UPDATE: ND1-612E released. If you have already installed ND1-612D or 558K, you can download it from https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=287909 and install it manually by dialing *#*#874#*#*.
I strongly recommend you to unlock the bootloader before proceed - I won't tell how to unlock the bootloader in this guide.
Take a look to this video first if you want to know the experience of Android Pie: https://youtu.be/ay6CeonzoD8
In this guide, I'll provide two different methods to get Android Pie on your Nokia 5.
Both methods will erase your userdata.
I only tested it on TA-1024, but it should also work on TA-1053.
Here's an important hint: Nokia 5 (ND1) and Nokia 6 (D1C or PLE) can flash each other's stock firmware, including TA-1000 Chinese firmware.
So the TWRP ported for Nokia 6 can be also used on Nokia 5.
If you want to experience fully customized Android Pie (CN) on your Nokia 5, read this guide:
Method 1: Use OST LA to flash my homebrew firmware
You should be familiar with this method.
1. Download "ND1-612C-0-00WW-B01.7z" from following site:
2. If you have Android 8.x running with LOCKED bootloader, please downgrade bootloader back before processing. If you have unlocked bootloader, you needn't to downgrade the bootloader.
3. Open OST LA or NOST and load the mlf file, in download options, only choose "Normal Download" and "Erase userdata".
If your phone boots suddenly when flashing splash, close OST LA and force power off your phone then flash again.
You can download NOST from https://github.com/StollD/NOST
4. All done, enjoy Android Pie.
Method 2: OTA Update from ND1-558J or ND1-558K
1. Download packages from here:
2. Place both packages to root directory of internal storage.
5. Dial *#*#874#*#* to update.
6. After update installed, it will tell you "Encryption failed", click "Factory Reset".
If your phone encountered boot loop, you can enter recovery to perform factory reset manually.
1. Press and hold both volume keys and power key.
2. When you see "shutdown device:" on the left up corner of the screen, release these keys.
3. Connect your phone to a charger.
4. When you see a charging animation, press and hold volume up key and power key.
5. When you feel the phone vibrates, release the power key but only hold the volume up key.
6. When you see Android Robot lying and "No command", press the volume up key with power key holding to get the recovery menu.
7. I needn't to mention what to do next.
7. Enjoy Android Pie.
Q1: Can I root it?
A1: Yes, but you must have unlocked bootloader, and Magisk 18 seems unusable.
Q2: How to downgrade bootloader in case I want to roll back without unlocked bootloader?
A2: Rename existing Android 7.x or 8.x OTA package for your model to ND1-9999-0-00WW-B09-update.zip. Then you should know what to do next.
Q3: When will you unlock Nokia X7 / Nokia 8.1?
A3: I don't know!
Q4: When will you get Nokia 9 Penta Camera Phone?
A4: I don't know, don't ask.