[Guide] How To Install / Flash Custom Roms Step by Step | Noobs Easy Way | Xperia S

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5133333

Complete Beginners Guide To Flash Custom ROM on Xperia S | 2011 Devices

This Guide Is Made Easier To Understand The Basics To Install / Flash Custom ROM (Specifically On Xperia Phones). You will not need to go to any annoying links and go on reading lengthy descriptions everything required is provided here. :victory:

Everything is Step By Step.
Just Follow Them And Everything Will Work Fine
;)

Now Lets Get Down To Business.

This Tutorial is Specially For

• For Complete Beginners
  • For Newcomers to Android
  • For Those Who Want To Learn Flashing ROM Easy Way
  • People who did not had any encounters with Programming

Thanks To All The Senior Developers For Providing Us The Knowledge In Developing Modding And Flashing And Amazing Guides Through Out XDA Forum. Without You People This Guide Would Not Have Been Complete

This Guide Is Covered in Next 4 Posts With Every Step As Described Below.

NOTE : I Will Explain This Thread For Flashing Custom ROM Cyanogenmod 10 for Xperia S.
Link here---> https://sites.google.com/site/projectfreexperia/
You can download any Stable ROM The Procedure is Same For All.​

Step by Step Process Tree
Step 1. Rooting Xperia S​
Step 2. Unlocking Bootloader​
Step 3. Installing CWM Recovery​
Step 4. Flashing A Custom ROM​
Step 5. That's it! You will Have The Custom Rom Running.​

D

Deleted member 5133333

Step 1 : Rooting Your Xperia S

This is done by Using A Root Tool Provided by Our Senior Developer @Bin4ry. Please Press His Thanks Button For Helping Out For The Amazing TooL!

Just Download The Tool By Clicking Here : Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v30

For Xperia S 2.55 Firmware look in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/show...php?p=39498268

But Don't Start Running The Tool Yet. Before That you need to Do A Couple Of Things, :angel:

Before Rooting What You Need?
1.) Install Your Phones Software Driver, ---> PC Companion Will Do The Job Just Connect The Phone And Check If It Detects!
2.) Activate USB Debugging, Setting ---> Developer Options
3.) Activate Unknown Sources, Setting ---> Security
4.) Connect Your Phone via USB
5.) Confirm That Your Device Is Connected Properly In Device Manager.

Only Then,
6.) Proceed With Rooting Tool Kit.

How To Use It?

1.) Download Attached File.
2.) Extract it Using Winrar
3.) Double click the RunMe.bat and follow instructions!

Xperia phones with "older" firmware = Normal mode
Sony Tablet and similar = Special mode
Xperia phones with JB Firmare = Mode 3 (Goroh_kun mode)

Complete Video Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EpkrCq1gfM

Just Follow The On Screen Instructions. (Its really easy like installing a game :laugh:)

After The Software Finishes Its Work! Your Phone Must BE Rooted By Now!

D

Deleted member 5133333

Step 2 : Unlocking Bootloader on Xperia S

Procedure To Unlock Bootloader of Sony Xperia S LT26i :

1.) Installation of Fastboot USB Drivers (Xperia S)​
2.) Unlocking Bootloader of Xperia S​

Now, We Will Unlock The Bootloader,

Why to Unlock Bootloader?
1.) You can flash custom ROMs/Kernels
2.) You don't need to worry if the new firmware can be rooted or not as with unlocked bootloader u can always ROOT Your device ;)

[ Before We Begin Unlocking Bootloader ]
  • Get the IMEI code for ur device: type *#06# in phone dialer to find it out, note only the digits (no dashes)
  • Make Sure The Fastboot Drivers Are Installed.
  • Make sure u have a windows PC with USB cable to connect the phone
  • Power down ur phone and keeping the Volume Up button pressed connect the USB cable to PC this will trigger FASTBOOT mode and windows
  • Will start driver installation, extract the above package and point the driver install to that location (usb_driver) folder
  • Once drivers are installed just disconnect cable and power on device.

[ How to Unlock ] (Official Way)

Video Link ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRH3pC7MhEA

For better understanding, I highly recommend you to watch the above video along with the instructions below:

1.) Download ‘Fastboot Drivers And Pacakges File For Xperia S’ file from → Here

2.) Extract the file you downloaded above on your PC. You’ll get the following three files:

1. drivers.zip
  2. fastboot_with_Android_USB_file.zip
3.) Go to: http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/ and read everything!

