• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE][HOW-TO] Fully root Huawei Ascend P7 L10

Search This thread

majcomtech

Apr 11, 2012
After upgrading to 3.0, follow the steps (I recommend to use FORCE UPGRADE using Vol + + Vol - + Power. But be sure to save your important data if you are not using SDCARD):

1. Download the boot image file below, correspond to your firmware version. (I've made this boot.img unlocked. I'm not responsible for the bootloop of your phone)

2. Download and install HiSuite. (Optional for Windows 8 and above).

3. Flash the boot image file.
- Connect your device via data cable into your pc.
- Choose PC Suite (HiSuite) from your device.
- Download and extract ADB Flash Tools.
- Copy the boot image file correspond to your firmware inside ADB Flash Tools folder.
- Run cmd.exe:
- Type adb reboot bootloader
- Type fastboot flash boot BOOT_EMUI3.0_XXX_UNLOCKED.img (XXX is the number correspond to your firmware)
- Type fastboot reboot

4. Root using iRoot or Kingo Android Root.

5. Download and install busybox from playstore.

6. Remove set_immutable.list using terminal emulator.
Type in the terminal emulator:
Code:
su
mount -o rw,remount /system
cd system
lsattr
chattr -R -i *
rm –f /system/set_immutable.list
lsattr
(Enter after each line...it's LASTTR with an L not a capital i)

You are fully (100%) rooted.

1. BOOT_EMUI3.0_616_UNLOCKED.img
2. BOOT_EMUI3.0_615_UNLOCKED.img
3. BOOT_EMUI3.0_613_UNLOCKED.img
4. BOOT_EMUI3.0_609_UNLOCKED.img
5. BOOT_EMUI3.0_619_UNLOCKED.img
6. BOOT_EMUI3.0_620_UNLOCKED.img
7. BOOT_EMUI3.0_621_UNLOCKED.img
8. BOOT_EMUI3.0_623_UNLOCKED.img

Good luck!

Last edited:

gregysk

May 14, 2014
Redmi 9
After flashing boot 608.img true adb phone won't reboot...stop at huawei logo and just blinking red,green,red...wrong boot.img

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

mikesa

Jun 25, 2007
Budapest
I came from: 133 then update B602 update.zip and B609 ota update.zip and B609 full update. (I tired anno this boot image on B602 but same problem, stop at Huawei logo and blinking led)

gregysk

May 14, 2014
Redmi 9
and u have bricked ur device... isnt it... to unbrick try to flash stock boot from 609 if u r able to start fastboot...

I didnt brick my device,i just went to some kinfd of bootloop because of bad or wrong boot.img.Shutdown phone,start phone in cwm recovery and restored backup and thats it,Im back on start,wait for better solution to get full root or how to delete immutable.list without he return back after reboot.Im not dev but I think that these problem is in ramdisk and that is not my area :)

mikesa

Jun 25, 2007
Budapest
Ok mate but @majcomtech explain in first post "how to.."get full root,isn`t he?He put download link to chinese b.608 img,isn`t he?I just followed his steps,no more no less...

Hey dude do not angy! :p

I succesfuly flash BOOT_EMUI3.0_STOCK_B608.img but cant remove pernament set_immutable list!
But I flash boot_HRT_EMUI3.0.img and my ROM FULL (100%) ROOTED! :)

So:
After upgrading to 609 using the full version firmware, follow these steps:
1. Download "boot_HRT_EMUI3.0.img" - https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Tg&usp=sharing
(Credits to the Devs and to natorus87)
2. "boot_HRT_EMUI3.0.img" (fastboot flash boot boot_HRT_EMUI3.0.img)
3. Root using Root Genius (ENG/CN version).
4. Download and install busybox.
5. Remove set_immutable.list using terminal emulator, type in terminal emulator:
su
cd system
lsattr
chattr -R -i *
lsattr

Good luck! ;)

Last edited:

majcomtech

Apr 11, 2012
After flashing boot 608.img true adb phone won't reboot...stop at huawei logo and just blinking red,green,red...wrong boot.img

did you flashed your L10 with L-07-L10 3.0 firmware? if yes, then revert back to fully 2,3 environment, not using flashing imgs.

majcomtech

Apr 11, 2012
I came from: 133 then update B602 update.zip and B609 ota update.zip and B609 full update. (I tired anno this boot image on B602 but same problem, stop at Huawei logo and blinking led)

problem exists if your 2.3 is not a fully 2.3 environment. you reverted your phone back from 604 to 2.3 using flashing imgs, right?

Last edited:

majcomtech

Apr 11, 2012

I succesfuly flash BOOT_EMUI3.0_STOCK_B608.img but cant remove pernament set_immutable list!

So:
1. Download "boot_HRT_EMUI3.0.img" - https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Tg&usp=sharing
5. Remove set_immutable.list using terminal emulator, type in terminal emulator:
su
cd system
lsattr
chattr -R -i *
lsattr

Good luck! ;)

no prob. atleast you found another option and you share it also. i was not able to try boot-hrt 'coz after using the BOOT_EMUI3.0_STOCK_B608.img it works fully rooted immediately. nice to hear that. :good:

gregysk

May 14, 2014
Redmi 9
did you flashed your L10 with L-07-L10 3.0 firmware? if yes, then revert back to fully 2,3 environment, not using flashing imgs.

