Special Thanks to -
Who is this tutorial for?
Tools Required : (Update them manually and report me dead links please)
- Java JDK FROM HERE OR JAVA.SUN.COM - FOR INSTALLING CYWIGN
- Cywign Direct Download- Linux Terminal For Windows
- Android Kitchen (ROM Development Tool)- For Cooking custom ROM and many more things, Please update this Kitchen to latest version when available.
- Demo META-INF Folder Download- For Making Flashable zip files and comparing updater script.
- Custom Booting.zip - for custom boot animation
- notepad++ - for editing files like build.prop, updaterscript
- MOST IMPORTANT TOOL YOUR BRAIN... AND ALSO LOTS OF TIME... [DOWNLOAD LINK NOT AVAILABLE...lol]
Step one: Installing the JAVA JDK, Cygwin and Setting up the Kitchen.
*Before you do anything install the java jdk*
Try this Dsixda Kitchen Install Picture Tutor(recommended)
watch this video tutorial by gitagaire for how to setup cygwin and kitchen(recommended)
- Download and extract the cygwin_packages.zip
- Run the set up(make sure there is no previous cygwin installation)
- when it shows all the package names, go to the top and select "all default" until it changes to "all install" (you must click on the arrows)
- Download the kitchen from above. Then, extract the kitchen's .zip file to a folder under your home account. Rename the dsixda-android-kitchen-*** folder to just "kitchen". In Cygwin, this folder would depend on what was set for your Cygwin install directory, e.g. C:\cygwin\home\John\kitchen
NOTE!! If your user folder contains spaces (e.g. C:\cygwin\home\John Smith\kitchen), then the kitchen will not function properly. Instead, copy it under C:\cygwin\home\kitchen.
- Now your ready to run the kitchen type:
those who have their kitchen like this C:\cygwin\home\John\kitchen use these commands given below.