• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Guide] how to hide the root of bank applications

Search This thread

kaiiori

Apr 3, 2013
los cabos
Hello, how about after the updates of the bank applications that I use in Mexico, the legend appears that the root detects me before this did not happen to me so I started to investigate to find a solution and I found it then I share my guide that I hope serve if you also have this problem
Product-Right-xxl-phone.png

As I mentioned, I use the BBVA Mexico application and this legend came out detecting the root in my xperia :silly:
irst you must do the following pass the verification enable magisk hide and select the bank applications
banc-01.png

after doing this you must restart your phone so that there is no problem

I'll start with the BBVA Mexico application :fingers-crossed:
name: BBVA
package: com.bancomer.mbanking

-* with a file manager you have to go to the following directory /data/data/com.bancomer.mbanking/shared_prefs/
-* and open the file com.bancomer.mbanking_preferences.xml in text editor
-* locate the next line
Code:
<boolean name="devideRooted" value="true" />
We just have to change false to true, thus
-* locate the next line
Code:
 <boolean name="devideRooted" value="false" />
just delete the bak file that is generated when saving changes depending on the text editor some create these backup files
Open your application and it no longer detects root

now it is the turn of the Citibanamex application
Product-Right-xxl-phone1.png

name: Citybanamex
package: com.citybanamex.banamexmobile

-* with a file manager you have to go to the following directory /data/data/com.citybanamex.banamexmobile/shared_prefs/
-* and open the file BMX_PDM.xml in text editor
-* inside the file there are two strings look for the one that takes as a parameter
Code:
<string name="softoken_rooted">{xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;softoken_rooted":true}</string>
-* We need to remove the token use parameter first, because if we don't, root detects the token.
-* remove entire string from token save changes
-* and open the file com.citybanamex.banamexmobile.xml in text editor
-* you should add the following
Code:
-* add the following boolean below the other and save changes
if you open your application, the root detection will no longer appear in the token
-* When you open your application, the string that I previously deleted will appear but instead of seeing true it will be false
Code:
<string name="softoken_rooted">{xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;softoken_rooted":false}</string>

As you can see, the process is relatively different between bank applications, I hope my guide will help you to modify the application files that are stored on the device

Last edited:
Reactions: timofonic

IndianHacker

Oct 14, 2012
I am also facing similar issue for an Indian banking app, BHIM aafter the upgrade. It was working fine before. Tried editing in.org.npci.upiapp_preferences.xml but no luck..

megapinky

Dec 11, 2007
Morelos
Hello, how about after the updates of the bank applications that I use in Mexico, the legend appears that the root detects me before this did not happen to me so I started to investigate to find a solution and I found it then I share my guide that I hope serve if you also have this problem

As I mentioned, I use the BBVA Mexico application and this legend came out detecting the root in my xperia :silly:
irst you must do the following pass the verification enable magisk hide and select the bank applications
banc-01.png

-* with a file manager you have to go to the following directory /data/data/com.bancomer.mbanking/shared_prefs/
-* locate the next line
Code:
-* locate the next line
Code:
just delete the bak file that is generated when saving changes depending on the text editor some create these backup files

-* with a file manager you have to go to the following directory /data/data/com.citybanamex.banamexmobile/shared_prefs/
-* inside the file there are two strings look for the one that takes as a parameter
Code:
<string name="softoken_rooted">{xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;softoken_rooted":true}</string>
-* We need to remove the token use parameter first, because if we don't, root detects the token.
Code:
if you open your application, the root detection will no longer appear in the token
-* When you open your application, the string that I previously deleted will appear but instead of seeing true it will be false
Code:
<string name="softoken_rooted">{xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;softoken_rooted":false}</string>

As you can see, the process is relatively different between bank applications, I hope my guide will help you to modify the application files that are stored on the device

I tried it with the Banamex app (41.0.1) but don't work, I can not using, show this error, it's related? Can you help @kaiiori

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201215-212953_Citibanamex~2.png
    Screenshot_20201215-212953_Citibanamex~2.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 106

Rindmann

Dec 3, 2014
Dortmund
Hello Op and thanks for your Guide. I'm using sky go and it detects root, though I have everything hidden in magisk.

Can I edit the prefer there, too and edit them? I attach a picture of the file. :) Thanks a lot in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210105-005842.jpg
    Screenshot_20210105-005842.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 163

timofonic

Anyone can check the BBVA Spain app? Please...

They wrote a bunch of little child scaring crap in their corporate blog, it's ridicuous and missinforming...

Reactions: hunkdorlian

Angcrad

Jan 31, 2013
What is your problem? For me it works even without hiding Magisk
Hi, Could you please PM me the instructions in Spanish? Because I'm confused by the wording used and the typos, for example, it says to add a parameter "devideRooted" which I guess should be "deviceRooted", but neither work for me, as whenever I delete the line

It always comes back exactly the same

Datclefxuj

Jul 19, 2013
Bbva update her app, but LuckyPatcher do the work!

First, open LP and select bbva, Patch Menu, Change App Components
componentes.jpeg

Second, Change Permits and Activities Keep Signature
permisos.jpeg

Finally go down to find Rooted Device Activity and disable
cambiar.jpeg

Recompile app, and done! Bbva pass root

pd. Sorry for my bad english

Attachments

• permisos.jpeg
    permisos.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 67

JavierCasGarcia

Nov 30, 2021
I tried to make the previous steps that you describe
Bbva update her app, but LuckyPatcher do the work!

First, open LP and select bbva, Patch Menu, Change App Components
View attachment 5468797

Second, Change Permits and Activities Keep Signature
View attachment 5468801

Finally go down to find Rooted Device Activity and disable
View attachment 5468803

Recompile app, and done! Bbva pass root

pd. Sorry for my bad english
I tried the steps that you describe but when I recompile the app appear this

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-11-30 at 3.17.25 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-11-30 at 3.17.25 PM.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 31

Datclefxuj

Jul 19, 2013
Hi!, I run Lucky Patcher from LSPosed, with this I can recompile saving the signature. Maybe that's the problem. You can install lsposed change the properties of bbva and uninstall it.

Lsposed.jpg

My screenshot with magisk and bbva
root.jpg

Last edited:

hunkdorlian

Sep 23, 2021
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

banc-01.png

-* locate the next line
    Code:
    -* locate the next line
    Code:

Code:
    Code:
    Code:

thank you, works excellent on banamex app
    Has anyone worked with the citibanamex app?
    What is your problem? For me it works even without hiding Magisk
    Anyone can check the BBVA Spain app? Please...

They wrote a bunch of little child scaring crap in their corporate blog, it's ridicuous and missinforming...
    I run luckypatcher from lsposed as well but I get the same error like the other guy.
    Edit: checking the 3rd box worked for me
    Great!, just to be more specific this is the bbva version, maybe in other version it won't work
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-02 at 22.53.08.jpeg