How To Guide [GUIDE] How to enable VoLTE without unlocking or root

Search This thread

LaceeWearsPrada

May 31, 2012
Budapest
Hello there!

So I've been watching this forum for a solution a long time ago now and I've seen that there's a plenty of you, who didn't find any solution just like me. Because I didn't want to ruin my phone with unlocking and root. But I managed to make it work, not just volte, but vowifi too. All you need is another phone that works on VoLTE (and/or vowifi) in the same country ( same carrier is better bu not requirement). Put your SIM card in that phone, enable VoLTE (and VoWifi) and put it back in your Xperia. For me, it worked with a T-mobile HU SIM card (They don't even have on sell this phone :D). It was in my iPhone 8 plus, it had working VoLTE and VoWifi. When I put it in my Xperia both options popped up in the settings and they both worked like a charm. My perso SIM is a Yettel HU one (I bought the Xperia from them), it isn't VoLTE enabled by carrier, so I'll contact them today about it.
Hope, you guys manage to make them work too :)

Hello there!

So I've been watching this forum for a solution a long time ago now and I've seen that there's a plenty of you, who didn't find any solution just like me. Because I didn't want to ruin my phone with unlocking and root. But I managed to make it work, not just volte, but vowifi too. All you need is another phone that works on VoLTE (and/or vowifi) in the same country ( same carrier is better bu not requirement). Put your SIM card in that phone, enable VoLTE (and VoWifi) and put it back in your Xperia. For me, it worked with a T-mobile HU SIM card (They don't even have on sell this phone :D). It was in my iPhone 8 plus, it had working VoLTE and VoWifi. When I put it in my Xperia both options popped up in the settings and they both worked like a charm. My perso SIM is a Yettel HU one (I bought the Xperia from them), it isn't VoLTE enabled by carrier, so I'll contact them today about it.
Tried that yesterday, didn't work still. If I am right, I believe that the issue is that there is no network provider in my country that supports (has customised firmware) this phone.
I do a bit of travelling every once in a while; so my best bet is taking my phone in by a network provider in a country where this phone is sold and get that network provider to flash their firmware in it, buy a local sim card and have them make VoLTE work in it. Then my home SIM card should work with VoLTE afterwards.

LaceeWearsPrada

May 31, 2012
Budapest
Tried that yesterday, didn't work still. If I am right, I believe that the issue is that there is no network provider in my country that supports (has customised firmware) this phone.
I do a bit of travelling every once in a while; so my best bet is taking my phone in by a network provider in a country where this phone is sold and get that network provider to flash their firmware in it, buy a local sim card and have them make VoLTE work in it. Then my home SIM card should work with VoLTE afterwards.
Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you. In my country we have only one carrier (Yettel HU) that sells this phone. They use the international one XQ-BC52 Customised EEA. I bought it from them, so mine is also that. Idk but it did work for me. So they don't have own firmware. They had on Xperia z3, since then they sell unlocked devices.

Jul 28, 2017
My model is originally the xq62 but i flashed hybrid of xq72 SEA to make it work but it didnt so i just kept using it as it is. I tried this on this and still it dosent work. Maybe if i flash same model as yours xq52 or the original 62. Too much flashing and checking.....

Last edited:

LaceeWearsPrada

May 31, 2012
Budapest
My model is originally the xq72 but i flashed hybrid of SEA to make it work but it didnt so i just kept using it as it is. I tried this on this and still it dosent work. Maybe if i flash same model as yours xq52 or the original 72. Too much flashing and checking.....
I have no idea why does it work for some and why it doesn't for others. My perso SIM was voLTE disabled in their system. Maybe it's your case too. Call your provider's tech support (or so) and ask them about it, worth a try 😉

Evil_Sephiroth

Nov 4, 2010
Italy
Sony Xperia 1 III
I have no idea why does it work for some and why it doesn't for others. My perso SIM was voLTE disabled in their system. Maybe it's your case too. Call your provider's tech support (or so) and ask them about it, worth a try 😉
Telecom Italy appear to never turn on VoLTE if not specifically asked, even if your telecom app say VoLTE enabled. I also had to ask multiple times till i was able o talk with an higher tier "technician".

This remember me when at work (AASP) we need to talk with ACS to solve an issue with various customers Apple products. Sometimes only escalating to higher tier will allow us to solve something. Lower tier employee, even for ISP, sometimes are not able/allowed to disclose something

Reactions: LaceeWearsPrada
Jul 28, 2017
But if it would be disabled in their system why would it work in other device? Should not work on any device right?

LaceeWearsPrada

May 31, 2012
Budapest
But if it would be disabled in their system why would it work in other device? Should not work on any device right?
Mine didn't work in my iPhone either. It turned out that it can be disabled in 2-ways at my carrier. There's an android and ios disable option :D after it has been enabled, still no volte, but after I put it in iPhone (volte works) and put it back then it worked in Xperia too :D maybe that's a coincidence but I searched the internet a bit and I found some guys who made it work like this too.

khalilrehman17

Apr 5, 2015
Sony Xperia 5 II
Hello there!

There is a very very veryyyyy easy way to activate VoLTE and WoWiFi. For all Xperia 1 ii 5ii 1iii 5iii Xperia 1 Xperia 5. I found a damn simple way I'm using au bank device in UAE. No room change original au rom. 🤩

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230411-152251.png
    Screenshot_20230411-152251.png
    150.9 KB · Views: 203
  • Screenshot_20230411-152240.png
    Screenshot_20230411-152240.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 205
Reactions: Xperia_xz3

khalilrehman17

Apr 5, 2015
Sony Xperia 5 II
Finally 5G is activate successfully in Xperia 5ii SOGO2. Also BL unlock From No to Yes it's take 2 months but sauces 😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230913-040547.png
    Screenshot_20230913-040547.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20230913-025056.png
    Screenshot_20230913-025056.png
    632.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_20230913-025125~2.png
    Screenshot_20230913-025125~2.png
    257.6 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: Xperia_xz3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Telecom Italy appear to never turn on VoLTE if not specifically asked, even if your telecom app say VoLTE enabled. I also had to ask multiple times till i was able o talk with an higher tier "technician".

This remember me when at work (AASP) we need to talk with ACS to solve an issue with various customers Apple products. Sometimes only escalating to higher tier will allow us to solve something. Lower tier employee, even for ISP, sometimes are not able/allowed to disclose something
    Hello there!

There is a very very veryyyyy easy way to activate VoLTE and WoWiFi. For all Xperia 1 ii 5ii 1iii 5iii Xperia 1 Xperia 5. I found a damn simple way I'm using au bank device in UAE. No room change original au rom. 🤩
    Finally 5G is activate successfully in Xperia 5ii SOGO2. Also BL unlock From No to Yes it's take 2 months but sauces 😁