How To Guide [GUIDE] HOW TO INSTALL GSI CUSTOM ROMS ON REDMI NOTE 10 5G/POCO M3 PRO 5G

Search This thread

skm_1

Apr 20, 2018
As a final test I flashed Pixel Experience back over itself and rebooted without going into recovery and wiping data, and it was absolutely fine - as if the phone had merely been rebooted - which leads me to think that applying a future update wouldn't require a factory reset.
There is a newer version of Pixel Experience from December 26th so I tried installing it on my spare phone (Redmi Note 10 5G) before risking my live phone (Poco M3 Pro 5G). Worked perfectly. In both cases I was installing it over an earlier version of Pixel Experience.

fastboot reboot fastboot fastboot set_active a fastboot delete-logical-partition product fastboot erase system fastboot flash system PixelExperience_arm64-ab-12.0-20211226-UNOFFICIAL.img fastboot set_active a fastboot reboot
Not sure if "set_active a" really needs to be in there twice but that's what it says in the instructions on page 1 of this thread. I did not need to change the Magisk-infused boot image or reflash a blank vbmeta.img.

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
There is a newer version of Pixel Experience from December 26th so I tried installing it on my spare phone (Redmi Note 10 5G) before risking my live phone (Poco M3 Pro 5G). Worked perfectly. In both cases I was installing it over an earlier version of Pixel Experience.

fastboot reboot fastboot fastboot set_active a fastboot delete-logical-partition product fastboot erase system fastboot flash system PixelExperience_arm64-ab-12.0-20211226-UNOFFICIAL.img fastboot set_active a fastboot reboot
Not sure if "set_active a" really needs to be in there twice but that's what it says in the instructions on page 1 of this thread. I did not need to change the Magisk-infused boot image or reflash a blank vbmeta.img.
for a fresh clean install set active a is suggested

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
there's a guide to install china miui 13 beta. i think miflash is better. but this guide confirm that switch to china rom is safe
in my opinion china rom is better than global when i will do a full backup i will install sure the stable release

Fire1511

Sep 4, 2019
there's a guide to install china miui 13 beta. i think miflash is better. but this guide confirm that switch to china rom is safe
in my opinion china rom is better than global when i will do a full backup i will install sure the stable release
Not working on camellian only camellia and did u tried that?

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
i will try asap. read the guide. our phone is supported " If your device does not have a clone in China, you cannot do this.". the china clone of camellian is camellia. so should work

skm_1

Apr 20, 2018
I would happily try to install the China version on my spare phone if I could figure out how to flash a recovery image from Linux.

skm_1

Apr 20, 2018
Got hold of an OTG adapter so I could control TWRP 3.5.2 with a mouse, and tried to flash the MIUI 13 recovery image. It failed about halfway through, just like previous attempts to flash a MIUI recovery image, reporting that some partition didn't exist (possibly system_a).

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3

I'm testing pixel experience via DSU. For me Is a very good aosp gsi. Seem the best alternative to stock

Top Liked Posts