[GUIDE] How to edit APN on unlocked Boost Mobile LG Stylo 2 LS775 (and others?)

Search This thread

mrw187

Jun 5, 2012
1 - Extract MAINROOT.zip to your adb folder.
2 - Open a Command Prompt as administrator in your adb folder.
3 - Type in step1.bat in command prompt and hit enter.
4 - You should now be in an adb shell prompt, type in run-as con and hit enter.
5 - You now have shell access and you can tweak the android system with these permissions but tweaking the barebones of the linux kernel will be impossible without a full root. Selinux is the culprit.
6 - You can use the package manager (pm) to block apps and settings command (settings) in this adb shell prompt to tweak the workings of android or use the activity manager to access the hidden sprint and lg menus to change APNs and tweak CDMA radio control.
7 - In the adb shell prompt type in pm list packages and hit enter.
8 - From the list of packages find one that has system activities we'd be looking to access and tweak such as com.lge.hiddenmenu.
9 - Type in dumpsys package com.lge.hiddenmenu and hit enter and in the list you will see activities which can be started, such as com.lge.hiddenmenu/.Power.TherDaeMitigation.
10 - Type in am start -n com.lge.hiddenmenu/.Power.TherDaeMitigation to start the activity.
11 - You'll want to disable thermal mitigation to boost the raw performance of the phone.
12 - Repeat steps 7 -10 to access any activity you find interesting and wish to tweak.
13 - Hint : am start -n com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu/.iot.IotHiddenMenuMain is a good one many people were hoping to access.

Thanks to @anthonykb. He was on ZV6 firmware version.

I no longer have a stylo 2 so I am limited in what help I can provide - I just asked @anthonykb for permission to post this guide here because I knew how much I wanted to do this when I did have it :D

This method may also work on other phones such as LG X Power (someone care to try?)

It also might open a path to find a way for permanent root for those on firmware higher than ZV3?...

Attachments

• MAINROOT.zip
    27.5 KB · Views: 4,266
Last edited:

diego0125

Jun 25, 2010
Maracaibo
should be able to yes if your boost phone is network unlocked.

Yes, i unlocked it with z3x but i cant add a new apn.

y3m37e1lk6xsfZoS89mXNfwhGG7PXVYye4W-1sGhy1danKCCpMdevOcalpQ9MTo4wkrRoCz9TCt9_17U4g9FCyZ8rnGAaxSXeHdVxZu4AQ51_gHKgoMBBerssRsXMwGccKUzjEAmBkmg4e6bjX0Q8X4qQtK3sqzEyISHm16bzqo1fM

dnatalia

Apr 5, 2014
Hi.
I'd appreciate your input on my situation - unlocked Boost LG ls775a on Android 7, Z8, - I have SPC code, I have access to h*n menu.

T-Mobile SIM - only LTE mode works. I can send SMS or browse internet, but regular call does not work. If I press call #, - the phone permanently attempts to call, no error, - you can switch to other apps. T-Mobile Fast APN.
I tried to turn on VoLTE RF in h*n menu, but no luck.
I believe the phone might be still configured to route calls thru CDMA (Boost legacy). Can you give me general approach on how to de-couple from CDMA or any other ideas to make regular calls work?

Also, if I switch from LTE mode, say, to GSM/WCDMA auto, - nothing works at all (no calls, no internet, SMS - not attempted).

Next, I tried FreedomPop SIM (for ATT). FreedomPop registers thru WiFi. Then I turn off WiFi. In LTE mode - no internet, no calls (in FreedomPop calls routed thru Internet) are possible.

I read somewhere on XDA forums, that ATT doesnt allow LTE if MIED is not registered with them, so not registered phones work on slower-than-LTE protocol/speeds. Other phone works with FreedomPop, H+ is displayed next to connection quality bars, and ATT is displayed as network. Does it mean I need WCDMA working on the phone, and it somehow doesnt work?

I have menu similar to this t=2022763

Reactions: blackflagfun

Artemij84jw

Jun 12, 2017
Edit APN

Hello. I'm from Ukraine. I need your help. I have a phone LG G Stylo LS770 android 6.0. In it, the network of the Ukrainian mobile operator is working, you can call. But the Internet does not work. The APN settings can not be changed. How can this be remedied? Thank you for the information.

blackflagfun

Jul 20, 2017
i got this

here maybe i can help u all Ive been racking my brain it looks like theirs a carrier app that unlocks it try t mobile unlock app now i was able to get one but every app is different for every phone and your unlock code may not work u may have to buy a few .........ehhhh here are some tips to leave type 5689#*775# like my ls775*model number# its the 775 so that's clear its not 2945....
i also seen there may be a way to root it with out hardware but software lg up and flashing involve but if any of this helps this thread keep going !!!! im happy but ive rooted every thing but this so please i have my codes just fine the right app or put in your 2 cents about it also !!!!!!!!!!!!oct or zv3 box is the way to go but hell im cheap and love a challenge !!!!!!!!!!!!!! its a flash hub for people that don't know i thought it was software and dude u can unlock apn settings with the 5689#*775#
and your codes but it will not unlock for carrier thers so much miss truth on here it boggeles my mine dont even talk about it unless its working now please lol jk!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: roadkill42

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1 - Extract MAINROOT.zip to your adb folder.
    2 - Open a Command Prompt as administrator in your adb folder.
    3 - Type in step1.bat in command prompt and hit enter.
    4 - You should now be in an adb shell prompt, type in run-as con and hit enter.
    5 - You now have shell access and you can tweak the android system with these permissions but tweaking the barebones of the linux kernel will be impossible without a full root. Selinux is the culprit.
    6 - You can use the package manager (pm) to block apps and settings command (settings) in this adb shell prompt to tweak the workings of android or use the activity manager to access the hidden sprint and lg menus to change APNs and tweak CDMA radio control.
    7 - In the adb shell prompt type in pm list packages and hit enter.
    8 - From the list of packages find one that has system activities we'd be looking to access and tweak such as com.lge.hiddenmenu.
    9 - Type in dumpsys package com.lge.hiddenmenu and hit enter and in the list you will see activities which can be started, such as com.lge.hiddenmenu/.Power.TherDaeMitigation.
    10 - Type in am start -n com.lge.hiddenmenu/.Power.TherDaeMitigation to start the activity.
    11 - You'll want to disable thermal mitigation to boost the raw performance of the phone.
    12 - Repeat steps 7 -10 to access any activity you find interesting and wish to tweak.
    13 - Hint : am start -n com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu/.iot.IotHiddenMenuMain is a good one many people were hoping to access.

Thanks to @anthonykb. He was on ZV6 firmware version.

I no longer have a stylo 2 so I am limited in what help I can provide - I just asked @anthonykb for permission to post this guide here because I knew how much I wanted to do this when I did have it :D

This method may also work on other phones such as LG X Power (someone care to try?)

It also might open a path to find a way for permanent root for those on firmware higher than ZV3?...
    Can i add GSM apns with this? I have a LG Stylo 2 LS775 ZV6

should be able to yes if your boost phone is network unlocked.
    Yes, i unlocked it with z3x but i cant add a new apn.

y3m37e1lk6xsfZoS89mXNfwhGG7PXVYye4W-1sGhy1danKCCpMdevOcalpQ9MTo4wkrRoCz9TCt9_17U4g9FCyZ8rnGAaxSXeHdVxZu4AQ51_gHKgoMBBerssRsXMwGccKUzjEAmBkmg4e6bjX0Q8X4qQtK3sqzEyISHm16bzqo1fM

did you follow the guide i posted?

and like what the OP says I no longer have a stylo 2 so I am limited in the help I can provide, you might have to load a different package or something
    Hi.
    I'd appreciate your input on my situation - unlocked Boost LG ls775a on Android 7, Z8, - I have SPC code, I have access to h*n menu.

T-Mobile SIM - only LTE mode works. I can send SMS or browse internet, but regular call does not work. If I press call #, - the phone permanently attempts to call, no error, - you can switch to other apps. T-Mobile Fast APN.
    I tried to turn on VoLTE RF in h*n menu, but no luck.
    I believe the phone might be still configured to route calls thru CDMA (Boost legacy). Can you give me general approach on how to de-couple from CDMA or any other ideas to make regular calls work?

Also, if I switch from LTE mode, say, to GSM/WCDMA auto, - nothing works at all (no calls, no internet, SMS - not attempted).

Next, I tried FreedomPop SIM (for ATT). FreedomPop registers thru WiFi. Then I turn off WiFi. In LTE mode - no internet, no calls (in FreedomPop calls routed thru Internet) are possible.

I read somewhere on XDA forums, that ATT doesnt allow LTE if MIED is not registered with them, so not registered phones work on slower-than-LTE protocol/speeds. Other phone works with FreedomPop, H+ is displayed next to connection quality bars, and ATT is displayed as network. Does it mean I need WCDMA working on the phone, and it somehow doesnt work?

I have menu similar to this t=2022763
    i got this

here maybe i can help u all Ive been racking my brain it looks like theirs a carrier app that unlocks it try t mobile unlock app now i was able to get one but every app is different for every phone and your unlock code may not work u may have to buy a few .........ehhhh here are some tips to leave type 5689#*775# like my ls775*model number# its the 775 so that's clear its not 2945....
    i also seen there may be a way to root it with out hardware but software lg up and flashing involve but if any of this helps this thread keep going !!!! im happy but ive rooted every thing but this so please i have my codes just fine the right app or put in your 2 cents about it also !!!!!!!!!!!!oct or zv3 box is the way to go but hell im cheap and love a challenge !!!!!!!!!!!!!! its a flash hub for people that don't know i thought it was software and dude u can unlock apn settings with the 5689#*775#
    and your codes but it will not unlock for carrier thers so much miss truth on here it boggeles my mine dont even talk about it unless its working now please lol jk!!!!!!!!!!