• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[GUIDE] How to Get Free Wifi Tether on Droid Bionic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
So, here's a way you can get FREE wifi tethering/mobile hotspot on your Droid Bionic so you don't have to pay Verizon twice for the same internet you are already paying for. I don't know why Verizon would block this feature especially when you consider that there's a 2GB cap on your mobile internet usage anyways.

<MOD EDIT>

Last edited by a moderator:

FcoT

Sep 8, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
I am grandfathered in, Verizon throttles you once you reach 5gigs while on 3G, but they haven't been able to throttle 4G still, enjoy it while it lasts, I am at >3 gigs so far this month, and that is with no tethering!

zedomax

Mar 23, 2010
Daly City, CA
HighOnAndroid.com
thats fine

im trying to do this but i have windows 7. for some reason the usb is not recognized by my comp... also do u have the latest readiocomm for me it says that mine is 2 month old

thats fine just ignore all the warnings bud, just get it running. downloadable radiocomm on the web is like 2 years old, the one i used, they work though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, here's a way you can get FREE wifi tethering/mobile hotspot on your Droid Bionic so you don't have to pay Verizon twice for the same internet you are already paying for. I don't know why Verizon would block this feature especially when you consider that there's a 2GB cap on your mobile internet usage anyways.

<MOD EDIT>
    If you are going to advise people to use Radiocomm, you need to have a lot better instructions and be a lot more clear about what exactly you are changing and the danger of using a powerful and extremely dangerous app like RadioComm.
    You also need to understand that the radio NVM of a SIM based LTE device like the Bionic is overridden by the authentication protocols on the SIM. Even if you change the NV items as per your very poorly executed instructions, they are ignored by the SIM and will not be used for authentication.

It's really important to understand how these things work properly before rushing into putting up guides and videos and telling people it's safe to do.

The proper MA chipset base for the Bionic and the Droid 3 is Common/MDM6x00 not MSM7500 as you stated. The correct tab for the STELEM/RDELEM module will then be P2K4.

Not to rain on your picnic, but RadioComm is a very dangerous program and clarity and explicit warnings and instructions are required to avoid a lot of people destroying there phones.
    MODERATOR MESSAGE

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED TEMPORARILY!

The title and OP of this thread really needs to be changed or the thread needs to be deleted. Otherwise people will just read the OP, try this and get screwed.

Unfortunately, there is some good discussion in this thread and some valuable information conveyed as well as a few hard knocks lessons about rushing into posting up guides containing poorly researched methods.

It's up to everyone who posts here to uphold the standards for the knowledge base on xda or anywhere else for that matter.

It's not about attracting attention to yourself and Donate to Me buttons.
    :cool:
    So tethering was not working for me using the prescribed method. I couldn't get an IP address assigned to devices that I connected. So I changed s few more values in the settings.db file and was able to enable tethering using the mobile tethering app. Don't know how Verizon will monitor, dont know any legal ramifications, or how this will be handled by Verizon (monitored or tracked, as I just got it working now).... So try it at your own risk i guess if you had the same trouble as me and sorry if this was mentioned before..

using SQL editor:
    AP_ENABLE. = 1
    Entitlement_check = 0
    After that was changed I wasnt getting a DHCP ip address properly assigned to connected devices...
    It wasn't until I changed the
    tether_reverse_nat_enabled = 1

And now I'm able to submit this from my iPad tethered to my bionic :)