Huawei Ascend P7 - ROOT with RootGenius

!!! CAUTION !!! I´m not the Developer of this Tool. Use it at your own Risk

German Support you find HERE

Downloads:

RootGenius (KLICK)
Huawei HiSuite (KLICK)

Preparation:

• Download Huawei HiSuite and install it on your PC
  • Activate USB Debugging on your Ascend P7 (Settings / About phone / Build number)
    Tap a serveral times at Build number till you got a Message on the Screen that you´re now a Developer.
    Then again on (Settings / Developer options), and activate USB Debugging.
  • Start HiSuite and connect the Ascend P7 via USB to the PC
  • If you do this the 1st time, HiSuite installs a Daemon on the Ascend P7
  • Choose as Connection Mode on the Ascend P7 HiSuite
  • If everything is OK then you can disconnect the Ascend P7 from the PC and close HiSuite

Execution:

• Download the RootGenius Tool and start it as an Admin
  • Connect the Ascend P7 via USB to the PC
  • Chose as Connection Mode on the Ascend P7 HiSuite
  • Click on Root Button in RootGenius
  • Wait a few Seconds, the Root process runs automatic
  • The Ascend P7 reboots during the ROOT Process
  • SuperSU is also now on the Ascend P7
  • You can check ROOT by RootChecker from the Play Store

I am not responsible for any Damage that can happen to your Device. Use this Guide on your own Risk !!!!

Last edited:

kkrisz75

Oct 14, 2012
Pécs
On my Ascend P7-L10 Build-Number : P7-L10V100R001C00B121SP01 it workes with no Problems.
SuperSU update via PlayStore and the Device is rooted.

Regards

Thank you.

The factory upgrade can then be applied? I do not want to replace rom, just use backup program. Eg titanium backup

Previous phone, a galaxy gio was running on CM7. I have used the factory rom for 2 days. Therefore, there is no experience regarding the factory upgrades. D

SeverusSnape

Mar 22, 2011
Kreis AS
verkehrswacht-amberg.de
Sorry for that, but i don´t know if Factory Updates can be applied, because there is no newer Rom available.
I don´t found a Download for the Stock Rom that was installed at delivery.

Regards

Last edited:

pyb38

Feb 16, 2009
Hi all,

I just received my Ascend P7-00.
After 2 updates, it is in version P7-L00V100R001C17B122SP01 and impossible to root it with the version 1.9.6 of Root Genius !

If you have any idea how to do it, I'll be glad (I need to remove all chinese apps which are polluting my phone !)

Regards

arthios

May 2, 2014
Sydney
Hi all,

I just received my Ascend P7-00.
After 2 updates, it is in version P7-L00V100R001C17B122SP01 and impossible to root it with the version 1.9.6 of Root Genius !

If you have any idea how to do it, I'll be glad (I need to remove all chinese apps which are polluting my phone !)

Regards

Do you still have these problems? I may be able to help.

whitespace

Jul 12, 2014
I have the same problems with my HUAWEI P7-L10 (P7-L10V100R001C00B116SP03)

I tried RootGenius v1.9.6 and v1.9.4 as well (AntiVirus deactivated) but both times it said that this device is not supported.
Has anyone an idea what I'm doing wrong?

arthios

May 2, 2014
Sydney

I tried RootGenius v1.9.6 and v1.9.4 as well (AntiVirus deactivated) but both times it said that this device is not supported.

I doubt you are doing anything wrong. I'm guessing you have upgraded your phone since you bought it. In some of the more recent Huawei upgrades for the Ascend P7, changes have been introduced by Huawei that render RootGenius and Vroot incompatible. I found the only answer was to revert the phone to an earlier build, root it with either RootGenius or Vroot and then apply the upgrades through HiSuite. This way you don't lose root.

The original rom for the L10 can be found here:

http://android-host.de/HUAWEI/P7/B121SP01/B121SP01.zip

It's a large download.

Once you have it, you need to extract the zip on your computer and then place the dload folder and its contents (update.app) onto a USB stick or your micro SD card and apply the update (settings/updates/system updates) using either the local update (SD card) or USB drive option. I think this should work but I don't have the same variant as you so I can't test. Nor can I guarantee it.

Most of the info on the P7 is in this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2643183

You may want to check it out before you do anything. A lot of the contributors have the L10.

Hope this helps

pyb38

Feb 16, 2009
Thanks @arthios for your trick,

You're right, I made the updates before rooting my device.
Unfortunately, I have a L00 version. I need to find the good ROM.

I'll let you know !

arthios

May 2, 2014
Sydney
Thanks @arthios for your trick,

You're right, I made the updates before rooting my device.
Unfortunately, I have a L00 version. I need to find the good ROM.

I'll let you know !

