[GUIDE][HOW TO FLASH LOLLIPOP | SM-N9005][5.0 | N9005XXUGBNL8][Easy]

Search This thread

SJIII

Jun 26, 2014
Alternative download link?

I downloaded from the Mega link provided, but it downloaded like a tar file? I was assuming that all the files for odin would be in that link? Or is my PC crap?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    5.6 KB · Views: 343

IODroids

Sep 30, 2014
agra
hi guys, I flashed this rom, but I turn back on 4.4.2..... So I need the pit file for 4.4.2 32 gb before the upgrade......

Very very thanks...

Roberto

I have a pit file downloaded from some link on Xda. I can upload it to XDA if you require, worked for me great.
Kindly use at you're own risk. As download link mentioned.

jk7182

Feb 11, 2015
n9005 16gb

Hey i have the 16gb hong kong n9005 can i install by following instructions for 16 gb if not can i install other regions official lollipop rom on my phone pls list the compatible region firmwares for this version.Thanks in Advance

M.Nabeel

Nov 19, 2014
@mithun46

bro please I have n9005 32gb followed your instructions phone was updated .. but wifi is not working and too many fc.. now i flashed GNG1 4.4.2 it flashed ok but wifi is still not working ... no custom rom is being installed ... what to do ? only cm12 based roms are working !!!
please help me

kobe8877

Sep 22, 2007
any ideas to solve this error?

I'm using n9005 16GB Hong Kong version with android 4.4.2

thanks

Attachments

• pit.jpg
    pit.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_20150308_121538.jpg
    IMG_20150308_121538.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 430

M.Nabeel

Nov 19, 2014
Bro i removed the back panel behind the battery and the model is n9005 ... !just let me explained in detail

1 updated my phone N9005 to NL8 leaked with the pit file
2 Wifi is not turning on (in touchwiz roms ) it is working in cm12
3 i cannot install a custom rom because the installation completes in just 10 sec , so i assume custom system is not properly installed
4- lots of force closes

please help me anybody its like my phone is a $400 brick , i will owe you my life

technicks_07

Jan 19, 2015
Marilao Bulacan
Guyz i have a problem after i downgrade my n9005 Lollipop to Kitkat my Network is missing... i dont know whats wrong... i want to downgrade my phone because the lollipop firmware have many bugs... so I decide to dowgrade to kitkat... help me please i cant use my phone.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Guyz... help me.. now i flashed again the lolipop firmware... trying to get back the network but.. it stuck on samsung logo... i wipe all and no luck it still stuck on samsung logo.. and i try to wait but its too long and my phone get hot... what im gonna do.. please help me.... :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Rsroms

Jan 12, 2015
Palmer's Green
Guyz i have a problem after i downgrade my n9005 Lollipop to Kitkat my Network is missing... i dont know whats wrong... i want to downgrade my phone because the lollipop firmware have many bugs... so I decide to dowgrade to kitkat... help me please i cant use my phone.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Guyz... help me.. now i flashed again the lolipop firmware... trying to get back the network but.. it stuck on samsung logo... i wipe all and no luck it still stuck on samsung logo.. and i try to wait but its too long and my phone get hot... what im gonna do.. please help me.... :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Don't panic.
When you downgraded, did you repartitioned it ?
Now boot in recovery, wipe data & cache and switch off completely. Boot into download mode and flash the lolipop. Once done, boot to recovery and wipe data/ cache. Restart

robnelson76

Mar 11, 2015
Swapping from Carrier Branded to 5.0

I have a 32GB 9005 on 3 in the UK, running firmware with the CSC of H3G.
The phone is totally stock, never rooted etc.
If i flash all the files (BL / PIT / CSC / AP) and select repartition, then wipe the Dalvik Cache / Cache / Factory Reset will I revert to a BTU CSC Under 5.0?
I was thinking of debranding anyway, but came across guides which suggested I just needed to flash vanilla firmware and factory reset which seems OK. Then there were a few saying I needed a new PIT file for the new firmware before flashing

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Rob

hod1

Jan 1, 2015
upgraded to N9005XXUGBOA1

After using lollipop leaked version by you now i have recently upgraded my note 3 to firmware N9005XXUGBOA1 .. i wanted to ask if its an offica stock firmware or not? And suitable to use or not??

chashmaa

Jan 24, 2015
My phone current status.can I flash this rom for India?

Attachments

• IMG-20150313-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20150313-WA0000.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 457

idreamido

Aug 19, 2013
Stuck on samsung logo

Hi,

I have the International version N9005 32 GB version, i followed the instructions exactly as provided i.e.
1) selected PIT file
2) selected all four files BL, AP, CP, CSC
3) clicked AutoReboot, Re partition, F.reset time

ODIN completed everything and showed "PASS" phone restarted and stuck on SAMSUNG LOGO for couple of hours
I tried recovery option, wiped cached and did a factory reset as suggested somewhere to come out of boot logo however that didnt help either.
I really don't have any more ideas, what to do now. (i am thinking of going back to Kitkat but the download of ROM is taking too long)

Can someone please suggest some options.

