( GUIDE ) How to have consistent 30fps at low light environments on SNAPCHAT

Search This thread

Omair555

Apr 23, 2016
Most Android Phones suffer drop in fps while shooting snap-chat videos in dark or low lit environments and take screenshot of the screen instead of using the full potential of the camera resulting in crappy pics and videos . There is a work around to change that and its very simple.
Its recommended that you take a twrp backup before starting.

first thing first make sure you have a ROOTED phone .

1. Uninstall snap-chat

2. Download an app called Build.prop from the play store

3. Open build.prop and grant it root access.

4. search for the keyword Model and you will get a line named (ro.product.model) you have to edit that line to OnePlus A3003

5. Confirm that the phone model has changed to OnePlus A3003 by opening build.prop and searching for the model number .

6. Restart your phone and download snapchat .

Note : Tested on most lollipop and marshmallow roms on galaxy s5 , s6 , note 3, 4, 5 , LG G3 , LG G4 , HTC M8

Tested on some sony devices and ended up bootlooping. Dont try if u have other than samsung galaxy, LG , HTC and Oneplus devices.

Edit : U can change the phone model to
1. For all other brands to HTC 10 or ONEPLUS A3003
2. For galaxy note 3 SM-N900X
3. Note 4 SM-N910X
4. NOTE 5 SM-N920X
5. For s6 and s7 just erase the variant whether its P or T or whatever and put an X after the model number

Last edited:
Reactions: lucasrods

Omair555

Apr 23, 2016
* This mod will give u a smooth video recording experience as well as uses the full potential of the camera instead of just taking a screenshot of the viewfinder.

* on some android phones on which you have on screen soft keys the video or the picture is slightly cropped, by using this mod the snapchat will capture it with full screen

* solves the issue of filters not being displayed on some android phones

Happy snapping

Omair555

Apr 23, 2016
Its really weird why this works but it does.. Even changing the note 3 or 4 or 5's variant number made it work. I first tried it when i had a note 3 . It was a SM-N9005 i changed its model number to SM-N900X

nakkivene

Feb 22, 2015
There is not a ro.product.model line in my build prop, only lines close to that are ro.product.manufacturer=OnePlus and ro.product.brand=OnePlus. There are also no lines with the word "model".

So should I add the line ro.product.model=OnePlus A3003?

Omair555

Apr 23, 2016
There is not a ro.product.model line in my build prop, only lines close to that are ro.product.manufacturer=OnePlus and ro.product.brand=OnePlus. There are also no lines with the word "model".

So should I add the line ro.product.model=OnePlus A3003?

This is how its shown in my phone

ro.product.model=OnePlus A3003
ro.product.brand=samsung

So u r supposed to Add the line above ro.product.brand

Goodluck

Last edited:

Luis_0

Jul 8, 2014
After changing the Note 5 model number to N920X it doesn't let me log in to my SC account. and yes, I've followed your steps in order and I've changed it back to the original model name and it still doesn't let me in...
The strange thing is that when I log in in my note 5 it says that my account has been temporarily locked, but when I log in on another device my it login on my SC account...
Any help will be great ?

Omair555

Apr 23, 2016
After changing the Note 5 model number to N920X it doesn't let me log in to my SC account. and yes, I've followed your steps in order and I've changed it back to the original model name and it still doesn't let me in...
The strange thing is that when I log in in my note 5 it says that my account has been temporarily locked, but when I log in on another device my it login on my SC account...
Any help will be great ?

Make sure u dont have xposed framework installed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Most Android Phones suffer drop in fps while shooting snap-chat videos in dark or low lit environments and take screenshot of the screen instead of using the full potential of the camera resulting in crappy pics and videos . There is a work around to change that and its very simple.
    Its recommended that you take a twrp backup before starting.

first thing first make sure you have a ROOTED phone .

1. Uninstall snap-chat

2. Download an app called Build.prop from the play store

3. Open build.prop and grant it root access.

4. search for the keyword Model and you will get a line named (ro.product.model) you have to edit that line to OnePlus A3003

5. Confirm that the phone model has changed to OnePlus A3003 by opening build.prop and searching for the model number .

6. Restart your phone and download snapchat .

Note : Tested on most lollipop and marshmallow roms on galaxy s5 , s6 , note 3, 4, 5 , LG G3 , LG G4 , HTC M8

Tested on some sony devices and ended up bootlooping. Dont try if u have other than samsung galaxy, LG , HTC and Oneplus devices.

Edit : U can change the phone model to
    1. For all other brands to HTC 10 or ONEPLUS A3003
    2. For galaxy note 3 SM-N900X
    3. Note 4 SM-N910X
    4. NOTE 5 SM-N920X
    5. For s6 and s7 just erase the variant whether its P or T or whatever and put an X after the model number
    How does this work? Is there proof i.e code that says "if model is xyz do xyz"? Or is this all placebo? Curious.
    Doesn't work. Tried to change to a couple different phone models and still looks potato quality.