How To Guide [GUIDE] How To Flash a GSI Custom Rom on Xiaomi Mi 11

Search This thread

luuxis

Jul 11, 2020
Tired of MIUI , huh?

Well, don't worry , i will explain to you now how to flash a GSI Rom.

GSI (Generic System Images) are Universal Custom ROM's , meant to work on 99% of all available devices.

Do keep in mind however : one wrong move and you brick , and i am not responsable if you do so

WARNING : Since GSI isn't specifically made for Mi 11 , you might encounter bugs.

With that out of the way , let's begin!

Pre-requisites :
1) ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC
2) An ARM64 A/B GSI Rom (Grab whichever one you like) : https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-(GSI)-list

IMPORTANT : Make sure the GSI you selected can boot without permissiver!

3) Vbmeta image : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GSFksutw5l4hKdNbfrySft3tSXW0q3f5/view?usp=sharing
4) Mi 11 with Unlocked bootloader
5) Half a brain

Got all of that? Let's begin!

1) Put your Xiaomi Mi 11 phone into fastboot
2) Type this : "fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta" and then drag and drop your vbmeta.img (this will flash the vbmeta and disable verification)
3) Then , type : "fastboot reboot fastboot" and press enter
4) You should now see "FASTBOOTD" instead of "FASTBOOT" on your screen
5) Now, type : "fastboot flash system" and then drag and drop your GSI .img
6) Type "fastboot reboot recovery"
7) Now, using MIUI Recovery wipe all your data
8) Reboot and pray it works

That's it, you've now escaped MIUI Jail!

If i helped you , feel free to buy me some coffee : https://www.paypal.me/rarm5g
Hello,
I created an archive allowing us to flash a gsi rom with ease.

Here is the procedure for the user.

The user download his rom (GSI ARM64 A / B)
and move it to the rom folder (no need to rename the rom because the script scans the folder for installation).

and once everything is done we double click on the install.bat to proceed with the installation.

and if driver is missing, no need to search the internet for hours because there is a driver archive

fastboot (./driver/fastboot)
fastbootd (./ driver / fastbootd)

I wanted to know if you could update your post with the archive I created here is the download link of the archive

ralovesoc

Oct 11, 2020
Iasi
Xiaomi Mi 11
Hello,

and move it to the rom folder (no need to rename the rom because the script scans the folder for installation).

and once everything is done we double click on the install.bat to proceed with the installation.

and if driver is missing, no need to search the internet for hours because there is a driver archive

I wanted to know if you could update your post with the archive I created here is the download link of the archive

Wow , so you made a script for it. Epic!

Reactions: Jester646

cmoegele

Jun 4, 2008
I have problems to boot phone into userspace fastboot,...
PS F:\Mi11> .\fastboot.exe --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
Rewriting vbmeta struct at offset: 0
Sending 'vbmeta' (4 KB) OKAY [ 0.003s]
Writing 'vbmeta' OKAY [ 0.002s]
Finished. Total time: 0.023s
PS F:\Mi11> .\fastboot.exe reboot fastboot
Rebooting into fastboot OKAY [ 0.003s]
< waiting for any device >
fastboot: error: Failed to boot into userspace fastboot; one or more components might be unbootable.
any ideas how to fix this ?

Nebukhanezzar

May 30, 2021
This worked completely for me, but when I put on pixel experience, the fingerprint scanner refused to work at all

Reactions: Sage

Nebukhanezzar

May 30, 2021
I still can't fix the sound issue on the pixel experience rom. Do you have to reboot after changing the phh?

Paddyo13

Jun 11, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 11
Hello,

I love the scrip. Flashes with ease. However, I have tried 2 different GSI so far with the same result.

The OS works good when using it but when I press the power button or the phone screen times out it powers off the device completely instead of putting the screen to sleep and I have to hold the power button 7-10 seconds to get it to boot back into the OS. I have tried mi 11 with crDroid R Mod and Lineage R Mod GSI images so far. Could this be a flashing issue, settings related, or just incompatibility with the device? Any advice be appreciated.

Reactions: Sage

niosa

Nov 5, 2011
I love the scrip. Flashes with ease. However, I have tried 2 different GSI so far with the same result.

The OS works good when using it but when I press the power button or the phone screen times out it powers off the device completely instead of putting the screen to sleep and I have to hold the power button 7-10 seconds to get it to boot back into the OS. I have tried mi 11 with crDroid R Mod and Lineage R Mod GSI images so far. Could this be a flashing issue, settings related, or just incompatibility with the device? Any advice be appreciated.
Where si the cdroid for Xiaomi mi 11? Thanks

Hearick

Apr 14, 2020
I can't seem to be able to go in FastbootD.

I have tried everything, clean flash, reintal EU rom. etc....

I installed the drivers from @luuxis tool

Update : I went on FastbootD via ADB command.

Now I get the error shown in the attached file

Attachments

• gsi flash error.png
    gsi flash error.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tired of MIUI , huh?

GSI (Generic System Images) are Universal Custom ROM's , meant to work on 99% of all available devices.

Do keep in mind however : one wrong move and you brick , and i am not responsable if you do so

WARNING : Since GSI isn't specifically made for Mi 11 , you might encounter bugs.

Pre-requisites :
    2) An ARM64 A/B GSI Rom (Grab whichever one you like) : https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-(GSI)-list

3) Vbmeta image : get from your fastboot rom
    5) Half a brain

2) Type this : "fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta" and then drag and drop your vbmeta.img (this will flash the vbmeta and disable verification)

If i helped you , feel free to buy me some coffee : https://www.paypal.me/rarm5g
    Hello ^^

When I follow the tutorial (first page and the one with the CMD command) it always ends with my phone either rebooting in bootloader or getting bootloop.

I tried EVERYTHING I could think of...

GSI that I wanted to install : Pixel Experience A/B

My actual ROM : latest Xiaomi.EU

P.S : When I check (with apps) if Venus have Treble support, most of the apps says that it isn't the case.
    seems like 80% work . we need TWRP now and then custom rom .
    Tired of MIUI , huh?

Pre-requisites :

3) Vbmeta image : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GSFksutw5l4hKdNbfrySft3tSXW0q3f5/view?usp=sharing
    5) Half a brain

Hello,

For now , the only bug i encountered is FOD not working , but i will test more stuff and update here

Update #1 : Sound is not working

FIX : Enable "Use alternate audio policy" and "disable audio effects" in Phh treble settings

After a lot of testing , i find phhusson's AOSP to be the best.

Update #2 : Don't set brightness lower than 50%, else it bricks