• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[GUIDE] How to Install any GSI ROM (Treble) Lenovo Z5 Pro GT [L78032]

SrCDA

Mar 12, 2019
How to Install any GSI ROM:

.Pre-Requirements

Pre-Requisite 1
Your device needs TWRP Recovery
if not TWRP do the tutorial to install HERE

Pre-Requisite 2
You need a ROM GSI (ARM64 - A/B)

------------------------------------------------
1) Go to TWRP Recovery
2) Remove DMVerity: Advanced > RM Forceencrypt > Check "Remove DMVerity" > Swipe to Confirm > Go back to main
3) Format Data: Wipe > Format Data > Type "yes" > Go back to main
4) Reset Recovery: Reboot > Recovery
5) Import the .img file to the device
6) Install the ROM: Install > Install Image > Select File .img > Select "System Image" > Swipe to Confirm > Go back to main
7) Remove Cache: Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Check "Dalvik / ART Cache" and "Cache" > Swipe to Confirm > Go back to main
8) Install Magisk: Advanced > Install Root > Swipe to Confirm > Reboot System
9) Wait for the device to reboot and finish (Note: the device would probably reboot twice)

------------------------------------------------
Optional: Gapps

1) Download Gapps (ARM64 - ROM Android Version - nano): https://opengapps.org/
2) Import the .zip file to the device
3) Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Check "System" > Repair or Change File System > Resize File System > Swipe to Confirm > Go back to main
4) Install > Select File .zip > Swipe to Confirm > Reboot System

Last edited:

SrCDA

Mar 12, 2019
Helloooo SrCDA, did you have any recommandation for a GSI rom ?

Thanks for the tips
Just tested Havoc-OS and LineageOS both work basically equally but Havoc-OS found it better, something else for me has a big problem with both and probably any GSI ROM: Fingerprint not work but still prefer GSI Rom than ZUI, because zui is very limited and bugged.

Reactions: patbisch

patbisch

Jun 15, 2005
Bruxelles
Just tested Havoc-OS and LineageOS both work basically equally but Havoc-OS found it better, something else for me has a big problem with both and probably any GSI ROM: Fingerprint not work but still prefer GSI Rom than ZUI, because zui is very limited and bugged.
Thanks for the advice, i'm give it a try and see what's good or not.

Reactions: SrCDA

miji2

Oct 12, 2010
Toronto
Planning to get this phone, any chance of getting the fingerprint to work on GSI roms?
None I tried has it, but other than that pretty much everything else seems seems to work fine. Besides that, default global ROM is lightly-skinned so it's not bad (other than sub-par benchmark performance for SD855).

BornToSowDeath

Sep 6, 2009
I have an issue with
2) Remove DMVerity: Advanced > RM Forceencrypt > Check "Remove DMVerity" > Swipe to Confirm > Go back to main
My TWRP setting that looks closest to this setting looks like this:

i.imgur.com/V6F0Gmb.png
TWRP Version is: 3.3.1-1004

What should I do? :)

janondorf

May 17, 2013
Santiago
I have an issue with
My TWRP setting that looks closest to this setting looks like this:

i.imgur.com/V6F0Gmb.png
TWRP Version is: 3.3.1-1004

What should I do? :)
I have that same TWRP, and it worked fine.
Good luck.

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone