[GUIDE] How to flash Treble roms on OnePlus 6

eqbirvin

Apr 6, 2012
Philly
5.1.11 Boot + magisk 16.6 or 16.7, I tried both today the result is the Phone boots, but there after I have no root (magisk Manager keeps crashing) and no Wifi either.

Need to restore back to 5.1.6 which is that last boot image I've had success with and magisk 16.3 compiled for treble.

However I've a hell of a time doing so, flashing 5.1.6 boot. thenhung at "ANDRIOD" on me. So I tried a TWRP restore (everything except for EFS), Which is why I have a TWRP backup in the first place however that returns a black screen so worse than useless.

So how to recover from this situation where boot is bad. I went all the way back to 5.1.7 then upgraded online to 5.1.9 and then offline to 5.1.11
1. Backup TWRP backup off the phone.
2. Re-flash stock, then upgrade (may as well to latest), 5.1.11 as of now.
This clears Data and storage!
3. This gives you a clean slate of boot, system and vendor
4. Copy TWRP back top the phone
5. Flash the same system as previously used.
6. Boot into TWRP and restore only DATA
7. reboot your phone should be the same as previously
8. Optional reboot and flash Root if desired, You could do this as part of 7, but to be safe I waited till after the first boot.

ERIC
Im having the same issue youre describing. I can root but then there is no data or wifi. Its strange. OP, you have any insight?

feeq13

Feb 18, 2011
shah alam
1st time here, n done it, pixel exp.
but, im wondering how do I go back to stock? will it revert back my AB to normal?

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

1st time here, n done it, pixel exp.
but, im wondering how do I go back to stock? will it revert back my AB to normal?
Oh, and how do i install twrp? Cant find a guide. Normal flash twrp wont work.

JahSam

Oct 12, 2013
Grenoble
Hi guys, I may be bad but I don't find how to (or what to) edit open gapps package to install only apps I want (I used to do it by the aroma way but since it doesn't work on OP6...).
If someone can tell me or pointing me where i can find a tuto or something...

Thanks a lot !

Skorm92

Mar 16, 2013
Sprang-Capelle
Did everything according to instruction, flashed 5.1.7 before doing so,
Still every treble rom either goes to crashdump mode, or stuck on boot logo.

Why is it so damned hard to get even a single treble rom working on this forsaken treble device :(

borg79

Sep 11, 2010
Did everything according to instruction, flashed 5.1.7 before doing so,
Still every treble rom either goes to crashdump mode, or stuck on boot logo.

Why is it so damned hard to get even a single treble rom working on this forsaken treble device :(
I got similar situation, twrp flashed unsuccessfully with error, even I can go back to srock rom, I think the partitions are messed up by the guides!

Updated:
After re-flashing the stock rom 9.0.1 and perform system update, I successfully install twrp by the following steps :
1. fastboot boot "twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark.img'"
2. install "twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.85_op6.zip" in TWRP *
(* Remember to copy the zip file to the internal storage first)

However, if you are going to flash a new custom rom, you have to stick to the following order

1. boot your phone into a temporarily twrp using "fastboot boot twrp...img"
2. install the rom only and do not reboot.(at this moment) You may continue to install add-on zip file such as custom kernel .
3. install the twrp zip file, then choose "REBOOT", "RECOVERY" to re-enter into current TWRP screen without really reboot the phone.
4. continue to install the gapp zip file .
5. continue to install the magisk zip file and then reboot the phone.

Last edited: