• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[GUIDE] How to get max out of your battery

Search This thread

Ankush menat

Feb 22, 2013
Mumbai
In this post I'll give you tips to save your Android's battery and a How to get A FULL DAY lasting battery?
:)

Common tips:-
#1 Uncheck the Auto-Brightness and keep brightness to as low as 10%, also lower the screen timeout to 15 or 30 seconds. Add Power Control widget to your homescreen (comes preloaded with most phones). So you can increase brightness whenever necessary.

#2 don’t use Live wallpapers, If possible keep your background completely black, Black color is battery-friendly as well as eyeball friendly.

#3 Don't keep Mobile data (2G/3G)/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth always on, simply turn off whenever not required.

#4 GPS is another biggest battery eater. Don't turn on GPS unless you need accurate data (for navigation).

#5 Turn off (or keep at least 1HR time between auto-refresh) BACKGROUND SYNC from social apps/web app, If you really don’t need them. e.g. Facebook, Twitter, TapaTalk, G+.

#6 Turn OFF vibrate/Haptic feedback feature as it consumes a lot of juice.

#7 Use WI-Fi whenever available (at home), it impacts less on battery then mobile data connection.

#8 Disable bloatwares on your phone e.g. Samsung's S apps WARNING: Don't disable important system app.
How to do this...
Go to Settings->Apps->All apps->Select app(e.g. Samsung apps store)->disable.

#9 Weak cell signals may cause battery drain to increase dramatically, because radio will try a lot to establish connection. So if you know there is very few possibility of getting connection then better turn on the Flight mode temporarily.

#10 Don't use WEB based widgets unless you really need them. They increase load on CPU and indirectly on battery.

#11 Some apps wakes your device partially to collect data aka a "WAKE LOCK". This happens many times in day. Run the app Wake lock detector and find out which app is causing too much wake locks. Wake locks increase battery drain. IMs are generally biggest source of wakelocks, Google apps are second.

#12 Don’t use task killer/RAM Boosters. Why?
Android generally stores data from apps which you started recently as Cache. This helps to improve loading apps quickly. If you kill any apps manually, some apps will restart automatically and finally impacts a lot on battery and CPU soon you will find your phone laggy.

#13 Reboot your phone at least once in week. (Press and hold power button —> select shutdown -> wait untill it shuts down -> to start again press and hold power button)

#14 Remove additional accounts (setting->accounts) from phone if you don’t use them.

#15 Don't let your phone getting too much hot. This improves battery lifespan.

#16 If you have 3G connection then Switch to GSM (2G) while browsing and switch to WCDMA (3G) when you want to download files or want to surf faster. Use Opera mini browser for just browsing its way faster than others and light on resources (battery, CPU)

#17 Turn off Auto-Rotation when not required.
Still you can’t get a day long battery then carry portable power banks :p

Advance tips:-
WARNING: I am not responsible for any thermonuclear wars, bricked phones. Rooting voids warranty, do it at your own risk. Do your own research before doing anything.

#1 *ROOT* Use Greenify (or Titanium backup) app and freeze useless apps e.g. Social apps. WARNING: If you freeze IM apps you won’t get any message until you de-freeze it again.

#2 Clear you cache at least once in month... Do this by Going to recovery —>Clear cache partition.

#3 *ROOT* Undervolt/Underclock your device by using SetCPU when you don’t need much processor power.

#4 *ROOT* Uninstall bloatwares which are useless in most cases. if you are not sure about certain app then better do a GOOGLE search about it.

#5 Use app Tasker it is multipurpose tool to automate android by creating different profiles (e.g. turn off connectivity when display is turned off for more than 5 minute and so on)

#6 *highlyAdvance* Install any battery friendly Kernel (such as Franco).

#7 *highlyAdvance* Set to powersaver Kernel governors when you don't need performence.
More about kernel governers

PLEASE HELP ME TO ADD MORE TIPS
All neccesary things will be linked soon...
Credits:-
Xda
Me.. :p

Regards,
Ankush

Reactions: reizon and Atrvscet

faizandroidtech

Dec 29, 2013
Get Full Battery For A Day With No Comprimis on data networks!

Hey! This is my first post of hopefully many more!

1) The most important one is set your brightness to AUTO. This is really important and easily adds up to 5 hrs of extra juice!
2) Don't run many background apps and kill apps that use network in the background!
3) Download a good battery saver app (Battery Doctor is my Favorite :)) and let it optimize your settings for you!
4) Kill unused app repeatedly . Apps that run in the Background drain a lot of battery and RAM! You can see the app hogging your battery under Settings->Battery.
5) Charge your battery until 30% to 100% everytime.
6) Regularly Calibrate your battery . See this tutorial

Following these steps will easily get you a day+ juice with no compromise to your network or connectivity!
Please hit the thanks button if this was helpful!

1) The most important one is set your brightness to AUTO. This is really important and easily adds up to 5 hrs of extra juice!
3) Download a good battery saver app (Battery Doctor is my Favorite :)) and let it optimize your settings for you!
4) Kill unused app repeatedly . Apps that run in the Background drain a lot of battery and RAM! You can see the app hogging your battery under Settings->Battery.
At least post 1st post with facts.
All above written by you are wrong except point no (2)

1) AUTO brightness is battery guzzler as it runs on light sensor. Read OP.
3) No need of battery saver app. They only do things which you can do from status bar. Switching off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth,data, brightness etc.
4) Read OP. ( that is original 11st post on this thread)
5)Charge battery when it reaches very low like 5-15%, don't unplug till 100%.
6)Calibration is only deleting batterystats.bin It does not increase battery . It only deletes battery use history.

