Search This thread

Janaine

Aug 15, 2020
I cant turn on my wifi please help

edit: I flashed lolz kernel and magisk now working

Last edited:

ShayFrost

Nov 8, 2020
Hiya, mates. Can any of you instruct me how fix autobrightness issue? I need a detailed explanation, if you will. Tnx in advance.

kouseralamin

Jul 20, 2020
Hiya, mates. Can any of you instruct me how fix autobrightness issue? I need a detailed explanation, if you will. Tnx in advance.

First flash the rom, gapps, ....... and rooting with magisk turn on the device. You will notice that auto brightness is not working. Make sure you have magisk installed. Then download any file explorer from play store. Download "treble-overlay-xiaomi-redmi8.apk". move that apk with file explorer to "/SYSTEM/OVERLAY" folder. File permission of "treble-overlay-xiaomi-redmi8.apk" should automatically be 644. But you may change it to 644 if not. then reboot.

kouseralamin

Jul 20, 2020
hi my problem is that after flashing Lineage os with lolz kernel everything is fine, but when flashing havoc I have a bootloop,

Can you tell me what steps did you follow after flashing Lineage os?

sorry for my english

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83424499&postcount=84

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

hi my problem is that after flashing Lineage os with lolz kernel everything is fine, but when flashing havoc I have a bootloop,

Can you tell me what steps did you follow after flashing Lineage os?

sorry for my english

also check this https://xdaforums.com/xiaomi-redmi-8/themes/olive-android-10-gsi-volte-fix-redmi-8-t4134263

HARRE93

Oct 26, 2020
Last edited:

privacyquestionable

Nov 8, 2020
GPS and SMS not working?

I have two issues:

1. GPS reception is very, very bad
in the NON-GApps variant and in the GApps variant. I already tried to change the gps.conf, but I couldn't get any improvement. I can't get a signal interior and it takes 10-20min to get a very weak signal outdoors. I'm checking the status with the App Satstats (fdroid)

2. No SMS (in the NON-GApps)
in the NON-GApps variant I'm not receiving any textmessages (SMS)

Can anybody help to fix these issues! Actually I like the ROM very much, but missing these two functions make it unusable for me...

Thanks!

SirInvoker

Jul 10, 2020
I have two issues:

1. GPS reception is very, very bad
in the NON-GApps variant and in the GApps variant. I already tried to change the gps.conf, but I couldn't get any improvement. I can't get a signal interior and it takes 10-20min to get a very weak signal outdoors. I'm checking the status with the App Satstats (fdroid)

2. No SMS (in the NON-GApps)
in the NON-GApps variant I'm not receiving any textmessages (SMS)

Can anybody help to fix these issues! Actually I like the ROM very much, but missing these two functions make it unusable for me...

Thanks!

Exactly Sir . This is what i faced last night after trying so hard ! i have 2 simcards ( sim 1 and sim 2 ofcourse ) . sim 1 sent msgs but didnt recieve any . but sim 2 did perfectly . after i got back to miui it got fixed . so i guess it havings issues with dual sim support .

elgouyo

Mar 2, 2020
no more development ?

Hello! Perfect ROM ! Thanks !

No more development ? Any arm64-AB 3.9 or 3.11 please ?

Anyway, thanks very much !

Tanzim Islam

Jun 6, 2020
Please help

Can any one tell me how to install this rom in Miui version 11.0.3.0 global android 10?
When I flash the vbmeta in 11.0.3.0 version my phone isn't booting it is on bootloop.
Can any one tell me the proper or full guide to install this rom in 11.0.3.0 android 10?

Please helpppp!

Rafi2020

Jan 9, 2020
Here I bring to you the official Havoc-os ROM for ARM64 A/B devices and fully functional on Redmi 8

The intention of this post is to make a step-by-step tutorial on the installation of this excellent GSI ROM on Redmi 8 and give assistance in the installation process

All the development credits for this wonderful ROM go to the Havoc team
@Ruturaj Kadam
@jhenrique09
@SKULSHADY

You can follow his work in the next post
: https://xdaforums.com/redmi-note-5-pro/development/rom-havoc-os-v3-0-t3996569
Telegram Support Group: https://t.me/havocofficial
Telegram Announcements Channel: https://t.me/Havoc_OS

What is working:
Everything works perfectly

Bugs
Automatic brightness is not working, (brightness must be adjusted manual for now)

Update
to fix the automatic brightness on your device, after installing the ROM, put in the folder SYSTEM-OVERLAY the treble-overlay-xiaomi-redmi 8.apk and set the permission for the apk on 644 and reboot ..... problem solved
the necessary files are at the end of the tutorial

Remember I am not a developer if you are presenting any bugs let us know and you can contact the Havoc team at the links described above

Steps

I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device by not following the steps or negligence at the time of this process, All the steps were carried out and tested on my personal device and are confirmed, My device Redmi 8 3/32 global version, the version that i tested Havoc-OS-v3.5-20200522-Official-arm64-ab.img.xz

First make a backup of all the necessary information in case something goes wrong you can easily recover,Charge the battery at least 80%
All your data will be deleted during the process

1) Unlock the Bootloader if you have not already done it or do not know how to, follow this post:http://en.miui.com/unlock/

2) Install a custon recovery and flash vbmeta.img together

Note: TWRP is recommended for this process but you should be aware that depending on your type of screen there may be problems (TWRP work fine on Tianma display), so you can also use Orange fox,
Note2: it is recommended not to use Hyper Shell for the installation of vbmeta.img it can cause problems, cmd can be used in the root folder plattform tools
Note3: If you already have the recovery installed and you are only going to flash vbmeta.img it is recommended to redo the full TWRP installation process together at vbmeta.img, restart in the recovery you can see that the encryption of the data is no longer available if you had it, and then boot in the ROM (in my particular case I did not do it first time and then could not put the files necessary for the installation in the internal memory)
Note4: use only This conmand to flash vbmeta.img " fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img" if you disable the secure boot loader with the Disable_Dm-Verity command then when starting in the ROM you will not be able to configure any lock or passsword for your devices.

3)Format data, if it doesn't format the data you will have bootloop

4)Make wipe only to cache, dalvik, system, data
5) Copy all the files to the phone (Havoc-OS-v3.5-20200522-Official-arm64-ab.img you can find it by unpacking the zip, permisiverv5, magisk,Certification Patch.zip, opengapp recommended nano or pico)
6) Install system image to system partition.
7) Install permissiver V5
8) Resize system partition to flash opengapps.
9) Flash Opengapps
10) Flash Certification Patch
11) Reboot
12) Install Magisk (optional if you want rooted your ROM)

the boot process takes 5 to 10 minutes the first boot in case of any problem in any of the stages you can reinstall Miui version fastboot with Mi flash tool and start again

How upgrade (Same Android Version)

1 Make a Wipe on Dalvik and cache only.
2 install the 3.x version system image on the system partition
3 Install permissiver V5
4 Resize system partition to flash opengapps.
5 Flash Opengapps ( if you dont flash the gapps you will have a fc on google apps )
6 Flash Certification Patch
7 Reboot

Download link Rom image: https://sourceforge.net/projects/havoc-os/files/arm64-ab/
Download lik Magisk : https://******************/

I hope the guide is helpful and enjoy it

jugaaru

Oct 2, 2017
Hi ,This is an update to the orginal post for people who have problems booting up the rom. i was having the same problem.
Note:
1. You do not need the base rom as some comment here said you need it .I tried doing that but it did not solve my issue.
2.if you have twrp and vbmeta flashed already , you do not need to do it again.
3. You can use Orangefox recovery also, that will get you the same result.
4. if you use sdcard or otg to flash your files from then you do not need to reboot to recovery after "format data= yes" you can stay in recovery and proceed
5. if you use internal storage to flash files the reboot to recovery after"format data=yes"

now lets gets started.
1.download latest havoc gsi from the link in the OP.
2.you have to extract the img file from img.xz file and rename it.
the method to do so is below you can skip it if you know how.

you will get a file like " Havoc-OS-v3.8-20200821-Official-GApps-arm64-ab.img.xz " you have to rename it as "Havoc-OS-v3.8-20200821-Official-GApps-arm64-ab.img" and then extract it using 7zip
you will get a file like "Havoc-OS-v3.8-20200821-Official-GApps-arm64-ab"
rename this file and add .img extension to it.
(Note: The reason i was getting boot loop because i did not extract the img file again)
3. now copy your Havos-os.img file + permissiver v5 + gapps + certification patch + magisk 20.4 (higer will get you to boot loop) to internal storage or sdcard etc.

4.The next process is same as OP.
Wipe system ,cache, Data
Flash Havoc to system
flah permissiver v5
Resize system partition
Flash Gapps
Flash certification patch
Flash magisk 20.4
and reboot to system.

Reactions: mwaseem851

Raynoval

Dec 18, 2020
Why when I have installed my cellphone I will immediately bounce into fastboot mode, so I have to flash it to fix it, because when it is formatted my cellphone cannot return to twrp mode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here I bring to you the official Havoc-os ROM for ARM64 A/B devices and fully functional on Redmi 8

The intention of this post is to make a step-by-step tutorial on the installation of this excellent GSI ROM on Redmi 8 and give assistance in the installation process

All the development credits for this wonderful ROM go to the Havoc team
    @Ruturaj Kadam
    @jhenrique09
    @SKULSHADY

You can follow his work in the next post
    : https://xdaforums.com/redmi-note-5-pro/development/rom-havoc-os-v3-0-t3996569
    Telegram Support Group: https://t.me/havocofficial
    Telegram Announcements Channel: https://t.me/Havoc_OS

What is working:
    Everything works perfectly

Bugs
    Automatic brightness is not working, (brightness must be adjusted manual for now)

Update
    to fix the automatic brightness on your device, after installing the ROM, put in the folder SYSTEM-OVERLAY the treble-overlay-xiaomi-redmi 8.apk and set the permission for the apk on 644 and reboot ..... problem solved

Remember I am not a developer if you are presenting any bugs let us know and you can contact the Havoc team at the links described above

Steps

I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device by not following the steps or negligence at the time of this process, All the steps were carried out and tested on my personal device and are confirmed, My device Redmi 8 3/32 global version, the version that i tested Havoc-OS-v3.5-20200522-Official-arm64-ab.img.xz

First make a backup of all the necessary information in case something goes wrong you can easily recover,Charge the battery at least 80%
    All your data will be deleted during the process

1) Unlock the Bootloader if you have not already done it or do not know how to, follow this post:http://en.miui.com/unlock/

2) Install a custon recovery and flash vbmeta.img together

Note: TWRP is recommended for this process but you should be aware that depending on your type of screen there may be problems (TWRP work fine on Tianma display), so you can also use Orange fox,
    Note2: it is recommended not to use Hyper Shell for the installation of vbmeta.img it can cause problems, cmd can be used in the root folder plattform tools
    Note3: If you already have the recovery installed and you are only going to flash vbmeta.img it is recommended to redo the full TWRP installation process together at vbmeta.img, restart in the recovery you can see that the encryption of the data is no longer available if you had it, and then boot in the ROM (in my particular case I did not do it first time and then could not put the files necessary for the installation in the internal memory)
    Note4: use only This conmand to flash vbmeta.img " fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img" if you disable the secure boot loader with the Disable_Dm-Verity command then when starting in the ROM you will not be able to configure any lock or passsword for your devices.

3)Format data, if it doesn't format the data you will have bootloop

4)Make wipe only to cache, dalvik, system, data
    5) Copy all the files to the phone (Havoc-OS-v3.5-20200522-Official-arm64-ab.img you can find it by unpacking the zip, permisiverv5, magisk,Certification Patch.zip, opengapp recommended nano or pico)
    6) Install system image to system partition.
    7) Install permissiver V5
    8) Resize system partition to flash opengapps.
    9) Flash Opengapps
    10) Flash Certification Patch
    11) Reboot
    12) Install Magisk (optional if you want rooted your ROM)

the boot process takes 5 to 10 minutes the first boot in case of any problem in any of the stages you can reinstall Miui version fastboot with Mi flash tool and start again

How upgrade (Same Android Version)

1 Make a Wipe on Dalvik and cache only.
    2 install the 3.x version system image on the system partition
    3 Install permissiver V5
    4 Resize system partition to flash opengapps.
    5 Flash Opengapps ( if you dont flash the gapps you will have a fc on google apps )
    6 Flash Certification Patch
    7 Reboot

Download link Rom image: https://sourceforge.net/projects/havoc-os/files/arm64-ab/
    Download lik Magisk : https://******************/

I hope the guide is helpful and enjoy it
    Hy. I found a strange bug on both havoc os 3.12 and 4.1. When I connect a pair of headphones to my phone the sound works perfectly outputting from the headphones but when I try to play songs in a car radio with a headphone jack cable the sound is coming from my phone's speaker.
    Hey !
    I had the same bug.
    To repair it, you need to root your Redmi.
    After, in a terminal in your phone, write : su (enter)

And then type setprop persist.sys.overlay.devinputjack true (enter)
    Reboot your system and it should be repaired !
    Enjoy!
    New release 3.8 changelog

Update - 17/08/2020
    What's New -
    Source Changelog -
    • Merged August Security Patch
    • Added Expanded volume panel
    • Added Linotte font
    • Added touch response optimizations
    • Added back Permissions hub in GApps builds
    • Added toggle to disable permissions hub
    • Added VOOC charging support
    • Added Home button wake support
    • Extended NavBar Pulse to LockScreen
    • Moved some settings into Media section
    • Improved Clipboard access toasts
    • Improved Carrier label settings
    • Added translations for a few languages
    • Other fixes and improvements

Device Changelog -
    • Update to coral august fp
    • Update Audio, Graphics & Media blobs from LA.UM.8.2.r1-06700-sdm660.0
    • Set screen off delay to 0
    • Adjust powerhint config for sdm636
    • Update some more audio stuff
    • Remove unnecessary common camera blobs
    • Kernel Upstreamed with tag 4.4.232
    I noticed that there are video bugs like other aosp custom rom but already fixed it by adding this code on build.prop
    add to /system/system/product/build.prop
    Code:
    debug.stagefright.ccodec=0
    Volte calls on jio do not work but internet works