GUIDE How to Instal GSI ROM- Havoc-OS-v3.X-Official-arm64 A/B On Redmi 8

Search This thread

yoranda

Feb 26, 2010
Bluetooth (with headphones) is now working !! the best custom rom I've ever had;)

Last edited:

Doctor Strangelove

Dec 29, 2014
Well, the answer is a yes and a no both.

Firstly, the steps of the guide are not totally correct. (At least for me). If the image is flashed after wiping system as described in the guide, and then flashing kernel, the OS doesn't starts. Instead it takes me to the boot loader screen. So, it seems like the system image needs a base ROM first to be flashed on.

So, i tried 2 ways.
1. I wiped the partitions described and then flashed miui eu rom (android 10). Then I flashed the havoc os image in system image, permissiver and everything works fine. The only issue is Bluetooth. The headset even gets connected to the device but the audio don't route through them. Instead they sound from the phone speaker. Even after trying to change it manually, it doesn't works.

2. Wiping, and then flashed Lineage OS 17.1 unofficial rom, then same steps, flashed Havoc OS into system image partition, but this time the kernel has to be LOLz, flashing permissiver with this gets the device into bootloop. Now everything works fine too, even the Bluetooth. It gets connected, stays connected and audio works properly.

The only reason i and maybe you might choose the first option is to get VOLTE support. There's a guide here on xda redmi 8 page, which enables VOLTE support for GSI ROMS.

So, conclusion,
Either you can get VOLTE working or Proper Bluetooth working.

P. S. I'm currently opting for the 2nd option, since I can manage to give up on VOLTE support. The Bluetooth works good.

Link to fix VOLTE for GSI :
https://xdaforums.com/xiaomi-redmi-8/themes/olive-android-10-gsi-volte-fix-redmi-8-t4134263
Hi! Does it mean that I have to flash LineageOS 17.1 unofficial and give up the fingerprint sensor?

yoranda

Feb 26, 2010
I had previously installed xiaomi.eu xiaomi.eu_multi_HM8_V11.0.8.0.PCNCNXM! and installed havoc 12 with these instructions (page 1)! bluetooth works perfectly! Attention do not install another kernel !! lolz kernel is integrated in Rom!
also installed Magix 20.4

potsau

Jun 22, 2012
Upgraded from 3.8 to 3.12 and the headphone jack stopped working. Is there any setting i need to change to make it work again?

bit.byte

Jan 26, 2021
Screenshot_20210126-182535.jpg

Try to change audio at misc feature and reboot. Its work for me

Reactions: potsau

Amanjot Singh

Jun 25, 2018
Sirhind
Here I bring to you the official Havoc-os ROM for ARM64 A/B devices and fully functional on Redmi 8

The intention of this post is to make a step-by-step tutorial on the installation of this excellent GSI ROM on Redmi 8 and give assistance in the installation process

All the development credits for this wonderful ROM go to the Havoc team
@Ruturaj Kadam
@jhenrique09
@SKULSHADY

You can follow his work in the next post
: https://xdaforums.com/redmi-note-5-pro/development/rom-havoc-os-v3-0-t3996569
Telegram Support Group: https://t.me/havocofficial
Telegram Announcements Channel: https://t.me/Havoc_OS

What is working:
Everything works perfectly

Bugs
Automatic brightness is not working, (brightness must be adjusted manual for now)

Update
to fix the automatic brightness on your device, after installing the ROM, put in the folder SYSTEM-OVERLAY the treble-overlay-xiaomi-redmi 8.apk and set the permission for the apk on 644 and reboot ..... problem solved
the necessary files are at the end of the tutorial

Remember I am not a developer if you are presenting any bugs let us know and you can contact the Havoc team at the links described above

Steps

I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device by not following the steps or negligence at the time of this process, All the steps were carried out and tested on my personal device and are confirmed, My device Redmi 8 3/32 global version, the version that i tested Havoc-OS-v3.5-20200522-Official-arm64-ab.img.xz

First make a backup of all the necessary information in case something goes wrong you can easily recover,Charge the battery at least 80%
All your data will be deleted during the process

1) Unlock the Bootloader if you have not already done it or do not know how to, follow this post:http://en.miui.com/unlock/

2) Install a custon recovery and flash vbmeta.img together

Note: TWRP is recommended for this process but you should be aware that depending on your type of screen there may be problems (TWRP work fine on Tianma display), so you can also use Orange fox,
Note2: it is recommended not to use Hyper Shell for the installation of vbmeta.img it can cause problems, cmd can be used in the root folder plattform tools
Note3: If you already have the recovery installed and you are only going to flash vbmeta.img it is recommended to redo the full TWRP installation process together at vbmeta.img, restart in the recovery you can see that the encryption of the data is no longer available if you had it, and then boot in the ROM (in my particular case I did not do it first time and then could not put the files necessary for the installation in the internal memory)
Note4: use only This conmand to flash vbmeta.img " fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img" if you disable the secure boot loader with the Disable_Dm-Verity command then when starting in the ROM you will not be able to configure any lock or passsword for your devices.

3)Format data, if it doesn't format the data you will have bootloop

4)Make wipe only to cache, dalvik, system, data
5) Copy all the files to the phone (Havoc-OS-v3.5-20200522-Official-arm64-ab.img you can find it by unpacking the zip, permisiverv5, magisk,Certification Patch.zip, opengapp recommended nano or pico)
6) Install system image to system partition.
7) Install permissiver V5
8) Resize system partition to flash opengapps.
9) Flash Opengapps
10) Flash Certification Patch
11) Reboot
12) Install Magisk (optional if you want rooted your ROM)

the boot process takes 5 to 10 minutes the first boot in case of any problem in any of the stages you can reinstall Miui version fastboot with Mi flash tool and start again

How upgrade (Same Android Version)

1 Make a Wipe on Dalvik and cache only.
2 install the 3.x version system image on the system partition
3 Install permissiver V5
4 Resize system partition to flash opengapps.
5 Flash Opengapps ( if you dont flash the gapps you will have a fc on google apps )
6 Flash Certification Patch
7 Reboot

Download link Rom image: https://sourceforge.net/projects/havoc-os/files/arm64-ab/
Download lik Magisk : https://******************/

I hope the guide is helpful and enjoy it
Do i really need to flash that permisser and certification file. Another website don't say about it. Its havoc os 3.2

prinz3nroll3

Dec 19, 2007
Hello,
i ve the auto brightness error. but how can i fix this?
1) i install magisk
2) download root file manager
3) get apk
4) where the hell is the right folder? i ve no system-overlay folder

-> is the brightness apk still valid for 3.12 havoc?
- > can i copy the file via twrp? because i need not to root the device
thanks a lot

HoFfI29992

Apr 18, 2013
i still have issues with bluetooth and audio playback on it.
it connects no problem but continues to play the music on the normal speaker.
with music running it stops for a split second when connected.
i tried every option in the misc features (see #151) and the bluetooth workarounds with restart in between, but no luck
i started with the 3.12

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here I bring to you the official Havoc-os ROM for ARM64 A/B devices and fully functional on Redmi 8

The intention of this post is to make a step-by-step tutorial on the installation of this excellent GSI ROM on Redmi 8 and give assistance in the installation process

All the development credits for this wonderful ROM go to the Havoc team
    @Ruturaj Kadam
    @jhenrique09
    @SKULSHADY

You can follow his work in the next post
    : https://xdaforums.com/redmi-note-5-pro/development/rom-havoc-os-v3-0-t3996569
    Telegram Support Group: https://t.me/havocofficial
    Telegram Announcements Channel: https://t.me/Havoc_OS

What is working:
    Everything works perfectly

Bugs
    Automatic brightness is not working, (brightness must be adjusted manual for now)

Update
    to fix the automatic brightness on your device, after installing the ROM, put in the folder SYSTEM-OVERLAY the treble-overlay-xiaomi-redmi 8.apk and set the permission for the apk on 644 and reboot ..... problem solved

Remember I am not a developer if you are presenting any bugs let us know and you can contact the Havoc team at the links described above

Steps

I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device by not following the steps or negligence at the time of this process, All the steps were carried out and tested on my personal device and are confirmed, My device Redmi 8 3/32 global version, the version that i tested Havoc-OS-v3.5-20200522-Official-arm64-ab.img.xz

First make a backup of all the necessary information in case something goes wrong you can easily recover,Charge the battery at least 80%
    All your data will be deleted during the process

1) Unlock the Bootloader if you have not already done it or do not know how to, follow this post:http://en.miui.com/unlock/

2) Install a custon recovery and flash vbmeta.img together

Note: TWRP is recommended for this process but you should be aware that depending on your type of screen there may be problems (TWRP work fine on Tianma display), so you can also use Orange fox,
    Note2: it is recommended not to use Hyper Shell for the installation of vbmeta.img it can cause problems, cmd can be used in the root folder plattform tools
    Note3: If you already have the recovery installed and you are only going to flash vbmeta.img it is recommended to redo the full TWRP installation process together at vbmeta.img, restart in the recovery you can see that the encryption of the data is no longer available if you had it, and then boot in the ROM (in my particular case I did not do it first time and then could not put the files necessary for the installation in the internal memory)
    Note4: use only This conmand to flash vbmeta.img " fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img" if you disable the secure boot loader with the Disable_Dm-Verity command then when starting in the ROM you will not be able to configure any lock or passsword for your devices.

3)Format data, if it doesn't format the data you will have bootloop

4)Make wipe only to cache, dalvik, system, data
    5) Copy all the files to the phone (Havoc-OS-v3.5-20200522-Official-arm64-ab.img you can find it by unpacking the zip, permisiverv5, magisk,Certification Patch.zip, opengapp recommended nano or pico)
    6) Install system image to system partition.
    7) Install permissiver V5
    8) Resize system partition to flash opengapps.
    9) Flash Opengapps
    10) Flash Certification Patch
    11) Reboot
    12) Install Magisk (optional if you want rooted your ROM)

the boot process takes 5 to 10 minutes the first boot in case of any problem in any of the stages you can reinstall Miui version fastboot with Mi flash tool and start again

How upgrade (Same Android Version)

1 Make a Wipe on Dalvik and cache only.
    2 install the 3.x version system image on the system partition
    3 Install permissiver V5
    4 Resize system partition to flash opengapps.
    5 Flash Opengapps ( if you dont flash the gapps you will have a fc on google apps )
    6 Flash Certification Patch
    7 Reboot

Download link Rom image: https://sourceforge.net/projects/havoc-os/files/arm64-ab/
    Download lik Magisk : https://******************/

I hope the guide is helpful and enjoy it
    Hy. I found a strange bug on both havoc os 3.12 and 4.1. When I connect a pair of headphones to my phone the sound works perfectly outputting from the headphones but when I try to play songs in a car radio with a headphone jack cable the sound is coming from my phone's speaker.
    Hey !
    I had the same bug.
    To repair it, you need to root your Redmi.
    After, in a terminal in your phone, write : su (enter)

And then type setprop persist.sys.overlay.devinputjack true (enter)
    Reboot your system and it should be repaired !
    Enjoy!
    New release 3.8 changelog

Update - 17/08/2020
    What's New -
    Source Changelog -
    • Merged August Security Patch
    • Added Expanded volume panel
    • Added Linotte font
    • Added touch response optimizations
    • Added back Permissions hub in GApps builds
    • Added toggle to disable permissions hub
    • Added VOOC charging support
    • Added Home button wake support
    • Extended NavBar Pulse to LockScreen
    • Moved some settings into Media section
    • Improved Clipboard access toasts
    • Improved Carrier label settings
    • Added translations for a few languages
    • Other fixes and improvements

Device Changelog -
    • Update to coral august fp
    • Update Audio, Graphics & Media blobs from LA.UM.8.2.r1-06700-sdm660.0
    • Set screen off delay to 0
    • Adjust powerhint config for sdm636
    • Update some more audio stuff
    • Remove unnecessary common camera blobs
    • Kernel Upstreamed with tag 4.4.232
    I noticed that there are video bugs like other aosp custom rom but already fixed it by adding this code on build.prop
    add to /system/system/product/build.prop
    Code:
    debug.stagefright.ccodec=0
    Volte calls on jio do not work but internet works