[GUIDE] How to get a HIGH QUADRANT SCORE

Vito Andolini Corleone

Jan 7, 2011
Miami
Halo!

Well I had originally started this thread to find a way to increase my quadrant score which was lying in 800's when i was on eclair 2.1, then i had a score around 1.2 K while i was on Froyo Beta 3 by Z. I had read so many posts in which people claimed to have a score of 2.5 K and above!!!

Now that i know how to improve your Quadrant score and make your phone fly, i am editing this post and converting it into a guide which aims to help fellow xperia users to get a high score.

Thanks to my friends here who helped me know the method! Love you :D

Okay now the introduction has been taken care of, lets start with the work at hand.

Follow these simple steps correctly and then enjoy remarkably high quadrant score.

1) Go to Xrecovery by Z
2) perform a full system wipe
3) delete dalvik cache
4) wipe battery stats
5) install a fresh copy of beta 4 by Z (this can be found here )
6) reboot the system
7) let your device run for about 15 to 20 mins, and reboot your phone a couple of times giving your phone 15 to 20 minutes time before each reboot so that the xperia gets adjusted with the new settings)
8) install gapps
9) install data2sd.zip by Z from here via x recovery
10) reboot
11) let the system get adjusted with data2sd
12) reboot once again
13) wait for some time
14) run quadrant benchmark and see your jaw drop down when you see the score ;)

Additional Tweaks

Usage of d2sd, may lead to some sporadic lags unless you tweek vm heap and sysctl. Both can be adjusted using apps in market. The settings are posted below which should help you to eliminate these lags by a great extent.

1) SYSCTL SETTINGS

With the appropiate settings, this app can improve performance and battery life. What it does is that it modifies certain kernel parameters related to virtual memory management.

As a reference, the settings I used were:

min free kbytes: 16284
dirty ratio: 5
dirty background ratio: 3
vfs cache pressutre: 0
Oom allocating task: Enabled

(credits to burshturs for the settings)

2) VM HEAP SETTINGS

Keep it at 32

3) It is also advisable to clean your cache periodically, one such app which will help you in doing so is cache cleaner NS which can be found in the android marketplace.

4) You can also use apps like "set cpu" which is a paid app and is available in the marketplace. It basically overclocks your processor which makes your device more snappy. But use this app with care. Another alternative is "Overclock Widget" which is free of cost in the android marketplace. It too performs the same Function as SetCPU. But let me warn you before hand, use the over clock apps only for quadrant scores, they heat up your device if you clock it to 1GHz all the time. In additional to heating it will also consume more battery.

5)You can also put your device in aeroplane mode, this helps in getting a better quadrant score only!

ISSUES
The phone will lag a bit in the beginning, but as the day progresses, your phone will run smoother and smoother and then after a day or two you will see that your phone starts flying! You can follow the above listed Tweaks to remove the lags if they persist.

Additional Tips:-

I would recommendyou to use better quality SD cards, preferably class 6 to 10 since they are relatively faster in processing and rallying data to and fro from the SD card thus making your device more responsive and fast.

DISCLAIMER!!! The data2sd.zip is an experimental feature to play around with and is not supported by Z at the moment.

One more thing, Post your scores here and hit the thanks button if this thread helps you out! Please give a good Rating to this thread inorder to keep it alive so that future xperia users can also have a look at it. :)

My screen shot with beta4, data2sd enabled.

My screen shot with beta 3, data2sd not enabled.

Credit once again to benz0076, DooMLoRD,tuner520,Z and wolfbreak

Cheers!

AdY

Last edited:

mrljlamon

Jan 5, 2011
quadrant with my 2.1 with jit and other mods = 850-880 every time. (highest)
quadrant with 2.2.1 ....check the image. (highest).. my lowest was like 1145 or something.

now you have to decide what u want haha.
my suggestions. cross over to 2.2.1. works flawless for me (besides the fact the camcorder isnt yet working on the rom) not a big deal for me.

if ur gonna stay on 2.1 try searching for the build.prop edits thread

Attachments

Reactions: $layer

mrljlamon

Jan 5, 2011
idk if thats possible.
i saw some threads about making backups using xrecovery and just restoring when u wanna switch being the "closest" to dual booting. takes about 10 minutes each time.

Vito Andolini Corleone

Jan 7, 2011
Miami
Hey I have now got 2.2. Beta 3but my device is (placed over galaxy s but its below evolution. What should I do now?
quadrant with 2.2.1 ....check the image. (highest).. my lowest was like 1145 or something.

my suggestions. cross over to 2.2.1. works flawless for me (besides the fact the camcorder isnt yet working on the rom) not a big deal for me.

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Reactions: $layer

Freak174

Feb 6, 2010

How did you get that hight amount upto ~1500? Im laying on 1175, got beta3 using galaxy theme

Last edited:

benz0076

Jan 13, 2011
I have around 2500

Using Freex10 beta4 with data2sd
Data2sd really works it boosted my score to 2500 and it used to be 1500

Got to love that Z guy for making it...

tuner520

Sep 6, 2010
琉球 - Ryukyu Islands
Quadrant max 2622, SQLite 29.12seconds. FreeX10beta4 + data2sd http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=900441&page=468. Backup apps with Titanium first, fresh install bets4, note: cannot restore app data, no need to partition SD, make sure you have a gig or 2 free on SD, BE VERY PATIENT while install and first couple reboots. Better quality SD cards recommended, higher class better too.

benz0076

Jan 13, 2011
did it this way...

since u anyways want to try data2sd u wont be able to access the 'current' DATA partition.. so i suggest u just start off with fresh beta4 install...

*** be sure that u r having the latest baseband ***

1) full wipe
2) clean cache
3) clean dalvik-cache
4) install from custom zip -> FreeX10-beta4.zip
5) install from custom zip -> gapps_FreeX10.zip
6) restart/reboot the phone
7) wait for some time to let stuff settle down
8) do 2 or 3 reboots, wait 10-15 mins each time
9) install from custom zip -> FreeX10-data2sd.zip
10) reboot - 1st boot might take some time... even after boot wait for some time (10-15 mins)

thats about it... got it working and getting brilliant quadrant scores (2776)!!!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=48

Vito Andolini Corleone

Jan 7, 2011
Miami
did it this way...

since u anyways want to try data2sd u wont be able to access the 'current' DATA partition.. so i suggest u just start off with fresh beta4 install...

*** be sure that u r having the latest baseband ***

1) full wipe
2) clean cache
3) clean dalvik-cache
4) install from custom zip -> FreeX10-beta4.zip
5) install from custom zip -> gapps_FreeX10.zip
6) restart/reboot the phone
7) wait for some time to let stuff settle down
8) do 2 or 3 reboots, wait 10-15 mins each time
9) install from custom zip -> FreeX10-data2sd.zip
10) reboot - 1st boot might take some time... even after boot wait for some time (10-15 mins)

thats about it... got it working and getting brilliant quadrant scores (2776)!!!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=48
thanks for the tip! i have pressed the thanks button and now i am gonna try it out right away!

Reactions: neptune.joel

Vito Andolini Corleone

Jan 7, 2011
Miami
Well now my score is above 2.1 K! A reboot helped me out. When I open apps initially the system lags, I guess its because of a slow SD card. When I unlock my screen nothing shows up. After I wait for 5 seconds then i CAn unlock my phone. Any tips?

Sent from my X10i using XDA App