GUIDE How to Instal GSI ROM- Havoc-OS-v4.X-Official Android 11 On Redmi 8

Search This thread

Darth Inferno

Jun 17, 2013
La Victoria
Here I bring to you the official Havoc-os 4.X ROM Android 11 and fully functional on Redmi 8

The intention of this post is to make a step-by-step tutorial on the installation of this excellent GSI ROM on Redmi 8 and give assistance in the installation process

All the development credits for this wonderful ROM go to the Havoc team
@Ruturaj Kadam
@jhenrique09
@SKULSHADY

Remember I am not a developer, if you are presenting any bugs let us know and you can contact the Havoc team on Telegram

I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device by not following the steps or negligence at the time of this process, All the steps were carried out and tested on my personal device and are confirmed, My device Redmi 8 3/32, the version that i tested Havoc-OS-v4.5-20210208-Official-arm64-ab.img.xz

Bugs

videos recorded with the default camera do not play

Update: Install the NGCam_7.4.104-v1.8-fix.apk Once the application is installed open it take a photo close the application, this will create a folder in the SD called Gcam, inside the Gcam folder create a folder and call it Config7 and inside this place the XML file Redmi 8 GCam 7.4.104.314953318 G_Modder.xml restart the application and you're done

the only bugs that have is slow motion record not work for now

Automatic brightness does not work

Update: to fix the automatic brightness on your device, after installing the ROM, put in the folder SYSTEM-OVERLAY the treble-overlay-xiaomi-redmi 8.apk and set the permission for the apk on 644 ( use root explorer ) and reboot ..... problem solved
the necessary files are at the end of the tutorial

Steps

Note: I did the installation coming from Mui 12.EU, and there was no problem in the installation process or in the boot process

If you come from Miui12 .EU or any other GSI Rom go to step 4, if you come from the Rom stock follow the this steps

1- First make a backup of all the necessary information in case something goes wrong you can easily recover, Charge the battery at least 80%
All your data will be deleted during the process

2- Unlock the Bootloader if you have not already done it or do not know how to, follow this post: http://en.miui.com/unlock/

3- Install a custon recovery, if you dont know how to, follow this post: https://c.mi.com/thread-2850424-1-0.html

4- Make wipe only to Cache, Dalvik, System, Data and Internal SD

5- Format data,( if it doesn't format the data you will have bootloop) then Reboot into Recovery

6- Copy all the files to the phone (Havoc-OS-v4.X-20200522-Official-arm64-ab.img you can find it by unpacking the zip), Magisk,Magisk Path Fix, Permisiver, Certification Patch.zip, opengapp (recommended nano or pico)

7- Install system image to system partition (on TWRP go to install-Install image-System) .

8- Flash Permisiver v5 (on TWRP go to install selec permisver_v5.zip)

9- Resize system partition to flash opengapps (on TWRP go to Wipe-Advanced Wipe-Select System on the list-Repair or Change File System-Resize)

To Root

once you have installed an resized the system

10- Flash the Magisk path fix (on TWRP go to install selec MagiskA11_PATH_fix.zip)

11- Flash Magisk (on TWRP go to install selec Magisk-v23.0.zip)

12- Flash Opengapps

1-Flash Certification Patch

1 - Make a wipe to Cache and Dalvik

1- Reboot

The boot process takes 5 to 10 minutes the first boot, in case of any problem in any of the stages you can reinstall Miui version fastboot with Mi flash tool and start again

Download link Rom image:
OpenGapss Android 11: https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm64/test/20210130/

Magisk:

Attachments

• Certification_Patch.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 256
  • MagiskA11_PATH_fix.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Permissiver_v5.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 181
  • treble-overlay-xiaomi-redmi8.apk
    20.4 KB · Views: 145
  • NGCam_7.4.104-v1.8-fix.apk
    126.7 MB · Views: 295
  • Screenshot_20210603-193212_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210603-193212_Settings.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 268
  • XML Redmi 8 GCam 7.4.104.314953318 G_Modder.xml
    21.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20210603-193240_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210603-193240_Settings.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 242
  • Screenshot_20210603-193216_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210603-193216_Settings.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 226
  • Screenshot_20210603-193228_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210603-193228_Settings.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 209
  • Screenshot_20210604-074752_Configuración.png
    Screenshot_20210604-074752_Configuración.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 206
  • Screenshot_20210604-081858.png
    Screenshot_20210604-081858.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 207
  • Screenshot_20210604-081914.png
    Screenshot_20210604-081914.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 201
  • Screenshot_20210604-091930_POCO_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20210604-091930_POCO_Launcher.png
    136.9 KB · Views: 208
  • Screenshot_20210604-091953_POCO_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20210604-091953_POCO_Launcher.png
    135.9 KB · Views: 205
  • Screenshot_20210604-092001_POCO_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20210604-092001_POCO_Launcher.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 210
  • Screenshot_20210604-104852_Magisk.png
    Screenshot_20210604-104852_Magisk.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
Reactions: macostalennyn
Mar 3, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Hey !
I have a stupid question. Do you upload the GSI ROM and the other files on a SD card or on the internal storage ? I was searching this guide on the morning but I was wondering about that...
Thanks for your answer

Mar 3, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Hey ! Do we need to flash a vbmeta image for Havocon boot ?
Is there any bugs when you install Havoc with TWRP ? 'cuz i'm a little bit experimented with TWRP but i'm shy with GSI...
Thanks for the answer

Mar 3, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 8
UPDATE :
I bricked my phone. When i arrived to the step 5 and i rebooted into fastboot (i would reboot into recovery...)
So, what can I do ? I installed MiFlashTool to unbrick my phone, if it can...
I tried to reboot from fastboot to twrp and this is what happened :
fastboot boot twrp.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 2.141s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: unknown reason)
finished. total time: 2.771s

Thanks...

Last edited:

Darth Inferno

Jun 17, 2013
La Victoria
UPDATE :
I bricked my phone. When i arrived to the step 5 and i rebooted into fastboot (i would reboot into recovery...)
So, what can I do ? I installed MiFlashTool to unbrick my phone, if it can...
I tried to reboot from fastboot to twrp and this is what happened :
fastboot boot twrp.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 2.141s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: unknown reason)
finished. total time: 2.771s

Thanks...
Hi, I need to know some things to help you, what ROM did you have before flashing Havoc? do you have the bootloader unlocked? When did you use My flashtool, what method did you use?

Darth Inferno

Jun 17, 2013
La Victoria
Hey ! Do we need to flash a vbmeta image for Havocon boot ?
Is there any bugs when you install Havoc with TWRP ? 'cuz i'm a little bit experimented with TWRP but i'm shy with GSI...
Thanks for the answer
In my particular case it was not necessary to flash vbmmeta as I comment in the OP I come from Miui12.eu, but it is necessary to avoid problems whatever the ROM you have before installing Havoc is to have the latest version of TWRP and have configured a lock pattern security in ROM access and in the flashing process I didn´t have problems

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Hey!
I was on the stock ROM when i started to flash HavocOs.
I unbricked my phone with the MIUnlockTool V2 and my phone's still alive.
I booted on TWRP with fastboot boot TWRP.img 'cuz I can't boot to TWRP with volume up and power...
How can I flash HavocOs in the good way ?
I have Redmi 8 3/32 like you...

Darth Inferno

Jun 17, 2013
La Victoria
Hey!
I was on the stock ROM when i started to flash HavocOs.
I unbricked my phone with the MIUnlockTool V2 and my phone's still alive.
I booted on TWRP with fastboot boot TWRP.img 'cuz I can't boot to TWRP with volume up and power...
How can I flash HavocOs in the good way ?
I have Redmi 8 3/32 like you...
Ok the first thing is that you have the bootloader unlocked, if it is that way regardless of the stock version of the rom you have when installing twrp you must install magisk to ensure that the Recovery remains fixed in this link is a tutorial on how to install it, that tutorial was made by me and approved by Xiaomi https://c.mi.com/thread-2850424-1-0.html ,
install the latest version of TWRP and as it says in the tutorial then flash magisk, once you have everything ready install miui 12.eu do not do many settings except create a blocking pattern when starting the rom this is used by TWRP to be able to decrypt the internal memory
All ready do the steps as indicated in this tutorial (If you come from Miui12 .EU or any other GSI Rom go to step 4)

If for some reason you have a problem, use MI flashtool to return to the stock rom, but make sure to use the snapdragon method, select MIflash and when opening the screen at the bottom select clean all, this will prevent you from blocking the bootloader and you can start again without problems (note when selecting clean all at the end it will give you an error for not being able to block the bootloader and the device will restart, do not worry it will restart normally without problems)

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Ok the first thing is that you have the bootloader unlocked, if it is that way regardless of the stock version of the rom you have when installing twrp you must install magisk to ensure that the Recovery remains fixed in this link is a tutorial on how to install it, that tutorial was made by me and approved by Xiaomi https://c.mi.com/thread-2850424-1-0.html ,
install the latest version of TWRP and as it says in the tutorial then flash magisk, once you have everything ready install miui 12.eu do not do many settings except create a blocking pattern when starting the rom this is used by TWRP to be able to decrypt the internal memory
All ready do the steps as indicated in this tutorial (If you come from Miui12 .EU or any other GSI Rom go to step 4)

If for some reason you have a problem, use MI flashtool to return to the stock rom, but make sure to use the snapdragon method, select MIflash and when opening the screen at the bottom select clean all, this will prevent you from blocking the bootloader and you can start again without problems (note when selecting clean all at the end it will give you an error for not being able to block the bootloader and the device will restart, do not worry it will restart normally without problems)
Hey!
I thought about something this afternoon : if I flash HavocOS with adb and fastboot, we also haven't any problems with TWRP installation ! But the problem is that I haven't found any wiki to do that and i won't transform my phone to a beta tester....
Thanks a lot for your help but I think i will wait until a custom rom of LineageOs or HavocOs...

Dragonnuu

Mar 22, 2021
Hi . I am currently running havoc is 3.12 on my device I tried multiple times to flash this ROM without any success. Is not installing open gapps a problem ? Anyways when I flash this rom without flashing the certification patch I get a no os installed warning before rebooting from orange fox recovery but when I flash the certification I no longer get this message. Etherway I am getting stuck on a bootloop . How can I solve this issue? I did all the steps correctly wiping the correct partitions and formating data . Edit I wiped cache and dalvik after the bootloop without any success .

Mar 3, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 8
Hi . I am currently running havoc is 3.12 on my device I tried multiple times to flash this ROM without any success. Is not installing open gapps a problem ? Anyways when I flash this rom without flashing the certification patch I get a no os installed warning before rebooting from orange fox recovery but when I flash the certification I no longer get this message. Etherway I am getting stuck on a bootloop . How can I solve this issue? I did all the steps correctly wiping the correct partitions and formating data . Edit I wiped cache and dalvik after the bootloop without any success .
Hey !
I had the same bug before installing the v3.12 version.
I think it goes from the Permissiver v5. I think we should flash it to have the Havoc v4.
I'll test later if I have the time to do this and I'll inform you about the possibilities.
Hope I can help.

Dragonnuu

Mar 22, 2021
Thanks for replying and trying to help but last night I managed to get havoc 4.1 is installed by flashing lineage first (using another guide from this category). I will try again to get havoc 4.1 working without flashing lineage as soon as posible because I am curious .

mwaseem851

Dec 3, 2020
Faisalabad

Attachments

• MagiskA11_PATH_fix.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20210323-214934_Magisk.png
    Screenshot_20210323-214934_Magisk.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20210323-215002_LSPosed.png
    Screenshot_20210323-215002_LSPosed.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20210323-215022_LSPosed.png
    Screenshot_20210323-215022_LSPosed.png
    97.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20210323-215137_Magisk.png
    Screenshot_20210323-215137_Magisk.png
    287.7 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: Darth Inferno

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here I bring to you the official Havoc-os 4.X ROM Android 11 and fully functional on Redmi 8

The intention of this post is to make a step-by-step tutorial on the installation of this excellent GSI ROM on Redmi 8 and give assistance in the installation process

All the development credits for this wonderful ROM go to the Havoc team
    @Ruturaj Kadam
    @jhenrique09
    @SKULSHADY

Remember I am not a developer, if you are presenting any bugs let us know and you can contact the Havoc team on Telegram

I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device by not following the steps or negligence at the time of this process, All the steps were carried out and tested on my personal device and are confirmed, My device Redmi 8 3/32, the version that i tested Havoc-OS-v4.5-20210208-Official-arm64-ab.img.xz

Bugs

videos recorded with the default camera do not play

Update: Install the NGCam_7.4.104-v1.8-fix.apk Once the application is installed open it take a photo close the application, this will create a folder in the SD called Gcam, inside the Gcam folder create a folder and call it Config7 and inside this place the XML file Redmi 8 GCam 7.4.104.314953318 G_Modder.xml restart the application and you're done

the only bugs that have is slow motion record not work for now

Automatic brightness does not work

Update: to fix the automatic brightness on your device, after installing the ROM, put in the folder SYSTEM-OVERLAY the treble-overlay-xiaomi-redmi 8.apk and set the permission for the apk on 644 ( use root explorer ) and reboot ..... problem solved
    the necessary files are at the end of the tutorial

Steps

Note: I did the installation coming from Mui 12.EU, and there was no problem in the installation process or in the boot process

If you come from Miui12 .EU or any other GSI Rom go to step 4, if you come from the Rom stock follow the this steps

1- First make a backup of all the necessary information in case something goes wrong you can easily recover, Charge the battery at least 80%
    All your data will be deleted during the process

2- Unlock the Bootloader if you have not already done it or do not know how to, follow this post: http://en.miui.com/unlock/

3- Install a custon recovery, if you dont know how to, follow this post: https://c.mi.com/thread-2850424-1-0.html

4- Make wipe only to Cache, Dalvik, System, Data and Internal SD

5- Format data,( if it doesn't format the data you will have bootloop) then Reboot into Recovery

6- Copy all the files to the phone (Havoc-OS-v4.X-20200522-Official-arm64-ab.img you can find it by unpacking the zip), Magisk,Magisk Path Fix, Permisiver, Certification Patch.zip, opengapp (recommended nano or pico)

7- Install system image to system partition (on TWRP go to install-Install image-System) .

8- Flash Permisiver v5 (on TWRP go to install selec permisver_v5.zip)

9- Resize system partition to flash opengapps (on TWRP go to Wipe-Advanced Wipe-Select System on the list-Repair or Change File System-Resize)

To Root

once you have installed an resized the system

10- Flash the Magisk path fix (on TWRP go to install selec MagiskA11_PATH_fix.zip)

11- Flash Magisk (on TWRP go to install selec Magisk-v23.0.zip)

12- Flash Opengapps

1-Flash Certification Patch

1 - Make a wipe to Cache and Dalvik

1- Reboot

The boot process takes 5 to 10 minutes the first boot, in case of any problem in any of the stages you can reinstall Miui version fastboot with Mi flash tool and start again

Download link Rom image:
    OpenGapss Android 11: https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm64/test/20210130/

Magisk:
    Magisk doesn't work on Android 11
    Finally managed to flash Magisk on Havoc 4.1 with the help of youtuberking (telegram and YouTube).

How: just flash Magisk path fix before magisk and it's good to go.
    Havoc GSI based in Android 11 is almost dead, heard that developer who was maintaining this Rom had left the group.
    I have tried many other GSI roms and thencame back to Havoc 3.12,,,,, seems like I got addicted to Havoc.
    Hi, Havoc is Alive now stays on 4.5 version really smooth and the battery drains is excellent see the OP