I think it is hard-coded into the device as it runs before the kernel does. I don't think it's possible but hey...
1st for rom you will use as base, get permission of its developers before doing it...
2nd the setup wizard you are talking about(i guess where we have to touch android) is by app in system/app named SetupWizard.apk but i think you should not delete it. it also controls few other things.
3rd replace/delete app you know about...(system/app)
4th i don't know much about preloaded settings... all i know is you will need to edit smali files of apk....
1. Go to the working folder where you extracted your rom, inside you will find:
2. Then go to "system/app" inside this folder you will find all the rom applications(apks) you may also find some in the data folder if your rom has this folder.
3. Copy, replace, and change any app(apk) be carefull if you dont know what the apk is do not delete!!
LIST OF APPS YOU CAN DELETE - HERE OR HERE
If you can not find some apps in this guide then try opening all those app in your phone and see app name and icon or move those apps from system/app to sdcard and see what is not working...
Building a rom for that would be overkill. You would probably be best either to ask your question in a device specific thread/forum OR simply switch your Launcher application to one that has the feature already built.
- Java JDK FROM HERE OR JAVA.SUN.COM - FOR INSTALLING CYWIGN
- Cywign Direct Download- Linux Terminal For Windows
- Android Kitchen (ROM Development Tool)- For Cooking custom ROM and many more things, Please update this Kitchen to latest version when available.
- Demo META-INF Folder Download- For Making Flashable zip files and comparing updater script.
- Custom Booting.zip - for custom boot animation
- notepad++ - for editing files like build.prop, updaterscript
- MOST IMPORTANT TOOL YOUR BRAIN... AND ALSO LOTS OF TIME... [DOWNLOAD LINK NOT AVAILABLE...lol]
Try this Dsixda Kitchen Install Picture Tutor(recommended)
watch this video tutorial by gitagaire for how to setup cygwin and kitchen(recommended)
those who have their kitchen like this C:\cygwin\home\John\kitchen use these commands given below.
those who have their kitchen like this C:\cygwin\home\kitchen use these commands given below.
now convert update script to updater script(in option 23)
ui_print("Put your text in HERE");
assert(package_extract_file("boot.img", "/tmp/boot.img"), write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p8"), delete("/tmp/boot.img"));
cygwin folder/home/your user name/kitchen
cd kitchen(enter) ./menu(enter)
This will copy all your /system folder to your SDcard with name System.tar
If it dont have semc folder no need to worry.
1. getting stock boot.img from stock rom.
extract your stock rom with winrar or 7zip. you will see boot.img there. copy it to working folder
2. getting custom boot.img from custom kernel.
THERE ARE TWO BEST TOOLS FOR EDITING .APK FILES
[*]Editing .JAR Files
[*]THEMEING .apk FILE
HERE IS A AWESOME TUTORIAL BY Andrewtst FOR THEMEING ANY .apk FILE.
for porting themes:
1. download and extract theme you want to port.
2. open both apk(base and port) in 7zip/winrar
3. drag and replace png files with same name
this works with only png files not with xml and others
FOR THEMING YOUR ROM YOU CAN EDIT framework-res.apk AND GET MANY COOL THINGS
LIKE you can change smiles, default wallpaper, default lockscreen wallpaper, add 14 toggle mod and many cool things...
for that use Framework Flasher or apktools or any other tool and do changes manually.
CHECK THIS GUIDE BY dully79 TO KNOW WHICH FILES YOU CAN MODIFY AND HOW.
HERE ARE FEW MORE COOL GUIDES -
ICS Style 'Settings.apk' BY balamu96m
Implement Swipe to Remove Notification BY hansip87
add customizable 14 statusbar toggle buttons for samsung ROM BY lidroid
FOR MORE SEARCH MORE...
1. open /system/usr/keylayout/[phone model]-keypad.kl with notepad++
(Some phone may have different names, but it will always end with "keypad.kl)
it will look like this --Code:
# Copyright (c) 2011, Code Aurora Forum. # # Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); # you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. # You may obtain a copy of the License at # # [url]http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0[/url] # # Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software # distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, # WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. # See the License for the specific language governing permissions and # limitations under the License. # # key 2 1 key 3 2 key 4 3 key 5 4 key 6 5 key 7 6 key 8 7 key 9 8 key 10 9 key 11 0 key 158 BACK WAKE_DROPPED key 230 HOME WAKE key 60 SOFT_RIGHT WAKE key 62 ENDCALL WAKE_DROPPED key 229 MENU WAKE_DROPPED key 59 MENU WAKE_DROPPED key 139 MENU WAKE_DROPPED key 228 POUND key 227 STAR key 231 CALL WAKE_DROPPED key 61 CALL WAKE_DROPPED key 232 DPAD_CENTER WAKE_DROPPED key 108 DPAD_DOWN WAKE_DROPPED key 103 DPAD_UP WAKE_DROPPED key 102 ENDCALL WAKE_DROPPED key 105 DPAD_LEFT WAKE_DROPPED key 106 DPAD_RIGHT WAKE_DROPPED key 115 VOLUME_UP WAKE key 114 VOLUME_DOWN WAKE key 212 SLASH key 213 DEL WAKE_DROPPED key 355 DEL WAKE_DROPPED key 16 Q key 17 W key 18 E key 19 R key 20 T key 21 Y key 22 U key 23 I key 24 O key 25 P key 30 A key 31 S key 32 D key 33 F key 34 G key 35 H key 36 J key 37 K key 38 L key 14 DEL key 44 Z key 45 X key 46 C key 47 V key 48 B key 49 N key 50 M key 51 COMMA key 52 PERIOD key 28 ENTER key 56 ALT_LEFT key 42 SHIFT_LEFT key 215 AT key 57 SPACE key 53 SLASH key 127 SYM key 100 ALT_RIGHT key 399 GRAVE
HERE YOU WILL FIND 3 ROWS...
1. As you can see, there are different attributes assigned to each key. like this
key 102 HOME key 139 MENU key 158 BACK key 115 VOLUME_UP key 114 VOLUME_DOWN
2. Specific application/action launchers:
HOME #Launches "Home" MENU #Launches "Menu" BACK #Takes you back to the last activity SEARCH #Launches "Universal Search" CALL #Launches the "Phone" activity and corresponding .apk or initiates a call ENDCALL #Ends a call CAMERA #Launches "Camera" activity and corresponding .apk FOCUS #Initiates Auto-Focus while using the Camera VOLUME_UP #Self explanatory VOLUME_DOWN #Self explanatory
3. And attributes saying if it should wake the phone at button push to complete the action, or if it should just complete the action without waking the screen.
WAKE #Completes the action without waking the screen WAKE_DROPPED #Wakes the phone to complete the action
2. NOW WE WILL EDIT SECOND AND/OR THIRD ROW
Erase the center row value for any key to completely disable it. To reassign the key, replace the center row value with another one from the same row. Change the right row value to either "WAKE" or blank to enable the wake function. Do not modify the left row.
NOTE: don't edit left row i.e. first row which contains specific key identity number.
FOR EXAMPLE I DO THESE CHANGES
DEFAULT VALUES ---
key 115 VOLUME_UP WAKE key 114 VOLUME_DOWN WAKE
CHANGED VALUES ---
key 115 CAMERA WAKE key 114 FOCUS WAKE
NOW VOLUME UP KEY WILL WORK AS CAMERA KEY AND VOLUME DOWN KEY WILL WORK AS FOCUS KEY....
NOTE: all words should be in BOLD letters i.e. capital letters...