[GUIDE] [how to] CREATE OWN ROM [FOR ANY ANDROID DEVICE] [FOR N00B] [EASIEST METHODS]

rendrop

Mar 21, 2017
Bogor
Reprogramming Hardware Keys in Kernel Level

I want to reprogram my Sony Xperia M2 hardware keys (the power button is broken)
How can I do this in kernel level?
I want to reprogram my camera button to be power button.

saopacic

Feb 21, 2008
Soten T71 MT6589 CPU

I've got a few of these tablest with original 4.2.2 KitKat and quad core cpu. I also got Scatter file for it and can flash it using SPF. I was wondering could I replace system.img file with android version 5.0 or agove? Need higher android so I can get full use of flash .

Also, any advice on how to cook a rom 5.0 or above for MT6589 is welcomed

ochena ojana

Oct 27, 2019
Dhaka
1st for rom you will use as base, get permission of its developers before doing it...
2nd the setup wizard you are talking about(i guess where we have to touch android) is by app in system/app named SetupWizard.apk but i think you should not delete it. it also controls few other things.
3rd replace/delete app you know about...(system/app)
4th i don't know much about preloaded settings... all i know is you will need to edit smali files of apk....
is there any wrong with using this one downloadeble mata file for all device ?
i have backuped system folder with es without root, any problem will be?

ochena ojana

Oct 27, 2019
Dhaka
@lokeshsaini94
Adding/removing applications
1. Go to the working folder where you extracted your rom, inside you will find:
OR
2. Then go to "system/app" inside this folder you will find all the rom applications(apks) you may also find some in the data folder if your rom has this folder.
3. Copy, replace, and change any app(apk) be carefull if you dont know what the apk is do not delete!!
LIST OF APPS YOU CAN DELETE - HERE OR HERE
If you can not find some apps in this guide then try opening all those app in your phone and see app name and icon or move those apps from system/app to sdcard and see what is not working...
there are folders for every apk with a folder named "arm" containing an odex file. how can i add a new apk(how to build an odex or can i done without it)?

can i replace system apps with it's update to update my Android version?

Last edited:

BlackArmy_12

Mar 29, 2019
Please help,how to change Icon Grid on Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime G530H with OS Touchwiz Lollipop( Nameless J5 Rom) the icon is too small and the grid is 5x5 i want to make it to 4x5,anyone know???

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Please help,how to change Icon Grid on Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime G530H with OS Touchwiz Lollipop( Nameless J5 Rom) the icon is too small and the grid is 5x5 i want to make it to 4x5,anyone know???
Building a rom for that would be overkill. You would probably be best either to ask your question in a device specific thread/forum OR simply switch your Launcher application to one that has the feature already built.

schmirrwurst

Apr 13, 2020
Sponsoring a rom from a real dev

Is there a way to find a developper to make a lineage ROM for my device ?
I've not the skills and the time to do it, but I would sponsor somebody, that could do the job and give it back for the community... Any Idea how to do it, who could do it ?

Reactions: Tigerevo

silac1337

Apr 18, 2019
Help anyone please ?

Guys I have an archos 50c neon and I need anyone to help me and port a ROM for my device I don't have enough money to buy a new phone and my archos got a lot or problems so please help me i dont have access to a computer ??

Last edited: