100 firmware.

DO NOT USE DOWNLOAD AGENT FROM THE FLASH TOOL ITSELF!
image1-1.png

Then pick "Readback" tab, add a category.
image2-1.png

Double click this category, and choose the location you want to save the backup.
Use any text editor to open the scatter file, and find "userdata". You'll need the start address of userdata as the length of the full backup.
image3-1.png

image4-1.png

image5-1.png

After it properly set, click "Read Back", then power off your phone and connect your phone to PC with both volume keys pressed and holded.
When you see a progress bar moving, you can release both keys and wait for the procedure complete.
image6-1.png

Disconnect your phone when procedure completed.

Part 2: Flash PDA-1100 global firmware
Return to download tab, choose "Firmware Upgrade" in the download options, click "Download", then power off your phone and connect your phone to PC with both volume keys pressed and holded.
When you see a progress bar moving, you can release both keys and wait for the procedure complete.

Part 3: Modify SKUID and flash lk
Trigger your phone to Fastboot mode.
You can type this command then connect your powered off phone:

Code:
.\fastboot reboot-bootloader

Type this command to confirm your phone's Serial Number, in this example the serial number is PDAGAM0123456789:
Code:
PDAGAM0123456789	fastboot

Google a website to calculate the md5 checksum of the serial number, for example, the md5 checksum of PDAGAM0123456789 is bb1bfc95418f51dc906462554d71313a.

Now type following command to grant service permission:
Code:
.\fastboot --set-active=a
.\fastboot oem dm-verity (your_md5_checksum)

In this example:
Code:
.\fastboot oem dm-verity bb1bfc95418f51dc906462554d71313a

Type following commands to confirm and modify SKUID. Following commands are case sensitive:
Code:
.\fastboot oem CustomerSKUID get
.\fastboot oem CustomerSKUID set 600WW

Type following commands to reflash stock lk and reboot:
Code:
.\fastboot flash lk_a G:\PDA-1100-0-00WW-B01_unpacked\PDA-0-1100-00WW-lk.img
.\fastboot reboot

Part 4: Install PDA-209B update manually.
Download this package, and rename it to "PDA-209B-0-00WW-B06-update.zip", place it to root directory of internal storage and dial *#*#874#*#* to update.
https://android.googleapis.com/pack.../b1ebc1be5c4b01109fc3c4dea515e8286904fad0.zip

Old ota packages:
https://tpedutw-my.sharepoint.com/:...hBsIjYfYvl9dsBMabfvVPHJU5mJloVo2qIKw?e=TexpIz

That's it.
Is it bootloader unlockable? Still finding out.

Special thanks to:
@blackpanther0582 for PDA-021G firmware
givemerom for PDA-1100 firmware
Someone for Nokia 5.1 Plus firmware dumping
Someone for Nokia X5 device testing

Help i did as everything said exactly but after flashing the stock rom through sp flash tool , my phone is not booting , nothing not taking charge ,no boot logo, but can be read as mtk6xx preloader device help i wanted to downgrade and i cant go outside due to lockdown

bx2nero

Apr 22, 2015
You are hard bricked, you did something wrong, now contact me at hangouts, i will help you restore i sent you PM

I tried to downgrade now my phones not booting , i did exactly said but after flashing stock rom , its not booting anymore , nothing happening plzz help me to fix it.

Axel_13

May 24, 2020
unbrick nokia 5.1 plus

i accidentally used " DOWNLOAD AGENT" from the flash tool which bricked my Nokia 5.1 plus(global version).
i am following this guide starting from part 2. Now, i got the firmware flashed succesfully. but phone is not booting up,it shows "no command".it can be booted to fastboot mode.
do i need to follow part 3(Modify SKUID and flash lk)?or, do something else? :confused:

bx2nero

Apr 22, 2015
i accidentally used " DOWNLOAD AGENT" from the flash tool which bricked my Nokia 5.1 plus(global version).
i am following this guide starting from part 2. Now, i got the firmware flashed succesfully. but phone is not booting up,it shows "no command".it can be booted to fastboot mode.
do i need to follow part 3(Modify SKUID and flash lk)?or, do something else? :confused:
Do you have global variant or Chinese variant of the phone .

Axel_13

May 24, 2020
Do you have global variant or Chinese variant of the phone .

Global variant.
I was actually following your guide of downgrading Nokia 5.1 plus.but mistakenly i used "DOWNLOAD AGENT" of the SP flash tool,due to which my device got bricked.
After following part 2 of this guide, i can boot it to recovery and fastboot mode.
Should i proceed to part 3?or do something else,to get my device working?
Thanks in advance! :cowboy:

Last edited:

bx2nero

Apr 22, 2015
Global variant.
I was actually following your guide of downgrading Nokia 5.1 plus.but mistakenly i used "DOWNLOAD AGENT" of the SP flash tool,due to which my device got bricked.
After following part 2 of this guide, i can boot it to recovery and fastboot mode.
Should i proceed to part 3?or do something else,to get my device working?
Thanks in advance! :cowboy:
Have you done the backup "Readback" step?