Also, while trying out some option, i inadvertently raised the Knox counter to 1 but thats fine with me but i seriously need to get this phone working again, please help....i have already spent an entire day searching different options but no luck.

Don't panic.
When you downgraded, did you repartitioned it ?
Now boot in recovery, wipe data & cache and switch off completely. Boot into download mode and flash the lolipop. Once done, boot to recovery and wipe data/ cache. Restart

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

Hi maqikpl,

Can you please post a working link for N9005XXUGBOA5_N9005VFGGBOA2_VOD.zip, i would like to try it out but the sammobile link is not working. i am going through all the posts and asking question (sorry ) wherever it looks similar to my problem, i am kind of panicked :(
Download this. Just put into AP and flash start. Remember to delete kies from background proces, disable antyvir, use odin 3.09+ as admin and original cable. For sure it will fix all ur problems. Btw U NOT trip knox!

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Look above. Just put this file (extracted from zip first ofc) as AP in odin and press start. Remember to wipe data and cache in recovery mode before flashing to this firmware.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT USE RE-PARTITION! ONLY f. reset time and auto reboot check!

maqikpl

Dec 6, 2013
Hi,

I have the International version N9005 32 GB version, i followed the instructions exactly as provided i.e.
1) selected PIT file
2) selected all four files BL, AP, CP, CSC
3) clicked AutoReboot, Re partition, F.reset time

ODIN completed everything and showed "PASS" phone restarted and stuck on SAMSUNG LOGO for couple of hours
I tried recovery option, wiped cached and did a factory reset as suggested somewhere to come out of boot logo however that didnt help either.
I really don't have any more ideas, what to do now. (i am thinking of going back to Kitkat but the download of ROM is taking too long)

Can someone please suggest some options.

Also, while trying out some option, i inadvertently raised the Knox counter to 1 but thats fine with me but i seriously need to get this phone working again, please help....i have already spent an entire day searching different options but no luck.

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

Hi maqikpl,

Can you please post a working link for N9005XXUGBOA5_N9005VFGGBOA2_VOD.zip, i would like to try it out but the sammobile link is not working. i am going through all the posts and asking question (sorry ) wherever it looks similar to my problem, i am kind of panicked :(
Ofc i can. Old link not working cuz there is new official rom after ota.

Edit:
Take this
Lastest polish roM from 01.03.2015. Ofc with all languages.
Or
Take N9005XXUGBOA5_N9005VFGGBOA2_VOD Latest gb rom vodafone from 01.02.2015

Last edited:

idreamido

Aug 19, 2013
Thanks much!
I tried the polish ROM but it would get stuck at the Samsung logo and never went beyond that.
I have created another thread with more details(http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-3/help/soft-bricked-samsung-note-3-n9005-t3058408)
Can you please help me there.
Ofc i can. Old link not working cuz there is new official rom after ota.

Edit:
Take this
Lastest polish roM from 01.03.2015. Ofc with all languages.
Or
Take N9005XXUGBOA5_N9005VFGGBOA2_VOD Latest gb rom vodafone from 01.02.2015

Gil Almeida

Dec 24, 2014
downgrade galaxy note3

how to downgrade galaxy note n9005 3? someone help me? is that released the official SamMobile lollipop and I wanted to download it, thank you very much Qurm help me

cryostasis25

Apr 11, 2011
For 16gb note 3 variant im hetting re partition failed. Tried to do some backread but could not find amy answer. Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Confused on how to install Android 5.0 Lollipop? Fear not. This guide have you covered :D

So to start this. We need some things.

Now that we have everything we need. Let's start. :D
    THIS WILL ERASE/FACTORY RESET YOUR NOTE 3. So take a backup of your important stuff

Extract the ROM zip file.
    kXHUWrM.png

Once extracted. Open Odin and set up Odin as follows.
    FOR 32GB Model
    jqnYET4.jpg

FOR 16GB Model
    XHhyTsC.png

Now click START :D
    Once done reboot your device. 16GB users will have to goto Recovery and factory reset

First boot will take longer than expected. Leave it alone for about 10 minutes.

And after some time. You will be greeted with the glorious Android 5.0 screen. :D

Video Guide. :D

Before flashing we need to make a backup of your PIT file just incase something goes wrong. And to do so open Command Prompt and execute the following commands.