No offence but please write facts instead of useless things.

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction using xda-app
Using CWM........Busybox Commands........No I use my hands :D

Reactions: Ankush menat
Nice tips you got there. Wish it was more common for batteries to charge while walking or in the sun.
After I switched to CyanogenMod I noticed an improved battery-life.

Of course Cyanogenmod and AOSP give lot of battery life because they don't have bloat ware from manufacturer. When I use AOSP 2.3.7 I get 6-8 days backup(moderate use). With stock I get Max 3-4 days.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this post I'll give you tips to save your Android's battery and a How to get A FULL DAY lasting battery?
    :)

Common tips:-
    #1 Uncheck the Auto-Brightness and keep brightness to as low as 10%, also lower the screen timeout to 15 or 30 seconds. Add Power Control widget to your homescreen (comes preloaded with most phones). So you can increase brightness whenever necessary.

#2 don’t use Live wallpapers, If possible keep your background completely black, Black color is battery-friendly as well as eyeball friendly.

#3 Don't keep Mobile data (2G/3G)/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth always on, simply turn off whenever not required.

#4 GPS is another biggest battery eater. Don't turn on GPS unless you need accurate data (for navigation).

#5 Turn off (or keep at least 1HR time between auto-refresh) BACKGROUND SYNC from social apps/web app, If you really don’t need them. e.g. Facebook, Twitter, TapaTalk, G+.

#6 Turn OFF vibrate/Haptic feedback feature as it consumes a lot of juice.

#7 Use WI-Fi whenever available (at home), it impacts less on battery then mobile data connection.

#8 Disable bloatwares on your phone e.g. Samsung's S apps WARNING: Don't disable important system app.
    How to do this...
    Go to Settings->Apps->All apps->Select app(e.g. Samsung apps store)->disable.

#9 Weak cell signals may cause battery drain to increase dramatically, because radio will try a lot to establish connection. So if you know there is very few possibility of getting connection then better turn on the Flight mode temporarily.

#10 Don't use WEB based widgets unless you really need them. They increase load on CPU and indirectly on battery.

#11 Some apps wakes your device partially to collect data aka a "WAKE LOCK". This happens many times in day. Run the app Wake lock detector and find out which app is causing too much wake locks. Wake locks increase battery drain. IMs are generally biggest source of wakelocks, Google apps are second.

#12 Don’t use task killer/RAM Boosters. Why?
    Android generally stores data from apps which you started recently as Cache. This helps to improve loading apps quickly. If you kill any apps manually, some apps will restart automatically and finally impacts a lot on battery and CPU soon you will find your phone laggy.

#13 Reboot your phone at least once in week. (Press and hold power button —> select shutdown -> wait untill it shuts down -> to start again press and hold power button)

#14 Remove additional accounts (setting->accounts) from phone if you don’t use them.

#15 Don't let your phone getting too much hot. This improves battery lifespan.

#16 If you have 3G connection then Switch to GSM (2G) while browsing and switch to WCDMA (3G) when you want to download files or want to surf faster. Use Opera mini browser for just browsing its way faster than others and light on resources (battery, CPU)

#17 Turn off Auto-Rotation when not required.
    Still you can’t get a day long battery then carry portable power banks :p

Advance tips:-
    WARNING: I am not responsible for any thermonuclear wars, bricked phones. Rooting voids warranty, do it at your own risk. Do your own research before doing anything.

#1 *ROOT* Use Greenify (or Titanium backup) app and freeze useless apps e.g. Social apps. WARNING: If you freeze IM apps you won’t get any message until you de-freeze it again.

#2 Clear you cache at least once in month... Do this by Going to recovery —>Clear cache partition.

#3 *ROOT* Undervolt/Underclock your device by using SetCPU when you don’t need much processor power.

#4 *ROOT* Uninstall bloatwares which are useless in most cases. if you are not sure about certain app then better do a GOOGLE search about it.

#5 Use app Tasker it is multipurpose tool to automate android by creating different profiles (e.g. turn off connectivity when display is turned off for more than 5 minute and so on)

#6 *highlyAdvance* Install any battery friendly Kernel (such as Franco).

#7 *highlyAdvance* Set to powersaver Kernel governors when you don't need performence.
    More about kernel governers

PLEASE HELP ME TO ADD MORE TIPS
    All neccesary things will be linked soon...
    Credits:-
    Xda
    Me.. :p

Regards,
    Ankush
    Revolutionary batteries

Nice tips you got there. Wish it was more common for batteries to charge while walking or in the sun.
    After I switched to CyanogenMod I noticed an improved battery-life.

At least post 1st post with facts.
    All above written by you are wrong except point no (2)

1) AUTO brightness is battery guzzler as it runs on light sensor. Read OP.
    3) No need of battery saver app. They only do things which you can do from status bar. Switching off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth,data, brightness etc.
    4) Read OP. ( that is original 11st post on this thread)
    5)Charge battery when it reaches very low like 5-15%, don't unplug till 100%.
    6)Calibration is only deleting batterystats.bin It does not increase battery . It only deletes battery use history.

No offence but please write facts instead of useless things.