1. This will open a web page in your default browser. Scroll to the bottom of the Instructions on the page and you’ll see a link like “Continue”, click on it.
  2. In the pop-up window click “Yes, I’m sure” and then in the next window click on both the checkboxes, and then click “I accept”.

4.) Now insert the details as per the instructions:

1. First 14 digits of your IMEI No. Do NOT enter the last digit (15th) in the box. To know your IMEI No. dial *#06# on your Xperia Arc.
  2. Your Name
  3. Your Email Address
  4. Click Submit.

5.) You’ll get a KEY to unlock boot loader. Write it down somewhere you can remember, it will be used later.
6.) Switch off your phone.
7.) Now extract the “fastboot_with_Android_USB_file.zip” file you got in Step 2.2.
8.) Pick up your phone (it must be switched off) and hold the “Menu” button (the key at the bottom right of your phone), now while holding the “Menu” button connect your phone to your PC with an USB cable.
9.) Once connected — the LED light near the phone’s USB plug will turn blue. If it doesn’t — repeat the Step 8.
10.) Now to install the drivers do the following:
  1. Extract the “drivers.zip” file you got in Step 2.1
  2. Open “Device Manager” on your PC and look for “S1Boot Fastboot” under the head “Other devices”
  3. Right-click on “S1Boot Fastboot” and select “Update Driver Software…”
  4. Now select “Browse my computer for driver software” and select the folder where you’ve extracted all the three files you got in Step 2. Once done — click Ok.
  5. Now click Next (Make sure you’ve ticked the “Include subfolders” checkbox).
  6. If you see any Windows security warning box, don’t worry . Just select “Install this driver software anyway”
  7. Wait for “Windows has successfully updated your driver software” message to appear on your screen. Now click Close.

11.) Open the “fastboot” folder from the file we extracted in Step 7.
12.) Now hold Shift and press mouse right click (Shift + Mouse Right Click) anywhere on the empty white space inside the “fastboot” folder. And then select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
13.) Now in the command prompt window type/paste the following:
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version​

14.) It should return a value like “0.3”. This ensures that your device is correctly connected.
15.) Now type/paste the following line in the command prompt window:
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY​

IMPORTANT! Replace the word “KEY” from the above line with the KEY that you received in Step 5. Then Hit Enter.

16.) Now wait for the process to complete. Command prompt will show a “Finished” message when it will be completed.
17.)Once it’s done, disconnect the USB cable from your phone and switch it ON.
18.)Your phone’s boot loader should now be Unlocked.

(The above videos and some steps are for Xperia 2011 devices, but most the steps are same for Xperia S/P/U/Sola)

D

Deleted member 5133333

Step 3 : Installing ClockWorkMod Recovery With RoceoverX

Step 3 : Installing ClockWorkMod Recovery With RoceoverX

We Will Install Recovery Using RecoverX Software.
Download The Software from Here ----> RecoverX v1.6.8.0

You just have to select your device and the recovery, click "Install" and RecoverX does the rest !!! It's that simple!! :p

rx1.png

rx2.png

D

Deleted member 5133333

Step 4 : Flashing ROM

Assuming you have already downloaded your required file, let’s proceed.

ROM Flashing

1.) Copy Paste update on Phone
  1. Copy update- copy update-xxx-xxx-xxx.zip coresponding to your device to sdcard
  2. Copy GAPPS. Download Link [Here]

2.) Flash CM kernel
Set USB Debugging On from Settings - Developer Options.
Connect the phone to the PC.

Click 1 - Click the Lightning icon.

screenshotfrom201210301.png

Select 2 - Select the Fastboot Mode.

Click 3 - Click Ok.

Click 4 - Select Reboot Into Fastboot Via Adb and wait for the phone to go into fastboot mode. (Blue led).

Click 5 - Select Reboot Into Fastboot Via Fastboot and wait for the phone to go into fastboot mode. (Blue led).

Click 6 and 7 - Select the boot.img (Extract The boot.img file from zip)

Click 8 - Reboot phone. After reboot, the phone will be in recovery mode.

