[GUIDE] How to Downgrade / Unbrick /Flash Stock Firmware Nokia 5.1 Plus.

Search This thread

RKM3009

Apr 16, 2016
Hi question to the op if i downgrade to Oreo will i able to unlock the bootloader by my self

ari.edgar13

Nov 1, 2020
Hello everybody!

First I want to thank you for posting this guide for all of us. It has helped a lot of people, good job.

Second, i think i bricked my phone and now it won't turn on haha....

So here's what i did:

I followed the guide step by step all the way through, up to step 5. But then when i try to reboot it restarts but my phone only showed a black screen, turned on, but with a black screen. Nonetheless it ringed with Nokia's startup tune, but then it kinds of restart again and so on.

So after that I thought that by changing the partitions from a to b, it would get back to android 10 and start the normal boot process (i messed up here) but it didn't.

After that my phone won't even turn on. BUT I followed a guide to "unbrick" my phone by installing the global firmware (GUIDE How to Convert your Nokia X5 to Global Nokia 5.1 Plus / Unbrick Guide) on this same forum. By doing this i installed in both partitions (a/b) the firmware and I used the firmware opcion instead of the download only option. But my phone still won't turn on.

Here are some details:
- Phone won't turn on and doesn't detect my phone on flash tools CMD.
- After giving the command "flashboot devices" it reads "waiting for any device". NOTE THAT WHEN I FACED THE BLACK SCREEN/RESTART-LOOP ISSUE MY DEVICE WAS DETECTED BY FLASH TOOLS. That's where i changed the partitions in my phone from a to b and eventually bricked.
- Right now every time i connect my phone to my computer it's sounds like i'm connecting/disconnecting my phone (typical sound that pops when you connect or disconnect a USB Device.
- I actually can download Firmware to my phone, as I followed the proccess 2 times in the guide to "unbrick" my phone.

My phone initially had Android 10 August 5 Security update TA-1112. Global.

Please tell me if there is any hope i can restore my phone or should i consider to buy another.

Thank you in advance.

bx2nero

Apr 22, 2015
Hello everybody!

First I want to thank you for posting this guide for all of us. It has helped a lot of people, good job.

Second, i think i bricked my phone and now it won't turn on haha....

So here's what i did:

I followed the guide step by step all the way through, up to step 5. But then when i try to reboot it restarts but my phone only showed a black screen, turned on, but with a black screen. Nonetheless it ringed with Nokia's startup tune, but then it kinds of restart again and so on.

So after that I thought that by changing the partitions from a to b, it would get back to android 10 and start the normal boot process (i messed up here) but it didn't.

After that my phone won't even turn on. BUT I followed a guide to "unbrick" my phone by installing the global firmware (GUIDE How to Convert your Nokia X5 to Global Nokia 5.1 Plus / Unbrick Guide) on this same forum. By doing this i installed in both partitions (a/b) the firmware and I used the firmware opcion instead of the download only option. But my phone still won't turn on.

Here are some details:
- Phone won't turn on and doesn't detect my phone on flash tools CMD.
- After giving the command "flashboot devices" it reads "waiting for any device". NOTE THAT WHEN I FACED THE BLACK SCREEN/RESTART-LOOP ISSUE MY DEVICE WAS DETECTED BY FLASH TOOLS. That's where i changed the partitions in my phone from a to b and eventually bricked.
- Right now every time i connect my phone to my computer it's sounds like i'm connecting/disconnecting my phone (typical sound that pops when you connect or disconnect a USB Device.
- I actually can download Firmware to my phone, as I followed the proccess 2 times in the guide to "unbrick" my phone.

My phone initially had Android 10 August 5 Security update TA-1112. Global.

Please tell me if there is any hope i can restore my phone or should i consider to buy another.

Thank you in advance.

if you have followed all the steps properly then there should be no problems.
which build did you used 1100 or 214A??
you did the readback process and have the ROM_0 file ??

ari.edgar13

Nov 1, 2020
if you have followed all the steps properly then there should be no problems.
which build did you used 1100 or 214A??
you did the readback process and have the ROM_0 file ??

Initially I downgraded from 10 to Oreo, and at the end of the process i had a black screen and it would get stuck in a restart loop.

The last build i used (which is the one that should be in the phone right now) is the "PDA-1100-0-00WW-B01_unpacked". I used the firmware option in SP tool.

And yes, i did the readback process and i have the ROM_0 file.

bx2nero

Apr 22, 2015
Initially I downgraded from 10 to Oreo, and at the end of the process i had a black screen and it would get stuck in a restart loop.

The last build i used (which is the one that should be in the phone right now) is the "PDA-1100-0-00WW-B01_unpacked". I used the firmware option in SP tool.

And yes, i did the readback process and i have the ROM_0 file.

Flash 214A in firmware upgrade mode ..and wait If you see a Black screen because sometimes boot animation doesn't come up you will just see screen lighted up but it will be blank ..just wait for few minutes until you see welcome with initial setup.

ari.edgar13

Nov 1, 2020
Flash 214A in firmware upgrade mode ..and wait If you see a Black screen because sometimes boot animation doesn't come up you will just see screen lighted up but it will be blank ..just wait for few minutes until you see welcome with initial setup.

I did it, and there's no difference.

Apparently it loads the firmware into the phone (because the flash is done in both partitions a/b) but looks like it can't boot, like it's in a kind of loop, becuase my phone is in a loop of connecting/disconecting when i connect the phone in my PC through USB.

