[GUIDE] How to install EMUI 9 / Android 9 Beta

Search This thread

a1Pha

Nov 26, 2007
Hamburg
www.storozhev.net
Hi,

you want to flash EMUI 9 Beta, are FRP and bootloader unlocked and rooted? Great, here we go.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for your bricked devices. I only tested this on my Windows 10 x64 computer with my CLT-L09 C432 - I don't know if this works with your phone or your computer. Other models may or may not work. Please don't use that method if you don't know how to recover your phone from a bricked or semi-bricked state.
It might be a good idea to disable your antivirus if you run into warnings. There is no root.

Steps:
- Download THE TOOL™ v0.2
- Download the matching firmware bundle for your device. With EMUI 9 the firmware files for L09 and L29 differ.
- Extract THE TOOL™
- Extract the firmware bundle, you'll get two ZIPs and some XMLs.
- Start FLASH.bat inside of the extracted tool folder - it will guide you through the procedure.
- I did not have to factory reset. Maybe you will still need to.
- I have no idea if you will be able to receive OTAs or upgrade to future builds.

Disclaimer: Its not my fault or my responsibility if you brick your phone. I have almost no spare time at the moment, so I will probably not be able to help you. Also, there is no root.

Download:
CLT-L09 C432 - Build 9.0.0.108
CLT-L29 C432 - Build 9.0.0.108

Upgrade / Downgrade:
Upgrade from Beta to Beta: CLICK HERE (thanks @side_flip15)
Downgrade back to Oreo: CLICK HERE (thanks @Androlark)

Massive thanks to:
- @Atarii
- @Androlark
- @ante0
- @dkionline
- @frantorresm5434
- laststandingdroid
- @mankindtw for the original NoCheck recovery
- @Pretoriano80
- @shimp208 for the bundled minimal ADB + Fastboot
- and of course to all the brave testers!

There is no root. Also, please don't blame if your device dies. And I don't know if VoLTE works.

Click HERE for the P20 (EML) thread.

Last edited:

a1Pha

Nov 26, 2007
Hamburg
www.storozhev.net
02.10.2017 - v0.2 - updated download links from 9.0.0.47 to 9.0.0.108; added links to downgrade and upgrade instructions
07.09.2017 - v0.2 - script now should work inside path containing spaces
06.09.2018 - v0.1 - initial release

Last edited:

josdehaes

Oct 25, 2009
windows only :-/. Luckily seems easy enough

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Thanks. Does this update the bootloader? Can you downgrade again?

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Yes, the bootloader (xloader) will be updated, there's no way around it. Yes, downgrading works, but you will have to factory reset after downgrading.

Reactions: josdehaes and dladz

CaseyS

Jun 4, 2012
Little Rock, AR
Having a problem after renaming the second update zip. After I press enter with both zip files in the zip folder it says I'm missing zip files.

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

Having a problem after renaming the second update zip. After I press enter with both zip files in the zip folder it says I'm missing zip files.
Solved

CaseyS

Jun 4, 2012
Little Rock, AR
Nice thanks man

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180907_024017_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20180907_024017_com.android.settings.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 6,233

ante0

Dec 28, 2009
Stockholm
Last edited:
Reactions: side_flip15

josdehaes

Oct 25, 2009
Hi, I created a shell script for usage on Linux/MacOS. Should run if bash is available.

!! Note that you need to have adb/fastboot already in your $PATH and working!!

enjoy.

Attachments

• flash.sh.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 160
Reactions: a1Pha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

you want to flash EMUI 9 Beta, are FRP and bootloader unlocked and rooted? Great, here we go.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for your bricked devices. I only tested this on my Windows 10 x64 computer with my CLT-L09 C432 - I don't know if this works with your phone or your computer. Other models may or may not work. Please don't use that method if you don't know how to recover your phone from a bricked or semi-bricked state.
    It might be a good idea to disable your antivirus if you run into warnings. There is no root.

Steps:
    - Download THE TOOL™ v0.2
    - Download the matching firmware bundle for your device. With EMUI 9 the firmware files for L09 and L29 differ.
    - Extract THE TOOL™
    - Extract the firmware bundle, you'll get two ZIPs and some XMLs.
    - Start FLASH.bat inside of the extracted tool folder - it will guide you through the procedure.
    - I did not have to factory reset. Maybe you will still need to.
    - I have no idea if you will be able to receive OTAs or upgrade to future builds.

Disclaimer: Its not my fault or my responsibility if you brick your phone. I have almost no spare time at the moment, so I will probably not be able to help you. Also, there is no root.

Download:
    CLT-L09 C432 - Build 9.0.0.108
    CLT-L29 C432 - Build 9.0.0.108

Upgrade / Downgrade:
    Upgrade from Beta to Beta: CLICK HERE (thanks @side_flip15)
    Downgrade back to Oreo: CLICK HERE (thanks @Androlark)

Massive thanks to:
    - @Atarii
    - @Androlark
    - @ante0
    - @dkionline
    - @frantorresm5434
    - laststandingdroid
    - @mankindtw for the original NoCheck recovery
    - @Pretoriano80
    - @shimp208 for the bundled minimal ADB + Fastboot
    - and of course to all the brave testers!

There is no root. Also, please don't blame if your device dies. And I don't know if VoLTE works.

Click HERE for the P20 (EML) thread.
    Anyone wants to update from beta to beta directly can use the attached modified FLASH.txt file. (rename it to FLASH.bat).

First download the downgrade tool.zip from this thread. Thanks @Androlark. Extract the zip and replace the FLASH.bat with the attached.

Yes, the bootloader (xloader) will be updated, there's no way around it. Yes, downgrading works, but you will have to factory reset after downgrading.
    Yes, I will report it later in the Magisk Thread :)
    Also tell topjohnwo that EMUI 9.0 is good news! ?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone