• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] How to install EMUI 9 / Android 9 Beta

Search This thread

SUPNYUS

Apr 15, 2016
any link to method ?

It's simple, just take your SD card, put it in your phone, create a dload method in it (in the root of the sd card), then put the UPDATE.APP that you extracted from your stock firmware inside of this dload folder. Then restart your phone with Power + and power - pressed. If you don't understand, then just type "Dload method Huawei" on Google ?

Reactions: djlukas1983

atosan

Nov 15, 2013
It's simple, just take your SD card, put it in your phone, create a dload method in it (in the root of the sd card), then put the UPDATE.APP that you extracted from your stock firmware inside of this dload folder. Then restart your phone with Power + and power - pressed. If you don't understand, then just type "Dload method Huawei" on Google
Huawei P20 pro europe (c432) no sd slot.

oxfordmark

Mar 3, 2011
It's simple, just take your SD card, put it in your phone, create a dload method in it (in the root of the sd card), then put the UPDATE.APP that you extracted from your stock firmware inside of this dload folder. Then restart your phone with Power + and power - pressed. If you don't understand, then just type "Dload method Huawei" on Google

update.zip the larger of them all.

It keeps changing to queued when downloading.

Can I do this without a SD card?

forever_lol

Mar 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21
Xiaomi Mi 11

I am afraid it's not that simple. The process you described above will fail. It's possible (I managed to update to 161 this way using my otg) but you need more than one update.app to make it work. You have to add one subfolder and place couple of files in both dload and its subfolder. Problem is these are not all entirely the same files as those you can download using firmware finder. I tried to create rollback package by myself but it didn't work.

mdda7

Mar 14, 2012
AL KHOBAR

no sd slot :cowboy:

maahmd

Feb 8, 2014
What about update_data_full_public.zip ? Its not necessary anymore ?

@ventura2k how did you perform the upgrade ?

Nevermind. I got it. Same old procedure!

yeah Its not necessary anymore

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

So is this the case of just extracting the update.zip archive and copying update.app to the Dload folder?

with locked bootloder try update.app in dload folder but before that.. do format usb flash in exFAT and do copy dload folder in flash with OTG and do boot ur phone with 3 With three buttons pressed together and tell me if work or not

SUPNYUS

Apr 15, 2016
I am afraid it's not that simple. The process you described above will fail. It's possible (I managed to update to 161 this way using my otg) but you need more than one update.app to make it work. You have to add one subfolder and place couple of files in both dload and its subfolder. Problem is these are not all entirely the same files as those you can download using firmware finder. I tried to create rollback package by myself but it didn't work.

Actually I didn't used it since a little while, thank you for this info ?

Reactions: forever_lol

SUPNYUS

Apr 15, 2016

How did you managed to do it ??? I really need some steps because I tried everything but nothing works with my USB otg (exfat)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

you want to flash EMUI 9 Beta, are FRP and bootloader unlocked and rooted? Great, here we go.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for your bricked devices. I only tested this on my Windows 10 x64 computer with my CLT-L09 C432 - I don't know if this works with your phone or your computer. Other models may or may not work. Please don't use that method if you don't know how to recover your phone from a bricked or semi-bricked state.
    It might be a good idea to disable your antivirus if you run into warnings. There is no root.

Steps:
    - Download THE TOOL™ v0.2
    - Download the matching firmware bundle for your device. With EMUI 9 the firmware files for L09 and L29 differ.
    - Extract THE TOOL™
    - Extract the firmware bundle, you'll get two ZIPs and some XMLs.
    - Start FLASH.bat inside of the extracted tool folder - it will guide you through the procedure.
    - I did not have to factory reset. Maybe you will still need to.
    - I have no idea if you will be able to receive OTAs or upgrade to future builds.

Disclaimer: Its not my fault or my responsibility if you brick your phone. I have almost no spare time at the moment, so I will probably not be able to help you. Also, there is no root.

Download:
    CLT-L09 C432 - Build 9.0.0.108
    CLT-L29 C432 - Build 9.0.0.108

Upgrade / Downgrade:
    Upgrade from Beta to Beta: CLICK HERE (thanks @side_flip15)
    Downgrade back to Oreo: CLICK HERE (thanks @Androlark)

Massive thanks to:
    - @Atarii
    - @Androlark
    - @ante0
    - @dkionline
    - @frantorresm5434
    - laststandingdroid
    - @mankindtw for the original NoCheck recovery
    - @Pretoriano80
    - @shimp208 for the bundled minimal ADB + Fastboot
    - and of course to all the brave testers!

There is no root. Also, please don't blame if your device dies. And I don't know if VoLTE works.

Click HERE for the P20 (EML) thread.
    Anyone wants to update from beta to beta directly can use the attached modified FLASH.txt file. (rename it to FLASH.bat).

First download the downgrade tool.zip from this thread. Thanks @Androlark. Extract the zip and replace the FLASH.bat with the attached.
    windows only :-/. Luckily seems easy enough

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Thanks. Does this update the bootloader? Can you downgrade again?
    Yes, the bootloader (xloader) will be updated, there's no way around it. Yes, downgrading works, but you will have to factory reset after downgrading.
    Yes, I will report it later in the Magisk Thread :)
    Also tell topjohnwo that EMUI 9.0 is good news! ?