Code:
    adb shell su -c "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/My-N9005.pit bs=1 skip=17408 count=4244"
    adb pull /sdcard/My-N9005.pit

Now that will create a backup of your PIT File as a failsafe. :fingers-crossed:
    [guide] | root | lollipop leaked | n9005 32gb|

To root the Samsung phablet Galaxy Note 3 with leaked firmware N9005XXUGBNL8 ( Android 5.0.0 )

1) Open the 'Odin3
    2) Put phone in download mode by powering off and holding volume up+ while plugging the phone into the computer
    3) You should now see the first square in Odin turn and say "Ready"
    6) Click on the pda tab in Odin and select the openrecovery-twrp-2.8.3.0-hlte.tar.md5 you downloaded
    7) Click start and wait for your phone to reboot
    8)Mount your devices SD card and copy the SUPERSU V2.43 ZIP file over.
    9)Boot up to your devices custom recovery by powering off and holding volume down- while
    10)Wipe your Dalvik-Cache in the Wipe Menu. And then go back to the recovery's main menu.
    11)There should be an option that says "Flash .zip from SD Card", select it.
    12)Select the .zip SUPERSU
    13)Confirm flashing of .zip file.
    14)Wait for the file to flash and reboot.

the link TWRP 2.8 - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 International Qcomm: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/202
    MEGA LINK for openrecovery-twrp-2.8.3.0-hlte:https://mega.co.nz/#!NA8CXQqC!R6OUZYRCJw9y_7Wxe3RACeLTVywNk37eu2SeCEpNMm0
    BIG THANKS TO CHAINFIRE
    for supersu-V2.42 chainfire :http://download.chainfire.eu/644/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.42.zip.

supersu-V2.43 this is the link:http://download.chainfire.eu/692/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.43.zip
    MEGA LINK; https://mega.co.nz/#!AR0XFQRb!IvPmh5uvh7Sdfwww7FNXK2Wb1PnBDCpkXNhRb9G5v3c

supersu-V2.44 in the MEGA LINK BELOW;https://mega.co.nz/#!pdkH3LwJ!KlJKMEcI0cvV070JmqvF7wP5cG9hNK3Xn6cAN4RwPro
    or this;http://download.chainfire.eu/693/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.44.zip

supersu-V2.45:mega link below; https://mega.co.nz/#!UMtT0Y5B!9arJnF1K8xfWrPTDJsQ1ErlkjcKe9ga-11yO8d7S2TA

mega link for new supersu V2.46;https://mega.co.nz/#!ERtWSQiB!Tj0Fr3ZA5U8_vKQLwnmwH08y2NjGbMR3R5vG7F2ynYA

REMEMBER YOU WILL FLAG KNOX TO 0X1

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

DONT FORGET TO HIT THE THANKS BOUTTON:good:
    Hey,
    are there any chances or possibilities for porting this rom also to another device? E.g. the S4 LTE-A, which has "exactly" the same hardware as the note 3 i guess, it also has the snapdragon 800, so i think it might not be too difficult to port this rom also for this device, someone who can tell me something about that?:good::victory:

You can ask the developers of S4 LTE-A for that. :D

So glad to see this :D Is this leak for the international Note3 ? Does it incluede French language ? Did you see any bug on this leak ? And last question, if the flash goes wrong, how can I use the backup PIT ? :)
    Many thanks for sharing this leak ! :)

I'll post a guide about PIT later on sometime. It'll have things like "What is PIT?" "How to Backup?" "How to restore?" "How to revive soft bricked Note 3's" and all. Do remind me after the New Year and I'll make one. :)

I install it on my N9005 it include french and Italian and many other i dont flash bootloader and pit file for now everything it's ok only the WiFi issue!!!i must to put the key wen I restart or close the wireless.

WiFi issue might be solved by flashing this. Thanks @Sewrizer. I personally did not test it and also discourages flashing it as Lollipop includes many new changes to WiFi drivers while the zip file is meant for KitKat. EDIT: Instead of flashing that file. Try this. And also try to move the Q/A's there. :) Let's try to keep this an organized thread. :D

Sorry if is a dumb question, is the first time i try to flash a rom for this device, i have a n900w8 and odin shows me repartitio error, even with repartition unchecked, is ther any chance to install this rom on the n900w8? i think it has the same hardware as the n9005.

Thanks in advance

THIS GUIDE IS FOR SM-N9005
    Please read the OP. ThankYou. :D

its not working for note 3 sm n9005

Can you elaborate more on why it isn't working with your Note 3? I've tried the same on my phone and I didn't have a single issue. :)

This willnot work for the ATT version will it?

It will not. But you can ask your developers of ATT version to create ports or some themes to look-a-like until the official leak pops up.

I tried the above commands on my phone but get - error device not found ??
    My phone is the SM-N9005 so why won't the back up work. I do have a full CWM backup will that do ?

Have you set up your ADB properly? Also do you have Samsung USB drivers installed?

Quick question:

Can I downgrade to KK? I Want to try this FW but (surely) keeping KK because of Xposed compatibility.

Thanks!!

I personally did not try but many have said that you can successfully downgrade to KitKat after flashing Lollipop into their devices. Please do confirm with other members on the forum. :)
    Successfully install lollipop on my note 3 n9005 32gb(No Root)

step I have done,
    1. enable usb debugging
    2. Do not tick re-partition (ONLY AUTO REBOOT and F.RESET TIME)
    3. Put in BL,AP,CP and CSC ( exclude PIT )
    4. Enter download mode from phone (power + volume down + home button)
    5. connect phone and once odin detected the connected phone press START
    6. Wait about 10-15 minute then it will auto reboot and wait another 5 minute
    7. Done

Mine everything works well - no wifi issue, no proximate sensor problem, s-view window working well too :D