3.) Boot into Recovery
While FXP logo is displayed (and lights are lit) press several times volume up to enter CWM (recovery)

4.) Flash ROM

1. To update main rom select
  2. Install zip from sdcard
  3. Choose zip from sdcard
  4. Select your update (copied at step 2)
  5. To flash gapps redo steps a-c and select gapps package
  6. Use gapps version designed for your android version !!! Link ---> Here, Gapps

5.Wipe device
  1. Whip Cache
  2. Whip Dalvik Cache (Advanced Option)
  3. Cache Partition

If after boot you experience ForceClose then is recomended to reboot to recovery and wipe device​

6.) Partition format

7.) Reboot and Enjoy :victory:

Troubleshooting

If you experience a bootloop (phone constantly reboots and reboots on the boot screen) or a soft brick (powering on the phone shows an orange triangle with a phone and computer), don’t be afraid. XDA to the rescue!

For a bootloop:

1. Hold The Power Button And Volume Up Button
    • If You Hold For 3 Seconds = Soft Reset = 1 Viberation
    • If You Hold For 10 Seconds = Hard Reset = 3 Viberations***
  2. Power on the Phone Again, Keep pressing Volume Up Button
  3. Your phone will boot into recovery.
  4. Select “Wipe data/ Factory reset”. (Volume Up for going up and Volume down to go down)
  5. After the reset is done, select “Reboot system now”.
  6. The phone will reboot and you should be all fine.
***Do Not Try Hard Reset Untill And Unless The Phone is Facing Major Problems,

For a soft brick:

• You probably flashed some faulty firmware or firmware not meant for your device.
  • The File You Downloaded Must Be Incomplete.
  • Download the correct firmware and flash again.

Last edited by a moderator:

nex_t

Mar 2, 2013
Which is the best way to flash / install a custom ROM / gapps ? With Flashtool or through TWRP / CWM ?
I'm now on stock ROM, Xperia ZL. Do i have to wipe / factory reset / cache / Dalvik cache if i use TWRP ?
Every advice is welcome, thank you

hasham7861

Nov 1, 2012
mississiauga
xperia s 2013 jelly bean

I have a question for xperia s jellybean 4.1.2 , i already root it using some other easy method and i wanna know how to flash rom on to that , i have no idea how to flash a rom and i m scared if i try this something might happen so i m asking for help?:laugh:

chuckie987

Dec 4, 2013
I know its ment to be straight forward but I have become stuck...

In step 4 - "Click 6/7" when using the Xperia Flasher where do I find the boot.img i need to put on my phone?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

I know its ment to be straight forward but I have become stuck...

In step 4 - "Click 6/7" when using the Xperia Flasher where do I find the boot.img i need to put on my phone?

Thanks

It would appear the ROM i downloaded didnt have a kernel.img but now i have a differant ROM and it has a boot.img so all good again! :D

Uz986

Nov 11, 2011
islamabad
Can i follow this method on xperia sl and also can i flash xperia s roms to xperia sl.....my boatloader is unlocked but phone isnt rooted so i guess i will skip unlock boatloader method.....which kernel should i flash for slimbean 4.3...it will be great help if someone answer these questions

mjk123

Dec 4, 2014
Please Help

Hi, I searched a lot for the way to flash a custom rom on my Xperia S. But now halfway through, I've got a problem. My device says it does not allow to unlock bootloader, so does that mean that there is no way I can flash a custom rom on my phone? :crying:

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
Hi, I searched a lot for the way to flash a custom rom on my Xperia S. But now halfway through, I've got a problem. My device says it does not allow to unlock bootloader, so does that mean that there is no way I can flash a custom rom on my phone? :crying:

You can use only Stock based ROM for locked bootloaders, not the unlocked bootloaders one.

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
This is very nice thread. For begginers like me in the rooting this.... loved it. i wast to ask a question
can we flash any zip file using flashtool or there are onle few specific files?

You cannot flash .zip files using flashtool. You can flash only Firmwares or kernel files using flashtool.

You cannot flash .zip files using flashtool. You can flash only Firmwares or kernel files using flashtool.

ohh...then is there any other method to flash zips otherthan going into recovery?
i am asking because my recovery is not working. when i go into recovery, blank black screen comes up. and it gets stuck there. i waited for very long time to make sure that it is stuck

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
ohh...then is there any other method to flash zips otherthan going into recovery?
i am asking because my recovery is not working. when i go into recovery, blank black screen comes up. and it gets stuck there. i waited for very long time to make sure that it is stuck

Which recovery are You using? The 2.8.1.0? It doesn't work with Xperia S. Use the 2.8.0.1 version.

Which recovery are You using? The 2.8.1.0? It doesn't work with Xperia S. Use the 2.8.0.1 version.

Wait i will let you know the complete story.

so what happened is
first i was on CM11 for few mnths then switched to MIUIv5 for 1 month. everything was working fine
but when day before yesterday i flashed PA rom i am not able to access the recovery now (previously there was TWRP in my XS). now i can't flash any zip file
when i reboot to recovery it gets stuck on black blank screen. Even the recovery apps like twrp are not working. when i tried to install recovery through app, the app crashes.
As recovery is not working i cant even switch to other roms or any zip file.
i am totally stuck on this ROM

i asked this que on sony mobile group on FB (created by some sony fans), one of the member said "probably this is not ROM fault but the kernel fault. consider trying new kernel"

Last edited:

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
Wait i will let you know the complete story.

so what happened is
first i was on CM11 for few mnths then switched to MIUIv5 for 1 month. everything was working fine
but when day before yesterday i flashed PA rom i am not able to access the recovery now (previously there was TWRP in my XS). now i can't flash any zip file
when i reboot to recovery it gets stuck on black blank screen. Even the recovery apps like twrp are not working. when i tried to install recovery through app, the app crashes.
As recovery is not working i cant even switch to other roms or any zip file.
i am totally stuck on this ROM

i asked this que on sony mobile group on FB (created by some sony fans), one of the member said "probably this is not ROM fault but the kernel fault. consider trying new kernel"

If You are on Beta 6 of PA, it doesn't have twrp or cwm. Flash the twrp v2.8.0.1 by terminal emulator method.

Reactions: mr.sky10295

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
i am on PA 4.6 BETA4
terminal emulator means the android app or PC's cmd?

PS: sorry giving you too much trouble by asking stupid questions. but i dont have much knowledge about this things deeply. so kindly bear me for some time.

Ah yes, even that one doesn't have recovery.
Unlocked bootloader is must.
You need an Android app. You can find the app here. Also, here is the page of the twrp.
What You need to do is, download the twrp from here. Rename it to fotakernel.img .
Then copy it to Your sdcard.
Then run the following commands on the terminal emulator app:
Code:
su

dd if=/sdcard/fotakernel.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11
TWRP installed!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5133333
    Complete Beginners Guide To Flash Custom ROM on Xperia S | 2011 Devices

This Guide Is Made Easier To Understand The Basics To Install / Flash Custom ROM (Specifically On Xperia Phones). You will not need to go to any annoying links and go on reading lengthy descriptions everything required is provided here. :victory:

Everything is Step By Step.
    Just Follow Them And Everything Will Work Fine
    ;)

Now Lets Get Down To Business.

This Tutorial is Specially For

• For Complete Beginners
    • For Newcomers to Android
    • For Those Who Want To Learn Flashing ROM Easy Way
    • People who did not had any encounters with Programming

Thanks To All The Senior Developers For Providing Us The Knowledge In Developing Modding And Flashing And Amazing Guides Through Out XDA Forum. Without You People This Guide Would Not Have Been Complete

This Guide Is Covered in Next 4 Posts With Every Step As Described Below.

NOTE : I Will Explain This Thread For Flashing Custom ROM Cyanogenmod 10 for Xperia S.
    Link here---> https://sites.google.com/site/projectfreexperia/
    You can download any Stable ROM The Procedure is Same For All.​

Step by Step Process Tree
    Step 1. Rooting Xperia S​
    Step 2. Unlocking Bootloader​
    Step 3. Installing CWM Recovery​
    Step 4. Flashing A Custom ROM​
    Step 5. That's it! You will Have The Custom Rom Running.​
    D
    Deleted member 5133333

This is done by Using A Root Tool Provided by Our Senior Developer @Bin4ry. Please Press His Thanks Button For Helping Out For The Amazing TooL!

Just Download The Tool By Clicking Here : Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v30

For Xperia S 2.55 Firmware look in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/show...php?p=39498268

But Don't Start Running The Tool Yet. Before That you need to Do A Couple Of Things, :angel:

Before Rooting What You Need?
    1.) Install Your Phones Software Driver, ---> PC Companion Will Do The Job Just Connect The Phone And Check If It Detects!
    2.) Activate USB Debugging, Setting ---> Developer Options
    3.) Activate Unknown Sources, Setting ---> Security
    4.) Connect Your Phone via USB
    5.) Confirm That Your Device Is Connected Properly In Device Manager.

Only Then,
    6.) Proceed With Rooting Tool Kit.

How To Use It?

1.) Download Attached File.
    2.) Extract it Using Winrar
    3.) Double click the RunMe.bat and follow instructions!

Xperia phones with "older" firmware = Normal mode
    Sony Tablet and similar = Special mode
    Xperia phones with JB Firmare = Mode 3 (Goroh_kun mode)

Complete Video Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EpkrCq1gfM

Just Follow The On Screen Instructions. (Its really easy like installing a game :laugh:)

After The Software Finishes Its Work! Your Phone Must BE Rooted By Now!
    D
    Deleted member 5133333

Assuming you have already downloaded your required file, let’s proceed.

ROM Flashing

1.) Copy Paste update on Phone
    1. Copy update- copy update-xxx-xxx-xxx.zip coresponding to your device to sdcard
    2. Copy GAPPS. Download Link [Here]

2.) Flash CM kernel
    Set USB Debugging On from Settings - Developer Options.
    Connect the phone to the PC.

Click 1 - Click the Lightning icon.

Select 2 - Select the Fastboot Mode.

Click 3 - Click Ok.

Click 4 - Select Reboot Into Fastboot Via Adb and wait for the phone to go into fastboot mode. (Blue led).

Click 5 - Select Reboot Into Fastboot Via Fastboot and wait for the phone to go into fastboot mode. (Blue led).

Click 6 and 7 - Select the boot.img (Extract The boot.img file from zip)

Click 8 - Reboot phone. After reboot, the phone will be in recovery mode.

3.) Boot into Recovery
    While FXP logo is displayed (and lights are lit) press several times volume up to enter CWM (recovery)

4.) Flash ROM

1. To update main rom select
    2. Install zip from sdcard
    3. Choose zip from sdcard
    4. Select your update (copied at step 2)
    5. To flash gapps redo steps a-c and select gapps package
    6. Use gapps version designed for your android version !!! Link ---> Here, Gapps

5.Wipe device
    1. Whip Cache
    2. Whip Dalvik Cache (Advanced Option)
    3. Cache Partition

If after boot you experience ForceClose then is recomended to reboot to recovery and wipe device​

6.) Partition format

7.) Reboot and Enjoy :victory:

Troubleshooting

If you experience a bootloop (phone constantly reboots and reboots on the boot screen) or a soft brick (powering on the phone shows an orange triangle with a phone and computer), don’t be afraid. XDA to the rescue!

For a bootloop:

1. Hold The Power Button And Volume Up Button
      • If You Hold For 3 Seconds = Soft Reset = 1 Viberation
      • If You Hold For 10 Seconds = Hard Reset = 3 Viberations***
    2. Power on the Phone Again, Keep pressing Volume Up Button
    3. Your phone will boot into recovery.
    4. Select “Wipe data/ Factory reset”. (Volume Up for going up and Volume down to go down)
    5. After the reset is done, select “Reboot system now”.
    6. The phone will reboot and you should be all fine.
    ***Do Not Try Hard Reset Untill And Unless The Phone is Facing Major Problems,

For a soft brick:

• You probably flashed some faulty firmware or firmware not meant for your device.
    • The File You Downloaded Must Be Incomplete.
    • Download the correct firmware and flash again.
    i am on PA 4.6 BETA4
    terminal emulator means the android app or PC's cmd?

PS: sorry giving you too much trouble by asking stupid questions. but i dont have much knowledge about this things deeply. so kindly bear me for some time.

