• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[GUIDE] How to have LTE/4G after convert US998 to H933 (including Pie beta)

Search This thread

Mrxyzl

May 1, 2015
HTML:
I am NOT responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. 
Please do some research if you have any concerns about breaking your 
phone after do this mod.
YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you 
point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
Hello guys, after seeing many try to frankeinstein from US998 to H933 (for many reason), many complaint of losing 3G/4G/LTE after awhile so i make a guide to get it back. So here are the steps
Please read the disclaimer above before you do anything
  1. Prerequisite: A Us998 converted to H933 (other model i am not sure), for the frankeinstein method please read it here
  2. First, remove your SD card and backup all data in your internal card, also remove SIM
  3. Get to hidden menu by *#546368#*933#
  4. Move to SVC Menu/ select factory reset (R&D) only , Make sure you already remove SIM, SD card and backup all data in internal storage
  5. Once the phone reset and reboot, insert SIM, now you should see 3G/4G icon show up in the setup wizard
  6. Continue through setup wizard (with either data or wifi)
  7. After finish setup (should do it fast), get to hidden menu again by *#546368#*933#
  8. Go to field test/ modem setting/PDP setting
  9. Select APN setting (there should list your carrier APN)
  10. Select the first APN in list (with Data on), delete it (you will lose data icon)
  11. Do the same with the next following APN (you should lose data icon now)
  12. Finally create your carrier APN, select it and you will have 3g/4g/lte now
  13. Now Data should be available even after reboot, enjoy your data

Note: if you have just kdz rom and still stay at setup wizard with available data, then you can continue from step 5

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HTML:
    I am NOT responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. 
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about breaking your 
    phone after do this mod.
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you 
    point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    Hello guys, after seeing many try to frankeinstein from US998 to H933 (for many reason), many complaint of losing 3G/4G/LTE after awhile so i make a guide to get it back. So here are the steps
    Please read the disclaimer above before you do anything
    1. Prerequisite: A Us998 converted to H933 (other model i am not sure), for the frankeinstein method please read it here
    2. First, remove your SD card and backup all data in your internal card, also remove SIM
    3. Get to hidden menu by *#546368#*933#
    4. Move to SVC Menu/ select factory reset (R&D) only , Make sure you already remove SIM, SD card and backup all data in internal storage
    5. Once the phone reset and reboot, insert SIM, now you should see 3G/4G icon show up in the setup wizard
    6. Continue through setup wizard (with either data or wifi)
    7. After finish setup (should do it fast), get to hidden menu again by *#546368#*933#
    8. Go to field test/ modem setting/PDP setting
    9. Select APN setting (there should list your carrier APN)
    10. Select the first APN in list (with Data on), delete it (you will lose data icon)
    11. Do the same with the next following APN (you should lose data icon now)
    12. Finally create your carrier APN, select it and you will have 3g/4g/lte now
    13. Now Data should be available even after reboot, enjoy your data

Note: if you have just kdz rom and still stay at setup wizard with available data, then you can continue from step 5