No,I update my previus B.602 with B.609 true local update(update.app).Ok guys,I will try tomorow one more time booth metods.Regards..

blueIBI

Jun 9, 2012
can someone proof the method by mikesa??
which version of root genius did you take?

tested and works on P7-L10 B609 full update (~1,21GB)..

it is highly recommended to keep the king user root app..

i took the root genius version 1.8.7 (en) and flashed the boot_hrt_emui3.0.img..

works like charm..

thanks mikesa for this tipp..

and thanks for the devs of the boot.img ;)

greetz

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After upgrading to 3.0, follow the steps (I recommend to use FORCE UPGRADE using Vol + + Vol - + Power. But be sure to save your important data if you are not using SDCARD):

1. Download the boot image file below, correspond to your firmware version. (I've made this boot.img unlocked. I'm not responsible for the bootloop of your phone)

2. Download and install HiSuite. (Optional for Windows 8 and above).

3. Flash the boot image file.
    - Connect your device via data cable into your pc.
    - Choose PC Suite (HiSuite) from your device.
    - Download and extract ADB Flash Tools.
    - Copy the boot image file correspond to your firmware inside ADB Flash Tools folder.
    - Run cmd.exe:
    - Type adb reboot bootloader
    - Type fastboot flash boot BOOT_EMUI3.0_XXX_UNLOCKED.img (XXX is the number correspond to your firmware)
    - Type fastboot reboot

4. Root using iRoot or Kingo Android Root.

5. Download and install busybox from playstore.

6. Remove set_immutable.list using terminal emulator.
    Type in the terminal emulator:
    Code:
    su
    cd system
    lsattr
    chattr -R -i *
    lsattr

1. BOOT_EMUI3.0_616_UNLOCKED.img
    2. BOOT_EMUI3.0_615_UNLOCKED.img
    3. BOOT_EMUI3.0_613_UNLOCKED.img
    4. BOOT_EMUI3.0_609_UNLOCKED.img
    5. BOOT_EMUI3.0_619_UNLOCKED.img
    6. BOOT_EMUI3.0_620_UNLOCKED.img
    7. BOOT_EMUI3.0_621_UNLOCKED.img
    8. BOOT_EMUI3.0_623_UNLOCKED.img

Good luck!
    I successfuly rooted my P7, using information from previous posts. I tried to collect all these information in single Step By Step Guide. Once again, big THANKS to blueIBI and majcomtech.

Lazy subscribers of this forum! Maybe they do all of their own and noone shows them how to do it.

Members like Swellboy are rude and dont improve this community at any way.

Here is what I have done:

1. Enable the USB debugging mode on phone.
    2. Connect Phone to USB and choose PC Suite (HiSuite) mode. Under My Computer, the new CD drive will appear. Install the application HiSuite from it. This software contains all necessary drivers. Wait until Windows recognize all drivers. It is very important to see the "Android adapter ADB interface" in Windows's Device Manager - without it you cannot access to ADB by Fastboot tool.
    3. Download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot - instructions here. New icon "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" is appeared on Desktop.
    4. Download bootimage boot_HRT_EMUI3.0.img from following URL. Copy it at C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
    5. Power down the phone, connect it to USB and power it up while holding the volume down button. This will start phone in Fastboot and rescue mode (white background with green android robot picture) and phone unlocked/locked information.
    6. Double click at Minimal ADB and Fastboot icon on desktop. It will be command prompt opened at location where neccessary files are C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot. Execute the command fastboot devices just to check is there communication between phone and PC. You should get phone ID in output if everything is OK. You could get an error about firewall. Just disable the firewall and start over again.
    7. Execute next command: fastboot flash boot boot_HRT_EMUI3.0.img. Output should be like this:
    attachment.php

8. Execute command fastboot reboot to restart phone.
    9. Download program Root Genius from here and root the phone using it. Phone should be connected to USB in PC Suite (HiSuite) mode with Debugging mode enabled.
    10. At the end of root process, you will be asked on phone to install Kinguser app for managing applications with root privileges, uninstalling all applications(including system applications), and managing startup applications. Confirm installing of Kinguser.
    11. With free application Root Checker Basic you can check that phone is rooted.
    12. Install following applications: BusyBox Free and Terminal Emulator. BusyBox is software that provides several stripped-down Unix tools in a single executable file. Terminal Emulator is software for using busybox commands.
    13. In Terminal Emulator, execute following commands:
    Code:
    su
    cd system
    chattr -R -i *
    mv –f /system/set_immutable.list /system/set_immutable.list.old
    14. From this URL download original B609 boot image and copy it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot".
    15. Turn the phone off, connect USB cable and start the phone in Fastboot and rescue mode (just described in step 5 above).
    16. Execute command: fastboot flash boot boot-stock-B609.img. Command output should be like this:
    attachment.php

17. That is it. :cool:
    Ok mate but @majcomtech explain in first post "how to.."get full root,isn`t he?He put download link to chinese b.608 img,isn`t he?I just followed his steps,no more no less...

So:
    su
    cd system
    lsattr
    chattr -R -i *
    lsattr

Good luck! ;)
    In my phone it doesnt work...

This verified works.

Code:
    http://uloz.to/xagtEKZu/openrecovery-twrp-2-8-1-0-emui30-repack-img

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Nice thread. Thanks OP

Edit: UNABLE TO ROOT, rootgenius didn't work, nor iRoot... Has anyone managed to root B619?

After installation of the whole rom B619 flash this (in Bootloader) http://uloz.to/xagtEKZu/openrecovery-twrp-2-8-1-0-emui30-repack-img
    Then get in Reboot Recovery, just system restart.
    Install Super su, it will only run. You just confirm.
    Then get in Reboot Recovery again and flash Kernel https://mega.co.nz/#!AENmiZRL!EFpkbOTQb4mAv-u-J-XTP47OizjkyeXJbyYJK-qEtjo
    Next just follow this:
    1. Download and install busybox from playstore.
    2. Remove set_immutable.list using terminal emulator.
    3. Type in the terminal emulator:
    Code:
    su
    cd system
    lsattr
    chattr -R -i *
    lsattr