Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

yoahmad1995

Aug 6, 2015
Baghdad
Hello XDA,

I'd like to share with you this quick, easy tutorial about how to enable Google Now on Tap and Cards in every country and network carrier that doesn't support this service.

But first of all you must be on Lollipop or Marshmallow based ROM (I assume you are)

And most importantly you MUST be rooted. What is root? Just Google it. Do it only when you know what you're doing I'm not responsible for anything goes wrong with the process of rooting. But this tutorial itself is not harmful.

What you need is an app called Market Unlocker (attached below) simply download and install it..... And you MUST have a SIM inserted at least one (I assume you have one already)

Step1: Remove ALL your google accounts. This is EXTREMELY important.
Step2: Open the app you just installed (Market Unlocker)
Step3: Enable the unlocker to USA Verizon.
Step4: Give it root permissions.
Step5: Reboot your system.
Step6: Press your search button (hold home button on nav bar)
Step7: Tap on get started and add your google account.
Step8: Enjoy Now on Tap and Cards. :)

PS1: you can uninstall Market Unlocker app but don't disable it. Just keep it enabled and uninstall it. Otherwise, you WILL lost Now on Tap and Cards.

PS2: these steps doesn't modify your EFS data which means when you perform a factory reset or clean flash a new ROM, you have to do the process all over again.

Last edited:

suzukube

Feb 25, 2008
Thank you ! In bonus, i can now access all the US article, and my Android Watch is working like a charm now ! I was on the Guadeloupe (Orange) Market :'( ! Love you guys !

00Deady

Dec 18, 2015
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hello XDA,

I'd like to share with you this quick, easy tutorial about how to enable Google Now on Tap and Cards in every country and network carrier that doesn't support this service.

But first of all you must be on Lollipop or Marshmallow based ROM (I assume you are)

And most importantly you MUST be rooted. What is root? Just Google it. Do it only when you know what you're doing I'm not responsible for anything goes wrong with the process of rooting. But this tutorial itself is not harmful.

What you need is an app called Market Unlocker (attached below) simply download and install it..... And you MUST have a SIM inserted at least one (I assume you have one already)

PS1: you can uninstall Market Unlocker app but don't disable it. Just keep it enabled and uninstall it. Otherwise, you WILL lost Now on Tap and Cards.

PS2: these steps doesn't modify your EFS data which means when you perform a factory reset or clean flash a new ROM, you have to do the process all over again.
Does this works with Android lollipop 5.1.1?.. Tried but nothing happens.. Maybe my method.. Or idk.. Coz i followed ur step 1 by 1.. I still can't use Google now on tap..

00Deady

Dec 18, 2015
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
On lollipop and KitKat, there is only Google now.
Ohh.. I see.. Thanks dude.. I've been searching how to enable now on tap on lollipop.. Is it possible? Is there any links/sites that can help me with it? Can't find one for lollipop.. Even tho i can just flash new ROM.. It's hard to find nice working rom.. Because my phone's last update was lollipop 5.1.1.. And some ROM based on 6.0 and later didn't work too well with my phone.. As far i know.. I'm using sony Xperia z1 compact if that helps.. Thanks :)

yoahmad1995

Aug 6, 2015
Baghdad
Ohh.. I see.. Thanks dude.. I've been searching how to enable now on tap on lollipop.. Is it possible? Is there any links/sites that can help me with it? Can't find one for lollipop.. Even tho i can just flash new ROM.. It's hard to find nice working rom.. Because my phone's last update was lollipop 5.1.1.. And some ROM based on 6.0 and later didn't work too well with my phone.. As far i know.. I'm using sony Xperia z1 compact if that helps.. Thanks :)
Google introduced Google now on tap in Marshmallow so unfortunately there is no way to enable it on lollipop.
This method enables Google now on tap on older devices but on newer devices, it enables Google Assistant so I need to update my thread but don't really have time. :/

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using XDA Labs

Reactions: 00Deady

00Deady

Dec 18, 2015
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Google introduced Google now on tap in Marshmallow so unfortunately there is no way to enable it on lollipop.
This method enables Google now on tap on older devices but on newer devices, it enables Google Assistant so I need to update my thread but don't really have time. :/
Aahh.. I see.. Thanks..:).. It's because of different api level of Android.. So i need to upgrade to Marshmallow to enable it.. I don't really need it tbh.. Just wanted to make my phone looks better with latest app and features.. I'll try Marshmallow when i have free time to look for quite nice rom:eek:.. Thanks alot..

yoahmad1995

Aug 6, 2015
Baghdad
Aahh.. I see.. Thanks..:).. It's because of different api level of Android.. So i need to upgrade to Marshmallow to enable it.. I don't really need it tbh.. Just wanted to make my phone looks better with latest app and features.. I'll try Marshmallow when i have free time to look for quite nice rom:eek:.. Thanks alot..

I would start with Resurrection Remix ROM. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA,

Does this works with Android lollipop 5.1.1?.. Tried but nothing happens.. Maybe my method.. Or idk.. Coz i followed ur step 1 by 1.. I still can't use Google now on tap..
    On lollipop and KitKat, there is only Google now.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone