[GUIDE] How to install EMUI 9 / Android 9 Beta

Search This thread

mrcarlos

Dec 23, 2009
file missing

Hi, I created a shell script for usage on Linux/MacOS. Should run if bash is available.

!! Note that you need to have adb/fastboot already in your $PATH and working!!

enjoy.

Hi,

you want to flash EMUI 9 Beta, are FRP and bootloader unlocked and rooted? Great, here we go.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for your bricked devices. I only tested this on my Windows 10 x64 computer with my CLT-L09 C432 - I don't know if this works with your phone or your computer. Other models may or may not work. Please don't use that method if you don't know how to recover your phone from a bricked or semi-bricked state.
It might be a good idea to disable your antivirus if you run into warnings. There is no root.

Steps:
- Download THE TOOL™ v0.2
- Download the matching firmware bundle for your device. With EMUI 9 the firmware files for L09 and L29 differ.
- Extract THE TOOL™
- Extract the firmware bundle, you'll get two ZIPs and some XMLs.
- Start FLASH.bat inside of the extracted tool folder - it will guide you through the procedure.
- I did not have to factory reset. Maybe you will still need to.
- I have no idea if you will be able to receive OTAs or upgrade to future builds.

Disclaimer: Its not my fault or my responsibility if you brick your phone. I have almost no spare time at the moment, so I will probably not be able to help you. Also, there is no root.

Download:
CLT-L09 C432 - Build 9.0.0.108
CLT-L29 C432 - Build 9.0.0.108

Upgrade / Downgrade:
Upgrade from Beta to Beta: CLICK HERE (thanks @side_flip15)
Downgrade back to Oreo: CLICK HERE (thanks @Androlark)

Massive thanks to:
- @Atarii
- @Androlark
- @ante0
- @dkionline
- @frantorresm5434
- laststandingdroid
- @mankindtw for the original NoCheck recovery
- @Pretoriano80
- @shimp208 for the bundled minimal ADB + Fastboot
- and of course to all the brave testers!

There is no root. Also, please don't blame if your device dies. And I don't know if VoLTE works.

Click HERE for the P20 (EML) thread.

when i donloaded firmware clt-l29c432/9.0.0.108-c432.zip i dont have the zip file update_data_full_public.zip.....

or i missing something??

SUPNYUS

Apr 15, 2016
I noticed something weird.... Yesterday I enabled something in the gamesuite app, but today I wanted to disable it, so I searched the app... But it disappeared ! Did this also happened to you folks ? I'm on CLT-L29B108 ?

JadranB

Oct 18, 2017
Zagreb
I noticed something weird.... Yesterday I enabled something in the gamesuite app, but today I wanted to disable it, so I searched the app... But it disappeared ! Did this also happened to you folks ? I'm on CLT-L29B108 ?

It's called AppAssistant in Beta, if I'm not mistaken. I'm on 108 also, and it's still here

kameless

Feb 27, 2014
No - as @ante0 said in his comment: You'll need the NoCheck recovery. I'm probably going to make a rollback bundle, too - but since I'm moving this is going to take at least until Sunday.

I tried several times but each time I got the famous message "missing zip files" even putting the folder in the root of "thanks for your help.

SUPNYUS

Apr 15, 2016

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181024_115147_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20181024_115147_com.huawei.android.launcher.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 435

SUPNYUS

Apr 15, 2016
Hmm Huawei didn't upload any beta since a little while, I can smell the official version coming soon ?

SUPNYUS

Apr 15, 2016
It's called AppAssistant in Beta, if I'm not mistaken. I'm on 108 also, and it's still here

So I actually managed to factory reset my phone and I got this problem again, AppAssistant wasn't even there anymore after the reset... But I can find it in the settings right there

[EDIT] I installed Nova Launcher and it actually appeared ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181031_110940_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20181031_110940_com.android.settings.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 547
Last edited:

JadranB

Oct 18, 2017
Zagreb
So I actually managed to factory reset my phone and I got this problem again, AppAssistant wasn't even there anymore after the reset... But I can find it in the settings right there

[EDIT] I installed Nova Launcher and it actually appeared ;)

It seems there's problem with stock launcher. I'm using Microsoft launcher, and i can see it. If I switch to stock it disappears

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

you want to flash EMUI 9 Beta, are FRP and bootloader unlocked and rooted? Great, here we go.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for your bricked devices. I only tested this on my Windows 10 x64 computer with my CLT-L09 C432 - I don't know if this works with your phone or your computer. Other models may or may not work. Please don't use that method if you don't know how to recover your phone from a bricked or semi-bricked state.
    It might be a good idea to disable your antivirus if you run into warnings. There is no root.

Steps:
    - Download THE TOOL™ v0.2
    - Download the matching firmware bundle for your device. With EMUI 9 the firmware files for L09 and L29 differ.
    - Extract THE TOOL™
    - Extract the firmware bundle, you'll get two ZIPs and some XMLs.
    - Start FLASH.bat inside of the extracted tool folder - it will guide you through the procedure.
    - I did not have to factory reset. Maybe you will still need to.
    - I have no idea if you will be able to receive OTAs or upgrade to future builds.

Disclaimer: Its not my fault or my responsibility if you brick your phone. I have almost no spare time at the moment, so I will probably not be able to help you. Also, there is no root.

Download:
    CLT-L09 C432 - Build 9.0.0.108
    CLT-L29 C432 - Build 9.0.0.108

Upgrade / Downgrade:
    Upgrade from Beta to Beta: CLICK HERE (thanks @side_flip15)
    Downgrade back to Oreo: CLICK HERE (thanks @Androlark)

Massive thanks to:
    - @Atarii
    - @Androlark
    - @ante0
    - @dkionline
    - @frantorresm5434
    - laststandingdroid
    - @mankindtw for the original NoCheck recovery
    - @Pretoriano80
    - @shimp208 for the bundled minimal ADB + Fastboot
    - and of course to all the brave testers!

There is no root. Also, please don't blame if your device dies. And I don't know if VoLTE works.

Click HERE for the P20 (EML) thread.
    Anyone wants to update from beta to beta directly can use the attached modified FLASH.txt file. (rename it to FLASH.bat).

First download the downgrade tool.zip from this thread. Thanks @Androlark. Extract the zip and replace the FLASH.bat with the attached.
    windows only :-/. Luckily seems easy enough

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Thanks. Does this update the bootloader? Can you downgrade again?
    Yes, the bootloader (xloader) will be updated, there's no way around it. Yes, downgrading works, but you will have to factory reset after downgrading.
    Yes, I will report it later in the Magisk Thread :)
    Also tell topjohnwo that EMUI 9.0 is good news! ?