Axel_13

May 24, 2020
Good ..now head over to my downgrade thread and continue from step 4 and read the instructions carefully.
unable to put my phone in fastboot mode.i tried "reboot to bootloader" from recovery menu,but the phone rebooted,showed "android one" logo then "no command" screen.
i also tried booting to fastboot mode using cmd (.\fastboot reboot-bootloader),then connected the powe off phone.
but the result was same. :mad:
without fastboot mode, i cant set partition a active.
please advice!:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlike previously released Qualcomm based Nokia phones, Nokia X5 uses MediaTek Helio P60 processor.
    However, unlike Nokia 3, it no longer uses authentication file, this will make unbrick easier.
    This guide should work on both 64-bit Linux distro and Windows operating system.

And this guide is simplified than previous guide to ensure your phone will get newer updates.

What you need to have:
    - MTK Smart Phone Flash Tool, which you can download from https://spflashtool.com/download/
    - Android Platform Tools
    - For Windows users, patched OST LA: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n91aYT9Di6_v4F3Wjlv8TjfeLc64AcYA and MediaTek USB Port driver, which is easy to find
    - Nokia X5 Chinese firmware and Global conversion firmware: https://fih-firmware.hikaricalyx.com/fihsw_en.html

Because few critical partitions are included in this backup, this will ensure you can restore them.
    Download "PDA-114A-0-00WW-B01" and extract it.

Open Smart Phone Flash Tool, choose the Download Agent file and Scatter File in the unpacked PDA-1100 firmware.

image1-1.png

image2-1.png

Double click this category, and choose the location you want to save the backup.
    Use any text editor to open the scatter file, and find "userdata". You'll need the start address of userdata as the length of the full backup.
    image3-1.png

image4-1.png

image5-1.png

After it properly set, click "Read Back", then power off your phone and connect your phone to PC with both volume keys pressed and holded.
    image6-1.png

Return to download tab, choose "Firmware Upgrade" in the download options, click "Download", then power off your phone and connect your phone to PC with both volume keys pressed and holded.

If you just want to unbrick it as Chinese firmware, double click the Location of "lk_a", and choose "PDA-0-102A-00CN-lk.img" before you "Download", or you will unable to install later OTA updates.

Because it flashes service lk by default.

Note: If you're using fastboot included in OST LA, use .\fastboot-android instead of .\fastboot
    Code:

Type this command to confirm your phone's Serial Number, in this example the serial number is PDAGAM0123456789:
    Code:
    PDAGAM0123456789    fastboot

Google a website to calculate the md5 checksum of the serial number, for example, the md5 checksum of PDAGAM0123456789 is bb1bfc95418f51dc906462554d71313a.

Code:

In this example:
    Code:

Type following commands to confirm and modify SKUID. Following commands are case sensitive:
    Code:

Code:
    .\fastboot flash lk_a G:\PDA-114A-0-00WW-B01_unpacked\PDA-0-114A-00WW-lk.img
    .\fastboot reboot

Part 4: Install PDA-209B update manually.
    Download this package, and rename it to "PDA-209B-0-00WW-B06-update.zip", place it to root directory of internal storage and dial *#*#874#*#* to update.
    https://android.googleapis.com/pack.../b1ebc1be5c4b01109fc3c4dea515e8286904fad0.zip

Old ota packages:
    https://tpedutw-my.sharepoint.com/:...hBsIjYfYvl9dsBMabfvVPHJU5mJloVo2qIKw?e=TexpIz

That's it.

Special thanks to:
    Thank you for sharing this tutorial. But how to unlock Nokia x5 bootloader? It needs unlocked bootloader right?

Nope, bootloader unlock is not required.
    You can just convert your phone, that's it.
    4GB RAM/64GB storage

will this work with 4GB/64GB version?

What you need to have:
    - Android Platform Tools
    - Nokia X5 Chinese firmware and Global conversion firmware: https://tpedutw-my.sharepoint.com/:...dFks--5G6V4vYBGTwLw1BsthbtIuJqMUN3tQ?e=wOfytH

Download "PDA-1100-0-00WW-B01_unpacked.7z" and extract it.

image1-1.png

image2-1.png

image3-1.png

image4-1.png

image5-1.png

image6-1.png

Code:

Code:
    PDAGAM0123456789	fastboot

Code:

In this example:
    Code:

Code:

Code:
    .\fastboot flash lk_a G:\PDA-1100-0-00WW-B01_unpacked\PDA-0-1100-00WW-lk.img
    .\fastboot reboot

Part 4: Install PDA-114A update manually.
    Download the update package "PDA-114A-0-00WW-B03-1100-0-00WW-B01-update.zip", copy it to root directory of internal storage, then dial *#*#874#*#* to update.

This can be downloaded from here:

That's it.

Special thanks to:

how to go back to nokia x5
    hi.. i had global version Nokia 5.1 Plus, can i flash it with chinese rom ?

Yes you can, but you need to unpack PDA-102A-0-00CN-B07.nb0 and follow the guide, but change the SKUID to 600CN instead of 600WW.
    And you need to flash a different lk file which you'll find out.

Use this tool to unpack nb0: https://xdaforums.com/android/general/nb0-unpacker-packer-tool-t3699464