How To Guide [GUIDE] HOW TO INSTALL GSI CUSTOM ROMS ON REDMI NOTE 10 5G/POCO M3 PRO 5G

Search This thread

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
Same question here. Will this method work for MIUI 13.0.2 in android 12?
Has anybody tried?

I'm an absolute noob and am afraid to brick my phone but MIUI 13 is full of bugs for me and alowed down my phone very much. It sucks.
yes, 100% work. but remember: download the correct gsi, and for first flash vbeta.img stock disabling dm-verity. if you didnt do these steps correctly, system dont boot

ps: flashing system.img via normal fatboot dont work. you had to enter into fastbootd.

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
Does this guide works with the latest miui update(MIUI Global 13.0.2 Stable) ......? its throwing me Remote Failure error.... any detailed steps will be appreciated.

D:\platform-tools>fastboot erase system
Erasing 'system' (bootloader) system
FAILED (remote: 'Partition table doesn't exist')
fastboot: error: Command failed
try same command from fastbootd

Reactions: nanchilanto

brian00009

Mar 29, 2022
is not true. i have tested some gsi after miui13 ota update, and all boot correctly. probably your are not capable of flashing gsi

dont say lies if you didnt know what are you talking about
Ok.
just get a backup miui 12.5 fastboot and mi flash. just in case your device doesn't boot too.

shi-no_tenshi

Mar 4, 2019
I finally understood why you couldn't boot into magisk patched images whenever I went flashed GSI roms. You're not supposed to delete the product partition. I followed a guide that just resizes the product partition so you can flash a > 3GB GSI.

Now I can root even if I was using MIUI 13 before.

shi-no_tenshi

Mar 4, 2019
How to resize it instead of deleting it? Which command should i change?

Thank you in advance!
Instead of using fastboot delete-logical-partition product , you resize it by flashing this file from this guide. Use the command fastboot flash product product_gsi.img

It is also worth noting that I took the vbmeta.img and vbmeta_system.img from the miui 13 fastboot rom and disabled verification and verity when I flashed both.

Reactions: clairel77

cigneve

Oct 12, 2020
Yesterday, i flashed pixel experience plus, i did everything written in the guide but it resulted in a loop which my phone was constantly booting into fastboot screen. I installed MIUI now but how can I install gsi roms?

RAVEN•BAN

Jun 7, 2022
Nippon gsi is the largest community of ported gsi. but flash carefully. not al generic gsi are compatible with stock vendors driver. after rebbot you can have some bugs. but the stock system can be easily restored. i suggest ported gsi from redmi n
i have some bugs after i flash pixel experience i always get blackscreen after i use my phone and i need to restart it for me to use it again. everytime i turn it off and i press the power button its all black i need to restart before i use it

RAVEN•BAN

Jun 7, 2022
i have some bugs after i flash pixel experience i always get blackscreen after i use my phone and i need to restart it for me to use it again. everytime i turn it off and i press the power button its all black i need to restart before i use it
do you have suggestions what i need to do?
Finally able to boot to gsi
tried 2 gsi :-
pixel experience and dotos
using poco m3 pro 5g indian version
both has same problem
1) volte doesn't work with gsi using jio sim
2) ones boot up after lockscreen turn off it never light up screen tried brightness solution given in post not worked
if someone can help to get it workaround to it it will be highly appreciate

both has same problem
2) ones boot up after lockscreen turn off it never light up screen tried brightness solution given in post not worked
if someone can help to get it workaround to it it will be highly appreciated
same problem here do you have solution?

akaki200

Jun 8, 2022
both has same problem
if someone can help to get it workaround to it it will be highly appreciated
bro can you help me to install pixel experience on my poco m3 pro 5g

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You cant just remove the file extension by renaming it. Theres a .img file INSIDE the folder. Extract that into the fastboot folder and rename it to system.img, NEVER remove or change a file extension.
    thx now it is working
    Code:
    I am NOT responsible for bricked devices, destroyed SD cards or any
    damage that may happen to your device.

Requirements:
    Unlocked bootloader.

WARNING

Don't use Nippon gsi they aren't working,I recommend using phh gsi by @phhusson lineage os by @AndyYan and PE 12 by @ponces

How to guide:

power + volume down button

fastboot reboot fastboot

install fastbootd drivers,follow this tutorial

fastboot set_active a

fastboot erase system

fastboot flash system (name gsi.img)

fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta (vbmeta.img)

fastboot flash vbmeta_b (vbmeta.img)

fastboot set_active a

fastboot reboot recovery

in recovery select wipe data

reboot to system

The GSI will be installed in your phone ;)

Bugs:
    Brightness slider but you can fix it

Recommended rom:

Pixel experience:

Select arm64 ab variant

How to fix brightness slider:

Go to phh treble settings,misc settings enable "use alternative brightness scale", "use linear screen brightness slider" and "allow setting brightness to the lowest possible",reboot the device

There is an better alternative to fix this annoying bug,follow this guide!

How to fix bluetooth audio:

Go to phh treble settings,misc settings, "Force enable a2dp off-load" and "Bluetooth workarounds" select mediatek option and reboot the device.

How to install magisk on your device:

How to flash gapps:
    You need magisk on your phone
    Download this file then flash from magisk

Latest corvus has auto brightness fixed
    Nippon gsi is the largest community of ported gsi. but flash carefully. not al generic gsi are compatible with stock vendors driver. after rebbot you can have some bugs. but the stock system can be easily restored. i suggest ported gsi from redmi note 8
    @Fire1511 do you picture proof on device with any GSI running on poco m3 pro 5g
    that was fast. thank you
    side note, do you have twrp for poco m3 pro 5g?
    No twrp