[GUIDE] How to flash STOCK ROM on ANY J3 2016

Search This thread

mauriciognr

Mar 19, 2013
Tocuyito
tecnoriales.blogspot.com
This is not anything new for experienced users, but it will help the newbies.

NOTE: This is, still, the standard process to flash stock ROMs on ANY Samsung running Android, you can use the same drivers, software and key combo for Download mode on other variant or model, what you need to change is the firmware file of course. So feel free to use this guide as reference.

The Stock ROM or Stock Firmware is the software that comes preinstalled in your phone when is brand new, in this case is Samsung's own modification of Android called TouchWiz. If you ran into problems like system apps FCs all the time, bootloops, softbricks,etc... Or if you adventure on the "custom world" (Root, Xposed, aftermarket roms, etc) and things go south, it happens... The stock rom can be flashed to fix those problems and/or get your phone back to a working state again, hence the importance of this procedure.

The tool to flash firmwares on Samsung phones running Android is called Odin, and in order for Odin to recognize your phone in Download Mode (more on that later) it also needs some drivers. You can download both things from the following links:
Odin 3.10 from MEGA*
<Mod Edit> 4shared link removed

PLEASE READ [*]
1. Both files are in .RAR5, so you need to use WinRAR 5 or above to be able open them.
2. They also are password protected (sorry about that, but i offer them on several sites already). Password is: Tecnoriales

Now you need the firmware for your SPECIFIC MODEL, country and carrier are not important, but model IS, deadly. So, don't even try to flash another variant stock rom in you phone, you can and will end up with a hard brick, and good luck fixing that.

Sammobile is the biggest repository for Samsung firmwares, so use that.
J320F and DS - J320F and J320F/DS (Dual SIM) are the same.
J320FN
J320H
J320M

J320FXXU0AQL1 Mirror on MEGA (Netherlands) - I downloaded it from Sammobile and re-uploaded to MEGA. Same .RAR5 stuff and Tecnoriales password.

For any other variant or any Samsung phone for that matter, use the search tool with your model: https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

How to flash the Stock ROM using Odin
Before you star please charge your battery to 100%.

1. Install the Samsung Drivers

2. Turn off your phone and enter Download Mode pressing Vol+- Home and Power. Youll see a warning in the screen, accept it pressing Vol+.
Download%2Bmode%2BSamsung%2BGalaxy%2BJ3.jpg

3. Plug your phone to the PC using your usb cable and give it some time for the driver to kick in if it is the very first time.

4. Run Odin as Admin. Check the COM Port is illuminated and you see Added in the log below.

5. Click the AP button and load the *.tar file you downloaded from sammobile. i. e.: J320FXXU0AQL1_J320FDBT0AQK1_J320FXXU0AQI1_HOME.tar.md5 - At this point Odin will hang (stop responding) for some time while it loads the firmware file, that will depend on your PC, from some seconds to a couple of minutes. Be patient.

6. Once Odin un-freezes, go to Options Tab and make sure Re-Partition is unchecked.

7. Press Start to initiate the flashing process, it will take a while. The phone will reboot and when you see a green Pass in Odin it will be safe to unplug your phone..

First boot might take some time depending on the condition of your phone. That's it, your phone should be working again as intended (by Samsung).

Extra: Recovery Mode key combo with phone turned off is Vol+, Home and Power, from here you can perform a Factory Reset.

All the above information is in this video i made. Video is in Spanish tough.

Sorry for my english, good luck and happy flashing.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberZot

Feb 1, 2019
Does this also restore stock recovery too?
I'm trying to avoid flashing twrp so that I can backup stock recovery but I can't get fastboot to work so my only option would be to flash the custom recovery onto the phone.
I don't want to be stuck without a way to restore stock recovery in case something goes wrong.

Scorpionea

Dec 13, 2013
You tell me
Samsung Galaxy S10+

I'm trying to avoid flashing twrp so that I can backup stock recovery but I can't get fastboot to work so my only option would be to flash the custom recovery onto the phone.

I don't want to be stuck without a way to restore stock recovery in case something goes wrong.
Yes it restores stock recovery ,when flashing with Odin it will always flash stock recovery

Reactions: CyberZot

tof225391

May 18, 2019
Hello,
i want to upgrade my phone, samsung J3 (2016) SM-J320F (dual sim).

I fallow your tutoo, i only find version 5.1.1 on Sammobile
Can we find version 6 or 7 anywhere ?

Thank you for your help.

Bests regards.
Christophe

2gg1

Mar 15, 2019
Hello,

Thank you for your help.

Bests regards.
Christophe
This is the wrong turtorial for you it is to get your phone back to your original software and thats 5.1.1

J320 to Android 7.1

Hello,

Even though it was mentioned this is the wrong page I don't see why you can't be given some helpful info. The firmware you're looking for to get Android 7.1 is, J320W8VLU2BQK1 J320W8OYA2BQK1 (Its listed for Canada) search for it online.

2gg1

Mar 15, 2019
**Note
If you cant get through the welcome screen. Reset data on recovery:cowboy:

CLovecraft

Apr 26, 2020
I can't get Odin to work on my SM-J320A (ATT version)
its running this firmware i think: J320AUCS3BQL2
and nougat 7.1.1

holding volume down + home + power. Odin mode starts and asks for confirmation. (volume up to continue, volume down to restart) But nothing happens. LOL All i can do is pull the battery and if i try recovery mode it says "No command", hangs for awhile then goes into recovery mode.

Is USB debugging on, required?

Odin mode works fine on my other Galaxy phones. Anyone have this issue before? thanks

2gg1

Mar 15, 2019
I can't get Odin to work on my SM-J320A (ATT version)
its running this firmware i think: J320AUCS3BQL2
and nougat 7.1.1

holding volume down + home + power. Odin mode starts and asks for confirmation. (volume up to continue, volume down to restart) But nothing happens. LOL All i can do is pull the battery and if i try recovery mode it says "No command", hangs for awhile then goes into recovery mode.

Is USB debugging on, required?

Odin mode works fine on my other Galaxy phones. Anyone have this issue before? thanks
Try to turn on usb debbuging and oem unlock

CLovecraft

Apr 26, 2020
Try to turn on usb debbuging and oem unlock

Thanks.
Update: my soft brick issue is fixed now. (it was stuck on a boot loop for awhle but seems to have fixed itself after 20 reboots)

So i can boot into operating system.
Next i turned on OEM unlock and USB debugging but Odin mode still doesn't work, though.

Now, another minor problem. The home button doesn't work, but seems physically okay (this phone has barely been used and looks pristine) Could be a firmware issue related to Dalvik Cache. but without being able to flash firmware i cannot confirm. Recovery mode still shows a "No command" screen, dead robot, and 50 seconds later goes into what looks like stock recovery.

Update 2. Tried factory reset which seems to have helped. it boots faster into the operating system now. :good:

LOWEL0987

Oct 14, 2020
so i did this now i wanted to install touchwiz rome on 6,0,1 android but it bootloops i hear i need some baseband but what baseband i need someone can help pls

Conmmander

Jun 25, 2021
America
Looking for J320A
Thanks.
Update: my soft brick issue is fixed now. (it was stuck on a boot loop for awhle but seems to have fixed itself after 20 reboots)

So i can boot into operating system.
Next i turned on OEM unlock and USB debugging but Odin mode still doesn't work, though.

Now, another minor problem. The home button doesn't work, but seems physically okay (this phone has barely been used and looks pristine) Could be a firmware issue related to Dalvik Cache. but without being able to flash firmware i cannot confirm. Recovery mode still shows a "No command" screen, dead robot, and 50 seconds later goes into what looks like stock recovery.

Update 2. Tried factory reset which seems to have helped. it boots faster into the operating system now. :good:
What did you end up doing to pull this off? I've got the exact same model phone, but cannot seem to find the firmware on Sammobile.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is not anything new for experienced users, but it will help the newbies.

NOTE: This is, still, the standard process to flash stock ROMs on ANY Samsung running Android, you can use the same drivers, software and key combo for Download mode on other variant or model, what you need to change is the firmware file of course. So feel free to use this guide as reference.

The Stock ROM or Stock Firmware is the software that comes preinstalled in your phone when is brand new, in this case is Samsung's own modification of Android called TouchWiz. If you ran into problems like system apps FCs all the time, bootloops, softbricks,etc... Or if you adventure on the "custom world" (Root, Xposed, aftermarket roms, etc) and things go south, it happens... The stock rom can be flashed to fix those problems and/or get your phone back to a working state again, hence the importance of this procedure.

The tool to flash firmwares on Samsung phones running Android is called Odin, and in order for Odin to recognize your phone in Download Mode (more on that later) it also needs some drivers. You can download both things from the following links:
    Odin 3.10 from MEGA*
    <Mod Edit> 4shared link removed

PLEASE READ [*]
    1. Both files are in .RAR5, so you need to use WinRAR 5 or above to be able open them.
    2. They also are password protected (sorry about that, but i offer them on several sites already). Password is: Tecnoriales

Now you need the firmware for your SPECIFIC MODEL, country and carrier are not important, but model IS, deadly. So, don't even try to flash another variant stock rom in you phone, you can and will end up with a hard brick, and good luck fixing that.

Sammobile is the biggest repository for Samsung firmwares, so use that.
    J320F and DS - J320F and J320F/DS (Dual SIM) are the same.
    J320FN
    J320H
    J320M

J320FXXU0AQL1 Mirror on MEGA (Netherlands) - I downloaded it from Sammobile and re-uploaded to MEGA. Same .RAR5 stuff and Tecnoriales password.

For any other variant or any Samsung phone for that matter, use the search tool with your model: https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

How to flash the Stock ROM using Odin
    Before you star please charge your battery to 100%.

1. Install the Samsung Drivers

2. Turn off your phone and enter Download Mode pressing Vol+- Home and Power. Youll see a warning in the screen, accept it pressing Vol+.
    Download%2Bmode%2BSamsung%2BGalaxy%2BJ3.jpg

3. Plug your phone to the PC using your usb cable and give it some time for the driver to kick in if it is the very first time.

4. Run Odin as Admin. Check the COM Port is illuminated and you see Added in the log below.

5. Click the AP button and load the *.tar file you downloaded from sammobile. i. e.: J320FXXU0AQL1_J320FDBT0AQK1_J320FXXU0AQI1_HOME.tar.md5 - At this point Odin will hang (stop responding) for some time while it loads the firmware file, that will depend on your PC, from some seconds to a couple of minutes. Be patient.

6. Once Odin un-freezes, go to Options Tab and make sure Re-Partition is unchecked.

7. Press Start to initiate the flashing process, it will take a while. The phone will reboot and when you see a green Pass in Odin it will be safe to unplug your phone..

First boot might take some time depending on the condition of your phone. That's it, your phone should be working again as intended (by Samsung).

Extra: Recovery Mode key combo with phone turned off is Vol+, Home and Power, from here you can perform a Factory Reset.

All the above information is in this video i made. Video is in Spanish tough.

Sorry for my english, good luck and happy flashing.
    Does this apply to the SM-J327P? It would greatly help newer users

Sent from my Samsung SM-J327P using XDA Labs

For any Samsung running Android, since idk, the original Galaxy S? The process has not changed. Of course youll need to download the SPECIFIC Rom for your J327P.

Yes it restores stock recovery ,when flashing with Odin it will always flash stock recovery