Hi! Does it mean that I have to flash LineageOS 17.1 unofficial and give up the fingerprint sensor?Well, the answer is a yes and a no both.
Firstly, the steps of the guide are not totally correct. (At least for me). If the image is flashed after wiping system as described in the guide, and then flashing kernel, the OS doesn't starts. Instead it takes me to the boot loader screen. So, it seems like the system image needs a base ROM first to be flashed on.
So, i tried 2 ways.
1. I wiped the partitions described and then flashed miui eu rom (android 10). Then I flashed the havoc os image in system image, permissiver and everything works fine. The only issue is Bluetooth. The headset even gets connected to the device but the audio don't route through them. Instead they sound from the phone speaker. Even after trying to change it manually, it doesn't works.
2. Wiping, and then flashed Lineage OS 17.1 unofficial rom, then same steps, flashed Havoc OS into system image partition, but this time the kernel has to be LOLz, flashing permissiver with this gets the device into bootloop. Now everything works fine too, even the Bluetooth. It gets connected, stays connected and audio works properly.
The only reason i and maybe you might choose the first option is to get VOLTE support. There's a guide here on xda redmi 8 page, which enables VOLTE support for GSI ROMS.
Either you can get VOLTE working or Proper Bluetooth working.
P. S. I'm currently opting for the 2nd option, since I can manage to give up on VOLTE support. The Bluetooth works good.
Link to fix VOLTE for GSI :
I clean installed from 3.7 to 3.12 and headphone jack is working. Try rebooting. If that does not work clean flash the rom. Do not forget to keep backup.
Do i really need to flash that permisser and certification file. Another website don't say about it. Its havoc os 3.2Here I bring to you the official Havoc-os ROM for ARM64 A/B devices and fully functional on Redmi 8
The intention of this post is to make a step-by-step tutorial on the installation of this excellent GSI ROM on Redmi 8 and give assistance in the installation process
All the development credits for this wonderful ROM go to the Havoc team
You can follow his work in the next post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/development/rom-havoc-os-v3-0-t3996569
Telegram Support Group: https://t.me/havocofficial
Telegram Announcements Channel: https://t.me/Havoc_OS
What is working:
Everything works perfectly
Automatic brightness is not working, (brightness must be adjusted manual for now)
Update to fix the automatic brightness on your device, after installing the ROM, put in the folder SYSTEM-OVERLAY the treble-overlay-xiaomi-redmi 8.apk and set the permission for the apk on 644 and reboot ..... problem solved
the necessary files are at the end of the tutorial
Remember I am not a developer if you are presenting any bugs let us know and you can contact the Havoc team at the links described above
I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device by not following the steps or negligence at the time of this process, All the steps were carried out and tested on my personal device and are confirmed, My device Redmi 8 3/32 global version, the version that i tested Havoc-OS-v3.5-20200522-Official-arm64-ab.img.xz
First make a backup of all the necessary information in case something goes wrong you can easily recover,Charge the battery at least 80%
All your data will be deleted during the process
the necessary files are at the end of the tutorial
1) Unlock the Bootloader if you have not already done it or do not know how to, follow this post:http://en.miui.com/unlock/
2) Install a custon recovery and flash vbmeta.img together
Note: TWRP is recommended for this process but you should be aware that depending on your type of screen there may be problems (TWRP work fine on Tianma display), so you can also use Orange fox,
Note2: it is recommended not to use Hyper Shell for the installation of vbmeta.img it can cause problems, cmd can be used in the root folder plattform tools
Note3: If you already have the recovery installed and you are only going to flash vbmeta.img it is recommended to redo the full TWRP installation process together at vbmeta.img, restart in the recovery you can see that the encryption of the data is no longer available if you had it, and then boot in the ROM (in my particular case I did not do it first time and then could not put the files necessary for the installation in the internal memory)
Note4: use only This conmand to flash vbmeta.img " fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img" if you disable the secure boot loader with the Disable_Dm-Verity command then when starting in the ROM you will not be able to configure any lock or passsword for your devices.
3)Format data, if it doesn't format the data you will have bootloop
4)Make wipe only to cache, dalvik, system, data
5) Copy all the files to the phone (Havoc-OS-v3.5-20200522-Official-arm64-ab.img you can find it by unpacking the zip, permisiverv5, magisk,Certification Patch.zip, opengapp recommended nano or pico)
6) Install system image to system partition.
7) Install permissiver V5
8) Resize system partition to flash opengapps.
9) Flash Opengapps
10) Flash Certification Patch
12) Install Magisk (optional if you want rooted your ROM)
the boot process takes 5 to 10 minutes the first boot in case of any problem in any of the stages you can reinstall Miui version fastboot with Mi flash tool and start again
How upgrade (Same Android Version)
1 Make a Wipe on Dalvik and cache only.
2 install the 3.x version system image on the system partition
3 Install permissiver V5
4 Resize system partition to flash opengapps.
5 Flash Opengapps ( if you dont flash the gapps you will have a fc on google apps )
6 Flash Certification Patch
Download link Rom image: https://sourceforge.net/projects/havoc-os/files/arm64-ab/
Download lik Magisk : https://******************/
I hope the guide is helpful and enjoy it
Hey !Hy. I found a strange bug on both havoc os 3.12 and 4.1. When I connect a pair of headphones to my phone the sound works perfectly outputting from the headphones but when I try to play songs in a car radio with a headphone jack cable the sound is coming from my phone's speaker.