I'll share a video in youtube so you can see whats going on while i make the whole process.

bx2nero

Apr 22, 2015
I did it, and there's no difference.

Apparently it loads the firmware into the phone (because the flash is done in both partitions a/b) but looks like it can't boot, like it's in a kind of loop, becuase my phone is in a loop of connecting/disconecting when i connect the phone in my PC through USB.

I'll share a video in youtube so you can see whats going on while i make the whole process.
If you are device is automatically connecting and disconnecting the either the driver is not installed properly or try using different usb cable and make sure you are holding both volume buttons while connecting.

ari.edgar13

Nov 1, 2020
If you are device is automatically connecting and disconnecting the either the driver is not installed properly or try using different usb cable and make sure you are holding both volume buttons while connecting.

I already tried reinstalling the drivers but nothing has changed.
I do hold both volume buttons while doing the flashing. But my phone still does the same thing. Both the 214A and the 1100 firmwares results in the same issue after the flash is done.

Here's the video on youtube:

/watch?v=PySDC3FTY0I&feature=youtu.be (after dot com)

Last edited:

bx2nero

Apr 22, 2015
I already tried reinstalling the drivers but nothing has changed.
I do hold both volume buttons while doing the flashing. But my phone still does the same thing. Both the 214A and the 1100 firmwares results in the same issue after the flash is done.

Here's the video on youtube:

/watch?v=PySDC3FTY0I&feature=youtu.be (after dot com)

Contact me on telegram ... Link in profile.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This guide is for downgrading /Unbrick /Flash Stock Firmware Nokia 5.1 plus to Android Pie or Oreo.

This is STRICTLY for Global Nokia 5.1 plus variant NOT for Chinese variant Nokia X5. If you want to downgrade Chinese variant then follow this guide by hikari_calyx
    Guide For Chinese Variant (X5).

What you need ::

1.MTK- Smart Phone Flashing tool which can be downloaded here. (v5.1804) Download

2.Android platform tools and ADB and fastboot drivers . Download

3. MTK Port drivers , For windows only. Download

4.FIRMWARE -
    • Oreo - PDA-1100-0-00WW-B01_unpacked.7z from . Download
    • Pie - PDA-214A-0-00WW-B01.full.zip from here . Download

STEP 1 : Backup your important files from internal storage and remove all google accounts from your phone to prevent FRP lock.

STEP 2 : Install all drivers and files mentioned above and extract your desired Firmware .

STEP 3 : Create a full backup using SP Flash tool (must do).

Open Smart Phone Flash Tool, choose the Download Agent file and Scatter File from the unpacked firmware.
    DO NOT USE DOWNLOAD AGENT FROM THE FLASH TOOL ITSELF, USE ONLY THE ONE PROVIDED IN THE FIRMWARE.

Should look like this-
    Screenshot from 2021-01-31 12-59-17.png

TROUBLESHOOTING.

If you get this error

LIB-DA-not-match-error-min.png

Then go to options and disable "Check LIB DA Match".

1611928718706.png

Then move to "Readback" and tap on add and choose you location where you want save you backup after that you double click on the created readback section and you will see this :

Screenshot from 2021-01-31 13-03-28.png

Use any text editor to open the scatter file from extracted firmware , and find "userdata". You'll need the start address of userdata as the length of the full backup.
    Screenshot from 2021-01-31 13-04-07.png

And change the length from the address you found under "userdata" in scatter file like this and tap ok.

Screenshot from 2021-01-31 13-04-36.png

Click on "Readback" and the connect you phone in flashing mode with both volume button pressed and release upon the readback process starts ( you can see it in the lower progress bar).

Screenshot from 2021-01-31 13-06-54.png

STEP 4 : Upon completion of the readback process , close SP Flash tool and unplug you phone and trigger it to fastboot mode and change your Active partition to "a" by this command.
    Open cmd to use this command.

Code:
    fastboot --set-active=a

Screenshot from 2021-01-31 13-15-48.png

After this process completes , power off you phone .

STEP 5 : Flashing your firmware.
    Open SP Flash Tool and check that DA and Scatter is loaded from your extracted Firmware.
    Choose "DOWNLOAD ONLY" mode , not any other or you will loose important partitions.
    Then click on download and connect your phone in flashing mode by both volume button pressed and release upon the download process starts ( you can see it in the lower progress bar).

Screenshot from 2021-01-31 13-43-01.png

After its finished, it will show "Download OK" popup.

1f97e3897519622afb94d.png

Now just close SP Flash tool , unplug you phone and reboot.

Enjoy your downgraded/ Unbricked Nokia 5.1+.

Special thanks to :
    hikari_calyx for Firmware and solving all the errors.
    Someone , Someone and Someone for testing this guide.

Hit Thanks if it worked for you. :D
    Cant compltete the readback prccess what should i do?
    Which version of SP flash tool are you using ??
    I used the latest version. I'm going to try again with the recommended version. Thank you .
    Use Sp flash tool version 5.1804 or 5.1824.
    Read the instructions carefully ..
    How to backup using sp flashtool?
    You must backup your personal data and remove Google account before starting.
    The readback process is the backup process in SP flash tool.
    Alas, no mirror found:

https://tpedutw-my.sharepoint.com/:...dFks--5G6V4vYBGTwLw1BsthbtIuJqMUN3tQ?e=wOfytH

Try from here
    Make sure you download the file mentioned.
    PDA_214A_0_00WW_B01_full