Ah yes, even that one doesn't have recovery.
    Unlocked bootloader is must.
    You need an Android app. You can find the app here. Also, here is the page of the twrp.
    What You need to do is, download the twrp from here. Rename it to fotakernel.img .
    Then copy it to Your sdcard.
    Then run the following commands on the terminal emulator app:
    Code:
    su

dd if=/sdcard/fotakernel.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11
    TWRP installed!
    D
    Deleted member 5133333

Procedure To Unlock Bootloader of Sony Xperia S LT26i :

1.) Installation of Fastboot USB Drivers (Xperia S)​
    2.) Unlocking Bootloader of Xperia S​

Now, We Will Unlock The Bootloader,

Why to Unlock Bootloader?
    1.) You can flash custom ROMs/Kernels
    2.) You don't need to worry if the new firmware can be rooted or not as with unlocked bootloader u can always ROOT Your device ;)

[ Before We Begin Unlocking Bootloader ]
    • Get the IMEI code for ur device: type *#06# in phone dialer to find it out, note only the digits (no dashes)
    • Make Sure The Fastboot Drivers Are Installed.
    • Make sure u have a windows PC with USB cable to connect the phone
    • Power down ur phone and keeping the Volume Up button pressed connect the USB cable to PC this will trigger FASTBOOT mode and windows
    • Will start driver installation, extract the above package and point the driver install to that location (usb_driver) folder
    • Once drivers are installed just disconnect cable and power on device.

[ How to Unlock ] (Official Way)

Video Link ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRH3pC7MhEA

For better understanding, I highly recommend you to watch the above video along with the instructions below:

1.) Download ‘Fastboot Drivers And Pacakges File For Xperia S’ file from → Here

2.) Extract the file you downloaded above on your PC. You’ll get the following three files:

1. drivers.zip
    2. fastboot_with_Android_USB_file.zip
    3.) Go to: http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/ and read everything!

1. This will open a web page in your default browser. Scroll to the bottom of the Instructions on the page and you’ll see a link like “Continue”, click on it.
    2. In the pop-up window click “Yes, I’m sure” and then in the next window click on both the checkboxes, and then click “I accept”.

4.) Now insert the details as per the instructions:

1. First 14 digits of your IMEI No. Do NOT enter the last digit (15th) in the box. To know your IMEI No. dial *#06# on your Xperia Arc.
    2. Your Name
    3. Your Email Address
    4. Click Submit.

5.) You’ll get a KEY to unlock boot loader. Write it down somewhere you can remember, it will be used later.
    6.) Switch off your phone.
    7.) Now extract the “fastboot_with_Android_USB_file.zip” file you got in Step 2.2.
    8.) Pick up your phone (it must be switched off) and hold the “Menu” button (the key at the bottom right of your phone), now while holding the “Menu” button connect your phone to your PC with an USB cable.
    9.) Once connected — the LED light near the phone’s USB plug will turn blue. If it doesn’t — repeat the Step 8.
    10.) Now to install the drivers do the following:
    1. Extract the “drivers.zip” file you got in Step 2.1
    2. Open “Device Manager” on your PC and look for “S1Boot Fastboot” under the head “Other devices”
    3. Right-click on “S1Boot Fastboot” and select “Update Driver Software…”
    4. Now select “Browse my computer for driver software” and select the folder where you’ve extracted all the three files you got in Step 2. Once done — click Ok.
    5. Now click Next (Make sure you’ve ticked the “Include subfolders” checkbox).
    6. If you see any Windows security warning box, don’t worry . Just select “Install this driver software anyway”
    7. Wait for “Windows has successfully updated your driver software” message to appear on your screen. Now click Close.

11.) Open the “fastboot” folder from the file we extracted in Step 7.
    12.) Now hold Shift and press mouse right click (Shift + Mouse Right Click) anywhere on the empty white space inside the “fastboot” folder. And then select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
    13.) Now in the command prompt window type/paste the following:
    fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version​

14.) It should return a value like “0.3”. This ensures that your device is correctly connected.
    15.) Now type/paste the following line in the command prompt window:
    fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY​

IMPORTANT! Replace the word “KEY” from the above line with the KEY that you received in Step 5. Then Hit Enter.

16.) Now wait for the process to complete. Command prompt will show a “Finished” message when it will be completed.
    17.)Once it’s done, disconnect the USB cable from your phone and switch it ON.
    18.)Your phone’s boot loader should now be Unlocked.

(The above videos and some steps are for Xperia 2011 devices, but most the steps are same for Xperia S/P/U/Sola)