[GUIDE] How to flash CWM6 with Odin for SGW

Search This thread

MyDeSTiNaTe

Aug 5, 2012
Malaysia
NOTE:
There is a possibility of damaging the Android-system (bricking)
Flashing causes a violation on the warranty policy of Samsung
I will not be responsible if you brick your phone
Sorry for my bad English
Good luck​

1. Download and install driver for Samsung Galaxy W from HERE

2. Enable USB Debugging in Setting-Application-Development

USB-Debugging-mode-Photos.png

3. Connect your phone to PC to make sure that the cable is working

4. Disconnect and unplug your phone

5. Download Odin 4.43 & Ancora.ops & recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.2-ancora.tar.md5

Odin

Ancora.ops

recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.2-ancora.tar.md5

6. Open Odin

- Click on the OPS Button and select the Ancora.ops file

- Mark the options: One Package, Protect OPS, Auto Reboot

- Unmark the option: Reset Time (Sec)

- Then load the md5 (recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.2-ancora.tar.md5) file with the One Package Button

- Put your phone into download mode (turn off your phone first, then hold Volume Down + Home + Power Button for a while, release the power button when you see 'Samsung' and continue pressing the other two buttons)

Download-1.jpg

- Phone will show some screen, continue, then plug in your phone through USB cable (it may look for the latest driver through Windows Update so please enable your computer's Internet connection if possible)

Download2.jpg

7. Wait for a few minutes (it will reboot by itself after it is done, so, do not panic and do not press anything until the home screen appears)

8. Done

ATTENTION: If you want to flash CWM5, just change the ancora.tar.md5 for CWM6 to the one for CWM5 (download from here ), all the remaining steps will be the same

Last edited:

IvanKurnia

Mar 26, 2012
hi @MyDeSTiNaTe

I think this thread needs Frequently Asked Questions.. (FAQ)

1. Does it needs root?

2.etc..

and better you ask forum moderator (you know juzz -Justin-) to make this thread as a sticky thread

and screenshot

:)

this thread is important isn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: MyDeSTiNaTe

MyDeSTiNaTe

Aug 5, 2012
Malaysia
hi @MyDeSTiNaTe

1. Does it needs root?

2.etc..

and better you ask forum moderator (you know juzz -Justin-) to make this thread as a sticky thread

and screenshot

Hey dude, really glad to hear from you, I am quite busy for my studies recently, and my English is pretty limited to write a complete FAQ, do you mind to write the FAQ for me when you are free? Just edit it in your previous post. Thanks in advance dude, really hope you can help in it, take care.

UPDATE: I had added some screenshots

Last edited:
Reactions: IvanKurnia

jazmy

Jan 12, 2011
Cairo
More info

- I rooted my mobile but why we want to flash CWM6 ?!
- I reviewed most of forum but can't understand how to take backup from my original ROM or Firmware ?!

A lot misunderstand these stuff and short names like recovery please anybody descibe it or send us the description meaning detailed.

Thanks for your helpful supports.

IvanKurnia

Mar 26, 2012
- I rooted my mobile but why we want to flash CWM6 ?!
- I reviewed most of forum but can't understand how to take backup from my original ROM or Firmware ?!

A lot misunderstand these stuff and short names like recovery please anybody descibe it or send us the description meaning detailed.

Thanks for your helpful supports.

CWM is for flashing custom ROMs

IvanKurnia

Mar 26, 2012
@JAZMY

reboot to CWM.. turn off, then turn on by pressing vol up + home + power.. you will see SAMSUNG logo, you can release those buttons..

then use:
- home button : to select
- vol up : up
- vol down : down
- power button : go back

before backup, you can select your backup format, tar or dup.. with tar, you'll get the files larger, but there's only 11 files there.. and faster for copying to pc.. for dup, smaller backup (but if you want to do many backups, if just one backup, of course larger).. but hundreds of folders and files, and of course slower for copying to pc

how to select:
- backup & restore ~> choose backup format ~> tar or dup

then go to:
- backup & restore ~> backup or backup to external sd card..
- wait for progress
- back, reboot system now

if you want to move your backup to your pc, just take the "clockworkmod" folder in sdcard or external sd to your pc.. rar or zip it recommended due file safety, but do not compress to high, better do not compress (compress level = store)..

THIS THREAD IS JUST FOR ASKING ABOUT FLASHING CWM WITH ODIN, NOT ABOUT BACKUP OR ETC..

THIS IS AN OFF TOPIC POST.. WANT TO ASKING, MAKE A NEW THREAD ON GENERAL SECTION, OR ASK IN ASKING THREAD..

SORRY @MYDESTINATE

I HOPE THIS IS THE LAST OFF TOPIC POST

@JAZMY I HAVE ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.. BETTER DON'T REPLY

Last edited:
Reactions: ethanmars

reidzeibel

Jan 4, 2012
Yogyakarta - Indonesia

Correction, Galaxy W Forum moderator has been replaced, it is now being handled by Jotha, Juzz has been promoted to a senior moderator, and this thread do deserve a sticky :)

How about flashing using adb?

Sent from my Modded Stock DXLA2 (Didn't have the mood to update)

apaini

Jun 13, 2012
NOTE:
Sorry for my bad English
Good luck​

Odin

Ancora.ops

6. Open Odin

- Then load the md5 (recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.2-ancora.tar.md5) file with the One Package Button

- Put your phone into download mode (turn off your phone first, then hold Volume Down + Home + Power Button for a while, release the power button when you see 'Samsung' and continue pressing the other two buttons)

Download-1.jpg

- Phone will show some screen, continue, then plug in your phone through USB cable (it may look for the latest driver through Windows Update so please enable your computer's Internet connection if possible)

Download2.jpg

7. Wait for a few minutes (it will reboot by itself after it is done, so, do not panic and do not press anything until the home screen appears)

8. Done

ATTENTION: If you want to flash CWM5, just change the ancora.tar.md5 for CWM6 to the one for CWM5 (download from here ), all the remaining steps will be the same

how long do i have to wait??
i've been waitig for 8 minutes..
nothing happen..is it normal??

BoxGlow

Apr 4, 2013
Hi! I have successfully flashed CWM 6.0.1.2 on my device but recently I found out that CWM has updated to 6.0.3.0. Is it safe for me to update my CWM to the latest version using this steps? If I messed up can I just downgrade to 6.0.1.2 by just following your instructions? Im a super noob please help me..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE:
    Sorry for my bad English
    Good luck​

Odin

Ancora.ops

6. Open Odin

Download-1.jpg

Download2.jpg

8. Done

It's my thread.. :D
    hi @MyDeSTiNaTe

1. Does it needs root?

2.etc..

and screenshot

hi @MyDeSTiNaTe

1. Does it needs root?

2.etc..

and screenshot

Hey dude, really glad to hear from you, I am quite busy for my studies recently, and my English is pretty limited to write a complete FAQ, do you mind to write the FAQ for me when you are free? Just edit it in your previous post. Thanks in advance dude, really hope you can help in it, take care.

UPDATE: I had added some screenshots
    I see.. Im doing something that may potentialy mess my device up
    Yop. :)

I'll try this out first since this is actually safer than the makeshift method that I have in mind.. with this I might have a higher chance of tricking those Samsung repairmen that my device hasn't violated the warranty's terms and conditions.. *evil smile*

Sir, if only I have the money to send you a real beer I'll send you one steel container of it!! But I'm so broke that clicking that I cant even click that "Donate" button under your name.. sorry

Yep, you might have a better chance this way. And don't worry about that beer. Sometimes, a thank you from the deep of your heart, means more than anything in the world. :)