[GUIDE] How to fix Oculus System Activity Update issue.

Search This thread

sohojmanush

Sep 26, 2011
Dhaka
After scratching and pulling my hair for weeks trying to educate my samsung s7 e some manner I came across the VR . Back when I was in stock it worked. But, now it stucked in the Oculus System Activity update loop. After couple of online guides I got frustrated and went to clean up my sd card. So, here is it :

If you are rooted get a recycle bin app or enable it in you file explorer if yours have one. Es file explorer has it , but I use dumpster.
Whenever you hit the update button oculus app downloads the system activity as a form of .apk and when it failed to install it, it deletes the apk. That's where the recycle bin apps comes in to action. Its, saved the deleted apk. in my case its in
/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.baloota.dumpster/files/.trash/ . Yours may vary depending on your apps.

Now what I did is I restored it and installed it like a normal apk :D please don't forgot to enable your "Unknown Source" :p

For non rooted user I am attaching the apk but I will not be responsible for your device :D as I don't know whether they are device specific or not.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5557801/com.oculus.systemactivities.apk

Hit the thanks button if I helped ;)

Shock_N745

Jan 11, 2015
You are the BEST. Thanks man. I was getting crazy with this. I tried everything.

I still don't know where the problem comes from but at least I don't have to factory reset ??

s1ms

Jan 7, 2010
Could you please post the files again? I've deleted the Facebook Installer and can't update the Oculus VR anymore. I've installed the Facebook app but the Installer part did't reinstall.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After scratching and pulling my hair for weeks trying to educate my samsung s7 e some manner I came across the VR . Back when I was in stock it worked. But, now it stucked in the Oculus System Activity update loop. After couple of online guides I got frustrated and went to clean up my sd card. So, here is it :

If you are rooted get a recycle bin app or enable it in you file explorer if yours have one. Es file explorer has it , but I use dumpster.
    Whenever you hit the update button oculus app downloads the system activity as a form of .apk and when it failed to install it, it deletes the apk. That's where the recycle bin apps comes in to action. Its, saved the deleted apk. in my case its in
    /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.baloota.dumpster/files/.trash/ . Yours may vary depending on your apps.

Now what I did is I restored it and installed it like a normal apk :D please don't forgot to enable your "Unknown Source" :p

For non rooted user I am attaching the apk but I will not be responsible for your device :D as I don't know whether they are device specific or not.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5557801/com.oculus.systemactivities.apk

Hit the thanks button if I helped ;)