• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] How to install EMUI 9 / Android 9 Beta

Search This thread

forever_lol

Mar 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21
Xiaomi Mi 11
I know but I can't downgrade because nothing works when it comes to rollback

It sucks indeed. This is the reason I decided to stay away from Pie for now. (unless someone figures out how to neutralize this FRP re-lock trigger).

In my case (CLT-L29 C432 - never modified, non -rebranded etc). funky method via HiSuite has always worked like a charm both with beta and official .163 but:

1)funky says they do not support this method anymore - so you do it t your own risk.
2) your system must be unmodified.
3) again you gotta pay for credit.

Last edited:

SUPNYUS

Apr 15, 2016

Frp locked and can't be unlocked. Bootloader locked.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

It sucks indeed. This is the reason I decided to stay away from Pie for now. (unless someone figures out how to neutralize this FRP re-lock trigger).

In my case (CLT-L29 C432 - never modified, re-branded etc). funky method via HiSuite has always worked like a charm both with beta and official .163 but:

1)funky says they do not support this method anymore - so you do it t your own risk.
2) your system must be unmodified.
3) again you gotta pay for credit.

Now I'm stuck with beta 108, so I guess I'll wait for 163 via OTA (btw I noticed that when I check for updates it's faster maybe they prepared the servers for OTA, Idk about that).

side_flip15

Jul 25, 2011
Manila
Not bootloader but it blocks FRP

And with FRP lock downgrde is not possible?

Doesn't lock bl but it greys out "activate OEM unlock" (FRP) option in developer settings.
So if You for some reason turn "activate oem unlock" off you won't be able to change it anymore (well unless you downgrade to oreo).

That's what I'm saying. Fix is just to downgrade to Oreo then update to Pie again and never do factory reset. Right?

SUPNYUS

Apr 15, 2016
And with FRP lock downgrde is not possible?

That's what I'm saying. Fix is just to downgrade to Oreo then update to Pie again and never do factory reset. Right?

Yes but downgrade is not possible anymore, and nobody found a way yet to make it work

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

So I just called Huawei... They are so skilled that they don't even know what EMUI 9 is ?

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
Yes but downgrade is not possible anymore, and nobody found a way yet to make it work

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

So I just called Huawei... They are so skilled that they don't even know what EMUI 9 is ?
You can use FunkyHuawei to downgrade, but obviously, you will have to pay for it.

SUPNYUS

Apr 15, 2016
Yeah but newer version doesn't always mean more suitable. I for example managed to downgrade only with hisuite version 5.0.1.302.

Actually, more devices are supported with the newer versions

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Yeah but newer version doesn't always mean more suitable. I for example managed to downgrade only with hisuite version 5.0.1.302.

So I just tried with several versions of Hisuite (5.0.1.301, 8.0.1.300/303_OVE) and nothing appears in update section.

forever_lol

Mar 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21
Xiaomi Mi 11
Actually, more devices are supported with the newer versions

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

So I just tried with several versions of Hisuite (5.0.1.301, 8.0.1.300/303_OVE) and nothing appears in update section.

It was just an example. You misunderstood me :) i was referring to funky method.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

you want to flash EMUI 9 Beta, are FRP and bootloader unlocked and rooted? Great, here we go.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for your bricked devices. I only tested this on my Windows 10 x64 computer with my CLT-L09 C432 - I don't know if this works with your phone or your computer. Other models may or may not work. Please don't use that method if you don't know how to recover your phone from a bricked or semi-bricked state.
    It might be a good idea to disable your antivirus if you run into warnings. There is no root.

Steps:
    - Download THE TOOL™ v0.2
    - Download the matching firmware bundle for your device. With EMUI 9 the firmware files for L09 and L29 differ.
    - Extract THE TOOL™
    - Extract the firmware bundle, you'll get two ZIPs and some XMLs.
    - Start FLASH.bat inside of the extracted tool folder - it will guide you through the procedure.
    - I did not have to factory reset. Maybe you will still need to.
    - I have no idea if you will be able to receive OTAs or upgrade to future builds.

Disclaimer: Its not my fault or my responsibility if you brick your phone. I have almost no spare time at the moment, so I will probably not be able to help you. Also, there is no root.

Download:
    CLT-L09 C432 - Build 9.0.0.108
    CLT-L29 C432 - Build 9.0.0.108

Upgrade / Downgrade:
    Upgrade from Beta to Beta: CLICK HERE (thanks @side_flip15)
    Downgrade back to Oreo: CLICK HERE (thanks @Androlark)

Massive thanks to:
    - @Atarii
    - @Androlark
    - @ante0
    - @dkionline
    - @frantorresm5434
    - laststandingdroid
    - @mankindtw for the original NoCheck recovery
    - @Pretoriano80
    - @shimp208 for the bundled minimal ADB + Fastboot
    - and of course to all the brave testers!

There is no root. Also, please don't blame if your device dies. And I don't know if VoLTE works.

Click HERE for the P20 (EML) thread.
    Anyone wants to update from beta to beta directly can use the attached modified FLASH.txt file. (rename it to FLASH.bat).

First download the downgrade tool.zip from this thread. Thanks @Androlark. Extract the zip and replace the FLASH.bat with the attached.
    windows only :-/. Luckily seems easy enough

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Thanks. Does this update the bootloader? Can you downgrade again?
    Yes, the bootloader (xloader) will be updated, there's no way around it. Yes, downgrading works, but you will have to factory reset after downgrading.
    Yes, I will report it later in the Magisk Thread :)
    Also tell topjohnwo that EMUI 9.0 is good news! ?