OK. You're in luck. The web site "needrom.com" has ROMs for the L00. You'll need to create an account before you can download. I suggest you take the most recent. I think it's build 119. Download it, extract the file to your computer, copy the dload folder and its contents to either SD or USB and using the phone, apply the update. Once it's all done you can root with RootGenius. I replaced the RootGenius binary with SuperSu from the play store. That's just my personal preference but you don't have to. Once rooted you can apply updates through HiSuite. Suggest you retain the ROM you download in case you need to repeat the exercise at some time in the future.

puneetmi

May 27, 2014
OK. You're in luck. The web site "needrom.com" has ROMs for the L00. You'll need to create an account before you can download. I suggest you take the most recent. I think it's build 119. Download it, extract the file to your computer, copy the dload folder and its contents to either SD or USB and using the phone, apply the update. Once it's all done you can root with RootGenius. I replaced the RootGenius binary with SuperSu from the play store. That's just my personal preference but you don't have to. Once rooted you can apply updates through HiSuite. Suggest you retain the ROM you download in case you need to repeat the exercise at some time in the future.

is there a way i can add google account to my L00 (CHINA UNICOM version). My problem is that i cannot sync my gmail contacts. and i use gmail contacts everywhere- on my iPhone and othe phones. Pls advice.

pyb38

Feb 16, 2009
is there a way i can add google account to my L00 (CHINA UNICOM version). My problem is that i cannot sync my gmail contacts. and i use gmail contacts everywhere- on my iPhone and othe phones. Pls advice.

Hi !

I had the same issue.
I found (somewhere here) an apk called Google Installer which allow you to install Google apps without being rooted.
It helps me to install the synchronization of my contacts from my Google account.

Regards

puneetmi

May 27, 2014
Hi !

I had the same issue.
I found (somewhere here) an apk called Google Installer which allow you to install Google apps without being rooted.
It helps me to install the synchronization of my contacts from my Google account.

Regards

thanks man.. it worked like a charm..are there any custom ROMs available for this device? and how to install TWRP or CWM recovery on this device?

Regards

pyb38

Feb 16, 2009
thanks man.. it worked like a charm..are there any custom ROMs available for this device? and how to install TWRP or CWM recovery on this device?

Regards

It seems that some guys are working on an alternative recovery. But it still under work !
Concerning custom ROMs, I just find one on a russian site. But for now that's all I found ...
I hope that some developers will fall in love for this device ;)

It could help to have a specific folder in xda !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Huawei Ascend P7 - ROOT with RootGenius

!!! CAUTION !!! I´m not the Developer of this Tool. Use it at your own Risk

German Support you find HERE

Downloads:

RootGenius (KLICK)
    Huawei HiSuite (KLICK)

Preparation:

• Download Huawei HiSuite and install it on your PC
    • Activate USB Debugging on your Ascend P7 (Settings / About phone / Build number)
      Tap a serveral times at Build number till you got a Message on the Screen that you´re now a Developer.
      Then again on (Settings / Developer options), and activate USB Debugging.
    • Start HiSuite and connect the Ascend P7 via USB to the PC
    • If you do this the 1st time, HiSuite installs a Daemon on the Ascend P7
    • Choose as Connection Mode on the Ascend P7 HiSuite
    • If everything is OK then you can disconnect the Ascend P7 from the PC and close HiSuite

Execution:

• Download the RootGenius Tool and start it as an Admin
    • Connect the Ascend P7 via USB to the PC
    • Chose as Connection Mode on the Ascend P7 HiSuite
    • Click on Root Button in RootGenius
    • Wait a few Seconds, the Root process runs automatic
    • The Ascend P7 reboots during the ROOT Process
    • SuperSU is also now on the Ascend P7
    • You can check ROOT by RootChecker from the Play Store

I am not responsible for any Damage that can happen to your Device. Use this Guide on your own Risk !!!!

I doubt you are doing anything wrong. I'm guessing you have upgraded your phone since you bought it. In some of the more recent Huawei upgrades for the Ascend P7, changes have been introduced by Huawei that render RootGenius and Vroot incompatible. I found the only answer was to revert the phone to an earlier build, root it with either RootGenius or Vroot and then apply the upgrades through HiSuite. This way you don't lose root.

The original rom for the L10 can be found here:

http://android-host.de/HUAWEI/P7/B121SP01/B121SP01.zip

It's a large download.

Once you have it, you need to extract the zip on your computer and then place the dload folder and its contents (update.app) onto a USB stick or your micro SD card and apply the update (settings/updates/system updates) using either the local update (SD card) or USB drive option. I think this should work but I don't have the same variant as you so I can't test. Nor can I guarantee it.

Most of the info on the P7 is in this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2643183

You may want to check it out before you do anything. A lot of the contributors have the L10.

Hope this helps
    bootlocker already unlocked
    can u pls give details of twrp recovery

-you need fastboot and adb program (link by majcomtech https://mega.nz/#!2JNgGBZA!g5u9q6m1j6T8jw0ubcprb7FQoU7Cl1MuZo1Proz0F2)
    -go here (how to install is in the post) http://xdaforums.com/ascend-p7/orig-development/recovery-twrp-2-8-7-0-touch-recovery-t3160130 and install twrp
    - go here and download supersu.zip https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
    -go in twrp recovery (use command adb reboot recovery) and flash supersu.zip
    -reboot and
    Download and install busybox from playstore.

6. Remove set_immutable.list using terminal emulator.
    Type in the terminal emulator:
    Code:
    su
    mount -o rw,remount /system
    cd system
    lsattr
    chattr -R -i *
    rm –f /system/set_immutable.list
    lsattr

(Enter after each line...it's LASTTR with an L not a capital i)
    TWRP Recovery 2.7.1.0 is available for the Huawei Ascend P7
    http://xdaforums.com/ascend-p6/orig-development/recovery-t2811965

Regards
    Yes, please send me the eng. version soon! But I'm on work too ;)

http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/78656497/file.html

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L07 using Tapatalk